QAL, Hollywood Bowl, Los Angles, CA, June 26-27, 2017

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Re: QAL, Hollywood Bowl, Los Angles, CA, June 26-27, 2017

Postby julymorning » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:16 am

Tyler's Dad turned his (cell phone?) on long enough to yak it up and yuk it up, scan the ampitheater, then turned it off after saying "See ya after the show!".

Guess it wouldn't look good if Tyler's parents didn't play by the rules. Besides, they're probably going to be on their feet yelling their heads off.
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

This is probably as good as it gets.

Postby julymorning » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:21 am

icy wrote:
julymorning wrote:Anyone finding live VIDEO feed, post link please? Not getting any from Cameron, people are getting their cameras taken away.

This one is too sporadic. https://www.pscp.tv/w/bCB7XDFv...UFadPkVgoeGy75N

I am guessing n a smaller venue audio and video might be hard to come by, as it's more noticeable when people are trying to stream/film. Pity, cause I really would like to see how the show is being pulled off in a smaller setting.

The setting isn't that much smaller, that I could see. It kind of reminds me of the Sydney Ampitheater. ( I know I keep spelling that wrong. Tonight IDK.

It was still daylight out there when it started, you COULD really see what everyone was doing.

Everyone that gets peri going are understandable way far away from the stage, so I just decided to shut if all off and wait to either see more on youtube or get a DVD if and when one comes out. That'll be so much better anyway.
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

This is probably as good as it gets.

Postby icy » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:27 am

julymorning wrote:
icy wrote:
julymorning wrote:Anyone finding live VIDEO feed, post link please? Not getting any from Cameron, people are getting their cameras taken away.

This one is too sporadic. https://www.pscp.tv/w/bCB7XDFv...UFadPkVgoeGy75N

I am guessing n a smaller venue audio and video might be hard to come by, as it's more noticeable when people are trying to stream/film. Pity, cause I really would like to see how the show is being pulled off in a smaller setting.

The setting isn't that much smaller, that I could see. It kind of reminds me of the Sydney Ampitheater. ( I know I keep spelling that wrong. Tonight IDK.

It was still daylight out there when it started, you COULD really see what everyone was doing.

Everyone that gets peri going are understandable way far away from the stage, so I just decided to shut if all off and wait to either see more on youtube or get a DVD if and when one comes out. That'll be so much better anyway.
l

If there was a video stream, I'd so be watching. It will be quite the contrast to the bigger shows. Since the venue is so small, I know the stage isn't the same, but what about the set list? Dang, the drum battle would be cool, but I don't expect it to be included tonight. Maybe another song in it's place? Anyways, I'm sorry to be missing out on tonight as it happens. That's the best tuning in with other fans.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby CNB » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:46 am

The Hollywood Bowl isn't small. Capacity is 17,500 and it was sold out. I put the audio stream on and then open Twitter where videos and periscopes get posted throughout the show!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby CNB » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:53 am

"I'm 20 mins from Hollywood Bowl and I can hear @QueenWillRock & @adamlambert killing it! Can anybody find meeee....."

LOL
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby icy » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:18 am

CNB wrote:The Hollywood Bowl isn't small. Capacity is 17,500 and it was sold out. I put the audio stream on and then open Twitter where videos and periscopes get posted throughout the show!

The set up is smaller from what I've heard. I doubt the whole stage set up as seen in recent shows can be used.
CNB wrote:"I'm 20 mins from Hollywood Bowl and I can hear @QueenWillRock & @adamlambert killing it! Can anybody find meeee....."

LOL

So instead of posting random tweets, I'm gonna ask f there are any changes set list wise?
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby courtwhit33 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:10 am

I was there tonight and they knocked it out of the park! I was in LV and this show was head and shoulders above that one, much tighter.

The only change in the setlist is that Spread Your Wings was dropped. It might have been a time issue. The set-up is modified from the big shows obviously since it can't all fit in/underneath the band shell. I think the modifications worked out well, though I really missed the huge screen at the front of the stage because of the smashing robot and the effects they were able to do during Brian's guitar solo. They smashing robot was projected on the back and the side screens instead, which was cool, but not quite the same. They made great use of the trees at the very top of the amphitheater during the You Take My Breath Away intro. It was lovely. Oh, the robot head was pushed out onto the stage with Adam sitting on top of it. He laughed about it. I think I liked it better than it coming up through the stage for some reason!

Judging by the amount of idiots I was surrounded by taking video with their phones (yes, spend hundreds on a ticket to watch it through a little fucking screen, not to mention blocking the view of those behind you!), there is plenty of footage out there.

courtwhit33
Spread Your Wings

Postby Jimi » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:13 am

Nice post.
Seems a shame to ditch one of the recently added tracks. I'd be pissed about that

Jimi
Spread Your Wings

Postby icy » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:14 am

courtwhit33 wrote:I was there tonight and they knocked it out of the park! I was in LV and this show was head and shoulders above that one, much tighter.

The only change in the setlist is that Spread Your Wings was dropped. It might have been a time issue. The set-up is modified from the big shows obviously since it can't all fit in/underneath the band shell. I think the modifications worked out well, though I really missed the huge screen at the front of the stage because of the smashing robot and the effects they were able to do during Brian's guitar solo. They smashing robot was projected on the back and the side screens instead, which was cool, but not quite the same. They made great use of the trees at the very top of the amphitheater during the You Take My Breath Away intro. It was lovely.

Judging by the amount of idiots I was surrounded by taking video with their phones (yes, spend hundreds on a ticket to watch it through a little fucking screen, not to mention blocking the view of those behind you!), there is plenty of footage out there.

I'm surprised more wasn't changed actually. Was the drum battle done? I will go look later today for vids, I'm pretty sure some will be linked to here.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby courtwhit33 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:26 am

I thought Spread Your Wings worked wonderfully the other night, so I was bummed that it was dropped but the neighborhood where the Bowl is located is very sensitive, so I think it was a time issue. When they left the stage after BoRhap, the disco ball was dropped and the stool was at the end of the catwalk but then after a delay, both were pulled up and removed. We'll see what happens tomorrow!

Drum Battle took place (i'm still hoping for an Ogre Battle myself).

courtwhit33
Spread Your Wings

Postby icy » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:32 am

courtwhit33 wrote:I thought Spread Your Wings worked wonderfully the other night, so I was bummed that it was dropped but the neighborhood where the Bowl is located is very sensitive, so I think it was a time issue. When they left the stage after BoRhap, the disco ball was dropped and the stool was at the end of the catwalk but then after a delay, both were pulled up and removed. We'll see what happens tomorrow!

Drum Battle took place (i'm still hoping for an Ogre Battle myself).

Thanks, hope there's a video of the DB. Crap, that must've been bloody loud and amazing in this setting :mrgreen:
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby courtwhit33 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:53 am

It was! I could feel it in my chest!

courtwhit33
Spread Your Wings

Postby Faellie » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:29 am

Lots of vids from this guy, picture is fuzzy but sound is decent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4_zIu0ExxY

Faellie
Spread Your Wings

Postby cjhill » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:44 am

I can definitely see 'Two Fux' being replaced by IWTBF for the European Tour later this year as they never play that song in the US and Adam has a bigger fanbase out there so it makes sense, plus it seems the most logical place in the setlist to swap those songs.

Personally I think AL songs sound better when performed live with Brian and Roger. Loved their live version of Ghost Town, didnt reckon much of the studio version

cjhill
Spread Your Wings

Postby Jimi » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:30 am

cjhill wrote:I can definitely see 'Two Fux' being replaced by IWTBF for the European Tour later this year as they never play that song in the US and Adam has a bigger fanbase out there so it makes sense, plus it seems the most logical place in the setlist to swap those songs.

Personally I think AL songs sound better when performed live with Brian and Roger. Loved their live version of Ghost Town, didnt reckon much of the studio version

Yeah I would imagine the set list will change up a bit for Europe. Sadly the UK has to suffer IWTBF every tour.
Could be worse though with TF I guess.

Mind you we might get a Raleigh Chopper instead of a trike .....

Jimi
Spread Your Wings

PreviousNext

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert