Queen + AL to tour again Summer 2018?

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Re: Queen + AL to tour again Summer 2018?

Postby dave4343palace » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:16 pm

CNB wrote:
dave4343palace wrote:
When Freddie was wearing his yellow jacket :(


No yellow jacket:

http://youtu.be/A22oy8dFjqc


Lord give me strength. :(
 
dave4343palace
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 284
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:20 am
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: Queen + AL to tour again Summer 2018?

Postby icy » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:18 pm

dave4343palace wrote:
CNB wrote:Don’t be a female Donald Trump, always negative and finding fault!


Any one who has mentioned Freddie Mercury and Paul Rodgers in comparison to Adam Lambert in the way you have is quite possibly the only person on this planet who is less sane than Donald Trump.

And before you consider responding with the usual hyberbole rubbish that you litter these pages with (inadvertently turning people off AL), I have seen Q+AL seventeen times in six countries since 2012 (live, not from my bedroom listening to some shit stream) and therefore consider myself to have quite a well informed opinion.

Respect and thanks from me as well.
I will say this, I hope you enjoyed the concerts you attended. I'd love to pick your brain about it, but I will hold back. Six countries...that is amazing! :wow:
I do not know why I was even mentioned in a comment by CNB Don't be a female Donald Trump, always negative and finding fault. Another barb, I guess. Please just know, I don't hold it against anyone for attending the Q+AL concerts or not going.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 16361
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 253 times
Been thanked: 554 times

Re: Queen + AL to tour again Summer 2018?

Postby dave4343palace » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:24 pm

icy wrote:
dave4343palace wrote:
CNB wrote:Don’t be a female Donald Trump, always negative and finding fault!


Any one who has mentioned Freddie Mercury and Paul Rodgers in comparison to Adam Lambert in the way you have is quite possibly the only person on this planet who is less sane than Donald Trump.

And before you consider responding with the usual hyberbole rubbish that you litter these pages with (inadvertently turning people off AL), I have seen Q+AL seventeen times in six countries since 2012 (live, not from my bedroom listening to some shit stream) and therefore consider myself to have quite a well informed opinion.

Respect and thanks from me as well.
I will say this, I hope you enjoyed the concerts you attended. I'd love to pick your brain about it, but I will hold back. Six countries...that is amazing! :wow:
I do not know why I was even mentioned in a comment by CNB Don't be a female Donald Trump, always negative and finding fault. Another barb, I guess. Please just know, I don't hold it against anyone for attending the Q+AL concerts or not going.


I absolutely enjoy speaking to Queen fans about the concerts and love sharing the experiences on the nights too, both with PR and AL. Its listening to the music I love, performed by half of the original band I love. Its the best it gets these days and I bloody love it!

Respect to you too for having the patience to respond so many times to someone who simply can't be reasoned with and constantly misses the point cos they are on the wrong forum for their interests.
 
dave4343palace
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 284
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:20 am
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: Queen + AL to tour again Summer 2018?

Postby icy » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:53 pm

dave4343palace wrote:I absolutely enjoy speaking to Queen fans about the concerts and love sharing the experiences on the nights too, both with PR and AL. Its listening to the music I love, performed by half of the original band I love. Its the best it gets these days and I bloody love it!

Respect to you too for having the patience to respond so many times to someone who simply can't be reasoned with and constantly misses the point cos they are on the wrong forum for their interests.

Quick questions don't feel you have to answer..which countries did you see Q+AL? Which concert stood out to you the most and why?
Nah, it's not really patience. Stubbornness on my part, and I'm passionate about Queen music. I'm trying to change my stubborness but to imply I'm always negative and finding fault especially compared to Trump...it literally makes me shake my head because it's wrong.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 16361
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 253 times
Been thanked: 554 times

Re: Queen + AL to tour again Summer 2018?

Postby dave4343palace » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:40 pm

[/quote]
Quick questions don't feel you have to answer..which countries did you see Q+AL? Which concert stood out to you the most and why?
Nah, it's not really patience. Stubbornness on my part, and I'm passionate about Queen music. I'm trying to change my stubborness but to imply I'm always negative and finding fault especially compared to Trump...it literally makes me shake my head because it's wrong.[/quote]

Glad you asked because having counted, its actually 18 times! Saw the three London concerts in 2012; Philly and New York in 2014; London (three times), Amsterdam and Zurich in 2015; Cologne and Brussels 2016; Washington, Nashville, Dallas, Amsterdam and London (twice) in 2017.

Was fortunate to have on-stage tickets at Wembley Arena (2015), Cologne and Dallas, so they definitely stand out and were terrific experiences (met Brian at Wembley and Dallas). Also really enjoyed both Amsterdam concerts (don't ask ;) ) and despite Brian not being well, I thought they played exceptionally well last month at Wembley Arena (and the crowd were really responsive too).

Saw Q+PR 13 times in 2005-8 in UK, Germany, Austria and Italy.

So as you can guess, I'm a big supporter of the 'Queen +' live collaborations and despite the huge expense, they've provided me with some of the best nights of my life with family and friends, as well as on my own. I treat the concerts for exactly what they are and totally understand other people not wanting to see them. Hence my annoyance at Queen fans on here being told (often from a positon of complete ignorance) what they should like about Q+AL...
 
dave4343palace
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 284
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:20 am
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: Queen + AL to tour again Summer 2018?

Postby CNB » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:50 am

dave4343palace wrote:
Glad you asked because having counted, its actually 18 times! Saw the three London concerts in 2012; Philly and New York in 2014; London (three times), Amsterdam and Zurich in 2015; Cologne and Brussels 2016; Washington, Nashville, Dallas, Amsterdam and London (twice) in 2017.

Was fortunate to have on-stage tickets at Wembley Arena (2015), Cologne and Dallas, so they definitely stand out and were terrific experiences (met Brian at Wembley and Dallas). Also really enjoyed both Amsterdam concerts (don't ask ;) ) and despite Brian not being well, I thought they played exceptionally well last month at Wembley Arena (and the crowd were really responsive too).

Saw Q+PR 13 times in 2005-8 in UK, Germany, Austria and Italy.

So as you can guess, I'm a big supporter of the 'Queen +' live collaborations and despite the huge expense, they've provided me with some of the best nights of my life with family and friends, as well as on my own. I treat the concerts for exactly what they are and totally understand other people not wanting to see them. Hence my annoyance at Queen fans on here being told (often from a positon of complete ignorance) what they should like about Q+AL...


I repeat that I have never seen a live Freddie or Paul performance but I have been to 3 QAL shows, 15 less than you. This is a Queen forum but this is a QAL thread so I have as much of a right as you or anyone to be here!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!
 
CNB
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 9176
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:54 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 517 times
Been thanked: 413 times

Re: Queen + AL to tour again Summer 2018?

Postby icy » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:27 am

dave4343palace wrote:
Glad you asked because having counted, its actually 18 times! Saw the three London concerts in 2012; Philly and New York in 2014; London (three times), Amsterdam and Zurich in 2015; Cologne and Brussels 2016; Washington, Nashville, Dallas, Amsterdam and London (twice) in 2017.

Was fortunate to have on-stage tickets at Wembley Arena (2015), Cologne and Dallas, so they definitely stand out and were terrific experiences (met Brian at Wembley and Dallas). Also really enjoyed both Amsterdam concerts (don't ask ;) ) and despite Brian not being well, I thought they played exceptionally well last month at Wembley Arena (and the crowd were really responsive too).

Saw Q+PR 13 times in 2005-8 in UK, Germany, Austria and Italy.

So as you can guess, I'm a big supporter of the 'Queen +' live collaborations and despite the huge expense, they've provided me with some of the best nights of my life with family and friends, as well as on my own. I treat the concerts for exactly what they are and totally understand other people not wanting to see them. Hence my annoyance at Queen fans on here being told (often from a positon of complete ignorance) what they should like about Q+AL...


Wow, I admire and respect your dedication for it! It's pretty amazing. :mrgreen: :cool:
I have so many more questions, but I will refrain from asking, because I don't want to risk more crap my way, or any at all towards you.
Your posts is the type I love to read about and ask about here.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 16361
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 253 times
Been thanked: 554 times

Re: Queen + AL to tour again Summer 2018?

Postby CNB » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:27 am

Rumor about QAL in Chile this summer:

http://www.concierto.cl/2018/01/surgen- ... -este-ano/
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!
 
CNB
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 9176
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:54 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 517 times
Been thanked: 413 times

Re: Queen + AL to tour again Summer 2018?

Postby dave4343palace » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:46 am

icy wrote:
dave4343palace wrote:
Glad you asked because having counted, its actually 18 times! Saw the three London concerts in 2012; Philly and New York in 2014; London (three times), Amsterdam and Zurich in 2015; Cologne and Brussels 2016; Washington, Nashville, Dallas, Amsterdam and London (twice) in 2017.

Was fortunate to have on-stage tickets at Wembley Arena (2015), Cologne and Dallas, so they definitely stand out and were terrific experiences (met Brian at Wembley and Dallas). Also really enjoyed both Amsterdam concerts (don't ask ;) ) and despite Brian not being well, I thought they played exceptionally well last month at Wembley Arena (and the crowd were really responsive too).

Saw Q+PR 13 times in 2005-8 in UK, Germany, Austria and Italy.

So as you can guess, I'm a big supporter of the 'Queen +' live collaborations and despite the huge expense, they've provided me with some of the best nights of my life with family and friends, as well as on my own. I treat the concerts for exactly what they are and totally understand other people not wanting to see them. Hence my annoyance at Queen fans on here being told (often from a positon of complete ignorance) what they should like about Q+AL...


Wow, I admire and respect your dedication for it! It's pretty amazing. :mrgreen: :cool:
I have so many more questions, but I will refrain from asking, because I don't want to risk more crap my way, or any at all towards you.
Your posts is the type I love to read about and ask about here.


Ask away, its exactly what this thread should be about rather than being told how wonderful Adam sodding Lambert is and having world clocks thrust upon us.

I've been lucky but I know there are far more dedicated and have travelled much further afield!
 
dave4343palace
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 284
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:20 am
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: Queen + AL to tour again Summer 2018?

Postby dave4343palace » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:05 am

CNB wrote:
dave4343palace wrote:
Glad you asked because having counted, its actually 18 times! Saw the three London concerts in 2012; Philly and New York in 2014; London (three times), Amsterdam and Zurich in 2015; Cologne and Brussels 2016; Washington, Nashville, Dallas, Amsterdam and London (twice) in 2017.

Was fortunate to have on-stage tickets at Wembley Arena (2015), Cologne and Dallas, so they definitely stand out and were terrific experiences (met Brian at Wembley and Dallas). Also really enjoyed both Amsterdam concerts (don't ask ;) ) and despite Brian not being well, I thought they played exceptionally well last month at Wembley Arena (and the crowd were really responsive too).

Saw Q+PR 13 times in 2005-8 in UK, Germany, Austria and Italy.

So as you can guess, I'm a big supporter of the 'Queen +' live collaborations and despite the huge expense, they've provided me with some of the best nights of my life with family and friends, as well as on my own. I treat the concerts for exactly what they are and totally understand other people not wanting to see them. Hence my annoyance at Queen fans on here being told (often from a positon of complete ignorance) what they should like about Q+AL...


I repeat that I have never seen a live Freddie or Paul performance but I have been to 3 QAL shows, 15 less than you. This is a Queen forum but this is a QAL thread so I have as much of a right as you or anyone to be here!


Like you with Q+AL, I am casual fan of the Rolling Stones, having attended three of their concerts over the years. But if I joined the official Rolling Stones forum and starting continually posting bollocks again and again and again about how wonderful Darryl Jones (stand-in bass player) is, I wouldn't be remotely surprised to piss off real Stones fans who could well have a preference for, and be protective of, Bill Wyman and other musicians that have played with them. After all, its the official Rollings Stones forum. If I went to a Darryl Jones site, however, I would probably be much more at home and joined by other loonies who share my radical opinions.

I'm sure you are very nice person in the real world, but if you really aren't a troll, its truly astonishing that you could be surprised that your posts might cause offence, have the adverse effect of turning people like me against AL because of the drivel you force on us all the time... and actually put people off visitng this forum.
 
dave4343palace
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 284
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:20 am
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: Queen + AL to tour again Summer 2018?

Postby icy » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:28 am

dave4343palace wrote:
icy wrote:
dave4343palace wrote:
Glad you asked because having counted, its actually 18 times! Saw the three London concerts in 2012; Philly and New York in 2014; London (three times), Amsterdam and Zurich in 2015; Cologne and Brussels 2016; Washington, Nashville, Dallas, Amsterdam and London (twice) in 2017.

Was fortunate to have on-stage tickets at Wembley Arena (2015), Cologne and Dallas, so they definitely stand out and were terrific experiences (met Brian at Wembley and Dallas). Also really enjoyed both Amsterdam concerts (don't ask ;) ) and despite Brian not being well, I thought they played exceptionally well last month at Wembley Arena (and the crowd were really responsive too).

Saw Q+PR 13 times in 2005-8 in UK, Germany, Austria and Italy.

So as you can guess, I'm a big supporter of the 'Queen +' live collaborations and despite the huge expense, they've provided me with some of the best nights of my life with family and friends, as well as on my own. I treat the concerts for exactly what they are and totally understand other people not wanting to see them. Hence my annoyance at Queen fans on here being told (often from a positon of complete ignorance) what they should like about Q+AL...


Wow, I admire and respect your dedication for it! It's pretty amazing. :mrgreen: :cool:
I have so many more questions, but I will refrain from asking, because I don't want to risk more crap my way, or any at all towards you.
Your posts is the type I love to read about and ask about here.


Ask away, its exactly what this thread should be about rather than being told how wonderful Adam sodding Lambert is and having world clocks thrust upon us.

I've been lucky but I know there are far more dedicated and have travelled much further afield!


Thank you so much :D . Please don't feel you have to answer any of my questions if you don't want to do so. I will completely understand, no worries. I've never had a chance to ask anyone who is pro Q+s these sort of questions. Before I start, I will put this out there, my questions are not meant to start any arguments.

What has been your favorite live Q+PR and Q+AL moments?
Do you like Q+PR or Q+AL more? And why?
Do you wish Q+AL dug deeper in the Queen catalogue?
Which Queen songs did you love, like and possibly dislike PR and AL singing?
Which Queen songs that AL sings do you think is the best that suits AL's voice?
Which Queen songs that PR sang do you think is best that suited PR's voice?
Which Queen songs would you like to hear/see AL sing?
Do you mind the inclusion of the AL and PR solo songs included in the set list?
Who do you think suited Queen's music more, AL or PR?
What was the furthest distance you have travelled to see Q+?
Any plans to see Q+AL in the coming weeks?
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 16361
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 253 times
Been thanked: 554 times

Re: Queen + AL to tour again Summer 2018?

Postby dave4343palace » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:45 am

Icy - Although with fear of boring the pants of anyone, I'll certainly put together my personal thoughts when I return home later (I have another sad passion - following my football team on a Saturday! I have a very understanding girlfriend at home :lol: ).
 
dave4343palace
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 284
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:20 am
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: Queen + AL to tour again Summer 2018?

Postby musicalprostitute » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:55 am

dave4343palace wrote:[

... but I'm pissed off with coming on here (a Queen forum) and reading the same old shit about AL. Shit that I'm pretty sure nobody wants to read... on a Queen forum.


But why visit the QAL section of the board then? It just makes no sense to me at all. I get that there are fans who do not like QAL or who get pissed off with AL fans who keep repeating themselves; but THIS is the QAL section that Queen themselves obviously wanted included on their own website - I think the argument is with them rather than QAL fans who have as much right as anyone else to post their opinions in the relevant section.
 
musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

      
 
Posts: 3968
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Essex and Cardiff.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 421 times

Re: Queen + AL to tour again Summer 2018?

Postby dave4343palace » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:57 am

musicalprostitute wrote:
dave4343palace wrote:[

... but I'm pissed off with coming on here (a Queen forum) and reading the same old shit about AL. Shit that I'm pretty sure nobody wants to read... on a Queen forum.


But why visit the QAL section of the board then? It just makes no sense to me at all. I get that there are fans who do not like QAL or who get pissed off with AL fans who keep repeating themselves; but THIS is the QAL section that Queen themselves obviously wanted included on their own website - I think the argument is with them rather than QAL fans who have as much right as anyone else to post their opinions in the relevant section.


I am a fan of Q+AL...
 
dave4343palace
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 284
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:20 am
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: Queen + AL to tour again Summer 2018?

Postby musicalprostitute » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:00 am

CNB wrote:
dave4343palace wrote:
Glad you asked because having counted, its actually 18 times! Saw the three London concerts in 2012; Philly and New York in 2014; London (three times), Amsterdam and Zurich in 2015; Cologne and Brussels 2016; Washington, Nashville, Dallas, Amsterdam and London (twice) in 2017.

Was fortunate to have on-stage tickets at Wembley Arena (2015), Cologne and Dallas, so they definitely stand out and were terrific experiences (met Brian at Wembley and Dallas). Also really enjoyed both Amsterdam concerts (don't ask ;) ) and despite Brian not being well, I thought they played exceptionally well last month at Wembley Arena (and the crowd were really responsive too).

Saw Q+PR 13 times in 2005-8 in UK, Germany, Austria and Italy.

So as you can guess, I'm a big supporter of the 'Queen +' live collaborations and despite the huge expense, they've provided me with some of the best nights of my life with family and friends, as well as on my own. I treat the concerts for exactly what they are and totally understand other people not wanting to see them. Hence my annoyance at Queen fans on here being told (often from a positon of complete ignorance) what they should like about Q+AL...


I repeat that I have never seen a live Freddie or Paul performance but I have been to 3 QAL shows, 15 less than you. This is a Queen forum but this is a QAL thread so I have as much of a right as you or anyone to be here!


My argument exactly. CNB. Now, I do not agree with everything you state (and I know you get very passionate and excitable about all things Lambert - which harms nobody), but you have as much right as anyone else on here to post your thoughts and opinions - in the designated QAL forum....which was added to this website on the instructions of Queen/QPL (fans should really complain to them).

Every Queen fan has a right to visit here and disagree with you of course; but, equally, you should be able to post your own feelings too.
Last edited by musicalprostitute on Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
 
musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

      
 
Posts: 3968
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Essex and Cardiff.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 421 times

PreviousNext

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests