01/11/2017 - O2 Arena, Prague

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Re: 01/11/2017 - O2 Arena, Prague

Postby soxtalon » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:11 pm

Had to help my son so I had to walk away from ending anyways but it seemed the only difference was they added back the Freddie taped call and response to begin the encore...

soxtalon
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Woody70 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:13 pm

Disappointing set-list.

I'm taking my eldest to a UK show, a greatest hits set list is fine as its her first gig but I'd have hoped for Spread Your Wings at least as something different for the older fans.

Must say I was perplexed that there was only one days rehersal, obviously no intention of trying something new for the European leg. But if there are lyric errors on songs such as Bo Rhap that starts to look a bit complacent. I never though I'd say that of a Queen show.

Woody70
Spread Your Wings

Postby Action This Day » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:54 pm

It's a curious setlist in terms of the albums the tracks come from.

There were 21 Queen songs played, 15 of which came from albums released between 1974 and 1980 (Sheer Heart Attack to The Game). That suggests they are concentrating heavily on their mid to late 70's output and yet NOTW itself is so under-represented with only 3 songs one of which is Get Down, Make Love.

Only 6 songs come from the albums after 1980 (Hot Space to The Miracle). WWTLF is somewhat surprisingly the only representative from AKOM. Nothing played at all from Queen, Queen II or Innuendo. The omission of TSMGO is baffling :?

Action This Day
We Will Rock You

Postby Jimi » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:43 am

Action This Day wrote:It's a curious setlist in terms of the albums the tracks come from.

There were 21 Queen songs played, 15 of which came from albums released between 1974 and 1980 (Sheer Heart Attack to The Game). That suggests they are concentrating heavily on their mid to late 70's output and yet NOTW itself is so under-represented with only 3 songs one of which is Get Down, Make Love.

Only 6 songs come from the albums after 1980 (Hot Space to The Miracle). WWTLF is somewhat surprisingly the only representative from AKOM. Nothing played at all from Queen, Queen II or Innuendo. The omission of TSMGO is baffling :?

I make you right.
I don't know the running time. ( by that I mean from the first chord to the last ) but it doesn't seem to be very long at all.
I always find it surprising that FBG gets played. I would even argue that GDML is not really a song but a vehicle for another set of squeaky noises from the red special.
Are they really never going to bother with DOOL again? SMGO again?
IL SYW ??
Its starting to look that way.

Jimi
Spread Your Wings

Postby rockfizzy-o » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:09 am

It seems Brian May was quite satisfied...

https://twitter.com/DrBrianMay/status/9 ... 1367940097

rockfizzy-o
Spread Your Wings

Postby icy » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:36 am

rockfizzy-o wrote:It seems Brian May was quite satisfied...

https://twitter.com/DrBrianMay/status/9 ... 1367940097

It doesn't take much for him to be satisfied then, does it?
Risky new set? Hardly. Unless he means the stage set up, which I wouldn't call risky. If they want it to be risky, change things up, try something new. And no, I don't mean a AL solo song :-P .
Gotta say this was the most lacking show I've ever seen Brian and Roger involved with. Really a shame, because it could be so much better. I hope it improves as the tour goes on.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Postby JLP » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:14 am

Forgot the words to BR? :shock: :shock: :shock:
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby icy » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:28 am

JLP wrote:Forgot the words to BR? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Screwed up the lyrics at near the start, a verse out of place.
Yes, it happens and can happen to anyone, but I'm surprised it happened with BR. Not a good start, IMO.
I can't post a video to it, but I will spare you it ;) .
I wish they rehearsed more, if they did, there might have been time and the will to add something new. As it stands, Whataya Want From Me is the only 'new' song added.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby cjhill » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:38 am

https://youtu.be/Iq87u9RHaBQ?t=1m12s

Right about here

Oops! :oops: More rehearsal time needed I think. If it's one song you don't want to mess up it's BR.

The first few gigs of any tour are usually a tiny bit shakey and often mild setlist tweaks are made so onwards and upwards.
Last edited by cjhill on Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

cjhill
Spread Your Wings

Postby icy » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:39 am

Jimi wrote:
Action This Day wrote:It's a curious setlist in terms of the albums the tracks come from.

I make you right.
I don't know the running time. ( by that I mean from the first chord to the last ) but it doesn't seem to be very long at all.
I always find it surprising that FBG gets played. I would even argue that GDML is not really a song but a vehicle for another set of squeaky noises from the red special.
Are they really never going to bother with DOOL again? SMGO again?
IL SYW ??
Its starting to look that way.

Squeaky noises from the red special :lookround:
Pretty much right on about that. Your description is appropriate...and funny :mrgreen: :lol:
My gut feeling is that, no, they are not going to bother bringing those songs back. I was watching the concert, and my heart sank, because so much seemed to be missing. Frank on Roger's kit, the Frank CG, and AL singing on top of Frank isn't enough to celebrate 40 years since NOTW. It seems like they are resorting to gimmicks, instead of the actual music to celebrate it.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby icy » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:44 am

cjhill wrote:https://youtu.be/Iq87u9RHaBQ?t=1m12s

Right about here

Oops! :oops: More rehearsal time needed I think. If it's one song you don't want to mess up it's BR

I don't think I could watch that again. That's a hell of a big ouch in so many ways. It's not his first time singing it after all, did nerves get to him, did he just simply forget, I don't know what and why, but dayum.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby AngelR » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:45 pm

A very save set list...Would love to see SYW and It's late and All Dead All Dead. I hope they will step it up before "my show" in December. :)

What's a big deal with Adam's messing up some words? It's a one off mistake. Would be highly unprofessional to stop singing and to restart. After performing BR for so many years he does know the lyrics, surely.

AngelR
We Will Rock You

Postby parchedpeas » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:34 pm

AngelR wrote:What's a big deal with Adam's messing up some words? It's a one off mistake. Would be highly unprofessional to stop singing and to restart. After performing BR for so many years he does know the lyrics, surely.

Nothing wrong with an isolated mistake, but the whole show felt un-rehearsed, like a dress rehearsal really. Adam running walking back down the catwalk with his back to the audience during the 'all we hear is ... clap clap ... radio ga ga' bit was another odd thing.

It's nit-picking, I know, but if you're going to bring me the same tour I've already seen (despite pre-selling it as a NOTW tribute with 'surprises') then at least polish it to a fine art. This felt lazy. I'm sure it'll get better as a performance, but there is little reason for me to rush to London to watch at the moment.

parchedpeas
Spread Your Wings

Postby JLP » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:43 pm

AngelR wrote:A very save set list...Would love to see SYW and It's late and All Dead All Dead. I hope they will step it up before "my show" in December. :)

What's a big deal with Adam's messing up some words? It's a one off mistake. Would be highly unprofessional to stop singing and to restart. After performing BR for so many years he does know the lyrics, surely.

Sorry but when people are shelling out decent money to see these gigs, they deserve the very best. I would not have an issue with him forgetting the words of one of the lesser songs. But to forget the lyrics to one of the most famous songs of all time is just unprofessional.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby AngelR » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:19 pm

JLP wrote:
AngelR wrote:A very save set list...Would love to see SYW and It's late and All Dead All Dead. I hope they will step it up before "my show" in December. :)

Sorry but when people are shelling out decent money to see these gigs, they deserve the very best. I would not have an issue with him forgetting the words of one of the lesser songs. But to forget the lyrics to one of the most famous songs of all time is just unprofessional.

Usually people are getting the very best - not as if Adam's reading the lyrics from the auto cue like Paul Rodgers did. I don't listen to the streams or watch any videos before Dec the 12th, so can't comment how bad it was.
My concern (and I am the one who shelled out decent money to see this gig) is the set list. :(

AngelR
We Will Rock You

PreviousNext

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert