The O2 Arena on July 2nd! And more to come.

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Re: The O2 Arena on July 2nd! And more to come.

Postby Nicki79 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:13 pm

icy wrote:Wembley :mouth:. I'm shocked they are going for it. Will it sell out?

It’s „just“ the arena. ;) :lol: (...at least until now.)
 
Nicki79
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 179
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:52 pm
Location: Germany
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: The O2 Arena on July 2nd! And more to come.

Postby Nicki79 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:19 pm

AngelR wrote:
Nicki79 wrote:Sometimes I‘m wondering, why they bother to build that stage in two different venues in London on two subsequent days. I guess the venues want them, but it must be a pain in the ass for the roadies.., :lol:


Maybe there was no consecutive dates available to book in either of the venues?

But they did that on all QAL-tours, that hit London. I think, there must me more to it.
 
Nicki79
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 179
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:52 pm
Location: Germany
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: The O2 Arena on July 2nd! And more to come.

Postby icy » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:28 pm

Nicki79 wrote:
icy wrote:Wembley :mouth:. I'm shocked they are going for it. Will it sell out?

It’s „just“ the arena. ;) :lol: (...at least until now.)

Ah, I got mixed up there. I think very few people could sell out the stadium these days.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 15723
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 243 times
Been thanked: 529 times

Re: The O2 Arena on July 2nd! And more to come.

Postby Nicki79 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:03 am

Wembley Tickets just went on sale!!!!! at ticketmaster
 
Nicki79
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 179
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:52 pm
Location: Germany
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: The O2 Arena on July 2nd! And more to come.

Postby slightlymad1970 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:21 am

Within only days of having announced a series of Europe and UK summer shows, Queen + Adam Lambert have now added a second London date. Shows in Madrid and Barcelona have also been confirmed today - see below.

The band will now also perform at Wembley Arena on Sunday 1st July. This is due to huge demand for the originally announced 02 Arena show scheduled for 2 July.

Tickets for the Wembley Arena show go on sale to general public this Friday, February 9 from 9.00am.

These London dates are part of a twelve-city Europe tour currently being announced. So far, these two London shows are the only UK dates included.

Other countries the tour will cover include Spain, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, and Belgium.


So we now have the official announcement for the Wembley Arena show, that makes 9 cities announced, so with the above press release stating a 12 city tour there are 3 more dates to be added.

I still say they have underestimated demand for tickets in the UK, they should have played one stadium show at Wembley or Twickenham or the Olympic Stadium as the climax of the tour. It definitely would have sold out and would've made the perfect show for a possible DVD release.
 
slightlymad1970
We Will Rock You
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 614
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:53 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 46 times

Re: The O2 Arena on July 2nd! And more to come.

Postby cmsdrums » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:52 am

A "12 city tour" might mean more than 3 further dates....e.g. London is one city but has two dates
 
cmsdrums
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 235
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:24 am
Location: Kent ,UK
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 60 times
Been thanked: 20 times

Re: The O2 Arena on July 2nd! And more to come.

Postby parchedpeas » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:17 am

cmsdrums wrote:A "12 city tour" might mean more than 3 further dates....e.g. London is one city but has two dates


They are SO playing Manchester. It sells out in minutes when they go there. Might consider going if it dovetails with Eels playing there on 3rd July.
 
parchedpeas
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 197
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:23 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 14 times

Re: The O2 Arena on July 2nd! And more to come.

Postby Jimi » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:54 am

I make you right.
I don't think leeds will be on the list.
It just wasn't big enough for the gear
 
Jimi
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:37 am
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: The O2 Arena on July 2nd! And more to come.

Postby hotspace1966 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:15 pm

I guess London has been added as it is the home town, nothing to suggest any other UK cities will included again. All are worthy but all have been visited. If they visit Manchester then why not Liverpool and so an and so on...
I am not saying they shouldn't just don't think they will on this outing.

I also think that at an extreme push they maybe able to sell out Wembley Stadium or The London Stadium but possibly think venues already booked for other bands months ago and so safer option being O2 and SSE which fall in line with the time their going out.
I am of the opinion that that should they decide to announce a 'Final Tour' on this scale then you may see a few Stadium dates rather than arena's
A big arse inflatable Frank on the roof of Wembley Stadium looking in...lol
 
hotspace1966
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:15 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: The O2 Arena on July 2nd! And more to come.

Postby Echoplex » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:36 pm

Nicki79 wrote:Sometimes I‘m wondering, why they bother to build that stage in two different venues in London on two subsequent days. I guess the venues want them, but it must be a pain in the ass for the roadies.., :lol:


Load in usually starts at 6am load out is usually done between 2 and 2:30am. To save time at some venues they do a pre rig the night before (hanging the chains and motors that the lights, sound and video are flown from. Back to back shows can be hard. On the winter tour, like most tours, they did two back to backs and then a day off. Travelling from north London to the eastend is easier than for instance Glasgow to Newcastle on a back to back.

The reason for adding Wembley could be that they or the promoter wasn't sure of selling two o2 shows coming 6 months after the last, between 18 and 20 thousand at the o2 compared to 12500 at Wembley.

Also Phil McIntyre may have days at either of those venues available to him that he has to fill. Harvey Goldsmith in the 80's and 90's used to "buy up" all the available days at Earls Court so that he could put band or shows in there when it suited him and the acts. It also meant he could do deals with other promoters to sell the dates he didn't need on. This is just guess work on my part but Phil McIntyre maybe in a similar position so wants to use his allocation of available dates.

The o2 seems to have nothing on either side of the Queen date so I can't think of any other reasons not to play two days in a row there.
 
Echoplex
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:00 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: The O2 Arena on July 2nd! And more to come.

Postby CNB » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:05 pm

IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!
 
CNB
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 8686
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:54 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 490 times
Been thanked: 404 times

Re: The O2 Arena on July 2nd! And more to come.

Postby Nicki79 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:11 pm



They didn’t count in the open presale yesterday... ;)
Great PR,but not really the truth.
Impressive, nevertheless!
 
Nicki79
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 179
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:52 pm
Location: Germany
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: The O2 Arena on July 2nd! And more to come.

Postby Nicki79 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:17 pm

Echoplex wrote:
Load in usually starts at 6am load out is usually done between 2 and 2:30am. To save time at some venues they do a pre rig the night before (hanging the chains and motors that the lights, sound and video are flown from. Back to back shows can be hard. On the winter tour, like most tours, they did two back to backs and then a day off. Travelling from north London to the eastend is easier than for instance Glasgow to Newcastle on a back to back.

The reason for adding Wembley could be that they or the promoter wasn't sure of selling two o2 shows coming 6 months after the last, between 18 and 20 thousand at the o2 compared to 12500 at Wembley.

Also Phil McIntyre may have days at either of those venues available to him that he has to fill. Harvey Goldsmith in the 80's and 90's used to "buy up" all the available days at Earls Court so that he could put band or shows in there when it suited him and the acts. It also meant he could do deals with other promoters to sell the dates he didn't need on. This is just guess work on my part but Phil McIntyre maybe in a similar position so wants to use his allocation of available dates.

The o2 seems to have nothing on either side of the Queen date so I can't think of any other reasons not to play two days in a row there.

Thanks for the explanation. And yes, I did learn a bit about setting up the stage and so on a backstage tour.

I was especially wondering, because they had gigs at both venues in 2015 and 2017 as well. Meaning, although they could easily play 3 shows at the O2, they always have one gig in Wembley... Could it simply be, that the venues want them? Or is it nostalgia on Brian and Roger’s side?
 
Nicki79
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 179
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:52 pm
Location: Germany
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: The O2 Arena on July 2nd! And more to come.

Postby icy » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:21 pm

hotspace1966 wrote:I guess London has been added as it is the home town, nothing to suggest any other UK cities will included again. All are worthy but all have been visited. If they visit Manchester then why not Liverpool and so an and so on...
I am not saying they shouldn't just don't think they will on this outing.

I also think that at an extreme push they maybe able to sell out Wembley Stadium or The London Stadium but possibly think venues already booked for other bands months ago and so safer option being O2 and SSE which fall in line with the time their going out.
I am of the opinion that that should they decide to announce a 'Final Tour' on this scale then you may see a few Stadium dates rather than arena's
A big arse inflatable Frank on the roof of Wembley Stadium looking in...lol


Unless it's the very last show for Brian and Roger, I can't see them going for Wembley Stadium...even then it might be tough to sell it out.
If they do try for Wembley Stadium, I'd have mixed feelings. I can't help but think of Live Aid and the Freddie Tribute every time that place is mentioned.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 15723
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 243 times
Been thanked: 529 times

Re: The O2 Arena on July 2nd! And more to come.

Postby icy » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:14 am

A 3rd London and final show at the O2 Arena on July 4th. Tix on sale at 10 am..today!
ETA~ Just realized the time difference, already past 10 am over there...hope those who want tix are getting them, or will get tix. Gosh, I wish the POTB gave more of a heads up before the tickets went on sale this morning.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 15723
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 243 times
Been thanked: 529 times

PreviousNext

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests