Queen + AL to tour again Summer 2018?

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Re: Queen + AL to tour again Summer 2018?

Postby Echoplex » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:14 pm

Nicki79 wrote:
icy wrote:
Echoplex wrote:Over on Queenzone the source that broke the (unconfirmed) UK stadium shows this summer is now claiming John Deacon will be part of it!

Not gonna happen apparently, that poster was pulling some legs about John.

I saw that as well. And now I really doubt, that there is any truth to the rumor he spread about the stadium tour.

It does cast a doubt on the whole thing and makes the original poster ( on that site) look like a complete twat

Echoplex
Spread Your Wings

Postby The Milkman » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:41 pm

CNB wrote:
JLP wrote:
CNB wrote:I’m very aware of and have seen the Freddie Mercury Tribute concert with Elton, George Michael, David Bowie, Def Leppard, Axl Rose, et al.

But as you are very happy to say to others, unless you were there...........

Exactly!!!!! As I’ve been telling YOU and others now for over 6 years, you cannot experience the full impact and beauty of a live concert from watching a video. I would never try to tell you how amazing George Michael was at that concert. But somehow you and others “know” that Adam sucks even though you’ve never heard him shattering Arena rafters in person!!!! :-P. :lol:

CNB,

You and I saw the same U2 tour and you thought it was wonderful. I thought it sucked and I will never pay money to see them again. I know enough about Adam to know that I would never like him in concert. I don't have to waste any money to confirm that. Adam turns a lot of people off with his antics and his "rock" voice. You and your fellow Glamberts will never be able to sell him to those people no matter how hard you try. Two labels have tried to make him a star but he's just a C-lister at best. Sam Smith is selling because people like his voice and his music. Adam wasn't that lucky.
Being offended is a small price to pay for the right to free speech.

The Milkman
Somebody To Love

Postby CNB » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:51 pm

Right! It’s a matter of taste because I absolutely can’t stand Sam’s falsetto voice and stiff stage presence but for some strange reason people buy his forlorn music!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby The Milkman » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:55 pm

CNB wrote:Right! It’s a matter of taste because I absolutely can’t stand Sam’s falsetto voice and stiff stage presence but for some strange reason people buy his forlorn music!

It's all about taste! No one is trying to sell Sam to you and no one cares if you don't like him. If you went to one of his concerts you wouldn't change your mind about him.
Last edited by The Milkman on Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Milkman
Somebody To Love

Postby dave4343palace » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:59 pm

CNB wrote:
JLP wrote:
CNB wrote:I’m very aware of and have seen the Freddie Mercury Tribute concert with Elton, George Michael, David Bowie, Def Leppard, Axl Rose, et al.

But as you are very happy to say to others, unless you were there...........

Exactly!!!!! As I’ve been telling YOU and others now for over 6 years, you cannot experience the full impact and beauty of a live concert from watching a video. I would never try to tell you how amazing George Michael was at that concert. But somehow you and others “know” that Adam sucks even though you’ve never heard him shattering Arena rafters in person!!!! :-P. :lol:

I really can't understand YOUR logic. To use your terminology, I know that Lambert sucks cos I've seen him with Q+AL many times, whereas your opinions are largely formed on watching videos and crap streams, having only bothered to actually go and see them live three times despite your weird and creepy adoration of Lambert.

dave4343palace
Spread Your Wings

Postby The Milkman » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:04 pm

dave4343palace wrote:I really can't understand YOUR logic. To use your terminology, I know that Lambert sucks cos I've seen him with Q+AL many times, whereas your opinions are largely formed on watching videos and crap streams, having only bothered to actually go and see them live three times despite your weird and creepy adoration of Lambert.

Glambert logic is not the same as our logic. :lol:

The Milkman
Somebody To Love

Postby CNB » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:53 pm

I saw Adam live at his Glam Nation solo tour in 2010 and was totally mesmerized by his charisma and voice. Went to two more live shows that summer!

It’s true I didn’t fly all over the world to see the QAL shows like some people have done, but I did drive 500 miles to see them twice in 2014. I was lucky they came to my town last year. Their show is so wonderful that’s why I follow along on live streams with other people who sign in and chat from all over the world. We are lucky that today’s technology allows us to do that!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby JLP » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:32 pm

I would walk 500 miles
And I would walk 500 more
Just to be the man
Who walked a thousand miles
To avoid these gigs.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby CNB » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:42 pm

JLP wrote:I would walk 500 miles
Just to be the man
To avoid these gigs.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I’d love to be there when you eat those words! :)
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby JLP » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:48 pm

CNB wrote:
JLP wrote:I would walk 500 miles
Just to be the man
To avoid these gigs.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I’d love to be there when you eat those words! :)

Surprised you know the song
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby dave4343palace » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:15 pm

Icy - sorry for delay in replying to your questions and sorry to everyone else if the answers bore them!

What has been your favorite live Q+PR and Q+AL moments?

For Q+PR, I think it would be the Brixton gig just because of the excitement and anticipation. And the Hyde Park concert… by that point at the end of the European tour, they were very polished, and the climax to the set of TSMGO, Alright Now, Bo Rhap, WWRY and WATC was just electric that night.

For Q+AL, it would be Wembley 2015, Cologne 2016 and Dallas 2017 as we had onstage tickets and each experience was magical. I also thought the whole band was particularly good at Wembley Arena last month, despite Brian’s illness.

Do you like Q+PR or Q+AL more? And why?

Q+PR. Obviously only my opinion, but I much prefer Paul Rodgers’ voice, the set lists were more interesting with the PR songs and the band came over as an organic act without everything being staged. Also, the concerts seemed longer which allowed Brian and Roger to have more time ‘at the front’ for stuff like 39, Say Its Not True etc as well as Bijou etc.

Do you wish Q+AL dug deeper in the Queen catalogue?

Absolutely, but to be fair they have actually introduced some deeper cuts which I haven’t been lucky enough to see live, such as Born to Love You and more recently Its Late and Spread Your Wings which I was desperate to be reintroduced by the time I got to the gigs last year. Thought Love Kills and Save Me were excellent and can’t understand why two or three songs like those above couldn’t be rotated in the set list, rather than just IAKOM and TATDOOLS. Would love to have had more from Innuendo, such as Innuendo and Headlong… and TSMGO should be included in every setlist as far as I’m concerned.

There’s a lot of other songs they have previously performed with AL like Dragon Attack, One Vision, Hero, WWRY fast and Seven Seas that they could’ve have intermingled now and again into the last tour. So although they’ll never be able to really please us old fans that want album tracks, IMO they have successfully performed enough songs over 2012-17 to keep everyone happy… but they haven’t varied them enough night by night on each tour to keep things as fresh as they could've been.

Which Queen songs did you love, like and possibly dislike PR and AL singing?

PR: the rock songs in particular. I enjoyed things like CLTCL but much less than say, TYMD that blew the roof off!
AL: When AL turns them into a joke, I use songs like Bicycle Race and Killer Queen for the toilet/bar run. I think his voice suits WWTLF brilliantly and although incomparable to Wembley 86, I enjoy that immensely. Think the Under Pressure duo is fabulous too.

Which Queen songs would you like to hear/see AL sing?

I really hoped they’d introduce You’re My Best Friend into at least the US set-list, and more Innuendo material as mentioned earlier. But that’s really just because I want to hear them live rather particularly wanting to hear AL sing them… It’s a Hard Life could be interesting with him singing it…

Do you mind the inclusion of the AL and PR solo songs included in the set list?

The inclusion of PR material was actually integral to those concerts for me. After all, Q+PR was originally a collaboration in the true sense of the word, and the initial plan in 2005 was to have 50/50 of Queen and PR material until Paul convinced Brian and Roger that’s not what the audience would want after nineteen years without a ‘Queen’ concert! Bad Company (the song) was a major highlight of the 2008 tour for me – absolutely stunning. And although I never heard it live, Fire and Water on the Super Live in Japan dvd was superb. Alongside the other PR big hitters they performed, his songs were brilliantly ‘Queenified’ live, and although I’ve really enjoyed multiple PR solo + Bad Company gigs I’ve been to post 2008, those same songs have never hit the 2005/2008 heights for me.

For AL, I think it’s only fair that they let him do a song, even though I’d personally prefer the time to be used for an additional Queen track. But its a matter of picking the right song... Only from what I’ve seen on YouTube, I thought Brian and Roger did a great job on Ghost Town. What Do You Want From Me was quite catchy and got an okay reception in Amsterdam last year… but from what I saw of it elsewhere, people flocked to the bar and I am not surprised it was dropped in the UK. The major mistake was Two Fux, which not only was a truly horrific song but was also completely and utterly out of place for so many reasons, not least the introduction – the crowd reception I witnessed every time I saw it performed live was dire.

Who do you think suited Queen's music more, AL or PR?

Personally, PR no doubt. I can’t remotely grasp why some on this board now allude to Q+PR tours in terms of some type of failure… whatever anyone’s PR/AL preference is, apart from overestimating venues on the USA 2006 tour (a forgivable error considering the gap of 24 years to gauge demand!), they sold out exactly the same arenas everywhere else in the world as they have with AL, and when everyone came back a second time in 2008, I witnessed every bit as good an audience response as Q+AL concerts get now.

Without PR falling in their lap in 2005, there would have been no more tours with Brian and Roger… and certainly no Q+AL all those years later.

BUT… when he shuts the fuck up and sings the songs rather than all the other utter nonsense, I really enjoy listening to AL sing a lot of the material. And although I don't agree, I can understand why some would prefer the overall Q+AL experience.. After all, I went to WWRY in London eleven times over the years, loving each and every staged performance, appreciating the theatrics for what they were and witnessing a standing ovation every night.

What was the furthest distance you have travelled to see Q+?

From the UK to Philadelphia and New York in 2014, and to Dallas, Washington and Nashville last year.
Any plans to see Q+AL in the coming weeks?

I can’t afford the Australasia… but I dream of a trip working out the next time they do South America. And I really hope the Wembley Stadium rumour is true. The last music concert I witnessed live there was the Freddie Tribute and although it would be an entirely different occasion, I’d love to see Brian and Roger there again.
Last edited by dave4343palace on Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dave4343palace
Spread Your Wings

Postby dave4343palace » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:24 pm

CNB wrote:I saw Adam live at his Glam Nation solo tour in 2010 and was totally mesmerized by his charisma and voice. Went to two more live shows that summer!

It’s true I didn’t fly all over the world to see the QAL shows like some people have done, but I did drive 500 miles to see them twice in 2014. I was lucky they came to my town last year. Their show is so wonderful that’s why I follow along on live streams with other people who sign in and chat from all over the world. We are lucky that today’s technology allows us to do that!

500 miles, respect. If I were you, I'd leave for the 2019 tour now...
Attachments
CNB 2.jpg

dave4343palace
Spread Your Wings

Postby CNB » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:36 pm

dave4343palace, I’m jealous! Do you own a travel agency?
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby icy » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:47 pm

Thanks for your answers, Dave. Enjoyed reading it, and no it wasn't boring. :D
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby icy » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:54 pm

CNB wrote:Right! It’s a matter of taste because I absolutely can’t stand Sam’s falsetto voice and stiff stage presence but for some strange reason people buy his forlorn music!

Sam's music has connected with people. I dare say say AL will be fortunate if he ever has half the solo career Sam has.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

PreviousNext

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert