QAL Tour in New Zealand/Australia

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Re: QAL Tour in New Zealand/Australia

Postby snifflese » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:42 am

Open minded people will change their minds if something is significant enough to change it. Adam has such as amazing voice, one that can tackle all of Queen's music, and to ignore that would be kind of dumb. Only close minded people stick to their guns at all costs. Not sure that is ever a good thing in any aspect of yourlife! At least Brian and Roger realized that just because you are on a talent show, it does not mean that you are not an amazing talent.

snifflese
Spread Your Wings

Postby icy » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:48 am

snifflese wrote:Open minded people will change their minds if something is significant enough to change it. Adam has such as amazing voice, one that can tackle all of Queen's music, and to ignore that would be kind of dumb. Only close minded people stick to their guns at all costs. Not sure that is ever a good thing in any aspect of yourlife! At least Brian and Roger realized that just because you are on a talent show, it does not mean that you are not an amazing talent.

Oh dear. That again.
How do you really know AL can tackle all of Queen's music? I've not heard him even try to sing every song in the Queen catalogue...have you?
Like I have replied to you before, only the music itself can and will change my mind. Reviews, tweets, articles aren't going to do it it for me. If my mind will not be changed...no big deal.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby fairydandy » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:57 am

snifflese wrote:Open minded people will change their minds if something is significant enough to change it. Adam has such as amazing voice, one that can tackle all of Queen's music, and to ignore that would be kind of dumb. Only close minded people stick to their guns at all costs. Not sure that is ever a good thing in any aspect of yourlife! At least Brian and Roger realized that just because you are on a talent show, it does not mean that you are not an amazing talent.

Yes, but the operative word here is 'significant'.

Anyway, how can Brian and Roger produce a musical that is all about the death of 'real' music and real talent, yet end up with this very ordinary talent show singer?

They both seem to have gone a bit doolally tap in their old age. Ok, he can sing the songs, but the bike, the crown, the chaise longue, the scripted tackiness of it all, right down to Brian with that ludicrous selfie stick moment (get over yourself Brian, you're looking more and more stupid everytime you do it)...they became everything that the musical stood against.

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby sharon20 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:06 am

fairydandy wrote:

Yes, but the operative word here is 'significant'.

Anyway, how can Brian and Roger produce a musical that is all about the death of 'real' music and real talent, yet end up with this very ordinary talent show singer?

They both seem to have gone a bit doolally tap in their old age. Ok, he can sing the songs, but the bike, the crown, the chaise longue, the scripted tackiness of it all, right down to Brian with that ludicrous selfie stick moment (get over yourself Brian, you're looking more and more stupid everytime you do it)...they became everything that the musical stood against.

Does it really have to be that deep though? They're having fun, they know they can't replicate what they had with Freddie, so why try, why not just put on a show that people enjoy, and they really do, it's fun and a bit like a theater show really but it's still really good. You'd be surprised how many people comment on the bike and the costume changes etc, saying they love it. There's plenty bands out there doing the straight rock thing, why not have something different, and to be fair Queen, especially in the early days were always theatrical. I know Freddie went more macho in the 80's but if you look back at the early shows Freddie liked to play dress up and be over the top.

sharon20
Spread Your Wings

Postby fairydandy » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:16 am

sharon20 wrote:
Does it really have to be that deep though? They're having fun, they know they can't replicate what they had with Freddie, so why try, why not just put on a show that people enjoy, and they really do, it's fun and a bit like a theater show really but it's still really good. You'd be surprised how many people comment on the bike and the costume changes etc, saying they love it. There's plenty bands out there doing the straight rock thing, why not have something different, and to be fair Queen, especially in the early days were always theatrical. I know Freddie went more macho in the 80's but if you look back at the early shows Freddie liked to play dress up and be over the top.

I agree, they are having fun, but do they really have to let this tacky man cheapen everything so much? You say that people comment on the bike and the costume changes, but in fairness that would be the Lambert fans, let's face it, it fits their personality type to a tee.

It is deep, I agree with you, but real passion for music and for a band is 'deep', it's tribal almost and you won't ever convert some of the fans on this board, no matter how hard you try. I will never go to see a QAL show because I don't like Adam Lambert's voice or his behaviour on that stage with two of my (former) heroes. I say former because they mean almost nothing to me now. They seemed to have sucked all of the life out of this band now, it's almost become a travelling circus act and that's not the band that I support.

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby sharon20 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:00 am

I get that not everyone will like it but the people I see on facebook mentioning the bike etc aren't glamberts. They don't mention it, they're used to Adam, it's people who haven't seen the show, saying they were skeptical and not sure what to expect but were pleasantly surprised and loved it. Some even said they'd seen vids and were really only going because it was a chance to see Brian & Roger and weren't keen on Adam's antics only to change their mind once they'd seen the show. That's the problem with all the stuff being on YouTube, it's taken completely out of context and looks far more overdone than it really is.

The antics if you like take up about 10 mins out of a 2 plus hour show, the rest isn't like that although it is very themed and rehearsed like a stage show.

Anyway, not trying to convert anyone, just saying it's not as over the top as the vids would lead people to believe, but each to their own.

sharon20
Spread Your Wings

Postby CNB » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:36 pm

sharon20 wrote:I get that not everyone will like it but the people I see on facebook mentioning the bike etc aren't glamberts. They don't mention it, they're used to Adam, it's people who haven't seen the show, saying they were skeptical and not sure what to expect but were pleasantly surprised and loved it. Some even said they'd seen vids and were really only going because it was a chance to see Brian & Roger and weren't keen on Adam's antics only to change their mind once they'd seen the show. That's the problem with all the stuff being on YouTube, it's taken completely out of context and looks far more overdone than it really is.

The antics if you like take up about 10 mins out of a 2 plus hour show, the rest isn't like that although it is very themed and rehearsed like a stage show.

Anyway, not trying to convert anyone, just saying it's not as over the top as the vids would lead people to believe, but each to their own.

If fairy boy ever went to a QAL show, he would be totally blown away! If he doesn’t want to be entertained, he should stick with the boring guys in the plaid shirts standing in front of a mic strumming their guitars. Queen Music is powerful and theatrical and demands a charismatic singer like Freddie and Adam! Brian and Roger have learned that it doesn’t matter how a special talent is discovered!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby CNB » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:31 pm

Well written review of the Perth show:

http://xpressmag.com.au/queen-adam-lamb ... gets-9-10/
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby dave4343palace » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:38 pm

CNB wrote:
sharon20 wrote:I get that not everyone will like it but the people I see on facebook mentioning the bike etc aren't glamberts. They don't mention it, they're used to Adam, it's people who haven't seen the show, saying they were skeptical and not sure what to expect but were pleasantly surprised and loved it. Some even said they'd seen vids and were really only going because it was a chance to see Brian & Roger and weren't keen on Adam's antics only to change their mind once they'd seen the show. That's the problem with all the stuff being on YouTube, it's taken completely out of context and looks far more overdone than it really is.

If fairy boy ever went to a QAL show, he would be totally blown away! If he doesn’t want to be entertained, he should stick with the boring guys in the plaid shirts standing in front of a mic strumming their guitars. Queen Music is powerful and theatrical and demands a charismatic singer like Freddie and Adam! Brian and Roger have learned that it doesn’t matter how a special talent is discovered!

What makes you think that going to a show will change anyone's opinion when there are people like me who have seen Q+AL many more times live than you and are still revolted by Lambert's antics when, for example, pissing all over STL, Bicycle Race and Killer Queen?

dave4343palace
Spread Your Wings

Postby icy » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:31 pm

CNB wrote:

And you know he would be blown away because?
Or is it a hope of yours?
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby icy » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:36 pm

dave4343palace wrote:
CNB wrote:

What makes you think that going to a show will change anyone's opinion when there are people like me who have seen Q+AL many more times live than you and are still revolted by Lambert's antics when, for example, pissing all over STL, Bicycle Race and Killer Queen?

Good point. Some of what he does during Q+AL concerts would be better off for his solo shows. Then again, I guess he couldn't even try to pull off the cape and crown in his solo concerts.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby CNB » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:39 pm

dave4343palace wrote:
CNB wrote:

My favorite since June 19, 2014 has been Stone Cold Crazy but I LOVE Adam’s performances of Somebody To Love, Killer Queen and Bicycle Race, not to mention his perfect I Was Born To Love You, Love Kills and WWTLF.
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby AngelR » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:38 am

dave4343palace wrote:
CNB wrote:

Why do you keep seeing them live?
My favourite song from the 2015 tour was Somebody To Love, I thought it was exquisite :lol: :lol: :lol:

AngelR
The Show Must Go On

Postby icy » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:28 am

AngelR wrote:

Why do you keep seeing them live?
My favourite song from the 2015 tour was Somebody To Love, I thought it was exquisite :lol: :lol: :lol:

Brian and Roger maybe is the reason for Dave going to see the shows? :idea:
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby CNB » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:21 am

IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

PreviousNext

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert