Japan 2014 release

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Re: Japan 2014 release

Postby sharon20 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:50 pm

I would love some unplugged gigs personally and I think Adam excels at that kind of thing but like you I can't see it happening. My favourites of his solo shows are the festival ones where he just wore jeans and tee shirt, no costume changes, no gimmicks and just did whatever came to mind on a whim. I think when he's solo and the band are handpicked and he can just tell them how he want's things it works but even with the freedom he has that wouldn't work with Queen and the fact they are big arena shows as opposed to small solo venues probably means they have to work out the time scale and have the everything locked down and scripted to an extent.

With his solo stuff he said earlier in the year he was doing music which is more guitar driven, real instruments as opposed to the electronic stuff so I'm hoping he hasn't had a rethink on that.

sharon20
Spread Your Wings

Postby icy » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:17 pm

sharon20 wrote:I would love some unplugged gigs personally and I think Adam excels at that kind of thing but like you I can't see it happening. My favourites of his solo shows are the festival ones where he just wore jeans and tee shirt, no costume changes, no gimmicks and just did whatever came to mind on a whim. I think when he's solo and the band are handpicked and he can just tell them how he want's things it works but even with the freedom he has that wouldn't work with Queen and the fact they are big arena shows as opposed to small solo venues probably means they have to work out the time scale and have the everything locked down and scripted to an extent.

With his solo stuff he said earlier in the year he was doing music which is more guitar driven, real instruments as opposed to the electronic stuff so I'm hoping he hasn't had a rethink on that.

I already think Brian did the unplugged type of shows with Kerry Ellis and might not want to do it with Adam. A shame I think. I think that could be a whole new way of doing it, and with the possibility of DOOL being included, I'd be all for it. Wishful thinking, I know.
AL has changed his mind, and if anything it sure has my interest up about what his next music will bring. Last time I was bummed EITN wasn't released, because I really liked that song.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby Nicki79 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:56 pm

Did Queen ever do a small unplugged Show? I don’t think, that’s what most people are thinking of, when they are thinking of a Queen-Show. I certainly don’t. One off would be very interesting though. But I don’t see it ever happen.
A little treat for those interested: here is Adam doing an acoustic/ unplugged version of CLTCL:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=RN2XTtNwWpQ

Nicki79
Spread Your Wings

Previous

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert