Press Release: Queen + Adam Lambert NA Tour 2017

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Re: Press Release: Queen + Adam Lambert NA Tour 2017

Postby TheHero » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:22 pm

New lighting rig ?

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Echoplex » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:00 pm

TheHero wrote:New lighting rig ?

What about it?

Echoplex
Spread Your Wings

Postby agkelly » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:40 pm

I'm guessing the question was meant to be asking if there is one, and I'm safely presuming that the answer is 'yes' given the new stage layout and the supposed never-before-seen/done visual element to the shows.

agkelly
Spread Your Wings

Postby parchedpeas » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:32 am

I know we can by cynical on here about what they're gonna do for this tour, but I think it's only the consistency of Adam Lambert that allows them to muck about with the set list.

So, weirdly, if you currently hate Queen for selling out, the only way you're going to hear stuff that you've not heard for ages, or forever, is if they stay together. Yes it's not Freddie. But then Freddie was responsible for a move towards the 'greatest hits' concept anyway.

The stuff about them being an 'albums' band from Roger is a bit suspect though. After Races, it was pretty much a case of who could write the lead single. Even though we try and paint Innuendo as a reversion, it's still really an 'album' of singles and B-sides. It's not really a whole.

parchedpeas
Spread Your Wings

Postby CNB » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:57 pm

I hope they add "Love Kills" into the set list for the NA tour:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8bb6f1fudSw
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby GalileoFigaro » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:14 am

CNB wrote:I hope they add "Love Kills" into the set list for the NA tour:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8bb6f1fudSw

I think Adam did a great cover, but those performances were timed in preparation for the Queen Forever release that year, so I think it is rather unlikely to hear that on this leg. Besides, Brian noted in the RS article that this is the 40th anniversary of NOTW, so I think there's a good chance of hearing some songs from that album. If Brian is keen on this idea, I think that "Spread Your Wings", "Sheer Heart Attack" or "Get Down, Make Love" would be the most likely tracks to enter the setlist.

While it's doubtful that my idea would materialize, I think "There Must Be More to Life Than This" as a Freddie/Adam duet (AL taking Michael Jackson's parts) would work great live. Adam's certainly got the vocal chops and I think it would double as another nice tribute to Freddie during the show.

As for other songs, I may be in the minority, but I'd much prefer "Long Away" over "'39" during Brian's short set.

I heard that they rehearsed "Drowse" before the 2014 New Years' special, though I think the closest we'll get to Roger singing lead on one of his own songs is "TATDOOL", "A Kind of Magic" or a rehash of "I'm in Love with My Car" from the QPR days. If "Tenement Funster" makes its way to the set, I'd be in complete awe.
In the quiet of the night let our candle always burn, let us never lose the lessons we have learned.

GalileoFigaro
Spread Your Wings

Postby julymorning » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:33 am

pi3rre wrote:
CNB wrote:I just read on Twitter that Rufus Taylor won't be available for the NA QAL tour this summer. Tyler Warren will take his spot. I believe he is an excellent drummer/musician who has toured with the QE band![

Can't find an Official about Warren... link?

Tyler's Dad, Allen Warren shared someone's link about Tyler finally today, and since I have been busy elsewhere, didn't see this here and I don't 'twitter'. I was pretty stoked in my response because this has to be such an amazing thing for a kid that has been playing Queen on drums since he was 3. I mean QE was a wonderful thing for him already. He is so feaking professional and talented at everything he does, musically.

Tyler's Dad replies "shhhhhh". He's quite a jokester, but I found I had a message to me from him that it was true, just not officially announced yet other than the leaks here and there.
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

This is probably as good as it gets.

Postby AngelR » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:54 am

julymorning wrote:
pi3rre wrote:
CNB wrote:I just read on Twitter that Rufus Taylor won't be available for the NA QAL tour this summer. Tyler Warren will take his spot. I believe he is an excellent drummer/musician who has toured with the QE band![

Can't find an Official about Warren... link?

Tyler's Dad, Allen Warren shared someone's link about Tyler finally today, and since I have been busy elsewhere, didn't see this here and I don't 'twitter'. I was pretty stoked in my response because this has to be such an amazing thing for a kid that has been playing Queen on drums since he was 3. I mean QE was a wonderful thing for him already. He is so feaking professional and talented at everything he does, musically.

Tyler's Dad replies "shhhhhh". He's quite a jokester, but I found I had a message to me from him that it was true, just not officially announced yet other than the leaks here and there.

I think it's true even if Rufus confirmed it unofficially. So happy for Tyler, what a great opportunity for him - once in-a-lifetime! Rufus + Roger drum battle was a great part of the show and will be missed though.

AngelR
We Will Rock You

Postby BitterTears » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:23 am

So first whisper of more dates on Brian's soapbox today. Probably Europe in October and the UK in December.

BitterTears
The Show Must Go On

Postby CNB » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:22 pm

Bri talking about his 3D book and upcoming and future tours:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G1IU70hxQ6Y
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby hotspace1966 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:54 pm

Looks like UK tour possibly December. So guess it will be large arena's again. Hopefully the set list may be shaken up enough to complement the new light show and stage design spiking my interest to possibly attend.
Having enjoyed the previous Queen + shows for what they are i suppose there is only so long they can keep doing this and may be the last time to catch them in a large venue with a show of this scale.
Getting tickets to any event in the UK now is an expensive pain in the arse and will also be a consideration, even pre-sales never work as intended and don't always offer great viewing seats.

hotspace1966
Spread Your Wings

Postby AlexKx » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:35 am

Be careful though! You might have a good time if you are not careful! :lol:

AlexKx
The Show Must Go On

Postby CNB » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:40 am

An updated spreadsheet for the NA tour posted on Twitter today:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 4/htmlview
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby CNB » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:33 pm

"Adam Lambert Honors Freddie Mercury's Legacy"

http://www.inquisitr.com/opinion/411435 ... ys-legacy/
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby Echoplex » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:37 pm

CNB wrote:An updated spreadsheet for the NA tour posted on Twitter today:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 4/htmlview

So how official is this. The number of tickets for a sellout per venue appears to be based on what other artist have sold, not what the actual venue capacity is. Some shows, depending on production can deminish the number of seats available. For instance a 60x40ft stage takes up less space than a 70x45ft stage with an 80ft run way and a 20x20 ft stage B stage. Also front of house sound and lighting desks need space which is different with every show.

Echoplex
Spread Your Wings

PreviousNext

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert