Summer Sonic 2014 getting an official release in Japan

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Re: Summer Sonic 2014 getting an official release in Japan

Postby Another_Roger » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:55 am

Noone has slated the artwork yet. But there is still time!

Another_Roger
We Will Rock You

Postby Another_Roger » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:58 am

icy wrote:
Another_Roger wrote:
icy wrote:Why so expensive :shock: :food3:

So you don't have to buy it. Isnt that a great thing? They really care for you at Queen productions.

Would my money not be good enough? :sadw:

:lol: :P

If you want to starve for months after overspending on this release than yes. You're money is definitely good enough.

Another_Roger
We Will Rock You

Postby AlexKx » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:06 pm

The reason it is so expensive is two fold.
One because people steal and have stolen the entire music industry's recordings they have to make up for loss financially in whatever way that they can even though it will mean less numbers of the item sold over all.
The second reason is because it is an import from Japan that some party (perhaps both) do not want the general public to have easy access to. At least outside of Japan's territory. The parties involved selling this item are just simply buckling down any possibilities of any consumers outside of the country from getting direct easier than normal access to it.

Which leads to the other reasoning as to why only a Japanese release? I would say it is on some level to meet the demand of that market who often get some special product or aspect of a product because the industry want to encourage their citizens to buy from within their own country and not do imports OR at least to choose their products over someone else's. Hence why QUEEN were probably encouraged to go this route. This is the glorious result of a populace who are highly educated and aware of what goes on both around them and outside of their own worlds whereas the rest of the world walk around their thumbs up their butts waiting for a government to "take care of them". That along with the fact that they apparently liked a younger audience being visible and from what I thought I read a more energetic one in comparison to most other shows.

The reasoning behind making this a harder release for the general public to gain access to is because they might have plans for yet another recording/project in the near future...hopefully a studio l.p.! Though it could be just as well a live release as QUEEN did this during their reunion tour with Paul Rodgers with "Super Live!" in 2006 the following year after "Return Of The Champions" had been put out in 2005. Then again it might not mean any of this as "Super Live!" followed the worldwide release of "Return Of The Champions" and did not proceed it. That and the fact certain fans have gone to great lengths to dismiss anything being under the banner of QUEEN or QUEEN + not being legit without Freddie Mercury for the last quarter of a century or so. No reason to put a product out that won't sell well enough, eh.

As far as the cover and artwork go is it not what they released with the cheap tacky as hell picture of a rectangle with the Adam, Roger, and Brian about to bow at the end of the show? With Brian holding his guitar up?

I take it the whole show is not able to be squished all onto one c.d., right? So that would mean it is a highlights disc (compilation), right? I hate that standard and practice as it has been something going on in the industry for years now where the film takes precedence over the music and that is the only way to get the full show. Just goes to show how much the music industry have collapsed since the turn of the century. That sucks so much.

AlexKx
The Show Must Go On

Postby eiricd » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:40 pm

Can somebody list the portion of the show where lambert is
NOT on stage?
At certain QPR gigs there was a substantial part of the gig where Paul was of stage

eiricd
The Show Must Go On

Postby eiricd » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:42 pm

Awful artwork btw. Who is responsible? Even worse than QPR Super Live...

eiricd
The Show Must Go On

Postby AngelR » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:50 pm

eiricd wrote:Can somebody list the portion of the show where lambert is
NOT on stage?
At certain QPR gigs there was a substantial part of the gig where Paul was of stage

01. Procession - They're all behind the curtain
09. Teo Torriatte (Let Us Cling Together) - Brian
10. Love of My Life - Brian + Freddie
11. These Are the Days of Our Lives - Roger + Brian
12. Bass Solo - Neil Fairclough
13. Drum Battle - Roger + Rufus
+ Brian's solo, usually, but it seems to be missing from this list.

AngelR
The Show Must Go On

Postby AlexKx » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:30 pm

Hey! The "Super Live In Japan" cover is great!

AlexKx
The Show Must Go On

Postby icy » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:10 am

AlexKx wrote:Hey! The "Super Live In Japan" cover is great!

Yes, compared to this Q+AL cover, because on the latter it looks like someone vomited glitter all over it :lol: :P
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby icy » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:15 am

AlexKx wrote:The reason it is so expensive is two fold.
One because people steal and have stolen the entire music industry's recordings they have to make up for loss financially in whatever way that they can even though it will mean less numbers of the item sold over all.
The second reason is because it is an import from Japan that some party (perhaps both) do not want the general public to have easy access to. At least outside of Japan's territory. The parties involved selling this item are just simply buckling down any possibilities of any consumers outside of the country from getting direct easier than normal access to it.

Which leads to the other reasoning as to why only a Japanese release? I would say it is on some level to meet the demand of that market who often get some special product or aspect of a product because the industry want to encourage their citizens to buy from within their own country and not do imports OR at least to choose their products over someone else's. Hence why QUEEN were probably encouraged to go this route. This is the glorious result of a populace who are highly educated and aware of what goes on both around them and outside of their own worlds whereas the rest of the world walk around their thumbs up their butts waiting for a government to "take care of them". That along with the fact that they apparently liked a younger audience being visible and from what I thought I read a more energetic one in comparison to most other shows.

The reasoning behind making this a harder release for the general public to gain access to is because they might have plans for yet another recording/project in the near future...hopefully a studio l.p.! Though it could be just as well a live release as QUEEN did this during their reunion tour with Paul Rodgers with "Super Live!" in 2006 the following year after "Return Of The Champions" had been put out in 2005. Then again it might not mean any of this as "Super Live!" followed the worldwide release of "Return Of The Champions" and did not proceed it. That and the fact certain fans have gone to great lengths to dismiss anything being under the banner of QUEEN or QUEEN + not being legit without Freddie Mercury for the last quarter of a century or so. No reason to put a product out that won't sell well enough, eh.

As far as the cover and artwork go is it not what they released with the cheap tacky as hell picture of a rectangle with the Adam, Roger, and Brian about to bow at the end of the show? With Brian holding his guitar up?

I take it the whole show is not able to be squished all onto one c.d., right? So that would mean it is a highlights disc (compilation), right? I hate that standard and practice as it has been something going on in the industry for years now where the film takes precedence over the music and that is the only way to get the full show. Just goes to show how much the music industry have collapsed since the turn of the century. That sucks so much.

Let's say you are right about the stealing issue. Why should the ones who want this pay for the ones that steal?
I remember buying MIH as an import a few years back, it was nowhere near as expensive as this is, including shipping/handling. Hell, I've recently bought a whole season of a TV show season with four discs and it was not as expensive as this.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby Michael Allred » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:51 am

Hopefully this will go up for sale on a japanese site that won't need to be translated to order without worry.
Selling off some of my Queen collection which you can find at http://evilbaby.tripod.com/Queen_Collection_Sale.html please PM me if you are interested in anything.

Michael Allred
We Will Rock You

Postby CNB » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:05 pm

I wonder if it will eventually be available for purchase in the UK and the US.
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby cmsdrums » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:21 pm

Another_Roger wrote:Noone has slated the artwork yet. But there is still time!

Well. I suppose it's one without Freddie alone on the front cover for once - that must instantly make it a collectors' item, right?!!

cmsdrums
Spread Your Wings

Postby BitterTears » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:12 pm

CNB wrote:I wonder if it will eventually be available for purchase in the UK and the US.

Well, if history repeats it will be a bonus disc on the upcoming Queen + Adam Lambert studio album.

But realistically, I get the feeling it won't be.

BitterTears
The Show Must Go On

Postby CNB » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:58 pm

Last night Adam tweeted that he had been working on new music in London but he didn't say if it was with the Queen guys!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby AlexKx » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:47 pm

Oh, how I pray it is so!!! Thank you for the information!

AlexKx
The Show Must Go On

PreviousNext

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert