Q+AL - idea for "new" studio album

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Q+AL - idea for "new" studio album

Postby Michael Allred » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:01 pm

It would a wasted opportunity if the guys never recorded anything in the studio together but I get how writing brand new music might be more work than any of them wanna put in on it.

So....how about an all covers album? Or...what if they take notes from the Page/Plant reunion from years ago and take old Queen songs but give them a new arrangement? Or what about taking old Queen demos and unfinished songs and just re-recording them with Adam on vocals?
Selling off some of my Queen collection which you can find at http://evilbaby.tripod.com/Queen_Collection_Sale.html please PM me if you are interested in anything.

Michael Allred
We Will Rock You

Re: Q+AL - idea for "new" studio album

Postby icy » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:20 pm

Q+AL doing a covers album...no thanks.
As for new arrangements of Queen songs...no thanks.
As for Q+AL using old demos and unfinished songs and re recording them with AL on vocals...no way and no thanks, because as a Queen fan, that is something I'd never want to see AL involved with.
If a studio album happens, I'd rather it be completely new, lyrics, production, vocals.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
I Want To Break Free

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Postby Michael Allred » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:26 am

icy wrote:Q+AL doing a covers album...no thanks.
As for Q+AL using old demos and unfinished songs and re recording them with AL on vocals...no way and no thanks, because as a Queen fan, that is something I'd never want to see AL involved with.
If a studio album happens, I'd rather it be completely new, lyrics, production, vocals.

Well that last sentence goes against the initial thrust of my post.....if writing all new music was something they didn't want to invest in but still wanted to do SOMETHING then how many other options are available?
Selling off some of my Queen collection which you can find at http://evilbaby.tripod.com/Queen_Collection_Sale.html please PM me if you are interested in anything.

Michael Allred
We Will Rock You

Postby icy » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:19 am

Michael Allred wrote:
icy wrote:Q+AL doing a covers album...no thanks.

Well that last sentence goes against the initial thrust of my post.....if writing all new music was something they didn't want to invest in but still wanted to do SOMETHING then how many other options are available?

What comes to my mind...maybe concerts in places they haven't played before? Have other artists cover the music? Perform with a Freddie hologram? Who really knows?
If a Q+AL album were to happen, I think it would be more of a stretch and maybe a good thing if they wrote new songs, do as much new as possible than involve AL with Queen demos, unfinished songs. As a Queen fan for over 20 years, the vintage Queen music is what I hope for and want the most, but not with AL being involved. That is not meant as an insult, because their is AL's solo career to think about as well. Would Brian, Roger and Adam even want to invest in a studio album and all that goes into it?
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
I Want To Break Free

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Postby sbrown » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:57 am

I've always thought it was a shame Queen were unable to ride the "Unplugged" wave in the early-mid 90s.
That's something I'd quite like to see from QAL. Queen songs, something from AL, maybe even a couple of covers. All acoustic in front of a small audience.

sbrown
Spread Your Wings

Postby CNB » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:31 pm

Adam has done a lot of unplugged acoustic performances with his solo music!

Broken Open - 2010 - Note the Queen shirt:
http://kinotube.info/channel/watch/OgAjZquUD8M

http://www.idolator.com/5441152/adam-la ... -unplugged

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1ljb_JsvUEc
I WANT TO BREAK FREE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
THE SHOW MUST GO ON !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby soxtalon » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:13 pm

Nevermind

soxtalon
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby AlexKx » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:14 pm

The answer is yes to everything BUT a new studio l.p. of new songs should be done first and toured for. Perhaps a few first before an entire l.p. of cover songs. Otherwise once they start putting out new studio l.p.s they without doubt should re-record all sorts of new versions of QUEEN songs! I hope that that was done with Paul Rodgers...

AlexKx
The Show Must Go On

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert