So is that it....?

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

So is that it....?

Postby soxtalon » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:40 pm

Nothing announced at this point for QAL. Are there further plans?

Probably.

All we know at this time regarding the possible future of QAL:

1. Live release - Summersonic may get a release...maybe Japan only but there is is a small buzz that it may be happening from overseas.

2. Recording - Reportedly they have recorded together (although that may be a miscommunication from Brian's vague answer which could have meant a ton of different things but definitely no QAL studio album planned or even likely.

3. Future live performances - For the first time there is no specific buzz about anything planned - only one statement by Brian that said they were looking at a different way of touring next year. or something like that. No idea what that means...BUT it does seem they are looking at something after Adam records his next album, and after B/K tour in December, etc. and they probably have to wait for Adam to promote also. (I'm also kind of hoping that Rog does a small solo tour)

soxtalon
Don't Stop Me Now

Re: So is that it....?

Postby Innuendoes » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:14 pm

They're too darned good, together, to not do something else!
Yeah, I'm lost in the night
The icy wind is howling out your name
The moon has gone behind the cloud again
And I can't stand to live another day
'Cause my bluebird went away

Innuendoes
Somebody To Love

The Master Of Space And Time

Postby icy » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:07 am

May I?
My gut tells me its not over, after all the hyping Brian and Roger has done for/about AL. :whistle:
However, if it is over, I will be quite surprised.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Postby NOLA » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:44 am

I hope it's over. The buzz created by this combination is waning dramatically. If they toured the USA again they would probably have to go to smaller arenas and they would be half filled like on the QPR tour. If they put out an album it'll probably be a joke - at least Paul Rodgers knew how to write rock songs. Time for Roger and Brian to hang it up!

NOLA
Spread Your Wings

Postby Innuendoes » Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:08 am

:shock:
Yeah, I'm lost in the night
The icy wind is howling out your name
The moon has gone behind the cloud again
And I can't stand to live another day
'Cause my bluebird went away

Innuendoes
Somebody To Love

The Master Of Space And Time

Postby snifflese » Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:19 am

I think someone is full of sour grapes! The show has only gotten more successful over time and the numbers of folks who saw this leg was huge. The reviews have been awesome and there are way fewer naysayers than before. Adam has taken his place with Queen and they all seem quite comfortable with it. Adam seems to have morphed into his role this time around and the videos are amazing. He seems to have found himself within the music and the band has just gelled. Brian said there was something on tap for 2017. If they come to the US, which I am hoping, they will sell out much bigger venues than before, I am sure! At this point, you can't compare the QPR era with the QAL. They are entirely different animals. There is nothing about the two tours that is similar. QPR was just not a good match. QAL just keeps getting better!! I can't wait to see them again, so I sure hope they come to the East Coast this year!

snifflese
Spread Your Wings

Postby icy » Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:18 am

NOLA wrote:I hope it's over. The buzz created by this combination is waning dramatically. If they toured the USA again they would probably have to go to smaller arenas and they would be half filled like on the QPR tour. If they put out an album it'll probably be a joke - at least Paul Rodgers knew how to write rock songs. Time for Roger and Brian to hang it up!

For all I have said about Q+AL...I hope Brian and Roger don't hang it up just yet. From what I see and hear, they both still love music...so who knows what is next? More solo tours, albums from them? Working with other artists?
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby snifflese » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:17 pm

I saw an interview somewhere recently with Brian and he said they would not be working with anyone but Adam as far as Queen goes. What they do singly and not as Queen is a different story. Brian mentioned that not only is the music amazing with Adam, but it is fun. He said that Adam is an easy, pleasant person to work with and that is what they want at this point in their life. I doubt there will be any other Queen singers.

snifflese
Spread Your Wings

Postby icy » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:26 pm

snifflese wrote:I saw an interview somewhere recently with Brian and he said they would not be working with anyone but Adam as far as Queen goes. What they do singly and not as Queen is a different story. Brian mentioned that not only is the music amazing with Adam, but it is fun. He said that Adam is an easy, pleasant person to work with and that is what they want at this point in their life. I doubt there will be any other Queen singers.

Thanks for the rehash :P
Brian has also hyped up Kerry Ellis. Toured and released music with her, that's what I was getting at in my above post is not about Q+AL.
Would or could Brian and Roger work together again in some aspect? Who knows, but I sure hope they do. There is so much that they could do.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby AngelR » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:47 pm

icy wrote:
snifflese wrote:I saw an interview somewhere recently with Brian and he said they would not be working with anyone but Adam as far as Queen goes. What they do singly and not as Queen is a different story. Brian mentioned that not only is the music amazing with Adam, but it is fun. He said that Adam is an easy, pleasant person to work with and that is what they want at this point in their life. I doubt there will be any other Queen singers.

Thanks for the rehash :P
Brian has also hyped up Kerry Ellis. Toured and released music with her, that's what I was getting at in my above post is not about Q+AL.
Would or could Brian and Roger work together again in some aspect? Who knows, but I sure hope they do. There is so much that they could do.

Brian and Kerry Ellis are touring England again in a couple of month. Great intimate show - good timing for Christmas. When was the show hyped up? If Brian praised Kerry - she deserved all the praises. Their show is a treat for the fans, the same as QEX - nothing more.

AngelR
We Will Rock You

Postby icy » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:58 pm

AngelR wrote:
Brian and Kerry Ellis are touring England again in a couple of month. Great intimate show - good timing for Christmas. When was the show hyped up? If Brian praised Kerry - she deserved all the praises. Their show is a treat for the fans, the same as QEX - nothing more.

I think Brian let the music do the talking with Kerry more often than not, instead of hyping it up time and time again. Which is great, because the music with Kerry and the music with AL is so different of course.All good that Brian can manage to do what he does. Personally, it all has its pros and cons. If Brian and Kerry toured close to me, I wouldn't mind going.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby AngelR » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:27 pm

icy wrote:
AngelR wrote:

I think Brian let the music do the talking with Kerry more often than not, instead of hyping it up time and time again. Which is great, because the music with Kerry and the music with AL is so different of course.All good that Brian can manage to do what he does. Personally, it all has its pros and cons. If Brian and Kerry toured close to me, I wouldn't mind going.

Brian does a lot of talking though: about his charity work and his guitars :lol:
I'd like to see them again but there's no shows close to me either.

AngelR
We Will Rock You

Postby DREAMASTER » Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:08 am

Nobody cares.
I'm Back to the 3rd Round.
Bring It On.

DREAMASTER
Spread Your Wings

Postby icy » Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:21 am

AngelR wrote:
icy wrote:
AngelR wrote:

Brian does a lot of talking though: about his charity work and his guitars :lol:
I'd like to see them again but there's no shows close to me either.

And photography, history, politics...I don't always agree with him...
But it will be a sad day when he is silent.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions