04/11/2017 - Sportarena, Budapest Hungary

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Re: 04/11/2017 - Sportarena, Budapest Hungary

Postby musicalprostitute » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:14 pm

eiricd wrote:lambert is a hired gun. the least he should do is learn the words. problems with obscure deep cuts I could comprehend (remember when he didn't know Brian's name? :) :) )- but the most iconic song of all time, by anyone?
do your f**** job, man...

to suggest that he is an equal to bri and rog is hilarious.
if the couch was his idea, it just goes to show that bri and rog are getting senile in their advanced age.

But he is clearly not a hired gun though, is he? Brian has already stated that he (Lambert) has a big say in everything they do on tour, from song choices to the appearance of the stage: a 'hired gun' is not going to have a say in anything at all.

Regards forgetting the words to BR? It is unfortunate, but he is only human; Freddie forgot the words to the songs he actually penned. It happens to anyone.

Thing is, some take to him, some don't...and opinions, as we know, are just like arseholes. But, when we deal with the actual facts then no one can argue that this collaboration has not been a success. I would never attend a QAL show (not my thing), but I love the thought that this music is still living and breathing and bringing happiness to people's lives again. I cannot see one negative aspect to any of this.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby Echoplex » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:26 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
eiricd wrote:lambert is a hired gun. the least he should do is learn the words. problems with obscure deep cuts I could comprehend (remember when he didn't know Brian's name? :) :) )- but the most iconic song of all time, by anyone?
do your f**** job, man...

to suggest that he is an equal to bri and rog is hilarious.
if the couch was his idea, it just goes to show that bri and rog are getting senile in their advanced age.

But he is clearly not a hired gun though, is he? Brian has already stated that he (Lambert) has a big say in everything they do on tour, from song choices to the appearance of the stage: a 'hired gun' is not going to have a say in anything at all.

Regards forgetting the words to BR? It is unfortunate, but he is only human; Freddie forgot the words to the songs he actually penned. It happens to anyone.

Thing is, some take to him, some don't...and opinions, as we know, are just like arseholes. But, when we deal with the actual facts then no one can argue that this collaboration has not been a success. I would never attend a QAL show (not my thing), but I love the thought that this music is still living and breathing and bringing happiness to people's lives again. I cannot see one negative aspect to any of this.

Great reply. It's a shame that so many of the "Freddie" fans and people who just don't agree with this lineup have to spout so much hate directed at the person Brian and Roger obviously enjoy working with.

Echoplex
Spread Your Wings

Postby musicalprostitute » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:35 pm

Echoplex wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:

Great reply. It's a shame that so many of the "Freddie" fans and people who just don't agree with this lineup have to spout so much hate directed at the person Brian and Roger obviously enjoy working with.

Well, I would definitely class myself as one of the biggest Freddie fans I know (I have slept, ate and drank anything Mercury for the biggest part of my life), but I am secure enough in the knowledge that there was only one Freddie Mercury to know that whatever Brian and Roger decide to do - and with whomever - it will not make any difference to what has gone before.

I like seeing them out there happy and full of beans. And I love the fact that this music is still very much in the present in a live setting. No, I am not a fan of Adam or QAL (and I have never professed to be), but - as I stated earlier - I cannot see one negative thing about their collaboration. And if watching clips on youtube of them performing annoyed me in any way, I would simply not watch them anymore.

I get some fans being protective over Freddie. I truly do. I get that some others concern themselves over the legacy of the band (although, nothing is going to tarnish that anyway, imho). I just don't get any of the hate. Sure, don't like QAL/Adam (I don't like some of Roger's solo output and I'm a Queen fan, ffs!) if you wish, but slating him/them at every opportunity just for the sake of doing so seems OTT and...well....pointless.

I like the lad. I find him respectful and sweet, seemingly kind-natured, courteous and full of life. I do not dig his voice or his stage antics at all, but I am happy for those who do. The way I see it, I can continue to enjoy the music and concerts of my band (via all the archive releases, etc.) whilst this new incarnation is still playing live and bringing in more fans all the time. It's a win win.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby hotspace1966 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:10 pm

Perfectly put point of view...

hotspace1966
Spread Your Wings

Postby vfldotl » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:21 pm

Check out my Instagram-Profile for some photos of the concert.

I loved it and it was really worth the travel from Germany to Hungary!

https://www.instagram.com/westschinken/

vfldotl
Spread Your Wings

Postby Nicki79 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:30 pm

Here is a link to video of „Somebody to love“. It’s an example of how Brian, Adam and Roger work together at these gigs. Plus, it’s great to get a chance to see Roger drumming in a close-up video.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SMnwvCfb9kY

Nicki79
Spread Your Wings

Postby musicalprostitute » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:39 pm

Nicki79 wrote:Here is a link to video of „Somebody to love“. It’s an example of how Brian, Adam and Roger work together at these gigs. Plus, it’s great to get a chance to see Roger drumming in a close-up video.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SMnwvCfb9kY

See, now this is a perfect example of why I cannot watch QAL that much. I mean, he can sing the songs wonderfully (apart from the warbling!), but the very scripted and very cheesy introduction to this song makes me queasy and ruins the whole affair. And, yes, I know Brian and Roger are part of this too: it is not just Adam - they are all happy about it.

Shame. I just think it takes something away from the performance...but then I am a miserable twat. :P

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Nicki79 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:51 pm

Yes, it’s cheesy, but it’s „only“ half scripted. Brian‘s sentence with being a „father figure“ to Adam was new. And so was Adam‘s reaction. Also the part of the Hungarian food. They’re at least trying to change it up a bit every time, like it or not. :lol:
And I do love it, because it’s the only time in the whole concert, when they both talk to each other and the audiences. So, there isn’t more than that.

Here is another vid of „Under pressure“, filmed by the same guy. You see mostly Roger!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut-i1cdcBzI

And since it‘s the only new song addition and a very good video it: „Whataya want from me“. It has a new guitar solo by Brian and really nice 3D visuals of the band. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd1BtFDc9CY

Nicki79
Spread Your Wings

Previous

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert