QAL, Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, TN, August 2, 2017

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Re: QAL, Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, TN, August 2, 2017

Postby icy » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:21 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
icy wrote: I'm so glad I don't recall things being so heated about Q+PR. Another reason I look back on that time with fondness. I came here in the midst of that.

Have to disagree with you on this, Icy; the QPR days on here were heated, for sure: there were arguments galore. It certainly was not a peaceful time.

Rodgers was just too boring for me; and Adam is a bit too much the other way for me (OTT) - we need someone in the middle.

I first joined QOL in the spring of 2007. Maybe I missed the worst of the heated stuff.
Someone in the middle very well could be Gary Cherone. I think he could pull the Queen catalogue off, and do it well.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Postby icy » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:25 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
fairydandy wrote:
icy wrote:There's even less of him in these Q+AL shows, that's not fair!

I disagree! Freddie should not be shown at all, because this is nothing to do with him.

Nah, there has to be some Freddie in these shows. Freddie appearing up there on the screens is the highlight for many die-hards out there. I think there should be even more of him.

When Freddie and John were shown for example, DOOL, that was the highlights for me. I'm still so sad that that song wasn't done during this tour. If that was too emotional to sing, I'd understand. I just wish they kept it.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby icy » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:30 pm

fairydandy wrote:Most of the Adam Lambert fans who post here are utterly deluded as to what is going on. The people attending the shows are for the most part there for the music of Queen and for a love and or respect of Freddie Mercury.

Don't agree? Well, ok, here's a concert opener from a band that has nothing to do with Queen, where no Queen members are playing or are even present, it's just a song played through the sound system, to open their (Green Day) set.

https://youtu.be/cZnBNuqqz5g

Written by Freddie, it's one of the most important songs in history, a masterpiece written by a genius, who is respected the world over for his showmanship and his vocal talent. Think people attend for 'Two Fux' or that forty-years-too-late glam rock bozo? Think again.

That litreally gives me goosebumps. I've watched that so often in the last couple of weeks, such a response.
Freddie, Bohemian Rhapsody and Queen is lasting , and it's a bittersweet feeling. I will always miss and admire Freddie.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby julymorning » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:46 pm

icy wrote:
fairydandy wrote:Most of the Adam Lambert fans who post here are utterly deluded as to what is going on. The people attending the shows are for the most part there for the music of Queen and for a love and or respect of Freddie Mercury.

Don't agree? Well, ok, here's a concert opener from a band that has nothing to do with Queen, where no Queen members are playing or are even present, it's just a song played through the sound system, to open their (Green Day) set.

Written by Freddie, it's one of the most important songs in history, a masterpiece written by a genius, who is respected the world over for his showmanship and his vocal talent. Think people attend for 'Two Fux' or that forty-years-too-late glam rock bozo? Think again.

That litreally gives me goosebumps. I've watched that so often in the last couple of weeks, such a response.
Freddie, Bohemian Rhapsody and Queen is lasting , and it's a bittersweet feeling. I will always miss and admire Freddie.

Yeah...I actually have to laugh right out loud about that. I brought that video up to daylight recently on the Green Day thread where it had died, and just for the hell of it I wrote the viewer count down at that time. It was 1325 at the time of my posting. It's had like 61 views since then, but no comments, just as there were no comments on it when "The Hero" first posted it. People just went on as if it wasn't there.
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

This is probably as good as it gets.

Postby icy » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:50 pm

julymorning wrote:
icy wrote:

Yeah...I actually have to laugh right out loud about that. I brought that video up to daylight recently on the Green Day thread where it had died, and just for the hell of it I wrote the viewer count down at that time. It was 1325 at the time of my posting. It's had like 61 views since then, but no comments, just as there were no comments on it when "The Hero" first posted it. People just went on as if it wasn't there.

Laugh out loud about what exactly? I first noticed it on Facebook and fd posted it one of the News threads in VOTW. I replied to it there. Actually said how much the song means to me.
Sorry if I missed your post elsewhere.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby fairydandy » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:52 pm

julymorning wrote:

8.5 million views for a record being played over a sound system. Laugh away.

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby icy » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:54 pm

fairydandy wrote:
julymorning wrote:

If anything, it's pretty incredible! :mrgreen:
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby julymorning » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:33 am

icy wrote:
fairydandy wrote:
julymorning wrote:

If anything, it's pretty incredible! :mrgreen:

LOL, the two of you are quite the cards. Neither one of you 'got' me. I was laughing at this board of you people here! Because people will sneak in under cover to see what I and others post and then don't say anything except to be mean. (Not always you, Icy). I see the hate in here, and how it would just kill a few of you (fairydandy) to show appreciation where it's due once in a while. Not for when the Hero posted it here for all of you to see, nor for me when I brought it back to light. I re-read what I wrote on the Green Day thread, if either of you even bothered to read my post in the first place.

THIS is the real reason why this board has died. The balance of animosity towards each other far outweighs the friendliness. Like some of you would really prefer to have the whole place to yourselves.

Also, good moderators are supposed to keep the good example of posts going, contributing to threads whether they are of personal interest or not. Not just come in once in a blue moon and bitch at someone.
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

This is probably as good as it gets.

Postby icy » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:46 am

julymorning wrote:
LOL, the two of you are quite the cards. Neither one of you 'got' me. I was laughing at this board of you people here! Because people will sneak in under cover to see what I and others post and then don't say anything except to be mean. (Not always you, Icy). I see the hate in here, and how it would just kill a few of you (fairydandy) to show appreciation where it's due once in a while. Not for when the Hero posted it here for all of you to see, nor for me when I brought it back to light. I re-read what I wrote on the Green Day thread, if either of you even bothered to read my post in the first place.

THIS is the real reason why this board has died. The balance of animosity towards each other far outweighs the friendliness. Like some of you would really prefer to have the whole place to yourselves.

Also, good moderators are supposed to keep the good example of posts going, contributing to threads whether they are of personal interest or not. Not just come in once in a blue moon and bitch at someone.

When was the last time I was mean to you? I simply replied in the News thread where I saw fd's post about the clip, and replied there. Want me to repeat my post in the Green Day thread? Again, sorry that I missed your post. I simply didn't see it so I didn't reply. What I meant above about such a response is how the crowd reacted to the song. I've watched it a few times since, there are a few versions of the video going around after all.
Actually to hell with it. I will delete my reply about the video and song in the News thread.
Not going there about the mods here. But I'm very confused as to what and why what has bought all this on?
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby fairydandy » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:17 am

julymorning wrote:

The moderators here don't like Adam Lambert...well, if they do, they keep it to themselves. Why should they like him anyway? They are Queen fans, not Lambert fans. He's just the singer, singing the songs of Queen and if it wasn't for the fact that he was doing this, I feel quite sure that his name would never ever have even been mentioned on this board. Why would it...after all, he's a pop singer who was second in an American talent show and there are so many of these singers around nowadays - anyone of the previous winners or runners up would have done just as good a job. :?

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby Echoplex » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:49 pm

]
fairydandy wrote:

If Lambert had his own band, he could do whatever he likes...just as Freddie did. There's the difference though, it was 'his' band.

That comment says more about your view of AL, Freddie and the band than you could imagine.

Where in all the documented history of Queen's career has it ever said that Queen was Fredie's band??? There were plenty of instances where Freddie pointed out that he wasn't the leader and Queen wasn't "his" band however.

Like all the members of Queen, Freddie was one of the people who played in the band, in the same way as the other three. He also said in interviews that if he ever left the other three would replace him.

If you push this the other way an argument could be made to say it was Roger and Brian's band as it was Freddie who asked to join them. Yes he had some amazing ideas and a voice in a million, but Brian and Roger to some extent already had the vocal harmony ideas in Smile and Brian's guitar is as much part of the Queen signature sound as the vocals.

Echoplex
Spread Your Wings

Postby snifflese » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:07 pm

Exactly, Echoplex!! I have been trying to get that idea across forever! The attitude here is that Freddie was the band and it seems that no one else matters (except maybe Deacon, which I don't get, as he does not do a whole lot except collect money, which is fine and totally his right!). I have never understood that part. Maybe someone could explain that reasoning??

snifflese
Spread Your Wings

Postby JLP » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:32 pm

snifflese wrote:Exactly, Echoplex!! I have been trying to get that idea across forever! The attitude here is that Freddie was the band and it seems that no one else matters (except maybe Deacon, which I don't get, as he does not do a whole lot except collect money, which is fine and totally his right!). I have never understood that part. Maybe someone could explain that reasoning??

A Queen fan would know exactly what John Deacon did and why he retired. Queen were a band of four very talented musicians who worked very well together. They were a band. QAL is a different band of course. Many reviews which are posted on here are the ones that put the main focus on AL and how he has replaced Freddie, carries the audience and so on. Freddie Mercury did that and took it to a whole new level.

FYI Deacon wrote Queen's best worldwide selling single. Not a bad legacy.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby snifflese » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:28 pm

I was referring to John Deacon since 1991, not his contribution to the band prior to that time. I obviously know that he was also a huge part of Queen. What I meant was that he seems to be respected much more now than Brian and Roger here on this board, even though they are the ones carrying on with bringing the music to life again and introducing many younger people to their wonderful catalog. To me they are doing all the work keeping the music alive and you guys pretty much ping on them all the time. John Deacon does zip in that regard and he seems to be referred to in quite reverential tones. That is the part that I don't get. I have read mostly negative things about Roger and Brian and find it insulting to them. This is also about their behavior after the demise of the original band.

snifflese
Spread Your Wings

Postby The Doctor » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:53 pm

snifflese wrote:I was referring to John Deacon since 1991, not his contribution to the band prior to that time. I obviously know that he was also a huge part of Queen. What I meant was that he seems to be respected much more now than Brian and Roger here on this board, even though they are the ones carrying on with bringing the music to life again and introducing many younger people to their wonderful catalog. To me they are doing all the work keeping the music alive and you guys pretty much ping on them all the time. John Deacon does zip in that regard and he seems to be referred to in quite reverential tones. That is the part that I don't get. I have read mostly negative things about Roger and Brian and find it insulting to them. This is also about their behavior after the demise of the original band.

Perhaps John has things going on that you are just unaware of. Perhaps Brian and Roger have said things over the years since Freddie's death that may not be entirely true. By all accounts John took Freddie's death very hard, and doesn't enjoy being out around people. Brian and Roger had zero interest in performing as Queen until around 2005, so there were 14 years where they too didn't want to do it - but sure diss the guy who decided to retire.

The Doctor
We Will Rock You

PreviousNext

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert