28/11/2017 - Echo Arena, Liverpool

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

28/11/2017 - Echo Arena, Liverpool

Postby AngelR » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:29 pm

Echo Arena Liverpool‏Verified account @EchoArena 2h

Tonight I'm going to have myself a real good time

We’re so excited for @QueenWillRock & @adamlambert tonight.

Here’s the show times if you’re joining us...

Doors Open: 6:30
Show Starts: 8:00

Tonight's streamers:
http://mixlr.com/muffilepardskin/
http://mixlr.com/glambertesque/

AngelR
The Show Must Go On

Re: 28/11/2017 - Echo Arena, Liverpool

Postby soxtalon » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:53 am

So it appears they've dropped Whattaya Want From Me...and instead of AKOM they did Days of Our Lives.

soxtalon
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby icy » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:14 am

soxtalon wrote:So it appears they've dropped Whattaya Want From Me...and instead of AKOM they did Days of Our Lives.

I'm glad DOOL is back, I hope it stays in the set list.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby soxtalon » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:33 am

It won't. It'll alternate with AKOM if history holds true

soxtalon
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Jimi » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:46 pm

It should stay in.
AKOM is just average

Jimi
Spread Your Wings

Postby AngelR » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:51 pm

soxtalon wrote:It won't. It'll alternate with AKOM if history holds true

It's all nice but TSMGO should be played instead of these two songs - it's just so powerful and personal at the same time!
Anyway, it seems like there's no hope for It's Late or SYW to return..... :?

AngelR
The Show Must Go On

Postby AngelR » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:19 pm

Queen and Adam Lambert put on a five star night in Liverpool http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-on ... ar_twitter

AngelR
The Show Must Go On

Postby musicalprostitute » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:36 pm

AngelR wrote:

It's all nice but TSMGO should be played instead of these two songs - it's just so powerful and personal at the same time!

TSMGO has to be one of the very finest tracks in their entire catalogue - beautiful, haunting, emotional and full of passion...

...it is one of those songs that remind me just why I love this band as much as I do. :)

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby icy » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:29 pm

AngelR wrote:

Yes, cause DOOL isn't powerful or personal :sarcasm:
I'm glad DOOL is back, no better way to pay tribute to Freddie and John. I really felt the shows were lacking without it.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby AngelR » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:27 pm

icy wrote:
AngelR wrote:

Yes, cause DOOL isn't powerful or personal :sarcasm:
I'm glad DOOL is back, no better way to pay tribute to Freddie and John. I really felt the shows were lacking without it.

Yes, in my opinion not as powerful as TSMGO, no comparison. Maybe nostalgic? I was lucky to experience all these songs x 3 times over the last tours and would prefer something 'new' to be honest. SYW would be a better tribute to John and would fit the NOTW celebration. The whole show is a tribute to Freddie anyway....Looking forward to seeing them again in 2 weeks time regardless.

AngelR
The Show Must Go On

Postby AngelR » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:10 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
AngelR wrote:

TSMGO has to be one of the very finest tracks in their entire catalogue - beautiful, haunting, emotional and full of passion...

...it is one of those songs that remind me just why I love this band as much as I do. :)

TSMGO is ingenious, out of this world masterpiece. Brian sang it 'with us' in 2012 at Hammersmith Appolo. :D I will always cherish this moment:
phpBB [video]

AngelR
The Show Must Go On

Postby icy » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:19 pm

AngelR wrote:Yes, in my opinion not as powerful as TSMGO, no comparison. Maybe nostalgic? I was lucky to experience all these songs x 3 times over the last tours and would prefer something 'new' to be honest. SYW would be a better tribute to John and would fit the NOTW celebration. The whole show is a tribute to Freddie anyway....Looking forward to seeing them again in 2 weeks time regardless.

Yea, I think the two songs can be compared. Both are full of emotion, IMO.
I have been hoping for months DOOL would have returned to the set list. I can imagine it's a bittersweet song to sing, but it's one of the most important Q songs ever. I cried watching it yesterday, Roger and Brian doing it is stunning.
If anything, there should be more shown of Freddie and John.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby Pingu » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:42 pm

So.
Went to this one.
It was absolutely terrific.

Better than the last 2 times I caught them. Better setlist, a bit less showbiz, simpler.

Walked right to the front pretty much and couldn't believe quite how close I was to the action.

Weirdly because of the catwalk and where I was, a lot of the show had Bri or Adam out of sight, so I got to watch Rog and the band a lot.. which was ace.

There's no way I'd bother trying to sell Adam to anyone, even though I'm kind of ambivalent myself. But I'd say TBH he nails it and is a lot more engaging/charismatic in person than on a youtube video. More of a stage performer I guess, which can look way OTT on screen.
If you hate his voice, fine. Actually, in an arena gig, there's a lot of noise so I found rather than obsessively focussing on Adam, I was listening to the whole band. I'd say that makes a difference too. On a youtube vid you just focus on the voice.. but in a gig, there's also guitars and drums being played very loud right in front of you, so you listen to the whole. It's a very different experience. If that makes sense.

A highlight for me - getting to see IILWMC with Rog drumming and singing, at last. And the direct segue into GDML ala Live Killers was great.

The visuals and lights were amazing. Loved the lasers and rainbows for WWTLF.

I won't go on. Just that personally it was the best Queen (or Bri/Rog) live I've experienced since the Tribute. Being at the front made for a real lifetime memory, seeing the boys up close, without screens etc. The sound was fantastic, the backing vox (including Spike and Neil) top notch. Neither Rog or Brian betray the fact they're aged 69-70. They've still got it.

Seemed odd to me to see Queen (+) live in the flesh and see virtually no mentions of it here. Think with so few new members this board is rather defunct regarding current live activities I guess, but it is what it is.

Pingu
We Will Rock You

Postby AngelR » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:57 pm

Pingu wrote:So.
Went to this one.
It was absolutely terrific.

Better than the last 2 times I caught them. Better setlist, a bit less showbiz, simpler.

Walked right to the front pretty much and couldn't believe quite how close I was to the action.

Weirdly because of the catwalk and where I was, a lot of the show had Bri or Adam out of sight, so I got to watch Rog and the band a lot.. which was ace.

There's no way I'd bother trying to sell Adam to anyone, even though I'm kind of ambivalent myself. But I'd say TBH he nails it and is a lot more engaging/charismatic in person than on a youtube video. More of a stage performer I guess, which can look way OTT on screen.
If you hate his voice, fine. Actually, in an arena gig, there's a lot of noise so I found rather than obsessively focussing on Adam, I was listening to the whole band. I'd say that makes a difference too. On a youtube vid you just focus on the voice.. but in a gig, there's also guitars and drums being played very loud right in front of you, so you listen to the whole. It's a very different experience. If that makes sense.

A highlight for me - getting to see IILWMC with Rog drumming and singing, at last. And the direct segue into GDML ala Live Killers was great.

The visuals and lights were amazing. Loved the lasers and rainbows for WWTLF.

I won't go on. Just that personally it was the best Queen (or Bri/Rog) live I've experienced since the Tribute. Being at the front made for a real lifetime memory, seeing the boys up close, without screens etc. The sound was fantastic, the backing vox (including Spike and Neil) top notch. Neither Rog or Brian betray the fact they're aged 69-70. They've still got it.

Seemed odd to me to see Queen (+) live in the flesh and see virtually no mentions of it here. Think with so few new members this board is rather defunct regarding current live activities I guess, but it is what it is.

Thanks for you review. Some fans prefer not to post here to avoid all the negativity I guess.
I'm trying not to watch full videos of the new show or listen to the streams. Hard to believe they could outdo their 2015 tour as it was just brilliant - but everyone reckons it's the case, social media buzzing.
What time did you start queueing up to be so close? I'm planning to get to the Arena at about 3 pm :D

AngelR
The Show Must Go On

Postby Pingu » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:47 pm

Got there at 7 believe it or not, doors were already open at 6.30 and had to queue for a while with security checks etc. Show advertised start was at 8 though it was about 10 minutes late in the end. I wasn't dead front or centre tbh, but it was only about 3 or 4 people deep, and even they were stood around quite spaced out.
So don't quote me but I think at 3 you'll be more than fine :) when I picked up my tickets at 3.30 there was a queue of maybe 30 people already camped out (and playing Live Magic on a speaker). It was absolutely FREEZING. They either made the very front row or ended up in A&E with hypothermia..

Pingu
We Will Rock You

Next

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert