QAL, United Center, Chicago, IL, July 13, 2017

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Re: QAL, United Center, Chicago, IL, July 13, 2017

Postby icy » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:31 pm

Brian May and for that matter Roger Taylor. No one expects perfection in these shows. A bum note or two, wouldn't bother me as as long as there is heart. That's what counts for me.
I think Brian is too much of a perfectionist these days. Still shows coming up, on this leg and the other overseas leg. I hope it goes smoothly. I'm going to be even more concerned if IL and SYW is completely over with. I still wonder if 9 days of rehearsals, with new songs, new stage set up was enough time for it all to gel?
Wish the guys were more forthcoming about what is dropped. Has anyone who tweeted Brian about it heard back?
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby Becca514 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:25 pm

icy wrote:Brian May and for that matter Roger Taylor. No one expects perfection in these shows. A bum note or two, wouldn't bother me as as long as there is heart. That's what counts for me.
I think Brian is too much of a perfectionist these days. Still shows coming up, on this leg and the other overseas leg. I hope it goes smoothly. I'm going to be even more concerned if IL and SYW is completely over with. I still wonder if 9 days of rehearsals, with new songs, new stage set up was enough time for it all to gel?
Wish the guys were more forthcoming about what is dropped. Has anyone who tweeted Brian about it heard back?

My prediction is those of us on the NA tour are out of luck with IL and SYW for the rest of the dates, but that they will bring those back in Europe after more practice. And I agree -- I'm not looking for utter perfection but heart. I found IL and SYW to be very wonderful, memorable additions.

P.S. I don't think Europe will be "blessed" with Adam's red hair either. LOL. #LuckyNAmerica

Becca514
Spread Your Wings

Postby AngelR » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:13 pm

Becca514 wrote:
icy wrote:Brian May and for that matter Roger Taylor. No one expects perfection in these shows. A bum note or two, wouldn't bother me as as long as there is heart. That's what counts for me.

My prediction is those of us on the NA tour are out of luck with IL and SYW for the rest of the dates, but that they will bring those back in Europe after more practice. And I agree -- I'm not looking for utter perfection but heart. I found IL and SYW to be very wonderful, memorable additions.

P.S. I don't think Europe will be "blessed" with Adam's red hair either. LOL. #LuckyNAmerica

Sorry about that. :) You are totally right of course. We are always lucky over here. When I saw them the last time (Wembley) we were 'blessed' with an over 2.5 hour show with all 'extra' songs and even bass solo! Adam's hair is always a subject to change, hopefully it's not going to be silver :lol:

AngelR
The Show Must Go On

Postby icy » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:44 pm

Becca514 wrote:

Hopefully in the break between the NA shows and the overseas shows, it could be improved on. Gotta say, I loved It's Late. SYW I think a bit more work is needed, but that's ok, if it does come back, it will be even better. Got to say, I hope DOOL returns, Roger sang that beautifully. That was the highlight for me in past tours.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby julymorning » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:11 pm

Here's another stab in the dark about dropping those two songs. Do you think there's a possibility Brian's difficulties with the red special that have delayed one and maybe two shows starting, have anything to do with it?

I of course have no idea what the technical problem was, or if said technical problem might be exacerbated by playing certain chords in a certain way, such as while bending a string?

I had been noticing that spots here in there during Last Horizon were choppy, stop and replayed. Yes I know he has always done that deliberately in some songs, but these were new break ups in his usually smooth, long notes. The 'singing' notes that guitar is so known for. There's a nice bit of that in SYW, though I can't think of any in IL.

Like a person's vocal chords, an old guitar may have to be babied sometimes too. Though you wouldn't guess it during his opening in that solo.
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

This is probably as good as it gets.

Postby icy » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:22 pm

julymorning wrote:Here's another stab in the dark about dropping those two songs. Do you think there's a possibility Brian's difficulties with the red special that have delayed one and maybe two shows starting, have anything to do with it?

I of course have no idea what the technical problem was, or if said technical problem might be exacerbated by playing certain chords in a certain way, such as while bending a string?

I had been noticing that spots here in there during Last Horizon were choppy, stop and replayed. Yes I know he has always done that deliberately in some songs, but these were new break ups in his usually smooth, long notes. The 'singing' notes that guitar is so known for. There's a nice bit of that in SYW, though I can't think of any in IL.

Like a person's vocal chords, an old guitar may have to be babied sometimes too. Though you wouldn't guess it during his opening in that solo.

Hmm. I watch and listen on seven inch tablet screen when I tune in. I never thought of that way, but you could be on to something there. SYW still needs more work, IMO. I hope they can pull it off, because the songs deserve it. Both IL and SYW are beautiful songs, kind of complicated to get just right in a live setting. No double takes there.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby TheHero » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:06 am

It could be that the string bending during the solo on It's Late is causing the guitar to be out of tune.. but anyway, if so, he has got many spare guitars.

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby CNB » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:58 am

IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby CNB » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:58 am

IT'S LATE !!!!!