QAL, Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, TN, August 2, 2017

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Re: QAL, Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, TN, August 2, 2017

Postby icy » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:01 pm

snifflese wrote:I was referring to John Deacon since 1991, not his contribution to the band prior to that time. I obviously know that he was also a huge part of Queen. What I meant was that he seems to be respected much more now than Brian and Roger here on this board, even though they are the ones carrying on with bringing the music to life again and introducing many younger people to their wonderful catalog. To me they are doing all the work keeping the music alive and you guys pretty much ping on them all the time. John Deacon does zip in that regard and he seems to be referred to in quite reverential tones. That is the part that I don't get. I have read mostly negative things about Roger and Brian and find it insulting to them. This is also about their behavior after the demise of the original band.


What was it that you stated about John recently? Something like he does nothing but raking leaves.
Yes, I respect John more than I do Brian and Roger at times. I don't like everything the three of them did, even in the Queen days. Brian and Roger are in the public eye. They are ones out there, giving their views on everything from hunting to politics. No one has to fully agree with them on every little thing they say and do. It's actually pretty simple.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 15297
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: Persona non grata
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 231 times
Been thanked: 520 times

Re: QAL, Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, TN, August 2, 2017

Postby icy » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:03 pm

The Doctor wrote:
snifflese wrote:I was referring to John Deacon since 1991, not his contribution to the band prior to that time. I obviously know that he was also a huge part of Queen. What I meant was that he seems to be respected much more now than Brian and Roger here on this board, even though they are the ones carrying on with bringing the music to life again and introducing many younger people to their wonderful catalog. To me they are doing all the work keeping the music alive and you guys pretty much ping on them all the time. John Deacon does zip in that regard and he seems to be referred to in quite reverential tones. That is the part that I don't get. I have read mostly negative things about Roger and Brian and find it insulting to them. This is also about their behavior after the demise of the original band.


Perhaps John has things going on that you are just unaware of. Perhaps Brian and Roger have said things over the years since Freddie's death that may not be entirely true. By all accounts John took Freddie's death very hard, and doesn't enjoy being out around people. Brian and Roger had zero interest in performing as Queen until around 2005, so there were 14 years where they too didn't want to do it - but sure diss the guy who decided to retire.

This.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 15297
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: Persona non grata
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 231 times
Been thanked: 520 times

Re: QAL, Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, TN, August 2, 2017

Postby fairydandy » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:17 pm

Echoplex wrote:
That comment says more about your view of AL, Freddie and the band than you could imagine.

Where in all the documented history of Queen's career has it ever said that Queen was Fredie's band??? There were plenty of instances where Freddie pointed out that he wasn't the leader and Queen wasn't "his" band however.

Like all the members of Queen, Freddie was one of the people who played in the band, in the same way as the other three. He also said in interviews that if he ever left the other three would replace him.

If you push this the other way an argument could be made to say it was Roger and Brian's band as it was Freddie who asked to join them. Yes he had some amazing ideas and a voice in a million, but Brian and Roger to some extent already had the vocal harmony ideas in Smile and Brian's guitar is as much part of the Queen signature sound as the vocals.


Freddie Mercury fans on Queenonline...whatever next. :roll:
 
fairydandy
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 8150
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:37 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 413 times

Re: QAL, Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, TN, August 2, 2017

Postby icy » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:27 pm

icy wrote:
snifflese wrote:I was referring to John Deacon since 1991, not his contribution to the band prior to that time. I obviously know that he was also a huge part of Queen. What I meant was that he seems to be respected much more now than Brian and Roger here on this board, even though they are the ones carrying on with bringing the music to life again and introducing many younger people to their wonderful catalog. To me they are doing all the work keeping the music alive and you guys pretty much ping on them all the time. John Deacon does zip in that regard and he seems to be referred to in quite reverential tones. That is the part that I don't get. I have read mostly negative things about Roger and Brian and find it insulting to them. This is also about their behavior after the demise of the original band.


What was it that you stated about John recently? Something like he does nothing but raking leaves.
Yes, I respect John more than I do Brian and Roger at times. I don't like everything the three of them did, even in the Queen days. Brian and Roger are in the public eye. They are ones out there, giving their views on everything from hunting to politics. No one has to fully agree with them on every little thing they say and do. It's actually pretty simple.

Correction. You said he does nothing but rake money in, and you have no respect for John at all.
Page 1 of the So why is nobody mentioning the new versions thread. You are here defending AL, saying AL should be getting credit, and saying people should respect Brian and Roger, but you have no respect at all for John Deacon. Wow and yikes. Your post in which you pont out that you have no respect at all for an important past member of Queen is worse than I've read about Q+AL here. What would your thoughts be if John was a part of the hyping up of AL and Q+AL? John made the choice to retire. I respect that after the years he put in the band. I respect his talent. I respect what he brought to the table when he was a Queen member. I respect him now.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 15297
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: Persona non grata
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 231 times
Been thanked: 520 times

Re: QAL, Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, TN, August 2, 2017

Postby snifflese » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:10 pm

Boy, Icy, you seem to not always understand what is being said at all. To put it more simply. I respect all four original members of Queen. I appreciate their input to all of their music. They are amazing and one of my favorite all time bands. I do not understand why Adam is always so nit picked and criticized and underrated here. I do get it is probably because for you folks, only Freddie will do and that is fine! I get that at this point. I don't understand and I don't agree, but that is OK.

I am talking about respect in the here and now. I respect Roger and Brian for taking on the Queen legacy and making sure it reaches even more people. There are hundreds of thousands of people not that familiar with Queen and now they are fans. And yes, there are people in the US that are not intimately familiar with Queen other than a few big songs. These QAL concerts are creating new Queen fans and that is surely positive. They are entertaining people and I know I have so enjoyed my 2 concerts. They are my two fav concerts of all time. For that I thank Brian and Roger.

Next point is that in spite of all these positive things that Brian and Roger are doing, all I read about them currently (not from when they were in the band years ago!!!), is negative things. And this is even more so for Brian, than for Roger. There is a real animus here on this board from what I read. However, John Deacon, who has not taken part in any of the new endeavors (don't care what else he is doing!!), seems to get a lot of love here. To me that is confusing to say the least. He is raking in money from these tours, etc, but not really contributing in the here and now. And do not go off on their blood, sweat, and tears, that was years ago and pertained to all of them, it is not RIGHT NOW!!! That is also why I think Adam also deserves some credit, as none of this would be happening without him fronting the band! That is what I meant, not whatever you think it was that I meant.
 
snifflese
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:06 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 39 times

Re: QAL, Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, TN, August 2, 2017

Postby icy » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:36 pm

snifflese wrote:Boy, Icy, you seem to not always understand what is being said at all. To put it more simply. I respect all four original members of Queen. I appreciate their input to all of their music. They are amazing and one of my favorite all time bands. I do not understand why Adam is always so nit picked and criticized and underrated here. I do get it is probably because for you folks, only Freddie will do and that is fine! I get that at this point. I don't understand and I don't agree, but that is OK.

I am talking about respect in the here and now. I respect Roger and Brian for taking on the Queen legacy and making sure it reaches even more people. There are hundreds of thousands of people not that familiar with Queen and now they are fans. And yes, there are people in the US that are not intimately familiar with Queen other than a few big songs. These QAL concerts are creating new Queen fans and that is surely positive. They are entertaining people and I know I have so enjoyed my 2 concerts. They are my two fav concerts of all time. For that I thank Brian and Roger.

Next point is that in spite of all these positive things that Brian and Roger are doing, all I read about them currently (not from when they were in the band years ago!!!), is negative things. And this is even more so for Brian, than for Roger. There is a real animus here on this board from what I read. However, John Deacon, who has not taken part in any of the new endeavors (don't care what else he is doing!!), seems to get a lot of love here. To me that is confusing to say the least. He is raking in money from these tours, etc, but not really contributing in the here and now. And do not go off on their blood, sweat, and tears, that was years ago and pertained to all of them, it is not RIGHT NOW!!! That is also why I think Adam also deserves some credit, as none of this would be happening without him fronting the band! That is what I meant, not whatever you think it was that I meant.


Boy the jab about my not understanding what is being said at all once again. :roll:
AL is the one onstage singing Queen songs. Queen songs that so many hold dear. Of course people are going to give their POVs if they wish, pro, con, in between. There are personally things I like more than others. In case I have to point it out to you again, I liked It's Late. I wish it stayed a part of the shows. I like the speech he makes. Have you even read my posts about that? And yes, personally I could do without the bike, banter and TF. Those are my POVs. My very own,and I'm allowed to state it, agree or disagree with what I'm posting, not what you think I am posting. I don't know why you continue to twist things and put things out there I've not stated or even felt, especially this time around.
I happen to think Gary from Extreme could pull off the Queen catalogue and do it very well. I've stated that before, even recently, so no it's not like I think or even say only Freddie will do. Of course you might just point out Brian and Roger didn't ask Gary to be a part of Q+.
AL is underrated here you say. Well this board isn't his board after all. Would you rather people only praised him and gave him all the credit? I will give Brian and Roger more credit, because it's their music, their ideas and first and foremost because I'm a Queen fan. Who here is that 'mean' to AL these days anyways? He doesn't give TFs anymore of what anyone thinks.
I'm not about to bow down to AL or even the other members, in the past or Q+AL. They all have the pros and cons. I know where my loyalty lies, and what I like and enjoy. I'd have much more respect for Q+AL if they stated why they cut songs from the show instead of a curt tweet from AL "because we felt like it". Fans deserved a better explanation than that, IMO. One thing I had my hopes for during this tour was the possibility of lesser known Queen songs being played throughout. IL and SYW never had much of a chance, DOOL none at all this time. As a Queen fan, I find that sad. Even more baffling was the choice to plunk TF in the set list. It left alot to be desired from where I look at it.
I won't be changing my views how much I respect Freddie and John, even though I readily admit they were not perfect. Freddie and John have left quite the legacy regarding Queen. That will never be diminished for me. I also respect Brian and Roger, but for not everything they do and say, as they are the ones now in the public eye making statements, being celebrities, John isn't.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 15297
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: Persona non grata
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 231 times
Been thanked: 520 times

Re: QAL, Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, TN, August 2, 2017

Postby Echoplex » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:47 pm

fairydandy wrote:
Echoplex wrote:
That comment says more about your view of AL, Freddie and the band than you could imagine.

Where in all the documented history of Queen's career has it ever said that Queen was Fredie's band??? There were plenty of instances where Freddie pointed out that he wasn't the leader and Queen wasn't "his" band however.

Like all the members of Queen, Freddie was one of the people who played in the band, in the same way as the other three. He also said in interviews that if he ever left the other three would replace him.

If you push this the other way an argument could be made to say it was Roger and Brian's band as it was Freddie who asked to join them. Yes he had some amazing ideas and a voice in a million, but Brian and Roger to some extent already had the vocal harmony ideas in Smile and Brian's guitar is as much part of the Queen signature sound as the vocals.


Freddie Mercury fans on Queenonline...whatever next. :roll:


There is a huge difference between being a Queen fan and having a tiny bopper mind set of adulation directed at one member of the band and allowing that to blind you to all that involved in what that band were and what they achieved as apposed to thinking everything was down to that one member.

Quote " whatever next" :roll:. . . .
Answer. . . more than your small mindedness could ever comprehend!
 
Echoplex
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:00 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: QAL, Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, TN, August 2, 2017

Postby fairydandy » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:25 pm

Echoplex wrote:
There is a huge difference between being a Queen fan and having a tiny bopper mind set of adulation directed at one member of the band and allowing that to blind you to all that involved in what that band were and what they achieved as apposed to thinking everything was down to that one member.

Quote " whatever next" :roll:. . . .
Answer. . . more than your small mindedness could ever comprehend!


Who said I was blinded to all that the band were involved in and achieved? Small minded indeed. :roll:

Yes, Freddie was my favourite and unashamedly so. If you can't accept that then fuck off to Lambert's site where you undoubtedly will fit in much better.

When I referred to it as 'his' band, it was because we were talking about a third party and the band not belonging to that third party. That doesn't mean that it was Freddie's band alone, just that it was 'his' in comparison to Lambert, who has no ownership of it. That said, do I think Freddie was the most important member of the band, yes, I absolutely do and it's my absolute right to think that.
 
fairydandy
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 8150
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:37 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 413 times

Re: QAL, Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, TN, August 2, 2017

Postby GalileoFigaro » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:59 pm

Looks like I picked the right week to be busy! :lol:
In the quiet of the night let our candle always burn, let us never lose the lessons we have learned.
 
GalileoFigaro
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:06 pm
Location: United States
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 38 times

Re: QAL, Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, TN, August 2, 2017

Postby Echoplex » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:01 pm

fairydandy wrote:
Who said I was blinded to all that the band were involved in and achieved? Small minded indeed. :roll:

Yes, Freddie was my favourite and unashamedly so. If you can't accept that then fuck off to Lambert's site where you undoubtedly will fit in much better.

When I referred to it as 'his' band, it was because we were talking about a third party and the band not belonging to that third party. That doesn't mean that it was Freddie's band alone, just that it was 'his' in comparison to Lambert, who has no ownership of it. That said, do I think Freddie was the most important member of the band, yes, I absolutely do and it's my absolute right to think that.


Why didn't you say that Freddie was an original member of the band instead of it was Freddie's band. You clearly had in mind that it was Freddie's band, you've also re enforced the point by now claiming him to be the most important member.

I bow to you superior intelligence and use of the English language. You're suggestion that I should "leave" and join an Adam Lambert fan site makes no sense as I'm not a fan of Adam Lambert as a solo artist.

You on the other hand have said that Freddie was the most important member of Queen, in doing so you relegate the other members to a supporting roll. Next you'll be telling the world that Mr Bad Guy (Freddie's attempt at a Queen album without the less important three members was a better album than ANATO!

Having taken on board you're total inability to view anything the band did as being a level musical partnership and your request that I "leave" Queen on line may I suggest you do exactly the same thing and you search for my mind is narrow but I know that I'm right. com or the only member of Queen worthy of the title artist is Freddie. Com I believe either of those if they exist will be perfect for you.
 
Echoplex
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:00 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: QAL, Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, TN, August 2, 2017

Postby fairydandy » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:12 pm

Echoplex wrote:
I bow to you superior intelligence and use of the English language. You're suggestion that I should "leave" and join an Adam Lambert fan site makes no sense as I'm not a fan of Adam Lambert as a solo artist.


It's 'your'. 'You're' is an abbreviation of 'you are'. Your lack of understanding of the language got us into this mess in the first place. :roll:
 
fairydandy
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 8150
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:37 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 413 times

Re: QAL, Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, TN, August 2, 2017

Postby fairydandy » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:13 pm

Echoplex wrote:
You on the other hand have said that Freddie was the most important member of Queen, in doing so you relegate the other members to a supporting roll.


It's 'role'. A 'roll' is something you eat.
 
fairydandy
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 8150
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:37 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 413 times

Re: QAL, Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, TN, August 2, 2017

Postby fairydandy » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:14 pm

Echoplex wrote:
Having taken on board you're total inability <snip>


See above.
 
fairydandy
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 8150
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:37 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 413 times

Re: QAL, Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, TN, August 2, 2017

Postby fairydandy » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:14 pm

Echoplex wrote:
Having taken on board you're total inability to view anything the band did as being a level musical partnership and your request that I "leave" Queen on line.



Well done!
 
fairydandy
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 8150
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:37 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 413 times

Re: QAL, Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, TN, August 2, 2017

Postby Echoplex » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:14 pm

fairydandy, you did exactly what I thought you'd do. Well done. Instead of constructing an argument or discussion on the sudject we were talking about you went on the attack singling out what you perceived to be a weakness. You however failed to notice that the "mistakes" you couldn't wait to expose were only made in that post! You should have asked yourself why, and tried to defend your pitiful assertion that Freddie was more important then the rest of the band. . .

Like telling me to leave with the use of a questionable phrase, you just took the easy option to gain the perceived upper hand. You failed.
 
Echoplex
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:00 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 11 times

PreviousNext

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests