02/11/2017 - Olympiahalle, Munich

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

02/11/2017 - Olympiahalle, Munich

Postby AngelR » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:54 pm

Let's see if there are any changes to the set list tonight..

Looks like no streaming of the concert?
Just found these three, they've started about 10 mins ago:
http://mixlr.com/beeclaudi59/
http://mixlr.com/marion-moser/
http://mixlr.com/vik1985/

AngelR
We Will Rock You

Re: 02/11/2017 - Olympiahalle, Munich

Postby GalileoFigaro » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:13 pm

BoRhap lyric fail in the same spot again. Current fail rate for this European leg of the tour: 100%

In the quiet of the night let our candle always burn, let us never lose the lessons we have learned.

GalileoFigaro
Spread Your Wings

Postby icy » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:31 pm

GalileoFigaro wrote:BoRhap lyric fail in the same spot again. Current fail rate for this European leg of the tour: 100%

He no longer give TwoFux don't ya know? :roll:
Really disappointed by him. It's like he can't even to be bothered anymore. That's a shame.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Postby Woody70 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:38 pm

Two nights running......I think i’d be tempted to check the autocue. If the prep has been as poor as things are starting to look its not impossible that the cut and paste has gone wrong!

Woody70
Spread Your Wings

Postby AngelR » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:39 pm

The set list - no change :(

WWRY (Teaser)
Hammer To Fall
Stone Cold Crazy
Another One Bites The Dust
Tie Your Mother Down
Fat Bottomed Girls
Killer Queen
Speech
Don't Stop Me Now
Bicylce Race
I'm In Love With My Car
Get Down Make Love
I Want It All
Love Of My Life
Somebody to Love
Crazy Little Thing Called Love
Drum Battle
Under Pressure
I Want To Break Free
Whataya Want From Me
Take My Breath Away (Teaser)
Who Wants To Live Forever
Guitar Solo
Radio GaGa
Bohemain Rhapsody

Encore:
DAYO (Freddie)
We Will Rock You
We Are The Champions

AngelR
We Will Rock You

Postby AngelR » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:41 am

A set of professional photos from Munich:
Groß: Live-Bilder von Queen Adam Lambert in der Münchner Olympiahalle https://www.regioactive.de/galerie/2017 ... HgYTN.html

AngelR
We Will Rock You

Postby Khashoggi » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:55 am

So, I went to the gig in Munich. It was actually a great night out, me and my brother stood right in front of the guitar-catwalk. That was certainly the nearest I've ever seen Brian and Roger, which really was something for me. The atmosphere was pretty special, no question. Munich being that special place where the band has a huge history, and where Freddie used to live. The band played the Olympiahalle so many times in their glory days with Freddie, I had shivers down my spine standing there and imagining how it might have been to experience the real deal.
And I guess that's what it's all about for me. It's pure nostalgia, actually nothing more. Seeing and hearing Roger and Brian play together with their incredible sound is the best feeling I could think of - but I definitely always imagined to see Freddie next to them. He's just been the center point of the band, obviously. Seeing this new and modern show just reminds me of how much better it had to be in the good old days. Makes me always feel so sad and angry that I was born in 1989.

Lambert did a good job vocally (as he always does), but there were a few things I didn't enjoy this time around. Brian always claims the show was dangerous etc, which obviously it isn't. Every tiny detail is so scripted, everything that Lambert says between the songs sounds like a broadway actor who just talks his lines. There is NO spontaneity at all, and indeed he does exactly the same thing at every other show. The thing I most hated about the shows in 2015 and 2016 was the ridiculous sofa he sang 'Killer Queen' on. The moment in the current show where I almost needed to puke was the laughable idea with that terrible bicycle, which really made me cringe so much. Lambert has an amazing range, that's for sure. But sadly he just isn't the natural and organic performer that Brian always calls him. It's so very broadway, so acted, so impersonal. Even his "Let's celebrate Freddie together and I'm a fan too just like you"-thing comes across so overplayed. I just don't enjoy that kind of thing. I enjoy people who are natural on stage, people who do different things each time, say different things each show - and REALLY give every audience something special, just like Freddie did. He certainly was a complete natural performer and entertainer.

Best moments in the show for me: "I'm In Love With My Car" (that was pure Queen, so amazing) and clearly "Love Of My Life" again (although even with Brian I'm not so very sure how real the tears are that he wipes away after every performance of the song). Maybe the most real moments were me and my brother crying at "Love Of My Life", remembering our old days with our dad who loved Queen to bits and is gone for 16 years now. Maybe my huge and incredible love for this band (for the original line-up) was the real emotions that I felt on this night. That was enough for me. I had a great night out, saw and heard these two legends live again, and had a great great time in Munich. It was all worth it again.

Ah and before I forget it.. I probably shouldn't even start with my opinion on their version of Lambert's "Whataya Want From Me" :P Let me say so much: That was one of the worst live moments I've ever experienced at any concert.There were a few Glamberts screaming and clapping hands afterwards, but the majority of the arena stayed pretty silent and seemed to have asked themselves the same thing that I did ask my brother after that attempt..

"What the hell was that?"
2005 / Queen + Paul Rodgers, Rhein Energie Stadium (Köln)
2008 / Queen + Paul Rodgers, TUI-Arena (Hannover)
2015 / Queen + Adam Lambert, Lanxess Arena (Köln)
2016 / Queen + Adam Lambert, Rhein Energie Stadium (Köln)
2017 / Queen + Adam Lambert, Olympiahalle (Munich)

Khashoggi
We Will Rock You

Take a holiday on Khashoggi's Ship..

Postby AngelR » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:02 pm

Khashoggi wrote:Ah and before I forget it.. I probably shouldn't even start with my opinion on their version of Lambert's "Whataya Want From Me" :P Let me say so much: That was one of the worst live moments I've ever experienced at any concert.There were a few Glamberts screaming and clapping hands afterwards, but the majority of the arena stayed pretty silent and seemed to have asked themselves the same thing that I did ask my brother after that attempt..

I think it was his first hit in Europe maybe not in Germany? Hopefully they will drop it by the time they tour the UK and change it to The Gost Town - more fun - or something completely new!

AngelR
We Will Rock You

Postby Nicki79 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:44 pm

AngelR wrote:
Khashoggi wrote:Ah and before I forget it.. I probably shouldn't even start with my opinion on their version of Lambert's "Whataya Want From Me" :P Let me say so much: That was one of the worst live moments I've ever experienced at any concert.There were a few Glamberts screaming and clapping hands afterwards, but the majority of the arena stayed pretty silent and seemed to have asked themselves the same thing that I did ask my brother after that attempt..

I think it was his first hit in Europe maybe not in Germany? Hopefully they will drop it by the time they tour the UK and change it to The Gost Town - more fun - or something completely new!

Where I was at the gig in Munich the reaction to WWFM of the audience was ok, bopping along, some singing the chorus and most people clapping afterwards- and since I had a seat rather in the middle of the hall, I had the impression that all in all the reaction wasn’t bad for an Adam-Song.
The least reaction came after „Get down, make love“. There the hall was really calm and almost no clapping around me. I guess some older couples around me, who hadn’t seen Queen before just thought:“What the hell was that?“ :shock: ( They were very engaged when the hits came, though.

Nicki79
Spread Your Wings

Postby AngelR » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:28 pm

Nicki79 wrote:
AngelR wrote:

Where I was at the gig in Munich the reaction to WWFM of the audience was ok, bopping along, some singing the chorus and most people clapping afterwards- and since I had a seat rather in the middle of the hall, I had the impression that all in all the reaction wasn’t bad for an Adam-Song.
The least reaction came after „Get down, make love“. There the hall was really calm and almost no clapping around me. I guess some older couples around me, who hadn’t seen Queen before just thought:“What the hell was that?“ :shock: ( They were very engaged when the hits came, though.

Strange that so many Queen fans loved GDML but the general public didn't. SYW and It's Late would've got a better reception surely?

AngelR
We Will Rock You

Postby rockfizzy-o » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:33 pm

SYW was on the German Greatest Hits vinyl album.

According to the notes on the inner sleeve it's Einer der Höhepunkte aller Queen-Konzerte...

http://www.45worlds.com/i/117848d4545f20f7cac

http://www.45worlds.com/i/1125aa64c95d1022c44

http://www.45worlds.com/i/11442540ac53907ec2f

rockfizzy-o
Spread Your Wings

Postby Zak Royen » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:55 pm

Khashoggi wrote:Every tiny detail is so scripted, everything that Lambert says between the songs sounds like a broadway actor who just talks his lines. There is NO spontaneity at all, and indeed he does exactly the same thing at every other show. The thing I most hated about the shows in 2015 and 2016 was the ridiculous sofa he sang 'Killer Queen' on. The moment in the current show where I almost needed to puke was the laughable idea with that terrible bicycle, which really made me cringe so much. Lambert has an amazing range, that's for sure. But sadly he just isn't the natural and organic performer that Brian always calls him. It's so very broadway, so acted, so impersonal. Even his "Let's celebrate Freddie together and I'm a fan too just like you"-thing comes across so overplayed. I just don't enjoy that kind of thing. I enjoy people who are natural on stage, people who do different things each time, say different things each show - and REALLY give every audience something special, just like Freddie did. He certainly was a complete natural performer and entertainer.

My thoughts EXACTLY, and the reason I'm not sseing the band live this time around.

I agree even Brian looks and sounds insincere when he expresses excitement/emotion on stage, it pains me to say...

Zak Royen
Spread Your Wings

Postby Zak Royen » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:56 pm

Zak Royen wrote:
Khashoggi wrote:Every tiny detail is so scripted, everything that Lambert says between the songs sounds like a broadway actor who just talks his lines. There is NO spontaneity at all, and indeed he does exactly the same thing at every other show. The thing I most hated about the shows in 2015 and 2016 was the ridiculous sofa he sang 'Killer Queen' on. The moment in the current show where I almost needed to puke was the laughable idea with that terrible bicycle, which really made me cringe so much. Lambert has an amazing range, that's for sure. But sadly he just isn't the natural and organic performer that Brian always calls him. It's so very broadway, so acted, so impersonal. Even his "Let's celebrate Freddie together and I'm a fan too just like you"-thing comes across so overplayed. I just don't enjoy that kind of thing. I enjoy people who are natural on stage, people who do different things each time, say different things each show - and REALLY give every audience something special, just like Freddie did. He certainly was a complete natural performer and entertainer.

My thoughts EXACTLY, and the reason I haven't bought a concert ticket this time around.

I agree even Brian looks and sounds insincere when he expresses excitement/emotion on stage, it pains me to say...

Zak Royen
Spread Your Wings

Postby Zak Royen » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:58 pm

Khashoggi wrote:I enjoy people who are natural on stage, people who do different things each time, say different things each show - and REALLY give every audience something special, just like Freddie did. He certainly was a complete natural performer and entertainer.

I've read several knowledgeable fans state that Freddie, too, had scripted lines that he would repeat night after night. I don't know if it's true -- to the same extent as it is with Adam.

Zak Royen
Spread Your Wings

Postby Capt. Den Ronson » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:18 pm

Image[/quote]

Fred: You suck on the organ, dear
Reg: You aren't much better on the piano

Capt. Den Ronson
The Show Must Go On

Next

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert