Press Release: Queen + Adam Lambert NA Tour 2017

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Re: Press Release: Queen + Adam Lambert NA Tour 2017

Postby icy » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:53 am

musicalprostitute wrote:The eye image Brian posted looks like it could come from the robot (which will probably rise from the stage and move around).

I wonder how they will include Freddie this year? They have stated that he will still be very much part of the show, but they have also said they are not going to include him the same way they have done on previous tours - so just how will Freddie be 'involved'?

Please not a hologram.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 16533
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 262 times
Been thanked: 564 times

Re: Press Release: Queen + Adam Lambert NA Tour 2017

Postby musicalprostitute » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:02 pm

icy wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:The eye image Brian posted looks like it could come from the robot (which will probably rise from the stage and move around).

I wonder how they will include Freddie this year? They have stated that he will still be very much part of the show, but they have also said they are not going to include him the same way they have done on previous tours - so just how will Freddie be 'involved'?

Please not a hologram.


No, it definitely will not be a hologram: Brian has already stated they will not take this route (which I am pleased about, as I feel it cheapens things somewhat).

As long as there is something visual, I shall be happy.
 
musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

      
 
Posts: 4271
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Essex and Cardiff.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 455 times

Re: Press Release: Queen + Adam Lambert NA Tour 2017

Postby CNB » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:10 pm

IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!
 
CNB
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 9176
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:54 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 517 times
Been thanked: 413 times

Re: Press Release: Queen + Adam Lambert NA Tour 2017

Postby 777nevada777 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:53 pm

The Hero,

I forgot about that BTF scene! Yes something like that, robot destroying the arena from the top to grab the audience or maybe the band?
 
777nevada777
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:51 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Press Release: Queen + Adam Lambert NA Tour 2017

Postby Liam100 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:11 pm

It's nearly here my beauties! Is it happening???
 
Liam100
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:22 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Press Release: Queen + Adam Lambert NA Tour 2017

Postby icy » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:43 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
icy wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:The eye image Brian posted looks like it could come from the robot (which will probably rise from the stage and move around).

I wonder how they will include Freddie this year? They have stated that he will still be very much part of the show, but they have also said they are not going to include him the same way they have done on previous tours - so just how will Freddie be 'involved'?

Please not a hologram.


No, it definitely will not be a hologram: Brian has already stated they will not take this route (which I am pleased about, as I feel it cheapens things somewhat).

As long as there is something visual, I shall be happy.

Hopefully not, because I think a hologram would be tacky as hell. In the past shows, DOOL, to name one, was a highlight when Freddie was shown. I hope they don't dare cut the Freddie parts out. I hope they will not have AL and Freddie 'singing' together as well.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 16533
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 262 times
Been thanked: 564 times

Re: Press Release: Queen + Adam Lambert NA Tour 2017

Postby TheHero » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:41 am

Rehearsal video:

Scroll down on the timeline, and you will see Brian in a rehearsal video for the first show, revealing the drum kit on the podium:

https://www.facebook.com/StarmusFestiva ... S_TIMELINE


It appears to be 2 HUGE covers/lids on the front of the stage, with a red line around it.. similar to the photo Brian posted on instagram ... what may rise from these ? :shock: :cry: The robot is living there ?

I mean, this is not a small cover like I thought when I first saw the photo, no, it is several meters wide... :shock:





Like in Taylor's song; IILWMC, the Queen machine is back, and it's a mean machine...
 
TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 3673
Joined: Sun May 08, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: Europe
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 383 times
Been thanked: 153 times

Re: Press Release: Queen + Adam Lambert NA Tour 2017

Postby GalileoFigaro » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:50 am

TheHero wrote:It appears to be 2 HUGE covers/lids on the front of the stage, with a red line around it.. similar to the photo Brian posted on instagram ... what may rise from these ? :shock: :cry: The robot is living there ?

I mean, this is not a small cover like I thought when I first saw the photo, no, it is several meters wide... :shock:


Will us Americans be subject to a Kmart version? :lol:
In the quiet of the night let our candle always burn, let us never lose the lessons we have learned.
 
GalileoFigaro
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:06 pm
Location: United States
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 38 times

Re: Press Release: Queen + Adam Lambert NA Tour 2017

Postby TheHero » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:59 am

GalileoFigaro wrote:
TheHero wrote:It appears to be 2 HUGE covers/lids on the front of the stage, with a red line around it.. similar to the photo Brian posted on instagram ... what may rise from these ? :shock: :cry: The robot is living there ?

I mean, this is not a small cover like I thought when I first saw the photo, no, it is several meters wide... :shock:


Will us Americans be subject to a Kmart version? :lol:



Who knows? :cry:
 
TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 3673
Joined: Sun May 08, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: Europe
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 383 times
Been thanked: 153 times

Re: Press Release: Queen + Adam Lambert NA Tour 2017

Postby TheHero » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:00 am

 
TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 3673
Joined: Sun May 08, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: Europe
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 383 times
Been thanked: 153 times

Re: Press Release: Queen + Adam Lambert NA Tour 2017

Postby 777nevada777 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:27 am

Administrator,

On June 21 and June 22, I posted these prescient comments to this thread:

777nevada777 wrote:If no Freddie hologram, how about a robot hologram reaching out to grab the audience like the pic on the inside jacket of NOTW?


777nevada777 wrote:The Hero,

I forgot about that BTF scene! Yes something like that, robot destroying the arena from the top to grab the audience or maybe the band?


Since I apparently guessed right (witness the opening of the show before WWRY), do I get a prize, something like a remainder copy of The Cosmos Rocks or Deep Cuts III, autographed by the Head of Marketing at QPL?

That is the least they could do! ;)
 
777nevada777
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:51 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Press Release: Queen + Adam Lambert NA Tour 2017

Postby musicalprostitute » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:51 pm

777nevada777 wrote:Administrator,

On June 21 and June 22, I posted these prescient comments to this thread:

777nevada777 wrote:If no Freddie hologram, how about a robot hologram reaching out to grab the audience like the pic on the inside jacket of NOTW?


777nevada777 wrote:The Hero,

I forgot about that BTF scene! Yes something like that, robot destroying the arena from the top to grab the audience or maybe the band?


Since I apparently guessed right (witness the opening of the show before WWRY), do I get a prize, something like a remainder copy of The Cosmos Rocks or Deep Cuts III, autographed by the Head of Marketing at QPL?

That is the least they could do! ;)


Well predicted.

The most you'll get from QPL is a second-hand copy of Queen Monopoly...

...signed by someone from Hasbro. :P
 
musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

      
 
Posts: 4271
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Essex and Cardiff.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 455 times

Previous

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests