Summer Sonic 2014 getting an official release in Japan

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Re: Summer Sonic 2014 getting an official release in Japan

Postby BitterTears » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:49 am

I subscribe to the theory that Brian and Roger have never gone looking for a singer. The fact they didn't do anything as 'Queen' with another singer (apart from one offs) for nearly 15 years after we lost Freddie until the Paul Rodgers thing happened kind of supports this. And even then it was kind of a happy accident that they decided to play together at the Hall of Fame thing. And then they met Adam by accident too. So I don't know if we can definitely say if it wasn't Adam it would have been someone else. They do seem happy enough doing other things. Of course, what do I know? Maybe they had been discussing doing more things and we're informally looking for a singer when Adam landed in their lap.
 
BitterTears
The Show Must Go On
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 1424
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:38 pm
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 23 times

Re: Summer Sonic 2014 getting an official release in Japan

Postby AngelR » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:21 am

BitterTears wrote:I subscribe to the theory that Brian and Roger have never gone looking for a singer. The fact they didn't do anything as 'Queen' with another singer (apart from one offs) for nearly 15 years after we lost Freddie until the Paul Rodgers thing happened kind of supports this. And even then it was kind of a happy accident that they decided to play together at the Hall of Fame thing. And then they met Adam by accident too. So I don't know if we can definitely say if it wasn't Adam it would have been someone else. They do seem happy enough doing other things. Of course, what do I know? Maybe they had been discussing doing more things and we're informally looking for a singer when Adam landed in their lap.


As far as I remember Brian and Roger stated in many interviews that they're not looking for a singer and that they're lucky to meet Adam, who was a reality show contestant at the time!? They decided to check Adam out after a tip off from Spike apparently?
There were some other 'old school rockers' showing interest to Adam while he was at the show as well - Slash, KISS, Meatloaf.
Some fans prefer not to believe whatever Brian and Roger say and belittle Adam.
 
AngelR
We Will Rock You
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 822
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:50 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 88 times

Re: Summer Sonic 2014 getting an official release in Japan

Postby Cliff » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:18 pm

Does anyone know if the Bluray is going to be region free please?

Otherwise I assume the DVD will be fine as Japan is same region as the UK, but I would prefer the bluray.
 
Cliff
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:31 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Summer Sonic 2014 getting an official release in Japan

Postby agkelly » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:57 pm

Yes, the BluRay is indeed region-free.

I did the pre-order of this when it first became available. The dvd version (as I didn't own a BluRay player until a few weeks ago). A week or so later, I received an e-mail from them saying 'We notice you live in Australia. The dvd is region 'X' (whatever region Japan is), which means you may not be able to play it. Would you like to change your order for the BluRay version which is region-free?'

While my dvd player can indeed play other region's dvds (thanks to a region-free hack!), I decided to change it to the BluRay version and I went out and bought a BluRay player shortly afterwards.

I should imagine it'd be available soon, and therefore be in the mail soon too. I'm looking forward to it!
 
agkelly
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:01 am
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 14 times

Re: Summer Sonic 2014 getting an official release in Japan

Postby Michael Allred » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:48 pm

I just placed an order for the blu-ray + cd package. What I found odd was that I didn't get a total price, just a price (around $85 US) for the item itself. They said the price for shipping would come later both when finishing the order on their web site and in the confirmation e-mail. I don't think I have ever seen that happen before. Very weird.
Selling off some of my Queen collection which you can find at http://evilbaby.tripod.com/Queen_Collection_Sale.html please PM me if you are interested in anything.
 
Michael Allred
We Will Rock You
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 936
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:20 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: Summer Sonic 2014 getting an official release in Japan

Postby Cliff » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:14 pm

Michael Allred wrote:I just placed an order for the blu-ray + cd package. What I found odd was that I didn't get a total price, just a price (around $85 US) for the item itself. They said the price for shipping would come later both when finishing the order on their web site and in the confirmation e-mail. I don't think I have ever seen that happen before. Very weird.


Ditto - not sure how that will work - we'll see I suppose.
 
Cliff
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:31 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Summer Sonic 2014 getting an official release in Japan

Postby Cliff » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:16 pm

agkelly wrote:Yes, the BluRay is indeed region-free.

I did the pre-order of this when it first became available. The dvd version (as I didn't own a BluRay player until a few weeks ago). A week or so later, I received an e-mail from them saying 'We notice you live in Australia. The dvd is region 'X' (whatever region Japan is), which means you may not be able to play it. Would you like to change your order for the BluRay version which is region-free?'

While my dvd player can indeed play other region's dvds (thanks to a region-free hack!), I decided to change it to the BluRay version and I went out and bought a BluRay player shortly afterwards.

I should imagine it'd be available soon, and therefore be in the mail soon too. I'm looking forward to it!


I e-mailed Ward Records and they did indeed confirm that the bluray is region free:

Dear Cliff,

Thank you very much for your email.

Yes, the Blu-ray is region free, and the DVD is region 2.

Best regards,
Ward Records
 
Cliff
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:31 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Summer Sonic 2014 getting an official release in Japan

Postby Cliff » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:09 am

Michael Allred wrote:I just placed an order for the blu-ray + cd package. What I found odd was that I didn't get a total price, just a price (around $85 US) for the item itself. They said the price for shipping would come later both when finishing the order on their web site and in the confirmation e-mail. I don't think I have ever seen that happen before. Very weird.


Got confirmation of total price including shipping - converts from Yen to £ at approx. £87 :shock: which means shipping is approx. £20.

This must be the most expensive disc I've ever bought!! :cry:
 
Cliff
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:31 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Summer Sonic 2014 getting an official release in Japan

Postby sbrown » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:06 am

Cliff wrote:
Got confirmation of total price including shipping - converts from Yen to £ at approx. £87 :shock: which means shipping is approx. £20.

This must be the most expensive disc I've ever bought!! :cry:


Still doesn't beat my copy of Mad Bad and Dangerous To Know, which I think cost me around $130. I think this Blu Ray is going to be around $120. But yeah, damn expensive.
I'll be pissed if they release it in all territories next year.
 
sbrown
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 375
Images: 1
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:40 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Summer Sonic 2014 getting an official release in Japan

Postby Michael Allred » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:07 am

This supposedly came out on Tuesday but my order still has not shipped apparently. Has anyone's?
Selling off some of my Queen collection which you can find at http://evilbaby.tripod.com/Queen_Collection_Sale.html please PM me if you are interested in anything.
 
Michael Allred
We Will Rock You
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 936
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:20 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: Summer Sonic 2014 getting an official release in Japan

Postby snifflese » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:15 pm

My son's wife reads Japanese and she said that the orders would be shipped between the 22nd and the 28th. My son was still also waiting for confirmation for the set he ordered as my Christmas gift! I am so excited!
 
snifflese
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:06 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 33 times

Re: Summer Sonic 2014 getting an official release in Japan

Postby agkelly » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:58 pm

Mine is supposedly being shipped on the 28th, which is tomorrow, so YAY!
 
agkelly
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:01 am
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 14 times

Re: Summer Sonic 2014 getting an official release in Japan

Postby Cliff » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:18 pm

Michael Allred wrote:This supposedly came out on Tuesday but my order still has not shipped apparently. Has anyone's?


I've not had a dispatch notification e-mail as yet. Edit: Mine was dispatched late yesterday.

Word of warning; as this is an expensive item imported from overseas those of us in the UK (I have no idea about other countries) may be hit with import duty / VAT.
 
Cliff
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:31 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Summer Sonic 2014 getting an official release in Japan

Postby Michael Allred » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:25 pm

My Blu-ray and cd package came this morning. I'm in the US AND yes the the Blu-ray plays just fine.
Selling off some of my Queen collection which you can find at http://evilbaby.tripod.com/Queen_Collection_Sale.html please PM me if you are interested in anything.
 
Michael Allred
We Will Rock You
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 936
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:20 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: Summer Sonic 2014 getting an official release in Japan

Postby agkelly » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:26 pm

I have now received an e-mail stating that mine's been dispatched. It also has a note on there asking I not put online where I got it from as technically it's not supposed to be sold outside of Japan ... so WHOOPS, I think I / we may have already blown that one!
 
agkelly
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:01 am
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 14 times

PreviousNext

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests