QAL Tour in New Zealand/Australia

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Re: QAL Tour in New Zealand/Australia

Postby TheHero » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:48 pm

Nicki79 wrote:I love Brian and Adam giving their „well rehearsed“ introduction to „Somebody to love“. Here is the newest version from Auckland. I know, some here find it cheesy. I love it. It’s 2 minutes of fun to me and from the chuckles of the guy filming (or one of his neighbors), I‘m not alone:
http://youtu.be/_05hi9M6PwQ
(Introduction and STL from Auckland)

Great to see them having fun with the audience. It makes me smile to watch this. :-) Queen gets to play their music live around the World, and interacting with new generations of fans, and that is a good thing for Queen.

But what is the magic of it all, is Queen's songs. Their music only gets better over the years, like good wine.

I have been a fan since I first heard them in 1991. For 27 years I have been a fan, still not tired of the Queen albums. Their music is truly unique.

I see myself as one of the fans of the original Queen, but even I did not see them live with Freddie. I think new generations will love Queen and discover their songs, because they are epic

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby CNB » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:22 pm

Adam on radio ahead of Sydney shows:

http://www.wsfm.com.au/shows/jonesy-ama ... ydney-show
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby TheHero » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:05 am

phpBB [video]

Remember this ? :biggrin:

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Nicki79 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:29 am

TheHero wrote:Another question; I see the top tickets are called The Ulitmate VIP On-stage Experience.

What exactly does that mean? Do you get to meet the band on stage before, during or after the concert ?

Not that I can afford it, I am just curious because they are
12 times more expensive than the cheapest tickets, so it must be something special included, apart from being also Golden Circle. They also cost 6 times more than a standard Golden Circle ticket.

I had "The Ultimative VIP-Onstage Experience". I was offered it in Prague, after I apparently was one of the first to buy a ticket in the fan-presale. I thought a long time about it, because: yes, it is very expensive.But it Prague it was less than half of what these tickets cost in the UK or the USA. So I went for it and changed my normal ticket to that special one.

What you get before the show:
- a backstage tour by an experienced crew-member (Andy, the guy with the chaiselong) :cool: . You get to see the corridors behind the stage with hundredth of boxes (in all sizes for everything they take with them), the "light and video-departement" in the middle of the standing area and the stage. And you can ask as many questions about the show as you want.The more you ask, the more interesting it is.
- a folding seat on a little side-stage, right behind Spike's keyboard (which none of us ever used :lol: ).
- some special VIP-merchandise (or whatever the promoter at your venue has in store, that differs)
-to talk to your co-fans, who are as exited as you :cheers:

What you don't get before the show:
- You don't meet the band. Though sometimes people get lucky: When Brian feels like it, he comes out of his room and greets the VIP's. Then you'll get a hug, a photo, an autograph and a few minutes to talk to him. But that's NOT guaranteed and doesn't happen that often. I wasn't lucky :-( . I've never heard of Roger or Adam coming out of their rooms to meet the VIP's

During the show:
You have a very special experience, because you can see and hear the same as the band. Spike is directly in front of you. I was literally leaning on the stage almost for the whole concert, because the stage is about 1 meter higher than our little stage was.
But is it a great seat?
That depends on what you want. As I said: You experience the show from "behind". You see the band only from the side or from behind. But VERY close.
You can't see the big round screen. Meaning, you also can't see Frank smashing the wall in the beginning. BUT you see the band coming on stage, taking their positions, getting ready. The same goes during Brian's solo, when that screen is down again: You can't see all the projections. You can see, how Brian is secured on his little lift. How he is standing up there, playing his guitar. And what happens on stage. But you never see, what the rest of the audience sees (and they can't see, what you see either). On the other hand, you see the audience-reactions, all the faces, emotions and hands clapping.
So, it is a very unique experience.

The only thing, that I really hated, was the position of Spike's keyboard directly in front of us. Since our stage was much lower, we were not able to look over it. Standing in the middle of our stage, we could only see the keyboard and Spike (his knees were about the height of my head). That means, you can only stand on the right handsight beside it (from there you can see Adam, Brian and Neil). Or on the left handsight beside it with a good view of Tyler and his percussions and a not so great view of Roger and his drumkit (actually Roger can barely be seen behind it at all.) You can never see all of them. And the spot to see Brian and Adam isn't wide enough, so that only about 4 people can stand there. And when Adam moves around and is in the middle of the main stage, (AKA behind the keyboard), he can't be seen from our point at all. So it also depends on your co-VIP's and that you swap places.
Since we were only 8 people (and I believe, it can be only up to 12, not more), you have more than enough room to walk around that little stage though. It's almost as long as the big stage deep. Directly behind us was Neil's bass-tech. He gave me one of Brian's picks, that he uses for the acoustic guitar.

So it's a completely different experience. If you want a great seat with a great view of the show, then it's definitely the wrong seat for you. :lol: From this aspect, I would even say, they are some of the worst seats (although the sound was absolutely great!!)

In the end, you must either be a huuuge fan, who wants to come close to the band (but be aware, they will almost ignore you) or someone, who is really interested in how all the technical things and the band in itself are working together.
You may meet Brian backstage, you may get a solo from Brian smiling at you, (Hey, he was posing less than one meter in front of us !(YES,there I got lucky.). You may get some High Fives by the supporting musicians (Tyler, Neil). And you'll have fun with Neil, who often came over. But all these things are not guaranteed, and some of these you can also experience, while standing in the front row.

Here are two links to some pictures I took during the concert.
http://twitter.com/nimili79/status/927253094714544128
http://twitter.com/nimili79/status/925866219420479499
http://twitter.com/nimili79/status/925857123866734592

One last thing: I would only recommend it, when you have another chance to see the show from the front, because from behind, you`re really missing a lot!
Last edited by Nicki79 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby The Milkman » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:47 am

WOW, so many pics of Brian and Roger. :lol:
Being offended is a small price to pay for the right to free speech.

The Milkman
Somebody To Love

Postby Nicki79 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:49 am

The Milkman wrote:WOW, so many pics of Brian and Roger. :lol:

:cool: :lol:
Actually you can’t see Roger from that position. And Brian is mostly on the other side of the stage. But yes: I prefer taking pictures of Adam.

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby The Milkman » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:51 am

Nicki79 wrote:
The Milkman wrote:WOW, so many pics of Brian and Roger. :lol:

:cool: :lol:
Actually you can’t see Roger from that position. And Brian is mostly on the other side of the stage. But yes: I prefer taking pictures of Adam.

:lol: You couldn't hide that if you tried. Does Roger ever come out to sing?

The Milkman
Somebody To Love

Postby Nicki79 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:55 am

Unfortunately only on the B-stage. IAILWMC was from behind his drums. And IAKOM or TATDOOL were added later in the tour. So no close Roger for us. :-(

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby The Milkman » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:56 am

Nicki79 wrote:Unfortunately only on the B-stage. IAILWMC was from behind his drums. And IAKOM or TATDOOL were added later in the tour. So no close Roger for us. :-(

Damn, he's the best looking one. :lol:

The Milkman
Somebody To Love

Postby Nicki79 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:00 am

That might depend on your age. :lol:
But it was really a bummer, that we could not really see him from our stage.

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby CNB » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:48 am

IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby icy » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:02 am

What does his dating have to do with anything about Q+AL?
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby icy » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:05 am

Nicki79 wrote:That might depend on your age. :lol:

Wow, if I shelled out alot of money for vip tickets, i'd think the view would be better.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby The Milkman » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:09 am

Nicki79 wrote:That might depend on your age. :lol:

I don't think age has anything to do with it because a lot of women lusting after Adam are older than Yoda.

The Milkman
Somebody To Love

Postby The Milkman » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:21 am

icy wrote:
Nicki79 wrote:I love Brian and Adam giving their „well rehearsed“ introduction to „Somebody to love“. Here is the newest version from Auckland. I know, some here find it cheesy. I love it. It’s 2 minutes of fun to me and from the chuckles of the guy filming (or one of his neighbors), I‘m not alone:
http://youtu.be/_05hi9M6PwQ
(Introduction and STL from Auckland)

Yup, it gets even more cheesy as time goes on :o

I watched 1:34 of that shit and had to turn it off. 100% garbage and pretty damn sad IMHO. John Deacon needs to voice his opinion because I want to know if he feels like a lot of us do about this Broadway version of his band. I don't blame him for not wanting to talk to Brian and Roger anymore.

The Milkman
Somebody To Love

PreviousNext

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert