Europe / Uk Tour Pre-sale

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Re: Europe / Uk Tour Pre-sale

Postby Faellie » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:06 am

Tenement Funster wrote:I personally like both venues very much. Both have excellent sight lines from every where, and excellent acoustics.

Thanks, that's helpful. Got tickets for O2 based on transport links. (And contemplating going all out for Wembley too.)

Faellie
Spread Your Wings

Postby Faellie » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:08 am

AngelR wrote:
Faellie wrote:
If I add a London show, would O2 or Wembley be the better venue?
[/quote]

I went to both last tour. O2 was a much better organised venue for queueing up as it's all covered area (going to be cold in December) also toilets + coffee + food were available. They gave us plastic bracelets so we could wonder around.
There was no 'facilities' around Wembley as far as I remember. But the show was so much better! O2 was a great show but Wembley was on another level!
Both times I was lucky to get to the second/first row, mosh pit. The sound quality was fantastic for me at both venues but I guess it depends on where you stand.[/quote]
That's very helpful info, thanks. I've gone for O2 because transport (so much of London is about transport, right?) I'm thinking about Wembley too, but no standing tickets left at the moment, and seats are a bit far back - might try for resale.

Faellie
Spread Your Wings

Postby BitterTears » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:44 am

Just my two cents but if I was going to a London show, I'd go to the Wembley one. There's a lot of shows between now and then and you don't know what might happen (like they all fall out with each other or Adam just decides he wants to move on or something) so you never know. Wembley could end up being the last ever Queen* show.

*Yes thanks, the last Queen show was in 1986. You know what I mean.

BitterTears
The Show Must Go On

Postby Capt. Den Ronson » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:52 pm

BitterTears wrote:Just my two cents but if I was going to a London show, I'd go to the Wembley one. There's a lot of shows between now and then and you don't know what might happen (like they all fall out with each other or Adam just decides he wants to move on or something) so you never know. Wembley could end up being the last ever Queen* show.

*Yes thanks, the last Queen show was in 1986. You know what I mean.

More chance of Brian popping his white clogs than Adam Lambert finding something better to do. As for falling out with one another, Brian has probably dictated there will be no such thing whilst he is in charge :twisted:

IMO, the 02 has much better acoustics than Wembley Arena, but it does depend on so many factors of course.

Capt. Den Ronson
The Show Must Go On

Postby YellowBreezes » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:59 pm

Is wembley arena sold out? I was hoping to get three tickets, but I may be too late :-(

YellowBreezes
Spread Your Wings

Postby TheHero » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:28 pm

O2 ARENA LONDON; SOLD OUT !

DUE TO OVERWHELMING POPULAR DEMAND QUEEN + ADAM LAMBERT ADD SECOND SHOW IN LONDON AT THE O2 ON WEDNESDAY 13th DECEMBER

QUEEN+Adam Lambert announce second show!
http://www.queenonline.com/en/news-arch ... o-uk-tour/

London – 20th April, 2017.
Fresh from announcing their 11-city UK and Ireland tour earlier this week, Queen + Adam Lambert today announce a second December show at London’s O2 Arena. The added date, December 13, comes after their first announced show sold out during the ticket pre-sale becoming “one of the fastest selling shows of the year at the show O2” according to the venue.

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Capt. Den Ronson » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:01 pm

Quite staggering at those prices considering what you're not getting.

Capt. Den Ronson
The Show Must Go On

Postby TheHero » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:53 pm

Capt. Den Ronson wrote:Quite staggering at those prices considering what you're not getting.

Only confirms that they do what they want, and people love it.

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby TheHero » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:01 pm

phpBB [video]

This is the performance that got Queen interested, according to Roger Taylor in a new interview.

Slash was there, Adam doing a Led Zeppelin cover. 8-)

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby AngelR » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:42 pm

Capt. Den Ronson wrote:Quite staggering at those prices considering what you're not getting.

It's not their first tour over here. I've paid for what I'm getting as well as the others - not the other way round. British people love Queen, love what they are getting from them and warmed up to Adam Lambert - it's a fact.

AngelR
We Will Rock You

Postby snifflese » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:35 am

I am happy to pay whatever it costs, because it is a phenomenal show. I saw QAL in Ct in 2014 and it was tremendous. Even my son who "was" one of those purists said it was awesome. He told me that he was totally wrong about no show without Freddie. This was quite an admission from him! We are both going to see QAL in July in Ct. again. He was all set to go with me this time and is really looking forward to it!

I have listened to many of the concerts over the last 3 years and it seems to me that Adam gets better and better with the Queen catalog. His lower register is much improved which helps on the harder rock songs. His skill at singing anything operatic and the ballads is second to none. There are no other singers out there who can sing all these different types of music as well as he can and no one who sings as consistently as Adam. To me he always sounds better in concert than on CD's, very unusual nowadays.

For me part of the enjoyment is the way Roger, Brian, and Adam interact on stage. It is delightful and makes everyone feel good about the show as you know they like being up there and performing together. I never realized that that makes a huge difference, at least it does for me. This is a win/win situation for me and obviously, for many other folks out there! It may not be Freddie, but it is awesome in its own way!! If you have not seen the show, buy a ticket and prepare to be entertained!!!

snifflese
Spread Your Wings

Postby Capt. Den Ronson » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:06 am

AngelR wrote:It's not their first tour over here. I've paid for what I'm getting as well as the others - not the other way round. British people love Queen, love what they are getting from them and warmed up to Adam Lambert - it's a fact.

TheHero wrote:Only confirms that they do what they want, and people love it.

Certainly proving popular.

Capt. Den Ronson
The Show Must Go On

Postby Capt. Den Ronson » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:10 am

I wonder what they'd sound like with just Adam, Brian, Roger & whomever the bass player is?
When you watch Montreal 81, they were fucking amazing as a four piece. Freddie and Roger were never better IMO.

Capt. Den Ronson
The Show Must Go On

Postby Jimi » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:44 am

Capt. Den Ronson wrote:When you watch Montreal 81, they were fucking amazing as a four piece. Freddie and Roger were never better IMO.

I'd agree with that

Jimi
Spread Your Wings

Postby hansu » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:09 am

Did anyone buy tickets today to Wembley? I tried the morning at 10 am and I could not get any :(

hansu
Spread Your Wings

PreviousNext

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert