The Official Queen Education Thread for Glamberts

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Re: The Official Queen Education Thread for Glamberts

Postby Montavilla » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:45 pm

I have a question. I know this might be a controversial one, but I swear, I'm not trying to stir up shit.

Recently, Brian May said something to the effect of "Adam is family now." I didn't really think much of it at the time, since I'm conditioned to discount everything Brian says as propaganda. But I'm wondering if that has an actual meaning in the Queen fandom. Was Brian referring to the "Royal Family"?

And what, actually, is the Royal Family?
"You are right!!!!" - The Milkman
Maybe you should shut the fuck up? - fairydandy

Montavilla
The Show Must Go On

Postby JLP » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:06 pm

Montavilla wrote:I have a question. I know this might be a controversial one, but I swear, I'm not trying to stir up shit.

Recently, Brian May said something to the effect of "Adam is family now." I didn't really think much of it at the time, since I'm conditioned to discount everything Brian says as propaganda. But I'm wondering if that has an actual meaning in the Queen fandom. Was Brian referring to the "Royal Family"?

The Royal Family were a group of fans who followed Queen around from, I think, the late 1970s. One or two of them were on the board when I first joined in 2001.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby Montavilla » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:15 pm

JLP wrote:
Montavilla wrote:I have a question. I know this might be a controversial one, but I swear, I'm not trying to stir up shit.

The Royal Family were a group of fans who followed Queen around from, I think, the late 1970s. One or two of them were on the board when I first joined in 2001.

Thanks! I had thought it was something more official than that. Like, someone in Freddie's entourage or entourage-adjacent.
"You are right!!!!" - The Milkman
Maybe you should shut the fuck up? - fairydandy

Montavilla
The Show Must Go On

Previous

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert