Queen + AL to tour again Summer 2018?

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Re: Queen + AL to tour again Summer 2018?

Postby CNB » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:18 pm

Here’s another list from 2010. Paul is #55:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists ... e-19691231
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby snifflese » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:29 pm

I don't know what to tell you, dear FD, but much more discerning ears than yours, beg to differ with you. I don't know your age, but maybe hearing aids would be helpful for the higher notes that you seem to be missing! (just kidding with you!!)

snifflese
Spread Your Wings

Postby fairydandy » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:45 pm

snifflese wrote:I don't know what to tell you, dear FD, but much more discerning ears than yours, beg to differ with you. I don't know your age, but maybe hearing aids would be helpful for the higher notes that you seem to be missing! (just kidding with you!!)

You want me to hear his screeching even more clearly?

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby CNB » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:48 pm

Adam doesn’t screech. He’s a rock god and a “gift from God!”
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby The Milkman » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:51 pm

fairydandy wrote:
snifflese wrote:Here is a list, people. I couldn't remember the name of the site where they music geeks were always chatting and listing things. It is DDD digital dreamdoor. I had read about it when I followed American Idol and it was always very interesting and informative. These dudes can pick out any note and their musical knowledge is amazing! They talk about each individual note and get really into the vocal aspect as a voice teacher would. They know their stuff!

Here is their list of the top 100 singers:
https://digitaldreamdoor.com/pages/best_vocalists.html

Adam is actually #30. Paul Rogers is 25, I believe, probably because he has been around forever! I love the singers that have the higher voices and can belt out those melodic shrieks at the end. Queen's music is not the kind of stuff that Rogers sings. He is so far removed from Freddie's voice that I find it hard to think that you appreciate him singing Queen's music! Roger's voice is much lower, not very melodic and he can't hit too any of the stratospheric notes. There is no resemblance to Freddie's voice and for me, that means he can't do a good job of singing Queen's catalog. He may be great for a more bluesy,raspy kind of rock,( which I don't like, but many do!) and isn't the sound that you associate with Queen! I find the preference baffling! There are some credible folks out there that are not so anti Adam's voice, FD. Cabaret and musical theater was not the category of this list. It says Rock Singers!!

Also, I was at the last QAL concert and people did not leave during Adam's song! You shouldn't tell tales if it is not true and it wasn't. It is a quirky kind of different song and it garnered applause and no great exodus. I talked to folks around me and folks after and people seemed to like it. It is kind of out of the box which would include a lot of Queen music. I also loved Brian's solo where people also "visit the loo". More fake news!!!

It can say what it likes. Adam Lambert is not a rock singer.

Digital Dream Door is a joke just like many of the Glamberts on this site. The moderators of DDD said not to pay attention to those lists because they are mostly the opinion of ONE guy. Here is Adam at # 2 on this list.

https://digitaldreamdoor.com/forum/view ... ?f=4&t=185

This list was made by a video game junkie in college. Sure other people had input but at the end of the day they said it was one guy's decision.

Why do these dimwits feel the need to defend this guy? It's amusing but DAMN! :lol: If you like him and think he's great I'm all for it. I think he has a great voice but he sucks at rock. He's just not a rock singer IMHO. I'm not going to change my mind just because some 20 year old kid thinks Adam is a wonderful rock singer. I'm also not going to change my mind just because some American Idol watching grandmother spends her life trying to prove that he is.
Being offended is a small price to pay for the right to free speech.

The Milkman
Somebody To Love

Postby musicalprostitute » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:56 pm

JLP wrote:
CNB wrote:It’s pretty funny how the people who have never attended a glorious and magnificent QAL show think THEY know all about what it is like! LOLOL

MP, it is nothing whatsoever like GLEE! And Adam can sing rock with the best of them, including Paul Rodgers!

...Paul Rodgers is widely acknowledged as one of the greatest rock and blues vocalists ever.

This is one hundred per cent fact. Rodgers is highly respected in the rock fraternity and is known to have one of the finest, strongest, ballsiest rock and blues voices around. He may be a bit boring on stage, but, fuck me, can the old bugger sing!

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby icy » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:00 pm

snifflese wrote:You know, Icy, doing your frontman's one song out of 20+ is not that hard to understand. Adam has sung with them for 5 years now and I am sure they thought they were doing something nice for him. It is a gesture of respect. They really like Adam and realize that they probably wouldn't be touring if it were not for him. I know you take issue with that statement, but Roger and Brian have stated that numerous times, so I would believe it at this point. If you can do Paul's songs, which you don't have a problem with, you can do one with Adam. I would love to hear them play Lucy, since Brian played his guitar on that one and it is a faster song, maybe more in keeping with the Queen vibe. Although I saw Two Fux here in Ct and it worked well. It is a quirky song and since a lot of Queen's songs are quirky, it kind of fit! It got quite a bit of applause! I loved it as it is so out of the box!!

You know...I can and I will say how I feel about things.
I've never heard Brian or Roger say adding AL solo songs was a gesture of respect.
Paul's music fitted in the set list when he sang them during the Q+PR tours. ALs solo songs sticks out like a sore thumb, IMO.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Postby fairydandy » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:04 pm

CNB wrote:Adam doesn’t screech. He’s a rock god and a “gift from God!”

Does god give refunds?

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby icy » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:05 pm

CNB wrote:snifflese, I just saw your post after I posted mine. You always say what I want to say only you say it better! I thought Two FUX With the flower projections in the background was adorable! I was shocked when they chose WWFM because it is my least favorite Adam song. But yes he certainly deserves the recognition for all he has contributed over the years!

Oh here we go. AL deserves recogniztion for all he has contributed over the years.
When he puts his blood, sweat and tears into these songs, such as writing, producing them and playing them for years then you can come back to me about AL deserving recogniztion for all he had contributed for all he has done over the yeas.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby icy » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:09 pm

CNB wrote:Adam didn’t fuck up BoRhap. He sang the lyrics out of sequence and it was not noticeable except to the Queen experts in this Forum who weren’t even there.

He did fuck it up and pretty badly at that. It looked and sounded like he didn't even care enough to get it right.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby The Milkman » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:11 pm

icy,

Adam admits he's just a C-lister and he knows he's never going to be anything but a C-lister. He's accepted it but some of these Glamberts never will.

The Milkman
Somebody To Love

Postby icy » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:13 pm

fairydandy wrote:
CNB wrote:
Because they included men AND women. BTW neither Paul (nor Adam) are in that list!

Adam Lambert will never appear on a list of 'best frontmen', CNB. I think it's generally accepted that he has a fair sort of a voice for musical theatre and X Factor type shows, but as a front man, there is absolutely nothing about him at all. Of course, the fans will clap him and laugh with him and you will take that as a positive sign, but they are just being respectful. For the most part, he's really embarrassingly bad and so childishly crude.

I can't see AL ever going town the route of being in a hard rock group solo music wise. His solo music doesn't fit that genre at least so far.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby icy » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:13 pm

The Milkman wrote:icy,

Adam admits he's just a C-lister and he knows he's never going to be anything but a C-lister. He's accepted it but some of these Glamberts never will.

;)
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby The Milkman » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:30 pm

Hopefully I was the only one to waste any time looking at snifflese's link of the top rock singers. This guy is #44 on the "ROCK" list.

phpBB [video]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Define rock to me please! If Luther is rock then I guess we can say Adam is too. :lol:
Last edited by The Milkman on Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Milkman
Somebody To Love

Postby icy » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:33 pm

The Milkman wrote:Hopefully I was the only one to waste any time looking at snifflese's link of the top rock singers. This guy is #44 on the "ROCK" list.

phpBB [video]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Define rock to me please! If Luther is rock than I guess we can say Adam is too. :lol:

I was just reading over there.
I love L.V, but he wasn't even close to being a rock singer. :lol:
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running