Japan 2014 release

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Re: Japan 2014 release

Postby CNB » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:05 pm

YAFF wrote:
icy wrote:Says you, right? Gotta big up AL even to try to make Freddie look lesser. I'd rather Freddie alive, drunk onstage these days even than the gimmicks All does any day, it's not like Freddie being drunk onstage happened all the time.
Who has ever said Freddie was a saint??

Yep. This is the most obnoxious tactic by Adam groupies, to attack or question Freddie's antics or style to lessen the foulness of their reality show reject. No worry though. Time will pass. Freddie will be a legend and will only become more esteemed while Lameberace will fade into obscurity and be a footnote in Queen history at best. Lamby will never be viewed as one of the great vocalists of rock. Nevvvvvvver.

Here’s something that has puzzled me about Adam not being considered to have a good rock voice. If you listen to the end of this video when they have Freddie and Adam alternating the lines, they sound alike!

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/PYWVxpvLQcQ
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby JLP » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:19 pm

Nicki79 wrote:
grumpy dwarf wrote:
Nicki79 wrote:Was that the show, were Freddie wore his pants accidentally backwards? (I saw an interview with Brian, Roger and Adam, were the interviewer from New Zealand mentioned that incident and they said, Freddie had too much before the show and it wasn’t their best. ;) ).
Here is a link to that interview for those interested:
http://youtu.be/a5_WAz-WK1Q

Yes, that's it. The one and only ever New Zealand show. As you can imagine, I don't find too much fault with the present shows after that. I was very disappointed at the time.

Their only show with Freddie in New Zealand? Wow. I would have been pissed, if I had waited to finally see them and then all I would have gotten was a complete mess of a concert. Must have been very disappointing.

Absolutely agree. It was unprofessional.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby icy » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:52 pm

YAFF wrote:
icy wrote:Says you, right? Gotta big up AL even to try to make Freddie look lesser. I'd rather Freddie alive, drunk onstage these days even than the gimmicks All does any day, it's not like Freddie being drunk onstage happened all the time.

Yep. This is the most obnoxious tactic by Adam groupies, to attack or question Freddie's antics or style to lessen the foulness of their reality show reject. No worry though. Time will pass. Freddie will be a legend and will only become more esteemed while Lameberace will fade into obscurity and be a footnote in Queen history at best. Lamby will never be viewed as one of the great vocalists of rock. Nevvvvvvver.

Oh I know it all too well. I'm not worried, just taken aback at times the way some defend and big up AL, while trying to make Freddie look lesser. I've read it many times before.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby icy » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:56 pm

CNB wrote:Re: the cape and the crown, I can take it or leave it! I was surprised at opening night in Chicago in 2014 when Adam wore the crown for the encore for the first time, When they were taking their bows, Adam took off the crown and handed it to Brian. Brian would not take it back and put it right back on Adam’s head which seemed to symbolize that they felt he deserved to wear it!

Did Brian or Roger ever say anything about AL deserving to wear the crown? I'm not aware of it off hand.
What a cheap gimmick, and you are lapping it up by saying it seemed to symbolize that they felt he deserved to wear it. I don't even think you care how that can come across especially on a Queen board.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby icy » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:37 pm

CNB wrote:
YAFF wrote:

Here’s something that has puzzled me about Adam not being considered to have a good rock voice. If you listen to the end of this video when they have Freddie and Adam alternating the lines, they sound alike!

Him singing Queen songs does not make him or anyone have a good rock voice. Bohemian Rhapsody is one of the Queen songs that is a prime example.
They don't sound alike at all, not there or ever.
Watching that video again...why the hell is AL singing the ending of Bohemian Rhapsody by himself in the recent shows? Was AL, Brian and Roger worried Freddie might have got cheers or something. I believe it should have been Freddie only to sing it.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby CNB » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:21 am

icy wrote:
CNB wrote:

Him singing Queen songs does not make him or anyone have a good rock voice. Bohemian Rhapsody is one of the Queen songs that is a prime example.
They don't sound alike at all, not there or ever.
Watching that video again...why the hell is AL singing the ending of Bohemian Rhapsody by himself in the recent shows? Was AL, Brian and Roger worried Freddie might have got cheers or something. I believe it should have been Freddie only to sing it.

That video is from the QAL show I attended last July! I have no idea why it was changed.
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby sharon20 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:12 am

After the first three Europe shows where Adam mixed up the lyrics they dropped the duet at the end and Adam did the whole song for the rest of the shows in Europe and UK. They still did the intro the same though. He did make a point of saying on his instagram that he's singing to a live recording of Freddie on keys.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bca0UyQg_5O ... damlambert

sharon20
Spread Your Wings

Postby icy » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:44 am

sharon20 wrote:After the first three Europe shows where Adam mixed up the lyrics they dropped the duet at the end and Adam did the whole song for the rest of the shows in Europe and UK. They still did the intro the same though. He did make a point of saying on his instagram that he's singing to a live recording of Freddie on keys.

Given the fact AL messed up the lyrics of Bohemian Rhapsody, I would not have given him more of the song to sing.
I at least would have kept Freddie's vocals at the end. But even that was taken out to have AL sing more. :roll:
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby sharon20 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:04 am

I think he's been with them long enough he's earned the right to sing it all if that's what he wants to do. To my knowledge he didn't mess up the lyrics again afterwards so maybe it works better for him to do the whole thing. I don't mind either way but I get some people might.

sharon20
Spread Your Wings

Postby icy » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:33 am

sharon20 wrote:I think he's been with them long enough he's earned the right to sing it all if that's what he wants to do. To my knowledge he didn't mess up the lyrics again afterwards so maybe it works better for him to do the whole thing. I don't mind either way but I get some people might.

No, I don't think he's earned that right to sing it all. He never wrote it, produced it, hell he wasn't even born at the time. Not his blood, sweat and tears that were put into and are in Bohemian Rhapsody. If he, Brian and Roger feels the want and need to have AL sing as much a possible, that's really selfish, IMO. To take away so much of Freddie in these shows isn't a good thing in my books.
Bohemian Rhapsody is not only my favorite Queen song, it's my favorite song ever, so I am passionate about it. I thought it was a bad idea when Freddie's and ALs voices joined at the end, but having AL even take that over...it's mind boggling to me.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby Innuendoes » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:41 pm

sharon20 wrote:After the first three Europe shows where Adam mixed up the lyrics they dropped the duet at the end and Adam did the whole song for the rest of the shows in Europe and UK. They still did the intro the same though. He did make a point of saying on his instagram that he's singing to a live recording of Freddie on keys.

:?

Innuendoes

Postby snifflese » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:18 pm

Wow, we wouldn't have much music if only the original artist could sing their song. Does that also apply to the great pianists that composed music 100's of years ago? Guess we wouldn't have had any of that either. Kind of a ridiculous statement, don't you think? There have been so many songs that have been covered and new recordings of old standards come out over time. Then there are concerts where singers cover songs of different artists. The idea that a song can only be sung by the person who wrote it is a little extreme.

I agree with Sharon that at this point after singing with Queen for 5 years and 100's of concerts, Adam can sing any Queen song.I don't understand that because a song is special to you, Adam can't sing it. You also mentioned 2 of the albums that he needs to stay away from. Ridiculous. Who are you to say certain songs can't be sung? It is up to Brian and Roger as to what they would like to perform and I am sure Adam has some say in that. I know he wanted to do Dragon Attack. If you are going to do a concert people have favorites. What would the audience say with no Bohemian Rhapsody? I sure don't want some picture of an artist singing. It was fine with the back and forth, but I like it even better now. Freddie has a different part that he does in the latest concert and it is his moment to shine. They are switching it up, just like you people always want!

snifflese
Spread Your Wings

Postby sharon20 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:35 pm

I agree, Brian & Roger should do whichever songs they want in whatever way they want. Loads of people cover Queen songs, there's cover bands constantly touring doing whichever songs they like.

I didn't see any negative comments on facebook etc when they changed the ending, I don't think people going to the shows expect anything specific at these shows, they just go for a good time. Now we can view everything on YouTube and even stream shows live it makes it that people who don't go to the shows can weigh in on all sorts of things in the show that they previously wouldn't know about, you only need to see the comments on YouTube. I think it also highlights any mistakes which in the scheme of the show you don't even notice.

When I say Adam's earned the right I mean in the sense that he's no longer just a guest singer for a few shows but a permanent part of the band for as long as they can still tour, or as long as they all want to tour. Obviously he had no part in creating any of the music.

sharon20
Spread Your Wings

Postby eiricd » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:16 pm

I urge lambert fans to read/reply to my previous post.
annoying when you take a few minutes of precious time to make valid points, and the glamberts ignore it.

he is a copy cat. and imo he has a VERY limited amount of liberty of what he can and cannot do as a hired gun.

eiricd
The Show Must Go On

Postby CNB » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:03 pm

eiricd wrote:I urge lambert fans to read/reply to my previous post.
annoying when you take a few minutes of precious time to make valid points, and the glamberts ignore it.

he is a copy cat. and imo he has a VERY limited amount of liberty of what he can and cannot do as a hired gun.

I just read ALL of your previous posts in this thread and your point is what? That you liked QPR better because he is an original and wasn’t copying Freddie?

I think B & R like Adam interpreting their music because he IS more theatrical and more like Freddie! Paul has a raspy rock voice, but Adam’s range is more flexible. He sings everything, pop, rock, reggae, R&B, disco, blues, country, etc.
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

PreviousNext

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert