So no one are mentioning the new versions of...

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Re: So no one are mentioning the new versions of...

Postby icy » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:56 pm

CNB wrote:Wow, that's news to me! I never knew there is a negative connotation to the word "infamous!" I've always thought it meant "more than famous" in a good way!

:dontgetit:
Oh dear. I'm shocked you didn't know! Or so you now say, because I recall you saying on QOL Lady GaGa was 'infamous' at one point when she joined Brian and Roger onstage, and a few times since, but I doubt you meant any compliment to her at that point.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby CNB » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:58 pm

Inny, have you watched any videos from the new show? If so, what do you think of "Frank?" I think he's a "hoot!"
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby GalileoFigaro » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:00 am

CNB wrote:Wow, that's news to me! I never knew there is a negative connotation to the word "infamous!" I've always thought it meant "more than famous" in a good way!

At least I'm glad you learned something through all of this. :D

To be used in another context, you could say "Adam Lambert was infamous among Queen fans in 2012 with his ornamented and melismatic interpretations of the tunes in Kiev, Wrocław, Moscow and London." :lol: :P
In the quiet of the night let our candle always burn, let us never lose the lessons we have learned.

GalileoFigaro
Spread Your Wings

Postby icy » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:03 am

GalileoFigaro wrote:

At least I'm glad you learned something through all of this. :D

To be used in another context, you could say "Adam Lambert was infamous among Queen fans in 2012 with his ornamented and melismatic interpretations of the tunes in Kiev, Wrocław, Moscow and London." :lol: :P

Really can't say that, cause it's not praise for and towards AL :lol: :lol: :lol:
People must fall at ALs feet, go to the shows, if not...then it turns infamous here :lol: :P
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby GalileoFigaro » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:04 am

icy wrote:Really can't say that, cause it's not praise for and towards AL :lol: :lol: :lol:
People must fall at ALs feet, go to the shows, if not...then it turns infamous here. Example on last page :lol:

:lol: :lol:

As far as a potential release goes, I'm sure it's more likely than not that it will be from Queen (sans-Lambert). It's the 40th anniversary of NOTW, plus QAL released their Summer Sonic concert about seven months ago. If the only thing they decide to put out is the "VR the Champions" performance, I think QPL will be hearing from a bunch of angry fans this year.
In the quiet of the night let our candle always burn, let us never lose the lessons we have learned.

GalileoFigaro
Spread Your Wings

Postby liliane » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:08 am

icy wrote:
CNB wrote:They added Freddie's infamous call and response from the 1986 Wembley concert.

GO to a live show and then come back and post here!

I'm talking about DOOL and Bohemian Rhapsody. Songs that which Freddie and the band put their blood sweat and tears in. Songs that are pretty much respected in the Queen catalogue by many fans. Myself included.
And don't you dare imply that I or anyone else must attend a live show then I/we can post here. I'm sick of it. I said in another post why I made the choice not to go.

I can understand why some Queen fans might miss DOOL and Freddie's verses in BR but let's face it, they've been a part of and done the same way almost every show since the start of QAL until now. You can't really fault Brian & Roger for wanting to change things up a little. I am not including Adam because I don't think he would have initiated these changes at all.

About DOOL, Roger is not singing it because he chose to sing IILWMC instead. It has nothing to do with Two Fux being included. In the QAL shows, Roger usually only sings one solo song unless Adam is sick. If Roger had wanted, he could have sung DOOL too. But he made the choice not to. So again, aothing to do with Adam and Two Fux being included.

About the verses in BR, maybe B & R feel that it is now time for Adam to sing more of BR after all these years both to change things up and as a sign of their respect and approval? And to choose to honor and tribute Freddie in other ways such as keeping LOML, the final Adam-Freddie duet at the end of BR (Freddie still has the last line), and adding the TMBA intro and the Freddie call and response?

The thing is to you, Adam might not mean anything but is it so hard to understand that maybe for Brian & Roger, who have been touring with Adam for six years on and off now and spending so much time together, that to them, he might be seen as family, and that they might want to show him their appreciation and help him in any way that they can?

All of this is of course, is my own opinion and conjecture. For the record, even though I think that B & R now see Adam as part of the family , does not mean that I think he is in any way shape or form, replacing Freddie or more important than Freddie. Nor do I think that Adam is part of Queen. Because he isn't. The music was solely written, toured and made famous by Freddie, Brian, Roger and John. But at this point, I'd say that he is a bit more than a guest vocalist.

liliane
Spread Your Wings

Postby AlexKx » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:20 am

It is so good to do things differently sometimes at least!

AlexKx
The Show Must Go On

Postby AlexKx » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:21 am

It is so good to do things differently sometimes at least! Lol, CNB! :)

AlexKx
The Show Must Go On

Postby icy » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:40 am

liliane wrote:
icy wrote:
CNB wrote:They added Freddie's infamous call and response from the 1986 Wembley concert.

GO to a live show and then come back and post here!

I'm talking about DOOL and Bohemian Rhapsody. Songs that which Freddie and the band put their blood sweat and tears in. Songs that are pretty much respected in the Queen catalogue by many fans. Myself included.
And don't you dare imply that I or anyone else must attend a live show then I/we can post here. I'm sick of it. I said in another post why I made the choice not to go.

I can understand why some Queen fans might miss DOOL and Freddie's verses in BR but let's face it, they've been a part of done the same way almost every show since the start of QAL until now. You can't really fault Brian & Roger for wanting to change things up a little. I am not including Adam because I don't think he would have initiated these changes at all.

About DOOL, Roger is not singing it because he chose to sing IILWMC instead. It has nothing to do with Two Fux being included. In the QAL shows, Roger usually only songs one solo song unless Adam is sick. If Roger had wanted, he could have sung DOOL too. But he made the choice not to. So again, nothing to do with Adam and Two Fux being included.

About the verses in BR, maybe B & R feel that it is now time for Adam to sing more of BR after all these years both to change things up and as a sign of their respect and approval? And to choose to honor and tribute Freddie in other ways such as keeping LOML, the final Adam-Freddie duet at the end of BR (Freddie still has the last line), and adding the TMBA intro and the Freddie call and response?

The thing is to you, Adam might not mean anything but is it so hard to understand that maybe for Brian & Roger, who have been touring with Adam for six years on and off now and spending so much time together, that to them, he might be seen as family, and that they might want to show him their appreciation and help him in any way that they can?

All of this is of course, is my own opinion and conjecture. For the record, even though I think that B & R now see Adam as part of the family , does not mean that I think he is in any way shape or form, replacing Freddie or more important than Freddie. Nor do I think that Adam is part of Queen. Because he isn't. The music was solely written, toured and made famous by Freddie, Brian, Roger and John. But at this point, I'd say that he is a bit more than a guest vocalist.

Did you feel the same way when Q+PR were touring? Or now looking back? PR had cred, respect in the music business, he has for years now. There is reasons why PRs music is considered classic and still played after decades. I thought his songs being played with Brian and Roger during the Q+PR shows worked perfectly. It was more of a rock show at the time than I feel Q+AL was or is. I always will choose Q+PR over Q+AL.
Exactly...those two songs have been a part of the set lists for awhile now. Is there any wonder to any AL fans why that was? If you or anyone else don't know why so many Queen fans love and cherish DOOL and Bohemian Rhapsody...then I don't know what to tell say, well almost don't know what to say. looked forward to DOOL for many reasons. I won't get into that here, but I thought it was a beautiful few moments of reflection with Freddie and John. Yes, I miss it, and I'm not sorry for it. Put it this way, I love the drum battle, the gutiar solo too...but not near as much as I love DOOL, or even other music in the back catalogue. There's so much I want to hear. And my favorite parts of the last tours and this is nothing new, I stated this before, has always been those moments that Freddie and John were shown I the best way possible, all things considered, no fkn holograms of other or crap like that.
Again, I'm not sorry for my views about it. Sure, Brian and Roger wanted changes, then why not add another Queen song in there? Not as if there is none left that could've been picked instead of TF, now is there? Such a wealth of back catalogue, but hey, let's stick TF in there instead. That doesn't make sense to me honestly.
No way will or can AL be considered the Queen lead singer to me. AL could sing every Queen song live or in studio with Brian and Roger, even record a whole new album full of original songs, and I still wouldn't think of him as the Queen singer. I'm not sorry for that either. For the record, I didn't think of PR as the new Queen singer. Pretty much, it was friends touring and recording together. That's what I think AL is to Brian and Roger...a friend, who is reaping the benefits and who just happens to be singing Queen songs with them. I really am shocked that some say AL is the singer for Queen. I've also said it was the band along with Freddie and John made those songs what they were...and it's my opinion it's why so many of those songs stand the test of time and stand out. I really shouldn't have to even explain that.
As for TF, I still don't think it fits in the set list. Ghost Town was much, much better IMO. Lucy might've been too if that were played. I don't look at TF as a tribute to Freddie, just promoting a new song in front of the Queen crowds. He is reaping the benefit of that while there is less Freddie and John. My passion for the band is Freddie, Brian, Roger and John. I can't help but miss that. Q+AL can't compare to it.
Last edited by icy on Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby CNB » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:53 am

I've watched the new show in a hit and miss way on the periscopes that pop up on Twitter but I'm sure I'm not seeing everything. At the San Jose show I think I caught part of the DOOL film footage with John and Freddie being shown up on the circular portion above the stage but I can't remember during which song.
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby icy » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:09 pm

CNB wrote:I've watched the new show in a hit and miss way on the periscopes that pop up on Twitter but I'm sure I'm not seeing everything. At the San Jose show I think I caught part of the DOOL film footage with John and Freddie being shown up on the circular portion above the stage but I can't remember during which song.

I don't want the footage only. I want the song too. I would like to see the footage and hear the song, with Roger on vocals in case I wasn't clear before. I want it...all. Not meaning to sound greedy there. :lol:
I don't watch periscopes, I usually wait for videos. I think it will be until tomorrow until I can catch up on the last show. Not sure if new footage was shown then?
I've been thinking. I know DOOL is a beautifully bittersweet song to sing or even to hear. But honestly, I can't imagine a better tribute and admiration for Freddie and John than that song in the last few years. That song and Bohemian Rhapsody is why I started to tune into Q+AL in the first place.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Previous

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert