Queen + AL to tour again Summer 2018?

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Re: Queen + AL to tour again Summer 2018?

Postby snifflese » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:36 am

We already know how you feel about it. I have read the same post again and again and again between here and Queenzone. It is like Groundhog Day. Find something new to complain about for a change. How many times are you going to post the EXACT SAME THING!!!!

snifflese
Spread Your Wings

Postby icy » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:39 am

snifflese wrote:We already know how you feel about it. I have read the same post again and again and again between here and Queenzone. It is like Groundhog Day. Find something new to complain about for a change. How many times are you going to post the EXACT SAME THING!!!!

I can say it here as well that he messed up the lyrics, firstly because it's a fact he messed it up, secondly, I can and I will state how that came across IMO, thirdly, it's not up to you or almost anyone what I post about here or elsewhere.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby JLP » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:26 am

snifflese wrote:We already know how you feel about it. I have read the same post again and again and again between here and Queenzone. It is like Groundhog Day. Find something new to complain about for a change. How many times are you going to post the EXACT SAME THING!!!!

You might want to take a look at the rules on back seat moderating. She has as much right as anyone else to postwhat she wants to zero you, as long as it remains within the rules and guidelines.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby The Milkman » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:14 pm

snifflese wrote:It may be one person who compiles, but there seemed to have been lots of people contributing and people who seem to ACTUALLY have musical knowledge, not people who just like to trash anything QAL related.

Must be why they think Luther Vandoss is such a great rock singer. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Being offended is a small price to pay for the right to free speech.

The Milkman
Somebody To Love

Postby musicalprostitute » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:02 pm

The Milkman wrote:Hopefully I was the only one to waste any time looking at snifflese's link of the top rock singers. This guy is #44 on the "ROCK" list.

phpBB [video]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Define rock to me please! If Luther is rock than I guess we can say Adam is too. :lol:

:lol: Oh dear. I look forward to Queen topping the top punk group category soon.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby icy » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:06 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
The Milkman wrote:Hopefully I was the only one to waste any time looking at snifflese's link of the top rock singers. This guy is #44 on the "ROCK" list.

phpBB [video]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Define rock to me please! If Luther is rock than I guess we can say Adam is too. :lol:

:lol: Oh dear. I look forward to Queen topping the top punk group category soon.

Now, now. Queen did have SHA just before the punk movement exploded. :biggrin:
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby Nicki79 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:07 pm

icy wrote:
CNB wrote:There have been a couple of people in this forum who have stated their resentment that on the 2017 tour Brian wanted Adam to sing one of his own songs — Two Fux in North America and Whataya Want From Me in EU/UK. I’m sure they did that out of appreciation and for recognition.

I honestly can't figure out why they added AL solo songs at all. GT and WWFM weren't new songs, TF is just a mess of a song and even Brian and Roger couldn't make that more palatable, IMO.
Yea, I guess I do wonder about it especially considering there were so much more Queen songs that could have been given the chance to be played instead.

? Dear icy, I have the feeling, you aren’t interested in the answer of that question at all. In the first interview, that I linked here to answer your question from Sunday, Brian answered that. And in the third link ( Adam interview), he answeref that as well. You said, you knew the interviews. Why are you asking the same question again? :roll:

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby icy » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:15 pm

Nicki79 wrote:
icy wrote:
CNB wrote:There have been a couple of people in this forum who have stated their resentment that on the 2017 tour Brian wanted Adam to sing one of his own songs — Two Fux in North America and Whataya Want From Me in EU/UK. I’m sure they did that out of appreciation and for recognition.

I honestly can't figure out why they added AL solo songs at all. GT and WWFM weren't new songs, TF is just a mess of a song and even Brian and Roger couldn't make that more palatable, IMO.
Yea, I guess I do wonder about it especially considering there were so much more Queen songs that could have been given the chance to be played instead.

? Dear icy, I have the feeling, you aren’t interested in the answer of that question at all. In the first interview, that I linked here to answer your question from Sunday, Brian answered that. And in the third link ( Adam interview), he answeref that as well. You said, you knew the interviews. Why are you asking the same question again? :roll:

I don't remember everything to do with AL, or even Brian and Roger for that matter in all they talk about, was I supposed to know it by heart or something? And I still can wonder about why that was added instead of Queen song/s I hoped to hear. Does that explain it better?
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby Nicki79 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:38 pm

icy wrote:
Nicki79 wrote:
icy wrote:I honestly can't figure out why they added AL solo songs at all. GT and WWFM weren't new songs, TF is just a mess of a song and even Brian and Roger couldn't make that more palatable, IMO.

I don't remember everything to do with AL, or even Brian and Roger for that matter in all they talk about, was I supposed to know it by heart or something? And I still can wonder about why that was added instead of Queen song/s I hoped to hear. Does that explain it better?

Let me just say: If I was wondering about something as much as you seem to do in this case, I would try to find the answer from the ones, who know it (the band). And they did talk about it, more than once. And you don’t have to know, the interviews by heart. If you listened just to a few of them before a tour, it would be more than possible that they answered that question. If not, several people already told you about their answers.

And besides, I could be wrong in the above post, and Brian might not have answered it in the linked interview (but somewhere else). Adam did, though (see:I .don’t know, what was exactly said in which interview. I had listened to them on Sunday to find answers to a few of your -and maybe others here were interested in it too- . And particularly Brian explained in comparison to every other interview I‘ve listened to before, in a rather detailed way, how they work with Adam.)

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby icy » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:00 pm

Nicki79 wrote:Let me just say: If I was wondering about something as much as you seem to do in this case, I would try to find the answer from the ones, who know it (the band). And they did talk about it, more than once. And you don’t have to know, the interviews by heart. If you listened just to a few of them before a tour, it would be more than possible that they answered that question. If not, several people already told you about their answers.

And besides, I could be wrong in the above post, and Brian might not have answered it in the linked interview (but somewhere else). Adam did, though (see:I .don’t know, what was exactly said in which interview. I had listened to them on Sunday to find answers to a few of your -and maybe others here were interested in it too- . And particularly Brian explained in comparison to every other interview I‘ve listened to before, in a rather detailed way, how they work with Adam.)

I have watched and read plenty of interviews from the guys in the past few years. I honestly don't remember every little or big detail mainly because there have been so many interviews, it's hard to keep track. Apologies for that
I'm a Queen fan first. I think putting an AL solo song in the set list when there are many more Queen songs I would rather have heard than GT, TF, and WWFM. No apologies for my feelings about that. I did like Brian and Roger's vibe with GT, TF was crap even with the Brian and Roger vibe to it, WWFM...meh, even though that's one of my favorite AL solo songs.
For me to think DOOL, IL and SYW or even some other Queen song could have been performed instead...I will always wonder about the choices and decisions regarding that, especially if this is near the end of Q+AL.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby CNB » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:11 pm

I found this interview with Brian accidentally and don’t know if it has been posted previously. It took place in Lithuania one month before the EU tour started in November:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mp7pdihABds
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby Nicki79 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:37 pm

icy wrote:For me to think DOOL, IL and SYW or even some other Queen song could have been performed instead...I will always wonder about the choices and decisions regarding that, especially if this is near the end of Q+AL.

Personally, I think that the decision to play DOOL lies mostly (or even completely?) by Roger. He‘s singing it and to me, this section of the concert is „his solo part“. And he sings, what he likes. I don’t think that playing an AL- song had anything to do with it. Seemingly Roger simply preferred AKOM this time. In 2015 he sang DOOL at most of the UK- concerts by the way. So I would say, that was a change in the setlist (although a small one), so that Roger‘ Fans in the UK get a different song from him this time.
IL and SYW were not dropped for an AL-song as well. These were all together played in the beginning of the US-Tour. Brian explained, why they were dropped. Like it or not, (and you don’t. ;, I know). I‘m very sure, putting an AL-song in or out has NO affection on any Queen-song being played. Beware: when they dropped WWFM in the UK, no song was added.

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby CNB » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:41 pm

Nicki79 wrote:
icy wrote:For me to think DOOL, IL and SYW or even some other Queen song could have been performed instead...I will always wonder about the choices and decisions regarding that, especially if this is near the end of Q+AL.

Personally, I think that the decision to play DOOL lies mostly (or even completely?) by Roger. He‘s singing it and to me, this section of the concert is „his solo part“. And he sings, what he likes. I don’t think that playing an AL- song had anything to do with it. Seemingly Roger simply preferred AKOM this time. In 2015 he sang DOOL at most of the UK- concerts by the way. So I would say, that was a change in the setlist (although a small one), so that Roger‘ Fans in the UK get a different song from him this time.
IL and SYW were not dropped for an AL-song as well. These were all together played in the beginning of the US-Tour. Brian explained, why they were dropped. Like it or not, (and you don’t. ;, I know). I‘m very sure, putting an AL-song in or out has NO affection on any Queen-song being played. Beware: when they dropped WWFM in the UK, no song was added.

Right on!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby The Milkman » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:59 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:

Sorry, The Lawrence Welk Orchestra holds that spot.
Being offended is a small price to pay for the right to free speech.

The Milkman
Somebody To Love

Postby icy » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:18 pm

Nicki79 wrote:

Of course it's likely down to Roger deciding what he sings. I know I'd rather hear DOOL than AKOM, because for me DOOL is the perfect way to pay tribute to Freddie and John. I can imagine it's a emotional song to sing, but I still wish it was played more than only twice. I make no bones about it, I loved DOOL so much it was always a highlight for me.
Either way it's looked at, some of my favorite songs were dropped, and there was usually enough time to place an AL solo song in the set list.
Queen has a vast, amazing catalogue. It's why I watch and listen to the shows, plus to see Brian and Roger play live. To me, it's a shame that the set list was not so dangerous or even risky after all.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

PreviousNext

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert