2017: NEW STATE-OF-THE ART SHOW -

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

2017: NEW STATE-OF-THE ART SHOW -

Postby TheHero » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:30 pm

25-DATE EUROPEAN TOUR WITH NEW STATE-OF-THE ART SHOW

I like what I read here: :cool:

http://www.queenonline.com/en/news-arch ... pean-tour/

25-DATE EUROPEAN TOUR WITH NEW STATE-OF-THE ART SHOW

For their 2017 tour, the band will unveil a brand new show including a specially designed state-of-the-art production. The choice of performance material will no doubt acknowledge this year’s 40th anniversary of Queen’s biggest-selling studio album to date, News of the World from 1977, which yielded the immortal anthems “We Will Rock You” and “We Are the Champions”.

Queen drummer and co-founder Roger Taylor insists the 2017 tour “will look entirely different to the show we took around before. Production has really changed a lot, the things you can do now, you have a much broader palette, the technology has really come along. But we don’t use it all. We don’t play to click track. It’s 100% live. We're planning on doing stuff we either haven't done before or haven't done for a long time. We started as an albums band, that's what we were. The fact that we had hits was just a byproduct.”

Guitarist Brian May confirms Queen’s 2017 shows will have a more ambitious musical agenda. “The general public knows the hits, so you've got to cater for that,” he says, “but we can chuck in a few things that people really don't expect. We’ll do quite a bit more of that this time around. There are so many dimensions to Adam, which of course fits with our music. He can get down and do the rock stuff really dirty, and you have all those dimensions, and we can explore that even more.”

------------

The choice of performance material will no doubt acknowledge this year’s 40th anniversary of Queen’s biggest-selling studio album to date, News of the World from 1977

--------------------------------

This sounds VERY exciting in my ears :)

The tracklist of the 1977 album. Sounds like we might get to hear a song or two from this album, and I am not talking about WWRY and WATC.

«We Will Rock You» (Brian May), 2:01
«We Are the Champions» (Freddie Mercury), 2:59
«Sheer Heart Attack» (Roger Taylor), 3:24
«All Dead, All Dead» (Brian May), 3:09
«Spread Your Wings» (John Deacon), 4:32
«Fight from the Inside» (Roger Taylor), 3:03
«Get Down, Make Love» (Freddie Mercury), 3:51
«Sleeping on the Sidewalk» (Brian May), 3:07
«Who Needs You» (John Deacon), 3:07
«It's Late» (Brian May), 6:27
«My Melancholy Blues» (Freddie Mercury), 3:29
Last edited by TheHero on Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Re: 2017: NEW STATE-OF-THE ART SHOW -

Postby TheHero » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:34 pm

For their 2017 tour, the band will unveil a brand new show including a specially designed state-of-the-art production.

Queen drummer and co-founder Roger Taylor insists the 2017 tour “will look entirely different to the show we took around before. Production has really changed a lot, the things you can do now, you have a much broader palette, the technology has really come along.

-------

Exciting stuff! I am very curious about this, what it will look like, and what is included in the show :cool:

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Guru » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:40 pm

planning on doing stuff we either haven't done before or haven't done for a long time

Who had "rotating set list" on their Bullshit Bingo card? :mrgreen:

Guru
The Show Must Go On

Erehwon

Postby TheHero » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:16 am

phpBB [video]

---------------------

This is the performance that got Queen interested, according to Roger Taylor in the interview above:

phpBB [video]

Slash was there, Adam doing a Led Zeppelin cover. 8-)
Last edited by TheHero on Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby stagnation » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:41 pm

TheHero wrote:
phpBB [video]

Looks pretty good to me :cool: I am very curious what the new technology stage effects will be like.

Maybe they could do inflatable models of the band.... oh wait they've done that...

Probably will be confetti and pyro

stagnation
Spread Your Wings

Postby TheHero » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:19 pm

stagnation

Maybe they could do inflatable models of the band.... oh wait they've done that...

Probably will be confetti and pyro

O2 ARENA LONDON; SOLD OUT ! ;)

DUE TO OVERWHELMING POPULAR DEMAND QUEEN + ADAM LAMBERT ADD SECOND SHOW IN LONDON AT THE O2 ON WEDNESDAY 13th DECEMBER

QUEEN+Adam Lambert announce second show!
http://www.queenonline.com/en/news-arch ... o-uk-tour/

London – 20th April, 2017.
Fresh from announcing their 11-city UK and Ireland tour earlier this week, Queen + Adam Lambert today announce a second December show at London’s O2 Arena. The added date, December 13, comes after their first announced show sold out during the ticket pre-sale becoming “one of the fastest selling shows of the year at the show O2” according to the venue.

40.000 people are obviously paying to see more than confetti and pyro, so sorry for you. :mrgreen:

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert