QAL Tour in New Zealand/Australia

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Re: QAL Tour in New Zealand/Australia

Postby icy » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:53 pm

dave4343palace wrote:
icy wrote:
AngelR wrote:


Why do you keep seeing them live?
My favourite song from the 2015 tour was Somebody To Love, I thought it was exquisite :lol: :lol: :lol:


Brian and Roger maybe is the reason for Dave going to see the shows? :idea:


There's multiple reasons that keep me going but you're right, its mainly because I get to see two of my heroes performing my favourite music live. As I've said before, I also like AL's voice on many of the songs when he sticks to what I consider he does best (sing) and not act like a total dickhead (a totally unnatural, forced dickhead at that). But I can totally understand why many Queen fans don't like his voice (I much preferred Q+PR, each to their own).

What really pisses me off is when hypocritical loonies on this board who know next to nothing about Queen infer to others that they should like AL, they need to go to a show blah blah fucking blah day after day after day, ruining almost every Queen + Adam Lambert thread for those of us that are interested in the collaboration but can be objective too (and have bothered to go to more than three of 100+ concerts and don't falsely pretend to be some sort of super fan).

I understand you completely, no worries. I watch the shows mainly for Brian and Roger. Sometimes AL can surprise me, Save Me a prime example. What would surprise me now if in the upcoming shows if anything would change, and the gimmicks would not be used...but I doubt that will happen.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 16440
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 260 times
Been thanked: 562 times

Re: QAL Tour in New Zealand/Australia

Postby CNB » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:30 am

Thank God and thank Brian and Roger that there are enough of us who like Adam singing more Queen songs than just “Save Me.” Yikes!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!
 
CNB
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 9176
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:54 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 517 times
Been thanked: 413 times

Re: QAL Tour in New Zealand/Australia

Postby icy » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:35 am

CNB wrote:Thank God and thank Brian and Roger that there are enough of us who like Adam singing more Queen songs than just “Save Me.” Yikes!

Save Me just happens to be the song that AL surprised me the most in a good way. Why yikes :?
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 16440
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 260 times
Been thanked: 562 times

Re: QAL Tour in New Zealand/Australia

Postby CNB » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:07 am

Here you go, Icy, just for you — “Save Me” .... and a few others including “Spread Your Wings!”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZec-6X00Pk&app=desktop
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!
 
CNB
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 9176
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:54 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 517 times
Been thanked: 413 times

Re: QAL Tour in New Zealand/Australia

Postby icy » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:18 am

CNB wrote:Here you go, Icy, just for you — “Save Me” .... and a few others including “Spread Your Wings!”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZec-6X00Pk&app=desktop

I don't want to watch it now. I don't know why the fact I actually said I liked something very much got the reaction from you above. I'm sure you have your favorites that you like. Yeah, I liked AL singing Save Me very much. It remains my favorite Queen song I've heard him sing. Thank God Brain and Roger and others who like AL singing Save Me you say. What on Earth? One wouldn't know if I said something insulting or offensive about him singing it going by your reaction. Yikes indeed :?
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 16440
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 260 times
Been thanked: 562 times

Re: QAL Tour in New Zealand/Australia

Postby CNB » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:16 am

IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!
 
CNB
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 9176
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:54 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 517 times
Been thanked: 413 times

Re: QAL Tour in New Zealand/Australia

Postby julymorning » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:43 am

icy wrote:
CNB wrote:Here you go, Icy, just for you — “Save Me” .... and a few others including “Spread Your Wings!”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZec-6X00Pk&app=desktop

I don't want to watch it now. I don't know why the fact I actually said I liked something very much got the reaction from you above. I'm sure you have your favorites that you like. Yeah, I liked AL singing Save Me very much. It remains my favorite Queen song I've heard him sing. Thank God Brain and Roger and others who like AL singing Save Me you say. What on Earth? One wouldn't know if I said something insulting or offensive about him singing it going by your reaction. Yikes indeed :?


First, I took her "yikes" reaction to be at the idea that there might only be the one song that Adam Lambert sings from the Queen catalog that people could/would like. (I might be one of those, as nothing else from the catalog stands out for me like Adam's version of "Love Kills", instance)

In her posting of the song you like, she was trying to be nice to you. An olive branch, if you will.
Life sux so much these days...I wish to God we only knew how to be sweet to one another all of the time. And mean it. I've been terrible about that, myself.
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm
 
julymorning
The Show Must Go On
 
User avatar

 

This is probably as good as it gets.

      
 
Posts: 1675
Images: 18
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:17 pm
Location: Missouri, U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 427 times
Been thanked: 229 times

Re: QAL Tour in New Zealand/Australia

Postby icy » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:10 am

julymorning wrote:
icy wrote:
CNB wrote:Here you go, Icy, just for you — “Save Me” .... and a few others including “Spread Your Wings!”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZec-6X00Pk&app=desktop

I don't want to watch it now. I don't know why the fact I actually said I liked something very much got the reaction from you above. I'm sure you have your favorites that you like. Yeah, I liked AL singing Save Me very much. It remains my favorite Queen song I've heard him sing. Thank God Brain and Roger and others who like AL singing Save Me you say. What on Earth? One wouldn't know if I said something insulting or offensive about him singing it going by your reaction. Yikes indeed :?


First, I took her "yikes" reaction to be at the idea that there might only be the one song that Adam Lambert sings from the Queen catalog that people could/would like. (I might be one of those, as nothing else from the catalog stands out for me like Adam's version of "Love Kills", instance)

In her posting of the song you like, she was trying to be nice to you. An olive branch, if you will.
Life sux so much these days...I wish to God we only knew how to be sweet to one another all of the time. And mean it. I've been terrible about that, myself.


No, sorry, I know what she thinks about my liking AL singing the song. She made that clear before now. Maybe I should have kept on posting my usual in what I didn't like to do with Q+AL. Save Me is the best song I've seen/heard AL sing. Obviously other people have their own favorites.
Her posting the video. I didn't and don't have time to watch it, and frankly I'm not in the mood for it right now. Was it an olive branch, I don't know, I wish she explained her reasons for the yikes and the clip.. I will watch when I'm up to it.
Life ( can ) sux. Not sure what you are dealing with, but I'm sorry for whatever it is.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 16440
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 260 times
Been thanked: 562 times

Re: QAL Tour in New Zealand/Australia

Postby icy » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:04 am

*Best Queen song I've heard AL sing*
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 16440
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 260 times
Been thanked: 562 times

Re: QAL Tour in New Zealand/Australia

Postby musicalprostitute » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:33 pm

snifflese wrote:So MP, You mention musicianship, talent, vision and raw passion as part of Queen. Brian and Roger are still part of the band, so somehow they have lost their musicianship, talent, vision and raw passion since they are no longer with Freddie and John? That is an interesting and pretty harsh statement. Is it just because they haven't written any music or what? I think questioning their musicianship is the worst as they are pretty darn good and nobody else seems to be questioning that. The reviews always say that they haven't lost a step, esp. Brian. I have been to a large number of heavy metal and rock concerts and to me their playing matches anything I have heard in the past.



You need to read what I wrote again. I have never stated anywhere that they have lost any of their talents - I am a lifelong and dedicated fan and so know full well how talented they have always been.

I was making a point concerning the theatrical side of the band; in essence, yes, they had a tongue-in-cheek, humorous aspect to them, but that would never have shot them to the heights they reached without the substance and raw talent to back it all up.
 
musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

      
 
Posts: 4271
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Essex and Cardiff.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 455 times

Re: QAL Tour in New Zealand/Australia

Postby musicalprostitute » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:47 pm

dave4343palace wrote:
Freddie was spontaneous, natural and a total enigma. AL is none of those.



Yep, this right here.

And I am no Adam hater. But there is a vast difference between a natural, raw, enigmatic performer (Freddie, Bowie, Presley, Lennon, Nina Simone...) and a technically perfect performer with a great voice (and there is no denying Lambert has a wonderful voice - even if he is not to everyone's taste) but who lacks those other special qualities.

I tried to watch some more recent footage the other day. And Adam really nailed those tracks down, as well as seeming more natural performing with our old boys...but then it all fell apart when he started his awfully tacky jokes and asides. Take away that pink bike, stop all the lame jokes and the unnatural, almost robotic banter and this whole show would be much, much better.
 
musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

      
 
Posts: 4271
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Essex and Cardiff.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 455 times

Re: QAL Tour in New Zealand/Australia

Postby slightlymad1970 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:37 am

Boxscore
Queen + Adam Lambert

Perth Arena Perth, Australia
March 6, 2018
$1,732,180
12,720 / 12,720
1 / 1
$195.61, $89.03
TEG Dainty

For what it's worth, my opinion of the Q+AL version of IWBTLY is that it's an absolute joy! Why this is not a staple of the live set is beyond me, even Brian's take on the solo is exceptional. Please play this song in the up and coming European shows, it would go down a storm :-D I personally would love to here more songs played by Q+AL that Freddie never got to perform, Breakthru, Headlong, Scandal and You Don't Fool Me to name but a few.
 
slightlymad1970
We Will Rock You
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 677
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:53 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 55 times

Re: QAL Tour in New Zealand/Australia

Postby CNB » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:45 am

slightlymad1970 wrote:Boxscore
Queen + Adam Lambert

Perth Arena Perth, Australia
March 6, 2018
$1,732,180
12,720 / 12,720
1 / 1
$195.61, $89.03
TEG Dainty

For what it's worth, my opinion of the Q+AL version of IWBTLY is that it's an absolute joy! Why this is not a staple of the live set is beyond me, even Brian's take on the solo is exceptional. Please play this song in the up and coming European shows, it would go down a storm :-D I personally would love to here more songs played by Q+AL that Freddie never got to perform, Breakthru, Headlong, Scandal and You Don't Fool Me to name but a few.


I love their version of IWBTLY, too. Are you planning to attend a show this summer?
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!
 
CNB
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 9176
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:54 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 517 times
Been thanked: 413 times

Re: QAL Tour in New Zealand/Australia

Postby slightlymad1970 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:04 am

CNB wrote:
slightlymad1970 wrote:Boxscore
Queen + Adam Lambert

Perth Arena Perth, Australia
March 6, 2018
$1,732,180
12,720 / 12,720
1 / 1
$195.61, $89.03
TEG Dainty

For what it's worth, my opinion of the Q+AL version of IWBTLY is that it's an absolute joy! Why this is not a staple of the live set is beyond me, even Brian's take on the solo is exceptional. Please play this song in the up and coming European shows, it would go down a storm :-D I personally would love to here more songs played by Q+AL that Freddie never got to perform, Breakthru, Headlong, Scandal and You Don't Fool Me to name but a few.


I love their version of IWBTLY, too. Are you planning to attend a show this summer?


Unfortunately not, I went to Birmingham (Twice), Nottingham and Wembley last year. I really was hoping for a big outdoor show in London this year, I'm convinced they could've sold out Wembley or the Olympic Stadium but for what ever reason they chose to do 3 indoor shows. I hope I'm proven wrong but the set list will not change either, I understand it's a huge production but they really do need to start to change things up now, each show on this next leg of the tour should have at least one curve ball thrown in........something like IWBTLY or Headlong or even Ghost Town would just be amazing and add interest to a static set list. They are now playing to repeat markets with the same stage show and probably a lot of returning fans, they need to freshen thing up. Open with WWRY then Headlong!, drop the drum solo, change Freddie's sing along to Montreal or Milton Keynes, play a song they've never done before, Made In Heaven for example....something to get people excited about this leg of the tour.
 
slightlymad1970
We Will Rock You
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 677
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:53 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 55 times

Re: QAL Tour in New Zealand/Australia

Postby CNB » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:11 am

Queen + Adam Lambert Reviews — New Zealand and Australia

“They came, they rocked, they conquered!”

http://www.pressparty.com/pg/newsdesk/Q ... ew/174302/
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!
 
CNB
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 9176
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:54 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 517 times
Been thanked: 413 times

PreviousNext

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests