Ok time to retire some songs from the set list boys!

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Re: Ok time to retire some songs from the set list boys!

Postby GalileoFigaro » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:46 pm

The good thing is that I think Brian and Roger are fully conscious of this and would never authorize ML's entrance into a setlist unless it was given the proper presentation and instrumentation it would deserve in a live setting. Even when Brian integrated "Bijou" into his guitar solo in 2008 or so, it was performed with grace and class. No doubt he'd have the decency to give ML treatment of the highest priority.
In the quiet of the night let our candle always burn, let us never lose the lessons we have learned.

GalileoFigaro
Spread Your Wings

Postby AngelR » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:00 am

Chrisallstar wrote:I agree some of the hits should be dropped, Adam has proved he has the range to sing almost any song in the catalogue. I don't know why they don't play more songs from The Miracle or Innuendo. These songs weren't sung live by Freddie and really deserve an airing live!

I think they should drop CLTCL and WWTLF add a few from Miracle and Innuendo and it would be amazing. Imagine the encore kicking off with Innuendo...

WE WILL ROCK YOU (fast)
BREAKTHRU
SEVEN SEAS OF RHYE
STONE COLD CRAZY
ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST
KILLER QUEEN
HEADLONG
DON’T STOP ME NOW
SHEER HEART ATTACK
GET DOWN, MAKE LOVE
THOSE WERE THE DAYS OF OUR LIVES
I WANT IT ALL
MY MELANCHOLY BLUES
LOVE OF MY LIFE
SOMEBODY TO LOVE
HAMMER TO FALL
UNDER PRESSURE
IT’S LATE
(Take My Breath Away intro)
TOO MUCH LOVE WILL KILL YOU
A KIND OF MAGIC
YOU DON'T FOOL ME (incorporating guitar solo and ayo section)
RADIO GA GA
BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY
- - -
INNUENDO
SPREAD YOUR WINGS
THE SHOW MUST GO ON
WE WILL ROCK YOU
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

This looks nearly like my dream set list as well!
I can't imagine they would do INNUENDO live - too complex, maybe with Tyler's help...who knows. Not sure if Adam can 'pull' You Don't Fool Me, would be exciting to hear this song live even if for the Brian's solo only.
I'd like to get rid off FBG and CLTCL as well and to add 'Death on Two Legs' or 'Brighton Rock' instead. But Brian loves FBG too much :D

AngelR
The Show Must Go On

Postby TheHero » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:05 am

I don't know why they don't try the song The Miracle live?
It is now or never.. why not take the chance ? The song is beautiful.

And what about Leaving Home Ain't Easy ? Would be a refreshing change, Brian on vocals.
Maybe the lyrics are too emotional to sing, as he was a young lad back then, parents alive and he was
leaving home with Queen. I can understand that must be hard singing the song now in
retrospective, looking back...

But I love that beautiful little piece. Songs like these are making me love Queen.

phpBB [video]

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby GalileoFigaro » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:07 am

AngelR wrote:Not sure if Adam can 'pull' You Don't Fool Me, would be exciting to hear this song live even if for the Brian's solo only.

The YDFM solo is so underrated, even within the Queen community. Maybe Brian could find a way to work the riff into his guitar solo in the main set, then eventually work up to that song's solo.
In the quiet of the night let our candle always burn, let us never lose the lessons we have learned.

GalileoFigaro
Spread Your Wings

Postby icy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:13 am

GalileoFigaro wrote:The good thing is that I think Brian and Roger are fully conscious of this and would never authorize ML's entrance into a setlist unless it was given the proper presentation and instrumentation it would deserve in a live setting. Even when Brian integrated "Bijou" into his guitar solo in 2008 or so, it was performed with grace and class. No doubt he'd have the decency to give ML treatment of the highest priority.

No telling what Brian and Roger will do. Honestly, I'd never thought they would have an AI runner up on stage singing Queen songs... especially after what they had to say about that type of show before.
I do stand by thoughts, some things never should be messed around with. Mother Love, DOOL, and Innuendo...I hope they never make the choice to screw around with it.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby icy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:15 am

soxtalon wrote:I agree on ML and maybe Winters Tale but let's not be overly precious here. Anything on Innuendo is fine - DOOL should stay Rog's but anything else is fair game...and anything on The Miracle should be too...

Oh you know me from the last few years. Stubborn at least. :lol: :P .
I would get a weird feeling if Q+AL delved too deeply in the last music Queen did. I'm looking at it this way, we all know the guts and determination Freddie had to sing his heart out, even while so ill. Some of those vocals can still give me goosebumps. AL could very well sing it, but I'd rather he did not. I hope he doesn't.
DOOL and Roger singing it is amazing I think. Beautifully bittersweet.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby AngelR » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:20 am

I think that the tragic circumstances of their last studio work with Freddie affected Roger and especially Brian more than any fan posting here. Judging by my experience with their previous tours I would trust their vision and integrity without any doubt.

AngelR
The Show Must Go On

Postby soxtalon » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:42 pm

I actually agree but I think quite honestly that you'll never see ML in the list for exactly the same reason posted. And considering Freddie and Roger were actually closer friends than Freddie - Brian I would think I would trust Roger even more so than Brian in that case ;)

soxtalon
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby snifflese » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:34 pm

Icy, for someone who always says they are a fan of the guy (Adam), it seems most of your comments are always passive aggressive. You continuously state you have nothing against him and even like some of his music, but you let your true feelings out here! So, you think a Brian and Roger are letting a guy, who didn't even win Idol, on the stage to sing Freddie's songs? Wow, that is quite the statement. I am not sure who should be singing them, although you have had positive things to say about almost everyone not named Adam. Funny thing is he can sing circles around anyone else I have ever heard sing Queen. The only exception is George Michael. He was good. Please give up pretending that you even like Adam, because I am sick of your always saying that when someone challenges you. It is obviously patently untrue and I don't have any problem with that, other than you always say you do like him!! It drives me nuts!! Just own up to the fact there is not much you like about him with Queen. Nothing wrong with that!

snifflese
Spread Your Wings

Postby CNB » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:08 pm

snifflese wrote:Icy, for someone who always says they are a fan of the guy (Adam), it seems most of your comments are always passive aggressive. You continuously state you have nothing against him and even like some of his music, but you let your true feelings out here! So, you think a Brian and Roger are letting a guy, who didn't even win Idol, on the stage to sing Freddie's songs? Wow, that is quite the statement. I am not sure who should be singing them, although you have had positive things to say about almost everyone not named Adam. Funny thing is he can sing circles around anyone else I have ever heard sing Queen. The only exception is George Michael. He was good. Please give up pretending that you even like Adam, because I am sick of your always saying that when someone challenges you. It is obviously patently untrue and I don't have any problem with that, other than you always say you do like him!! It drives me nuts!! Just own up to the fact there is not much you like about him with Queen. Nothing wrong with that!

Well one thing is pretty certain -- we are not likely to ever see Adele singing those Queen songs with B and R. Even though her 2 albums have been highly rewarded with record breaking sales and 10 Grammys (or is it 12?), she admits to having severe stage fright, tends to forget lyrics and has to start over in the middle of a live performance, and has hemorrhaged vocal cords right before her last two shows and therefore isn't very dependable. Coming in second on American Idol has never been a true measure of the man!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby icy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:09 pm

snifflese wrote:Icy, for someone who always says they are a fan of the guy (Adam), it seems most of your comments are always passive aggressive. You continuously state you have nothing against him and even like some of his music, but you let your true feelings out here! So, you think a Brian and Roger are letting a guy, who didn't even win Idol, on the stage to sing Freddie's songs? Wow, that is quite the statement. I am not sure who should be singing them, although you have had positive things to say about almost everyone not named Adam. Funny thing is he can sing circles around anyone else I have ever heard sing Queen. The only exception is George Michael. He was good. Please give up pretending that you even like Adam, because I am sick of your always saying that when someone challenges you. It is obviously patently untrue and I don't have any problem with that, other than you always say you do like him!! It drives me nuts!! Just own up to the fact there is not much you like about him with Queen. Nothing wrong with that!

Oh here it goes about my being a fan again. Yes, I am a fan of his who just don't fall at his feet. I don't lie everything the man says and does, do you?
Have I been disrespectful here lately? Nope. At this point n tie I'm here will and able to give my POVs. I have been quite vocal how much I liked AL singng Save Me, I like the speech he does, some things I don't lie at all. No big deal.
Don't care AL can sing circles around everybody else who sang Queen. Have you heard all of the artists that sang Queen songs.
No, not gonna stop fro gving my views. Give it up, on your say, when you are the very person who thinks AL actually is the singer for Queen. So no thanks, ta.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby icy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:21 pm

CNB wrote:

Well one thing is pretty certain -- we are not likely to ever see Adele singing those Queen songs with B and R. Even though her 2 albums have been highly rewarded with record breaking sales and 10 Grammys (or is it 12?), she admits to having severe stage fright, tends to forget lyrics and has to start over in the middle of a live performance, and has hemorrhaged vocal cords right before her last two shows and therefore isn't very dependable. Coming in second on American Idol has never been a true measure of the man!

Still outright trying to diminish another artist while at bigging up AL. So she had to cancel shows. Ones which she is devastated and sorry for? Did AL ever get stage fright, had to start over in a song. Even I know he did just that.
Need I remind you when AL and Brian had to cancel a couple of shows? I don't think you would not call Brian and AL as people who aren't very dependable, when they had to cancel their shows.
As for Adele, I'm wishing her the best. She has made history in her career, and thing I hope for her now is that she is happy and healthy.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby docterzaius » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:04 pm

I was thinking about this thread during + after the Vancouver show last night.

These are songs I would love to hear added to the set (unrealistic, I know):
Death on Two Legs
Great King Rat
One Year of Love
My Fairy King
You're My Best Friend
You and I
Let Me Entertain You

Drop:
Crazy Little Thing
Radio Gaga
Fat Bottom Girls
Under Pressure

docterzaius
Spread Your Wings

Postby statoil^ » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:25 pm

To be fair, if they only add one or two of these Liar/You Don't Fool Me/The Miracle/Breakthru/The Hitman/Fight From the Inside/Princes of the Universe I'm happy.

I could keep Fat Bottomed Girls. Great to hear Brian rock that Red Special.
Have to say I miss One Vision also, but whatever.

statoil^
Spread Your Wings

Postby GalileoFigaro » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:46 pm

statoil^ wrote:I could keep Fat Bottomed Girls. Great to hear Brian rock that Red Special.

Well, the Green Guyton, but yeah I agree! :lol:

GalileoFigaro
Spread Your Wings

Previous

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert