If I join the fan club will I...

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

If I join the fan club will I...

Postby Lisa325 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:26 pm

If I join the fan club will I get the code for the code for the pre sale for the concert tickets? I have been a Queen fan since I was 2 and I am dying to go to the concert and I want to make sure I get tickets. Plus I was wondering what it is like to be part of the fan club :-D . What is the plus side of being in it?

Lisa325
Spread Your Wings

Re: If I join the fan club will I...

Postby JLP » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:50 pm

You will get tickets easily when they go on general sale so why bother?
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby CNB » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:55 pm

Yes, I found out today that you will get better seats if you wait for the general sale. I didn't know that and didn't get the location I wanted because they designate certain seats for the presale and you can't exchange them later.

Rip off!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby Echoplex » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:43 pm

Yup, that's how Live Nation work

Echoplex
Spread Your Wings

Postby WeeMann » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:36 pm

Yeah, this was a common complaint going back to the Q+PR tours (back when the real singer was still with them) ;)
DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a post, complain to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate.

WeeMann

Not even on the B list...

Postby AngelR » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:49 pm

WeeMann wrote:Yeah, this was a common complaint going back to the Q+PR tours (back when the real singer was still with them) ;)

'The real singer' is touring small theatres in the UK this spring so he might be just too busy to join Queen for another successful American tour again ;)

AngelR
We Will Rock You

Postby JLP » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:05 am

WeeMann wrote:Yeah, this was a common complaint going back to the Q+PR tours (back when the real singer was still with them) ;)

Ahem, the real singer was called Fweddy Venus or summary.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby Lisa325 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:52 am

I got 9 rows from the front and I did join the fan club, so I am happy, but thank you all for answering my questions :).

Lisa325
Spread Your Wings

Postby parchedpeas » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:40 am

Whatever you think about Adam Lambert, he's certainly made more of this opportunity than Paul Rodgers ever did. I always felt that PR was a bit too precious about his own stuff to really 'enjoy' the whole thing.

I think the whole reality of it was exposed by The Cosmos Rocks: it was like two different worlds trying to coexist and failing.

parchedpeas
Spread Your Wings

Postby Echoplex » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:47 pm

Exactly, they look and sound much more like a band. With Lambert. I was sceptical in 2012.

With PR they almost sounded like Bad Co doing Queen covers. Rodgers, I think cant get past being the centre of everything and I think viewed his position as the headline spot and probably wasn't easy to work with. Remember the whole thing fell apart towards the end of the South American dates with Brian saying as much on his website.

It's an almost thankless task being in Lamberts shoes from some quarters, but I think his doing a great job and at the end of the last PR tour who would have thought we'd still have a chance of seeing Queen live. Yes I said Queen, they are far from being the only band to have gone through lineup changes and carry on

Yes people have said they should have a Freddie sound alike, but that would be awful for Brian and Roger knowing that the familiar voice is just a voice and not the real voice or personality. At least what they are doing makes no attempt to be something it isn't

Echoplex
Spread Your Wings

Postby BitterTears » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:18 pm

Well, you can look at it both ways. Is it so bad that the singer was another member of rock royalty with status to challenge Brian and Roger.

If Adam disagrees with Brian about something about a show be it the setlist or whatever it is, who ends up getting their way? Brian or Adam?

QPR felt more like a collaboration while Adam feels more like a hired gun. I guess there are pros and cons to both situations. Obviously with Adam, they are more free to it just be about Queen.

BitterTears
The Show Must Go On

Postby Echoplex » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:21 pm

BitterTears wrote:Well, you can look at it both ways. Is it so bad that the singer was another member of rock royalty with status to challenge Brian and Roger.

If Adam disagrees with Brian about something about a show be it the setlist or whatever it is, who ends up getting their way? Brian or Adam?

QPR felt more like a collaboration while Adam feels more like a hired gun.. . . .

Paul Rodgers as a singer/musician is equal to any other major artist, and better than some. However as a commercial business proposition he trails quite significantly.

Around the UK and Europe last year Bad Co played the same venues as Queen and Lambert had, although less of them and not all sold out. As a solo artist he is about to tour this year in 1200 to 2500 sweaters which have yet to sell out.

In the US the Q+PR tour sold about two two thirds of the total tickets available. During the Paul Rodgers shows there were a number of nights when he sang his own songs wonderfully but seemed to put less effort into some Queen songs and even (at some venues) leaving Brian to Sing lead vocal on I Want It All, Fat Bottomed a Girls, Hammer To Fall. At some shows it really felt like he was only there to promote himself sometimes.

When it worked it worked brilliantly. With Adam it works because they are all pulling in one direction and no body has a private egenda and a set of songs they want to push above somethings else.

Don't think that Adam has to bow down to what Brian and Roger say or want. Yes it's become "their band" but it wouldn't be happening without a singer, and a singer that can sing the songs, gets on with them and is willing to put himself 100% into the job. I was lucky enough to watch some rehearsals a couple of years ago and Adam was able to say what he thought and suggest things which Brian and Roger were will to try.

No I'm not a Lambert fan but I am a fan of Paul Rodgers, but I would much rather see Lambert fronting Queen than Rodgers because to me it feels, sounds and looks like a more natural unit.

Echoplex
Spread Your Wings

Postby Capt. Den Ronson » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:35 pm

Echoplex wrote:Remember the whole thing fell apart towards the end of the South American dates with Brian saying as much on his website.

What happened?

Capt. Den Ronson
The Show Must Go On

Postby LucywashiandsowasI » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:52 pm

JLP wrote:You will get tickets easily when they go on general sale so why bother?

Can we hold you to this mate cos' I'm having a nightmare getting tickets for Newcastle!!

LucywashiandsowasI
Spread Your Wings

Postby LucywashiandsowasI » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:54 pm

parchedpeas wrote:

I think the whole reality of it was exposed by The Cosmos Rocks: it was like two different worlds trying to coexist and failing.

that's an eloquent way of simply saying it was shite.

LucywashiandsowasI
Spread Your Wings

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert