04/11/2017 - Sportarena, Budapest Hungary

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Re: 04/11/2017 - Sportarena, Budapest Hungary

Postby musicalprostitute » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:00 pm

It does seem a little careless Adam messing up the words a few times - especially to THIS song; but, I honestly do not think the members of the audience give that much of a fuck. I am sure they will still be more than happy to see their favourite band (albeit with another singer) raw and real and live (including all the mistakes that can happen in a live situation).

And it is just so easy to knock someone like Adam in this internet age; I wonder how many mistakes Freddie made live? Difference is, his every moment was not filmed by amateurs for all to see and pick at.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby icy » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:09 pm

Autocue problem? My big fat bottom.
Brian and Roger 'helped' him see and tour the world, places he would never see or perform with his own solo career. And he can't be bothered to get the lyrics right? Three times in three concerts in a row now. It definitely don't want me to tune into streams, let alone shell out for a ticket.

musicalprostitute wrote:It does seem a little careless Adam messing up the words a few times - especially to THIS song; but, I honestly do not think the members of the audience give that much of a fuck. I am sure they will still be more than happy to see their favourite band (albeit with another singer) raw and real and live (including all the mistakes that can happen in a live situation).

And it is just so easy to knock someone like Adam in this internet age; I wonder how many mistakes Freddie made live? Difference is, his every moment was not filmed by amateurs for all to see and pick at.

Yes, Freddie messed up at times. No one can ever deny he didn't. Difference is, Freddie had much more concerns with Queen shows, was involved in the ideas for concerts, lighting, set list and set up than AL could ever be concerned about with Q+AL. All Adam has to do with these shows....is learn the songs and sing them. My impression is now, he isn't doing that with the most important song (< IMO ) that he has to sing, and not like he hasn't sang it for a few years now, so why is he messing it up?
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Postby icy » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:22 pm

fairydandy wrote:He is and always was unsuitable in every way to sing with this group. I'm amazed it has lasted so long.

I know something I'm noticing. His heart doesn't seem to be doing these shows,or wasn't at least for the first three shows. Something is changing with AL during this tour.
I'm not going to bother to tune into streams anymore as it's happening. Him messing up Bohemian Rhapsody is just as sad to me as DOOL, IL and SYW being excluded from these shows. Those three songs I pinned my hopes on for the overseas tour.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby musicalprostitute » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:25 pm

icy wrote:

Yes, Freddie messed up at times. No one can ever deny he didn't. Difference is, Freddie had much more concerns with Queen shows, was involved in the ideas for concerts, lighting, set list and set up than AL could ever be concerned about with Q+AL. All Adam has to do with these shows....is learn the songs and sing them. My impression is now, he isn't doing that with the most important song (< IMO ) that he has to sing, and not like he hasn't sang it for a few years now, so why is he messing it up?

But that is not actually true though; Brian has already stated that Adam is hands on, that he contributes ideas to the shows, etc. This is not Brian and Roger sorting it all out and then little Adam walks out sings and fucks off again - they are a real band performing together, sharing highs and lows together and working on all the shows together.

Freddie forgot his own songs. In fact, Freddie forgot how his own songs went musically when he had not performed them for a while (and he created them!): he was only human - god-like as he was - and, therefore, was open to human mistakes like every other fucker out there...Adam included.

The world will still turn. The audiences will still pack out the venues. The music will still live on and be played live all these years after the demise of Queen...I am not going to moan about any of that.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby icy » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:06 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
icy wrote:

But that is not actually true though; Brian has already stated that Adam is hands on, that he contributes ideas to the shows, etc. This is not Brian and Roger sorting it all out and then little Adam walks out sings and fucks off again - they are a real band performing together, sharing highs and lows together and working on all the shows together.

Freddie forgot his own songs. In fact, Freddie forgot how his own songs went musically when he had not performed them for a while (and he created them!): he was only human - god-like as he was - and, therefore, was open to human mistakes like every other fucker out there...Adam included.

The world will still turn. The audiences will still pack out the venues. The music will still live on and be played live all these years after the demise of Queen...I am not going to moan about any of that.

Not having a go at you, just my stubborn thoughts that I'm voicing. ;)
Ok, what ideas has he contributed to the shows? I genuinely wonder. Song choices? Stage set up? I don't think he had say about those ideas.
Yes, Freddie was human. Freddie worked his ass off for years in some cases performing the songs, writing them etc. So it's understandable that he messed up at times. AL has it easier than Freddie ever did in a live setting. During the break between the N.A tour and this one, surely there was enough time to get things done as right as possible. But no, only a day or two of rehearsals. That lack of rehearsals is showing, especially where AL is concerned, IMO. It has been often said how professional AL is...well where Bohemian Rhapsody is concerned, it looks like AL has been woefully under prepared for it, yes, I will say it it looks terribly lazy with the first few shows in how he messed it up. I do not understand why it's happening after all this time. If he can't be, and I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I'd rather the whole song be dropped from the set list. I really hope he can get it together.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby musicalprostitute » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:43 pm

icy wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:

Ok, what ideas has he contributed to the shows? I genuinely wonder. Song choices? Stage set up? I don't think he had say about those ideas.
Yes, Freddie was human. Freddie worked his ass off for years in some cases performing the songs, writing them etc. So it's understandable that he messed up at times. AL has it easier than Freddie ever did in a live setting. During the break between the N.A tour and this one, surely there was enough time to get things done as right as possible. But no, only a day or two of rehearsals. That lack of rehearsals is showing, especially where AL is concerned, IMO. It has been often said how professional AL is...well where Bohemian Rhapsody is concerned, it looks like AL has been woefully under prepared for it, yes, I will say it it looks terribly lazy with the first few shows in how he messed it up. I do not understand why it's happening after all this time. If he can't be, and I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I'd rather the whole song be dropped from the set list. I really hope he can get it together.

I do not know his exact input - but then why would I? All I know is that Brian has stated that Adam is not just a singer they are using to get these songs out there; he contributes to song choices, set up, etc. That tells us that he is not merely their puppet - he does as he pleases, to a degree.

As for him messing up Bo Rhap? I am not too bothered. Queen are well known in the music world to rehearse well and fully before any tours - I cannot see this time being any different. This is merely human error, albeit repeated on the same song!

And if people do find the fact that he has messed up the lyrics annoying just do not watch him. No one is forcing any Queen fan to get involved in any shape or form with regards to QAL...but, fact is, Adam has created more chat on this forum than anything else in recent times that I can think of. I get that people don't take to him (I feel the same), so just ignore this chapter in Queen history and move on: let those that get enjoyment be happy and those that don't like it can avoid all QAL business and focus on the archive stuff - it's a win win.
Last edited by musicalprostitute on Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby musicalprostitute » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:44 pm

edit.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby icy » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:12 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
icy wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:

I do not know his exact input - but then why would I? All I know is that Brian has stated that Adam is not just a singer they are using to get these songs out there; he contributes to song choices, set up, etc. That tells us that he is not merely their puppet - he does as he pleases, to a degree.

As for him messing up Bo Rhap? I am not too bothered. Queen are well known in the music world to rehearse well and fully before any tours - I cannot see this time being any different. This is merely human error, albeit repeated on the same song!

And if people do find the fact that he has messed up the lyrics annoying just do not watch him. No one is forcing any Queen fan to get involved in any shape or form with regards to QAL...but, fact is, Adam has created more chat on this forum than anything else in recent times that I can think of. I get that people don't take to him (I feel the same), so just ignore this chapter in Queen history and move on: let those that get enjoyment be happy and those that don't like it can avoid all QAL business and focus on the archive stuff - it's a win win.

I wish it was put out there exactly how much input AL had and has with the Q+AL shows, I think it would be interesting. The couch, the bike, I'd really like to know the ideas and input behind that.
I don't think I will be turning into streams as the are happening, but I will be watching the videos. Because I'm a big fan of Brian's and Roger's and the Queen music. A big part of me tunes in hoping the song list will change or if something new will happen. So, nope I won't be avoiding Q+AL, i personally make the choice to listen, watch, discuss, rant, rave.
All that said however, I'm a Queen fan with Freddie first and foremost. No bones about it, that's where my loyalty lies, always has and always will. There are things about that time that can still stir me, on many levels. It's amazing to me there is so much new to me stuff every now and then. To think so many years after Freddie passed, that there can still be excitement, happiness he gives us... :wow:.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby musicalprostitute » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:52 pm

icy wrote:I wish it was put out there exactly how much input AL had and has with the Q+AL shows, I think it would be interesting. The couch, the bike, I'd really like to know the ideas and input behind that.
I don't think I will be turning into streams as the are happening, but I will be watching the videos. Because I'm a big fan of Brian's and Roger's and the Queen music. A big part of me tunes in hoping the song list will change or if something new will happen. So, nope I won't be avoiding Q+AL, i personally make the choice to listen, watch, discuss, rant, rave.
All that said however, I'm a Queen fan with Freddie first and foremost. No bones about it, that's where my loyalty lies, always has and always will. There are things about that time that can still stir me, on many levels. It's amazing to me there is so much new to me stuff every now and then. To think so many years after Freddie passed, that there can still be excitement, happiness he gives us... :wow:.

Well, of course it is your choice to watch the QAL clips, but I meant those that clearly dislike this collaboration or find the thought of him messing up songs so sacrilegious - just don't watch him. It is a simple answer to it all. If someone or something annoys me too much (say, Jeremy Clarkson - a major TV twat over here in the UK who drives cars and talks shit most of the time) then I simply ignore them - no point in watching things that do not bring me pleasure or that I am not into.

I just find that you are hyper-critical of any of Adam's minor fuck-ups. I am not digging at you when I say this, just giving my opinion on how I see it.

As for the rare Queen/Freddie footage we are getting to see in recent years? I, for one, did not think 26 years ago that we would see anything else from them...so it is all a bonus these days. Watching Freddie in the studio with the boys on this most recent little film made me smile like nothing else has in the last few days - it's just such a good feeling to feel such love for a band after all these years. :)

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby icy » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:21 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
icy wrote:I wish it was put out there exactly how much input AL had and has with the Q+AL shows, I think it would be interesting. The couch, the bike, I'd really like to know the ideas and input behind that.

Well, of course it is your choice to watch the QAL clips, but I meant those that clearly dislike this collaboration or find the thought of him messing up songs so sacrilegious - just don't watch him. It is a simple answer to it all. If someone or something annoys me too much (say, Jeremy Clarkson - a major TV twat over here in the UK who drives cars and talks shit most of the time) then I simply ignore them - no point in watching things that do not bring me pleasure or that I am not into.

I just find that you are hyper-critical of any of Adam's minor fuck-ups. I am not digging at you when I say this, just giving my opinion on how I see it.

As for the rare Queen/Freddie footage we are getting to see in recent years? I, for one, did not think 26 years ago that we would see anything else from them...so it is all a bonus these days. Watching Freddie in the studio with the boys on this most recent little film made me smile like nothing else has in the last few days - it's just such a good feeling to feel such love for a band after all these years. :)

That Clarkson fella...can't stand the guy. :lol:
I'm going to honest with you now. There's only one band I try my best to avoid, that's Bon Jovi. I will literally change the channel, station if I hear them being played. If anyone said I hated their music, I couldn't deny it. I used to be quite vocal about how I felt about them on good ol QOL.
I think if people decide to watch or not watch Q+AL...that's their choice and perfectly ok. I have no problems with that. To each their own and it's not hurting anyone.
I became a Queen fan after Freddie passed away. Remember MIH was touted to be the last from Queen? I'm with you that I never thought there would be anything at all after that. So when DVDs of the Bowl, Wembley and Montreal were released, I snapped those up with pure happiness. Hard to believe maybe, but I do have happiness when it comes to Queen. I remember when the news about Q+PR broke that they would tour. I was shocked, but I knew I would not mind seeing those guys live. I think I would have enjoyed it if I did. I wish that lasted longer than it did.
I love Queen. I love Freddie. What is must've taken Freddie to write and sing Bohemian Rhapsody through the years. I don't think that song is a throwaway. I think this is one of the songs that is all or nothing. It rankles me to see it not be sang right. It deserves the best it can get. That's why feel the way I do about it. It's one of the songs by any artist I have passion, emotion for. If AL screwed up let's say FBG, hey no big deal. Bohemian Rhapsody is a big deal for me. I hope AL can get his grips with it.
No hard feelings, mp.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby Montavilla » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:18 am

What I remember hearing in interviews about Adam's specific input is this:

He came up with the idea of using gold as the predominant color in the first large tour. (It was Roger's idea to have the big Q.).

Adam was credited for the band including Stone Cold Crazy, and a few of the songs -- maybe In the Lap of the Gods (Revisited)? Brian mentioned in some interview that Adam suggested doing some of their earlier songs, and observed, in his bemused way, that "we used to really rock" back then.

I think it was Adam that asked for a fainting couch for "Killer Queen."

This is somewhat incidental, but the thing Adam was known for on American Idol (other than singing really high and loud, and sticking out his tongue) was for working every inch of the production. The musical director, Ricky Minor, said that Adam was constantly emailing him with ideas. Adam got Minor's band to come up with new arrangements for most of his performances, and collaborated with the set, lighting, and costume directors to create interesting, unusual visuals.

There is somewhere on YouTube, a very amusing bit of footage with a very young, pre-Idol Adam Lambert fighting with the producers of The Zodiac Show because he has his heart set on wearing a flaming headdress to sing one of his songs. The producers finally talk him out of it on the grounds that it is a) impossible to do, b) dangerous, and c) stupid,

So.. yeah. I'm guessing Adam has a lot to say about the QAL setlist and production. How much of that is incorporated is a question we may never know the answer to.
"You are right!!!!" - The Milkman
Maybe you should shut the fuck up? - fairydandy

Montavilla
The Show Must Go On

Postby musicalprostitute » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:04 pm

icy wrote:That Clarkson fella...can't stand the guy. :lol:
I'm going to honest with you now. There's only one band I try my best to avoid, that's Bon Jovi. I will literally change the channel, station if I hear them being played. If anyone said I hated their music, I couldn't deny it. I used to be quite vocal about how I felt about them on good ol QOL.
I think if people decide to watch or not watch Q+AL...that's their choice and perfectly ok. I have no problems with that. To each their own and it's not hurting anyone.
I became a Queen fan after Freddie passed away. Remember MIH was touted to be the last from Queen? I'm with you that I never thought there would be anything at all after that. So when DVDs of the Bowl, Wembley and Montreal were released, I snapped those up with pure happiness. Hard to believe maybe, but I do have happiness when it comes to Queen. I remember when the news about Q+PR broke that they would tour. I was shocked, but I knew I would not mind seeing those guys live. I think I would have enjoyed it if I did. I wish that lasted longer than it did.
I love Queen. I love Freddie. What is must've taken Freddie to write and sing Bohemian Rhapsody through the years. I don't think that song is a throwaway. I think this is one of the songs that is all or nothing. It rankles me to see it not be sang right. It deserves the best it can get. That's why feel the way I do about it. It's one of the songs by any artist I have passion, emotion for. If AL screwed up let's say FBG, hey no big deal. Bohemian Rhapsody is a big deal for me. I hope AL can get his grips with it.
No hard feelings, mp.

I detest Bon Jovi! They just bore me to my back teeth - every track sounds the bloody same.

And I get the passion concerning Freddie and Bo Rhap, I really do. I spent my teenage years being beaten to shit whilst defending Freddie - so, trust me, I know how it feels to feel such passion and love for a singer/band and to have the desire to stand up for them/defend them/praise them. I just don't think Adam messing up the lyrics live is going to do any harm or make any difference to anyone.

And, Icy, of course no hard feelings. We just differ on opinion, that's all...well, at least we agree on Bore Jovi :P

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby icy » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:01 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
icy wrote:That Clarkson fella...can't stand the guy. :lol:
No hard feelings, mp.

I detest Bon Jovi! They just bore me to my back teeth - every track sounds the bloody same.

And I get the passion concerning Freddie and Bo Rhap, I really do. I spent my teenage years being beaten to shit whilst defending Freddie - so, trust me, I know how it feels to feel such passion and love for a singer/band and to have the desire to stand up for them/defend them/praise them. I just don't think Adam messing up the lyrics live is going to do any harm or make any difference to anyone.

And, Icy, of course no hard feelings. We just differ on opinion, that's all...well, at least we agree on Bore Jovi :P

Hey, we still can agree on things, even if it's our dislike of Bon Jovi. :lol:
I just think of all the songs to have him mess up... Bohemian Rhapsody is not the song that it can covered up quickly or easily. I noticed him getting it wrong right away, but I thought it might've been nerves, first night of the tour and all that. Three nights in a row, and the same place...it's something else. He could be just be fooling around with it, but with this particular song isn't the time or place, IMO. It sticks out like a sore thumb.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby eiricd » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:34 am

cjhill wrote:Must be an autocue problem.

Anyway autocue is cheating, it's pretty much karaoke and what makes it worse is Adam auditioned BR on American Idol so clearly knows the words.

makes perfect sense to me - I think I coined the phrase "karaoke kid" back when this all started :)

eiricd
The Show Must Go On

Postby eiricd » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:41 am

lambert is a hired gun. the least he should do is learn the words. problems with obscure deep cuts I could comprehend (remember when he didn't know Brian's name? :) :) )- but the most iconic song of all time, by anyone?
do your f**** job, man...

to suggest that he is an equal to bri and rog is hilarious.
if the couch was his idea, it just goes to show that bri and rog are getting senile in their advanced age.

eiricd
The Show Must Go On

PreviousNext

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert