Queen + AL to tour again Summer 2018?

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Re: Queen + AL to tour again Summer 2018?

Postby JLP » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:38 pm

Or maybe you could point me to a greatest rock vocalist of all time poll where your boy ranks alongside the likes of Paul Rodgers.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby CNB » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:51 pm

JLP wrote:
CNB wrote:It’s pretty funny how the people who have never attended a glorious and magnificent QAL show think THEY know all about what it is like! LOLOL

MP, it is nothing whatsoever like GLEE! And Adam can sing rock with the best of them, including Paul Rodgers!

Don't be ridiculous. Paul Rodgers is widely acknowledged as one of the greatest rock and blues vocalists ever. Or are you comparing the gigs you have seen with QAL with the QPR gigs you did not go to? Because if you are, well we know what your thoughts are on people commentating oggigs they did not attend.

Right! I have never seen Paul perform live and you have never seen Adam perform live so I guess we are even! Paul was appearing at an outdoor venue in my area a couple of summers ago and I wanted to see him but I had something else to do that day!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby JLP » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:56 pm

Aha but I have not commented on any of the QAL gigs as I have not seen any clips. Except to say I felt it unprofessional to fuck up the same song three nights running.

I heard Lambert trying to sing a Led Zeppelin classic and it was painful. Other than that, nothing. But maybe if and when he puts out a credible rock album, you might have a case.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Postby CNB » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:00 pm

It’s not a poll but this one from 2015 is interesting:

http://www.billboard.com/photos/6721847 ... f-all-time
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby fairydandy » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:05 pm

CNB wrote:It’s not a poll but this one from 2015 is interesting:

In what way is it interesting?

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby CNB » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:09 pm

Adam didn’t fuck up BoRhap. He sang the lyrics out of sequence and it was not noticeable except to the Queen experts in this Forum who weren’t even there.
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby JLP » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:09 pm

Not really sure what your point is. Several of those are not front men or women in a group.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Postby JLP » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:12 pm

CNB wrote:Adam didn’t fuck up BoRhap. He sang the lyrics out of sequence and it was not noticeable except to the Queen experts in this Forum who weren’t even there.

He sang it out of sequence? Same to me as fucking it up. And totally unprofessional as I said at the time. Which I also said some be the same for anyone bolloxing up the same song three nights in a row.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Postby CNB » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:13 pm

fairydandy wrote:

In what way is it interesting?

Because they included men AND women. BTW neither Paul (nor Adam) are in that list!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby CNB » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:24 pm

Adam singing “Whole Lotta Love” was so “painful” that he sang it over 100 times as part of his encore in his debut worldwide Glam Nation tour in 2010. LOL
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby fairydandy » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:49 pm

CNB wrote:
Because they included men AND women. BTW neither Paul (nor Adam) are in that list!

Adam Lambert will never appear on a list of 'best frontmen', CNB. I think it's generally accepted that he has a fair sort of a voice for musical theatre and X Factor type shows, but as a front man, there is absolutely nothing about him at all. Of course, the fans will clap him and laugh with him and you will take that as a positive sign, but they are just being respectful. For the most part, he's really embarrassingly bad and so childishly crude.

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby CNB » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:54 pm

fairydandy wrote:
CNB wrote:

Adam Lambert will never appear on a list of 'best frontmen', CNB. I think it's generally accepted that he has a fair sort of a voice for musical theatre and X Factor type shows, but as a front man, there is absolutely nothing about him at all. Of course, the fans will clap him and laugh with him and you will take that as a positive sign, but they are just being respectful. For the most part, he's really embarrassingly bad and so childishly crude.

Go see QAL at Wembley Stadium this summer and then tell me what you think of Adam singing Queen music!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby snifflese » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:05 pm

Here is a list, people. I couldn't remember the name of the site where they music geeks were always chatting and listing things. It is DDD digital dreamdoor. I had read about it when I followed American Idol and it was always very interesting and informative. These dudes can pick out any note and their musical knowledge is amazing! They talk about each individual note and get really into the vocal aspect as a voice teacher would. They know their stuff!

Here is their list of the top 100 singers:
https://digitaldreamdoor.com/pages/best_vocalists.html

Adam is actually #30. Paul Rogers is 25, I believe, probably because he has been around forever! I love the singers that have the higher voices and can belt out those melodic shrieks at the end. Queen's music is not the kind of stuff that Rogers sings. He is so far removed from Freddie's voice that I find it hard to think that you appreciate him singing Queen's music! Roger's voice is much lower, not very melodic and he can't hit too any of the stratospheric notes. There is no resemblance to Freddie's voice and for me, that means he can't do a good job of singing Queen's catalog. He may be great for a more bluesy,raspy kind of rock,( which I don't like, but many do!) and isn't the sound that you associate with Queen! I find the preference baffling! There are some credible folks out there that are not so anti Adam's voice, FD. Cabaret and musical theater was not the category of this list. It says Rock Singers!!

Also, I was at the last QAL concert and people did not leave during Adam's song! You shouldn't tell tales if it is not true and it wasn't. It is a quirky kind of different song and it garnered applause and no great exodus. I talked to folks around me and folks after and people seemed to like it. It is kind of out of the box which would include a lot of Queen music. I also loved Brian's solo where people also "visit the loo". More fake news!!!

snifflese
Spread Your Wings

Postby fairydandy » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:09 pm

CNB wrote:
Go see QAL at Wembley Stadium this summer and then tell me what you think of Adam singing Queen music!

It's not going to happen. I'm genuinely dis-interested in it. It's a shame that they don't have a singer that I like, because a day out at Wembley could be fun in summer.

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby fairydandy » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:11 pm

snifflese wrote:Here is a list, people. I couldn't remember the name of the site where they music geeks were always chatting and listing things. It is DDD digital dreamdoor. I had read about it when I followed American Idol and it was always very interesting and informative. These dudes can pick out any note and their musical knowledge is amazing! They talk about each individual note and get really into the vocal aspect as a voice teacher would. They know their stuff!

Here is their list of the top 100 singers:
https://digitaldreamdoor.com/pages/best_vocalists.html

Adam is actually #30. Paul Rogers is 25, I believe, probably because he has been around forever! I love the singers that have the higher voices and can belt out those melodic shrieks at the end. Queen's music is not the kind of stuff that Rogers sings. He is so far removed from Freddie's voice that I find it hard to think that you appreciate him singing Queen's music! Roger's voice is much lower, not very melodic and he can't hit too any of the stratospheric notes. There is no resemblance to Freddie's voice and for me, that means he can't do a good job of singing Queen's catalog. He may be great for a more bluesy,raspy kind of rock,( which I don't like, but many do!) and isn't the sound that you associate with Queen! I find the preference baffling! There are some credible folks out there that are not so anti Adam's voice, FD. Cabaret and musical theater was not the category of this list. It says Rock Singers!!

Also, I was at the last QAL concert and people did not leave during Adam's song! You shouldn't tell tales if it is not true and it wasn't. It is a quirky kind of different song and it garnered applause and no great exodus. I talked to folks around me and folks after and people seemed to like it. It is kind of out of the box which would include a lot of Queen music. I also loved Brian's solo where people also "visit the loo". More fake news!!!

It can say what it likes. Adam Lambert is not a rock singer.

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

PreviousNext

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert