setlist

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Re: setlist

Postby The Milkman » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:26 pm

This show is not for everyone. Why is that so hard to digest? Nothing is for everyone!!! I haven't even watched the videos but I still know this show would be a bore to me. Glad you enjoyed it but it's just not my bag.
Being offended is a small price to pay for the right to free speech.

The Milkman
Somebody To Love

Postby CNB » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:36 pm

Jimi wrote:well I saw it and it was mediocre at best.
Joshua Tree tour. Another silly idea. Hardly magical my friend.

Well, it was magical where I saw it! There was a terrible storm the night before and were worried if was going to blow in again. Instead, we had the most perfect outdoor weather you could imagine, not too hot or too cold and no wind. At one point I forgot I was sitting in a football stadium with clear skies and a new moon gliding over the scene! Magical! The huge screen showing the road as they played I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For! Magical!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby hotspace1966 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:57 pm

Never really went a bundle on U2 but must admit their concert's seemed very good visually and always seemed well thought out.Just not a lover on the music.
Can also totally understand why this Queen and AL collaboration is not for some. I have been to a few shows on the previous tours and enjoyed myself ( son as well ) did not get tickets this time round, was then a little gutted when i saw the concept and original set list and have since gone back to being not too bothered since they dropped the NOTW songs.

A show really has to grab and excite me now on a number of different levels for me to part with my hard earned bucks...last show that managed that was Kate Bush, now that was an experience...

I normally like Brian and Rogers solo spot and always have time for this segment of the show especially Roger's although if Brian is still noodling Last Horizon as part of his solo i really fucking hate that...also totally bored with the selfie stick bollocks as well but it seems to make him happy so what you gonna do !!!!

hotspace1966
Spread Your Wings

Postby JLP » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:59 pm

snifflese wrote:For people complaining about the same music, I don't understand why not playing DOOL this time around is such a deal breaker! But I guess there must be something to gripe about. QAL is not about gimmicks or staging, it is about the music, which is phenomenal. The band is comprised of master musicians and a master vocalist with awesome back up singers. The groups harmonizes with Adam perfectly. At the end of the day the music is what is fundamentally important and Queen's music is some of the best ever. It is played to perfection in their concerts and the other things (lights, lasers, Frank, etc) support that music and make it a wonderful experience, magical, I would call it! It is certainly not a detriment to have a fabulous production. I am sure if they played deep cut songs, you guys would ask where are the hits? If they had no production, you would complain about how boring it is! Queen can't win for losing on this board. You DO have to Be there, to get this show!!! Can't feel it from a crummy video or stream! It is a total experience, but it needs to be live!

Don't worry. I don't watch the streams or the videos of these shows and that is why I do not comment on the shows.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby JLP » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:01 pm

Just seen something via the Queen page on Facebook. Said something about stepping into Freddie's platform shoes. Did he ever wear such footwear?
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby CNB » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:48 pm

Do they have Freddie mixed up with David Bowie? I think he is the performer who wore platforms!

It can be confusing because as I've said before, as a performer Adam can be a combination of Freddie, David, Michael and Elvis while still being his own unique self!
Last edited by CNB on Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby fairydandy » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:56 pm

JLP wrote:Just seen something via the Queen page on Facebook. Said something about stepping into Freddie's platform shoes. Did he ever wear such footwear?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-w9Tf6VCrPK8/U ... +boston+(2).jpg

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby cjhill » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:32 pm

I can understand why they have dropped certain songs to opt for a slightly shorter set.

The amount of travelling the guys have to do is insane, emphasised by Brian's Instagram post the other day.

Incidentally, I hope Brian is OK and not beginning to suffer depression again.
Worrying comments on his soapbox about fighting thunderstorms in his head and combating the blues :cry: Hope he's OK.

Performing to thousands of screaming fans each night has got to be good medicine.

cjhill
Spread Your Wings

Postby fosterol » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:04 pm

Brian recently stated that he wasnt going to make life hard for himself onstage , he said why should he and to me that speaks volumes..
Its Late and Spread your wings a little too much like hard work for old curly me thinks

fosterol
We Will Rock You

Postby icy » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:23 pm

snifflese wrote:For people complaining about the same music, I don't understand why not playing DOOL this time around is such a deal breaker! But I guess there must be something to gripe about. QAL is not about gimmicks or staging, it is about the music, which is phenomenal. The band is comprised of master musicians and a master vocalist with awesome back up singers. The groups harmonizes with Adam perfectly. At the end of the day the music is what is fundamentally important and Queen's music is some of the best ever. It is played to perfection in their concerts and the other things (lights, lasers, Frank, etc) support that music and make it a wonderful experience, magical, I would call it! It is certainly not a detriment to have a fabulous production. I am sure if they played deep cut songs, you guys would ask where are the hits? If they had no production, you would complain about how boring it is! Queen can't win for losing on this board. You DO have to Be there, to get this show!!! Can't feel it from a crummy video or stream! It is a total experience, but it needs to be live!

Do you read what is actually posted? Who said DOOL not being played is a deal breaker? No one. I happen to miss hearing/watching Roger sing it as a tribute to Freddie and John. If you don't understand that, I don't know what to tell you. I swear you are purposely twisting and putting things out there that hasn't been stated by me or anyone else.
Q+AL comes across as gimmicky, the couch, crown, and now the bike. Not to mention the 'banter' AL does. Dang, they even managed to make Frank look cheesy.
I love Queen's music. I love most f it, and can imagine the blood, sweat and tears Freddie, Brian, John and Roger put into them. The band is legendary for very good reason/s.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby icy » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:26 pm

CNB wrote:Do they have Freddie mixed up with David Bowie? I think he is the performer who wore platforms!

It can be confusing because as I've said before, as a performer Adam can be a combination of Freddie, David, Michael and Elvis while still being his own unique self!

Quite a few wore platform boots back in the day.
Can the guy just be himself? How on Earth can he be a combination of all those people?
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby icy » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:33 pm

fosterol wrote:Brian recently stated that he wasnt going to make life hard for himself onstage , he said why should he and to me that speaks volumes..
Its Late and Spread your wings a little too much like hard work for old curly me thinks

I must've missed where he said that. I just wish he was more forthcoming as to why some songs are now dropped. Funny, but I really liked It's Late, I think k that will stand out to me the most during this tour, so I'm bummed it was dropped so suddenly especially it being 40 years since NOTW.
cjhill wrote:I can understand why they have dropped certain songs to opt for a slightly shorter set.

The amount of travelling the guys have to do is insane, emphasised by Brian's Instagram post the other day.

Incidentally, I hope Brian is OK and not beginning to suffer depression again.
Worrying comments on his soapbox about fighting thunderstorms in his head and combating the blues :cry: Hope he's OK.

Performing to thousands of screaming fans each night has got to be good medicine.

Oh no. Hope he is ok. Hope he can relax after this tour.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Previous

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert