19/21/22 November 2017 - Scandinavia

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

19/21/22 November 2017 - Scandinavia

Postby AngelR » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:45 am

Helsinki today!

AngelR
We Will Rock You

Re: 19/21/22 November 2017 - Scandinavia

Postby cjhill » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:24 pm

The band seem to be pretty well oiled after a shaky start.

Still hoping for them to add 'It's Late' and/or 'Spread Your Wings' to the setlist in time for the UK leg but not holding out much hope.

Must be hard, with the list of songs they have to choose from, to strike the balance between playing the songs the general public want to hear along with some of the ones more of us hardcore fans want to hear.

Of the current list the ones outside the 'greatest hits' list IMHO include...

SCC (played in recent tours)
HTF (mayyyybe)
Bike Race (new to this tour)
IILWMC (new to this tour but played with Paul Rodgrs)
GDML (new to this tour
WYWFM (AL song so doesnt count)
WWTLF (But played in recent tours)

Personally would have like to have seen IL or SYW in there instead of AKOM. It's a bit samey but all the time it aint broke (i.e. they are selling tickets, people are singing/cheering) they aint going to fix it.

I remember the gig at Wembley in 2015 they added Dragon Attack and The Show Must Go On which was a nice surprise.

cjhill
Spread Your Wings

Postby AngelR » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:58 pm

21/11/2017 - Friends Arena, Stockholm
WC: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/f ... 1=239&ah=2

Streamers:
mixlr.com/mimmikki/
mixlr.com/miachihu/

AngelR
We Will Rock You

Postby statoil^ » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:25 am

Gig in Stockholm was ok. I would say 3,5/5.

Based on:

Arena: 2/5 - Friends Arena is huge, 50000 on football games. Now they had between 33-50% of the arena, approx audience 15000. Sound was not always ok... I only blame Friends Arena. Of all arenas the promoter could choose I would always choose Friends arena last.

Seating: 2/5 - I don't know why it was seats on the floor. I guess it is because of older audience, but I am pretty sure that helped people to not have super fun. More like, u have your place. Stay there and etc. It would be better with standing. Again: not to blame the band. Only Live Nation Sweden.

Setlist 4/5 - Well, if you go and see Queen + Adam Lambert you need to know that it will be many hits. They just have to... In general good setlist. What people don't like is drum solos. They could scratch that, and Brian should stop after Last Horizon. I know many was thinking why they didn't add The Show Must Go On or One Vision there (once again, hits haha!)

Musically 5/5 - Felt the group was having a good time. Thumps up.

Audience (security) - 3/5 .... Hmm.. During some song I saw some people starting to dance, I guess Crazy Little Thing Called Love.. But shortly a security guard came and told them not to dance. I know its good with security, but what the heck?! This is maybe also going under the category "seating".

Anyway, all in all. Very good. Not the first time I saw them.

statoil^
Spread Your Wings

Postby Danne » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:55 am

statoil^ wrote:Gig in Stockholm was ok. I would say 3,5/5.

Based on:

Arena: 2/5 - Friends Arena is huge, 50000 on football games. Now they had between 33-50% of the arena, approx audience 15000. Sound was not always ok... I only blame Friends Arena. Of all arenas the promoter could choose I would always choose Friends arena last.

Seating: 2/5 - I don't know why it was seats on the floor. I guess it is because of older audience, but I am pretty sure that helped people to not have super fun. More like, u have your place. Stay there and etc. It would be better with standing. Again: not to blame the band. Only Live Nation Sweden.

Setlist 4/5 - Well, if you go and see Queen + Adam Lambert you need to know that it will be many hits. They just have to... In general good setlist. What people don't like is drum solos. They could scratch that, and Brian should stop after Last Horizon. I know many was thinking why they didn't add The Show Must Go On or One Vision there (once again, hits haha!)

Musically 5/5 - Felt the group was having a good time. Thumps up.

Audience (security) - 3/5 .... Hmm.. During some song I saw some people starting to dance, I guess Crazy Little Thing Called Love.. But shortly a security guard came and told them not to dance. I know its good with security, but what the heck?! This is maybe also going under the category "seating".

Anyway, all in all. Very good. Not the first time I saw them.

I really, really enjoyed the show a lot, it was probably the best of the three I've seen (with Paul Rodgers once and Adam once before). I've been slightly disappointed with the setlist beforehand (especially when you read the tour program), but during the show I really didn't mind. I happened to be very close to the "tongue" of the stage, so I was really close to the band a lot. From where I stood (I didn't sit much) the sound was fine. The security staff had kind of a bad attitude, I agree, I saw them being rude to a lot of people. Bu overall I was incredibly happy afterwards, a trulyg magical evening.

Danne
Spread Your Wings

Postby freda_bloogs » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:02 pm

If anyone is in Copenhagen tonight, hit me up!

freda_bloogs
Spread Your Wings

Postby AlaRegularis » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:12 am

I attended the show in Stockholm, my first time seeingthe band live. I thought it was brilliant. Great show, great setlist and Adam Lambert does a really good job as a frontman in my opinion. Loved it!

AlaRegularis
Spread Your Wings

Postby AngelR » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:00 pm

AlaRegularis wrote:I attended the show in Stockholm, my first time seeingthe band live. I thought it was brilliant. Great show, great setlist and Adam Lambert does a really good job as a frontman in my opinion. Loved it!

Glad you liked it. There were many people complaining about the sound quality at the arena - depends on where your seat was I guess.

AngelR
We Will Rock You

Postby AlaRegularis » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:03 am

AngelR wrote:
AlaRegularis wrote:I attended the show in Stockholm, my first time seeingthe band live. I thought it was brilliant. Great show, great setlist and Adam Lambert does a really good job as a frontman in my opinion. Loved it!

Glad you liked it. There were many people complaining about the sound quality at the arena - depends on where your seat was I guess.

That's a discussion that's Always been there regarding Friends Arena. From where I sat I thought the sound was great. I've never really had any complaints when seeing shows there, Queen or otherwise.

AlaRegularis
Spread Your Wings

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert