Press Release: Queen + Adam Lambert NA Tour 2017

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Re: Press Release: Queen + Adam Lambert NA Tour 2017

Postby AngelR » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:06 pm

Wild/Wind wrote:They are selling very well!

Yes, they are selling well indeed!

PRESS RELEASE: SECOND HOLLYWOOD BOWL SHOW ADDED
DUE TO OVERWHELMING DEMAND

TUESDAY, JUNE 27, 2017

AngelR
We Will Rock You

Postby hotspace1966 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:06 pm

Just seen that 'The Muppets' are playing 3 nights at the Hollywood Bowl, just to get things in perspective.
Always loved those furry creatures.

hotspace1966
Spread Your Wings

Postby Peace Loving Guy » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:22 pm

hotspace1966 wrote:Just seen that 'The Muppets' are playing 3 nights at the Hollywood Bowl, just to get things in perspective.
Always loved those furry creatures.

Well look, it's universally acknowledged The Muppets' version of Bohemian Rhapsody is the definitive one. The rumour is John Deacon has taken over bass duties from Floyd Pepper, (notorious coke habit).

Peace Loving Guy
Spread Your Wings

Postby CNB » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:51 am

Queen/Adam Lambert Keeping Freddie Mercury Legacy Alive

https://www.yahoo.com/music/queen-adam- ... 47733.html
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby YAFF » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:58 pm

CNB wrote:Queen/Adam Lambert Keeping Freddie Mercury Legacy Alive

:roll: Freddie's legacy does not need Q+AL or QEX to keep it alive. Tired of this boring cliches' and simplistic platitudes.

The only thing it is doing is keep Brian May and Roger Taylor's post Queen circus alive and extend Lambert's fifteen minutes of fame as a hired gun. Sorry to crap all over this thread but lamebrained articles like this one are obnoxious.

I hope for Adam's sake he breaks away from this collaboration soon because before long he will be more well known for being a hired singer for Queen rather than a solo artist. yeah that's right. I'm saying Maylor is using him more than he is using Maylor.
"I don't dislike Freddie and have said he's hands down the best singer I've ever heard." - magicshoes

YAFF
The Show Must Go On

Postby AngelR » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:17 pm

YAFF wrote:

:roll: Freddie's legacy does not need Q+AL or QEX to keep it alive. Tired of this boring cliches' and simplistic platitudes.

The only thing it is doing is keep Brian May and Roger Taylor's post Queen circus alive and extend Lambert's fifteen minutes of fame as a hired gun. Sorry to crap all over this thread but lamebrained articles like this one are obnoxious.

I hope for Adam's sake he breaks away from this collaboration soon because before long he will be more well known for being a hired singer for Queen rather than a solo artist. yeah that's right. I'm saying Maylor is using him more than he is using Maylor.

Yeah, the word "active" would be better than "alive"?
How this collaboration can cause any damage to Adam's solo projects? I wouldn't blame B&R that electro-dance music albums don't bring big success to Adam Lambert. Maybe he needs to move on to something real and grand and more suitable for his voice like a collaboratiive album with operatic soprano? ;)

AngelR
We Will Rock You

Postby YAFF » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:37 pm

AngelR wrote:
YAFF wrote:

Yeah, the word "active" would be better than "alive"?
How this collaboration can cause any damage to Adam's solo projects? I wouldn't blame B&R that electro-dance music albums don't bring big success to Adam Lambert. Maybe he needs to move on to something real and grand and more suitable for his voice like a collaboratiive album with operatic soprano? ;)

Perhaps. I still maintain that he has no business singing rock music. I've tried and tried but his voice just grates on my nerves when he sings many of the Queen songs.

I don't know why he hasn't done better with dance pop. Too old? Too something? The Idol blessing/curse? Musical theatre and pop standards is where he'll probably end up. I also think he should have done that covers album. He's a vocalist the way a Tony Bennett is, not a singer songwriter like Sam Smith (not a fan) regardless of who has the better voice.
"I don't dislike Freddie and have said he's hands down the best singer I've ever heard." - magicshoes

YAFF
The Show Must Go On

Postby CNB » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:59 pm

YAFF, you weren't watching it but Adam more than proved on Idol that he can sing anything including killer rock versions of "Satisfaction," "Whole Lotta Love," "Cryin'," "Slow Ride," "Beth," "Detroit Rock City," and "We Are The Champions," which is what led to his collaborations with Queen!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby The Milkman » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:57 pm

CNB wrote:YAFF, you weren't watching it but Adam more than proved on Idol that he can sing anything including killer rock versions of "Satisfaction," "Whole Lotta Love," "Cryin'," "Slow Ride," "Beth," "Detroit Rock City," and "We Are The Champions," which is what led to his collaborations with Queen!

This is a killer version of "Satisfaction"? :lol:

phpBB [video]

This is T total SHIT and so were most of his other Idol performances. He's come so far since then and he's tolerable now.

If he was still singing like this Q+AL would struggle to sell small theaters.
Being offended is a small price to pay for the right to free speech.

The Milkman
Somebody To Love

Postby YAFF » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:20 am

CNB wrote:YAFF, you weren't watching it but Adam more than proved on Idol that he can sing anything including killer rock versions of "Satisfaction," "Whole Lotta Love," "Cryin'," "Slow Ride," "Beth," "Detroit Rock City," and "We Are The Champions," which is what led to his collaborations with Queen!

I've seen many clips and I find his voice just "off" on heavy rock songs. He can do ballads okay. He doesn't have a rock voice in my opinion. You don't have to share my opinion. At least I'm not saying he can't sing anything. When he tries to sing hard on rock songs his voice is shrill and screechy to me. He hits the notes with ease but to me it's just off-putting. He is a talented singer but clearly canNOT sing anything.

NOPE
phpBB [video]

HELL NO
phpBB [video]
Last edited by YAFF on Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

YAFF
The Show Must Go On

Postby CNB » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:49 am

IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby YAFF » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:54 am

Yeah he does great on ballads. No doubt.

When he sings "Whole Lotta Love" he nails the chorus but the rest of the song is just weird.

YAFF
The Show Must Go On

Postby CNB » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:53 am

I just read on Twitter that Rufus Taylor won't be available for the NA QAL tour this summer. Tyler Warren will take his spot. I believe he is an excellent drummer/musician who has toured with the QE band!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby pi3rre » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:51 am

[quote="CNB"]I just read on Twitter that Rufus Taylor won't be available for the NA QAL tour this summer. Tyler Warren will take his spot. I believe he is an excellent drummer/musician who has toured with the QE band![

Can't find an Official about Warren... link?

pi3rre
Spread Your Wings

London 17th Jan =)

Postby The__KingOfRhye » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:40 am

CNB wrote:I just read on Twitter that Rufus Taylor won't be available for the NA QAL tour this summer. Tyler Warren will take his spot. I believe he is an excellent drummer/musician who has toured with the QE band!

I saw the same news relayed on Facebook, most likely via those very tweets. I kinda wish Rufus would always be with QAL, but ya know, he's got a band of his own these days. ;)

I have recordings of The Darkness's tour with Rufus on drums....(officially released via their site, and came in a Les Paul-shaped USB drive, at that!). And I gotta say, Rufus is just a damn good drummer. Better than Emily Dolan Davies, who performed on their last album, IMO. I dunno, that might be unfair maybe, I'm basing my opinion on one Darkness song, Roaring Waters. It has a series of tempo changes in the middle of the song, and in fact, it's my least favorite song on the album, only because the tempo changes just sound sloppy. Like, it sounded like someone lost the beat for a few moments. But, I heard the live version with Rufus on drums, and no such problem. He was right on the money. The beat was exactly where it should have been. :P

The__KingOfRhye
The Show Must Go On

Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?

PreviousNext

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert