Queen + AL to tour again Summer 2018?

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Queen + AL to tour again Summer 2018?

Postby slightlymad1970 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:54 pm

Apparently it's being reported in Israel that Q+AL will return to Hayarkon Park in Tel Aviv next summer! They played there in 2016 to a crowd of 85,000!

Let the rumours begin :-D Wembley Stadium Anyone? :-D

slightlymad1970
We Will Rock You

Re: Queen + AL to tour again Summer 2018?

Postby adatr » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:46 pm

I had on stage vip tickets at Manchester

I asked a member of queen productions is the tour ending after New Zealand and Aus and I got a smirk saying the summer could be busy !!!!

adatr
Spread Your Wings

Postby AlexKx » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:56 pm

I wish they would record a studio l.p.! :?

AlexKx
The Show Must Go On

Postby AlaRegularis » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:44 am

I wouldn't mind another go 'round!

AlaRegularis
Spread Your Wings

Postby julymorning » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:36 am

They've invited Queen Extravaganza back for a Greatest Hits ( :roll: ) tour, at least in the U.K., for Nov., Dec., 2018. So, I expect if the Queen+Al show repeat, it'll probably have to be early Summer.
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

This is probably as good as it gets.

Postby deakysghost » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:51 am

I’d guess that we are more likely to see a May / Ellis theatre tour in 2018 and no Queen+ activity until 2019 if ever again.....we still await that John Deacon solo tour!!!

deakysghost
Spread Your Wings

Postby CNB » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:17 am

The show must go on !!!!!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby adatr » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:06 am

adatr
Spread Your Wings

Postby musicalprostitute » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:52 pm

It wouldn't surprise me if these are to be the last ever QAL - and, indeed, Queen+ anyone - shows. Brian was really feeling the strain by the end of the UK stint and he is 71 next year...it cannot go on for much longer. And they could be closing their live chapter at Wembley Stadium - seems fitting.

They may do a couple of intimate gigs in the future, but I think these big ones will finish next year. Whatever, they have had a bloody good run.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby icy » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:17 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:It wouldn't surprise me if these are to be the last ever QAL - and, indeed, Queen+ anyone - shows. Brian was really feeling the strain by the end of the UK stint and he is 71 next year...it cannot go on for much longer. And they could be closing their live chapter at Wembley Stadium - seems fitting.

They may do a couple of intimate gigs in the future, but I think these big ones will finish next year. Whatever, they have had a bloody good run.

It would not surprise me either honestly. After having watching videos from the recent tour, much of it looked like things were struggling a bit. Like going through the motions to a degree.
As a Queen fan I always have the hope of Brian and Roger doing a storytellers or unplugged type of gig or a few gigs in that vein. I'm don't think that would be to strenuous for Brian and Roger to do it that way. That to me would be a good way of closing the Q + live chapters, IMO.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby snifflese » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:02 pm

Icy! If you had been there, you would have realized there was no struggling. I am not sure how you got that idea. There were tons of people posting who went to several of the European concerts and they said they were wonderful. The light show was amazing, they looked like they had great fun together and they just jell at this point. A couple of botched lyrics for a few shows doesn't equal struggling, although I am sure you would prefer to see it that way.
There is a famous opera coach who went to the last show and her assessment was that the harmonies have come together in an amazing way and that they sounded better than they had in years. People were thrilled with Frank and the set list. Unless you are a die hard Queen fan most people are happy with the hits! I saw this show here in Ct this year and thought it far outstripped the 2014 show I saw. The videos looked even better from the European tour. Adam sounded as strong or stronger at the end of the tour than he did at the beginning. Seems like it was extremely successful to me. The fact someone didn't like that a couple of songs were different than they thought does not mean that it was a struggling show. If they plan to tour next year, it must have made lots of money or they wouldn't be doing it again!

snifflese
Spread Your Wings

Postby musicalprostitute » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:22 pm

icy wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:It wouldn't surprise me if these are to be the last ever QAL - and, indeed, Queen+ anyone - shows. Brian was really feeling the strain by the end of the UK stint and he is 71 next year...it cannot go on for much longer. And they could be closing their live chapter at Wembley Stadium - seems fitting.

It would not surprise me either honestly. After having watching videos from the recent tour, much of it looked like things were struggling a bit. Like going through the motions to a degree.
As a Queen fan I always have the hope of Brian and Roger doing a storytellers or unplugged type of gig or a few gigs in that vein. I'm don't think that would be to strenuous for Brian and Roger to do it that way. That to me would be a good way of closing the Q + live chapters, IMO.

I have always wanted them to do a televised intimate gig (like the Storytellers thing, with some chat about the songs and various singers); I know there was talk some years back of them doing a televised performance (I think on ITV here in the UK) with other singers and a celebrity audience...but, as is common with Queen it did not happen.

I think finish off the big shows next year and then do a televised gig with various performers (Adam included for obvious reasons).

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby musicalprostitute » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:27 pm

snifflese wrote:There is a famous opera coach who went to the last show and her assessment was that the harmonies have come together in an amazing way and that they sounded better than they had in years... If they plan to tour next year, it must have made lots of money or they wouldn't be doing it again!

So who is this famous opera coach out of interest? She must be a Queen fan to some extent if she was comparing harmonies over the years (and I very much doubt this person saw Queen, just Queen + whoever in recent years) - any link to this statement?

Plus, I really do not think the money aspect has anything to do with them gigging again: they have made millions and millions over the years; I think it is more to do with how happy they are working with each other and the fact that they know they are on borrowed time regarding live performances.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby snifflese » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:50 pm

Her name is Angelina Kalahari and she is a friend of Cassie on Adamtopia who is a vocal coach and always has wonderful insights into Adam's voice and singing in general. I just read Angelina's bio, which I had never done, and it sounds like she an author, operatic soprano and is very involved in music and story telling. I have heard a couple of her podcasts, Maybe opera coach is a stretch, but that is how she is always portrayed on Adamtopia. I assume if she is an opera soprano she must know quite a bit. She has comparisons of different opera singers and how their voices compare to Adams. She feels he could have been an amazing Opera tenor had he chosen to do that. She sounds very knowledgeable to me and Cassie is always spot on. From both of their perspectives they felt the singing is better than ever! What kind of Queen fan they are, I have no idea. I would guess a musical ear can hear a lot more about harmonies that the average individual and I know they have both been listening to all the shows from a musical perspective (both taped and live at the venues) and would be well aware of the evolution of the singing over the last 5 years. I bow to their expertise. I have listened to QAL music since the inception and to me also, they sound better and tighter than ever. Because of that and the fact that Adam sings so effortlessly, I guess some folks think it is too much of a show and not an emotional event. To each his own, I guess. I see nothing wrong with a well choreographed show, but it seems offensive to some.

snifflese
Spread Your Wings

Postby Nicki79 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:07 pm

icy wrote:

It could always be the last tour, but from the last gigs I attended (very last was Wembley), I didn’t get the impression, that they will end the collaboration soon. They were tight, singing and playing was great ( other than Brian being a bit sick) and they really seemed to enjoy every minute. Especially Roger seemed very happy, you could see and feel is joy, jumping just for fun after UP or singing AKOM. All in all, I don’t believe, the rumoured tour would be the end.
Plus, I would imagine, that if they really wanted go out with a big concert, wouldn’t they announce it even earlier?
So, whatever will be, will be! Have a great 2018! Happy New Year!

Nicki79
Spread Your Wings

Next

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert