Queen have recorded with Adam Lambert

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Postby vfldotl » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:57 pm

Queen's Brian May has revealed that they've recorded music with Adam Lambert, but they are unlikely to release it.

Queen have recorded songs with Adam Lambert.

Legendary 'We Will Rock You' guitarist Brian May has revealed that while they've made music with their touring singer, there are no plans for them to release new Queen music because people only associate Queen's music with late frontman, Freddie Mercury, who tragically died in 1994 1991 at the age of just 45.

Speaking exclusively to BANG Showbiz, the 69-year-old rocker said: "There's no plans at the moment [to make new Queen music]. People love to see us play live but I think people as a whole see Queen as an album land with Freddie so probably not.

"I would love to work with Adam in fact we already have worked with Adam when we're recording but whether there will be a Queen album with Adam, I don't know and I think probably not."

Queen + Adam Lambert made their festival debut at Isle of Wight Festival in June, but Brian has teased that he wants to do "something different" with regards to playing festivals in the future.

He said: "I think we'll do something different next year, I don't know what it will be. The Isle of Wight was great, it was fantastic, I loved it. It's kind of new and we're about to Asia and play Bangkok and Thailand and Singapore and these are all things we've never done. It's amazing at my age I'm still going to places that are new. "

https://www.list.co.uk/article/84700-qu ... m-lambert/

Any thoughts on this one?

vfldotl
Spread Your Wings

Re: Queen have recorded with Adam Lambert

Postby cmsdrums » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:21 pm

My thought is that it may not be as clear cut as it reads...Brian does often misinterprete questions, and so his response may just be in reference to the recording he played on for one of Adam's previous solo releases...

cmsdrums
Spread Your Wings

Postby soxtalon » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:15 pm

I initially thought that as well but he did say "we". Roger wasn't involved with any of Adam's solo work. The only other misinterpretation I can think of is that he meant that they have done some recording while working with Adam -- not actually recording with Adam as in. They've been touring with Adam since 2012 and Brian and Roger did work on the Queen Forever tracks (TMBMTLTT, Love Kills, and LMIYHA). So they were working with Adam and recording as Queen without Adam. Maybe a stretch but Brian's interpretations have always been....interesting

soxtalon
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Cliff » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:13 am

I don't think there will ever be another full Queen or Queen+ album IMHO, once bitten twice shy so to speak (I'm referring to Cosmos Rocks with PR).

I could see the odd track now and again though if something really gels whilst messing about in the studio.

Cliff
Spread Your Wings

Postby agkelly » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:57 pm

I think it's a sad day when Queen start to base their decisions on the opinion (informed or otherwise) of the wider music-listening community. Queen have always done what they want regardless of popular opinion, and for the most part are much better off for that approach. Shepherds and not sheep, so to speak.

If this quote is correct, and the meaning is the way it appears, then they've done some recording work with Adam (under the guise of Queen + Adam Lambert) for fun in a studio somewhere, but won't release it because, supposedly, they're concerned that no-one will buy it unless it has Freddie singing.

I don't know about anywhere else in the world, but I still see from time-to-time in Australia Q+PR's two albums (ROTC and TCR) in music shops. They still sell, albeit nowhere near as much as perhaps most / all of Queen's other albums / compilations ... but they still sell.

agkelly
Spread Your Wings

Postby cmsdrums » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:35 am

It should all come down to artistic decisions (especially in their favoured position) as to whether it is any good, and whether THEY think it is any good. If they can stand behind it after release and say 'yes, we're proud of that', then it shouldn't matter if it sells one copy or 1 million. It's pretty sad that they seem to continue to consider sales and broader market popularity as more important than artistic credibility. They seem to think that issuing some really mediocre stuff with Freddie is far better than issuing some really great material on their own or with another vocalist.

cmsdrums
Spread Your Wings

Postby PiscesGirl » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:04 am

Wish they would record a song track for a major movie.

PiscesGirl
Spread Your Wings

Postby slightlymad1970 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:10 am

PiscesGirl wrote:Wish they would record a song track for a major movie.

Always thought Queen should've record a Bond song, this would be perfect for Q+AL :-D

slightlymad1970
We Will Rock You

Postby PiscesGirl » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:33 am

Brian did say he would like to do something different for the next year (2017) and if they got involved with a major movie, that would be different for QAL.

PiscesGirl
Spread Your Wings

Postby AlexKx » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:14 pm

This is REALLY great news!!! PLEASE let this become a new studio l.p.! In the meantime doesn't Brian have the "Anthems II" project happening with Kerry Ellis?! What about the studio l.p. he was going to record with Tony Iommi? Black Sabbath sound like they will pretty much be done early next year so may they will be open later next year in 2017, eh?

AlexKx
The Show Must Go On

Postby AngelR » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:09 pm

Is it legit? There are so many people twitting as if it's an official news?

Queen + Adam Lambert: Summer Sonic Live in Tokyo (Aug 17, 2014) Video & Audio to be released. See Asahi's full-page ad on Oct 8 for details

BARKS編集部‏ @barks_news
クイーン+アダム・ランバート、2014年サマソニライヴ映像がリリース (link: https://www.barks.jp/news/?id=100013108 ... gn=tw_auto) barks.jp/news/?id=10001…

AngelR
We Will Rock You

Postby soxtalon » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:10 pm

Hard time believing it to be true given that they are just about to announce an actual Queen product (On Air)....Maybe that would be next after On Air....but that would have to be a little while first before an announcement would be made...

soxtalon
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby slightlymad1970 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:52 pm

AngelR wrote:Is it legit? There are so many people twitting as if it's an official news?

Queen + Adam Lambert: Summer Sonic Live in Tokyo (Aug 17, 2014) Video & Audio to be released. See Asahi's full-page ad on Oct 8 for details

BARKS編集部‏ @barks_news
クイーン+アダム・ランバート、2014年サマソニライヴ映像がリリース (link: https://www.barks.jp/news/?id=100013108 ... gn=tw_auto) barks.jp/news/?id=10001…

This could be a Japanese only release, Q+PR released a Japanese only concert Super Live In Japan that was really good :D

slightlymad1970
We Will Rock You

Postby AngelR » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:15 pm

slightlymad1970 wrote:
AngelR wrote:Is it legit? There are so many people twitting as if it's an official news?

BARKS編集部‏ @barks_news

This could be a Japanese only release, Q+PR released a Japanese only concert Super Live In Japan that was really good :D

Why are Japanese fans so lucky?! What about us? :) let's wait and see.

AngelR
We Will Rock You

Postby agkelly » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:23 pm

Luckily in this day and age, a Japan-only release is only a few clicks and an online purchase away!

Q+PR 'SuperLive In Japan' was a great show.

agkelly
Spread Your Wings

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert