The O2 Arena on July 2nd! And more to come.

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Re: The O2 Arena on July 2nd! And more to come.

Postby CNB » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:57 pm

How many of the “experts” who laugh at Brian for calling these shows live and dangerous have done the same thing themselves? If it looks “easy” to you, that’s because these guys are so professional and so perfect, THEY make it LOOK easy!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby fairydandy » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:55 pm

Faellie wrote:Two hours on stage. Standing for nearly all of it. Walking for a lot of it, and running for some. Playing guitar at the highest technical and musical level, and singing a lot as well. Two hours of mental concentration along with the physical work, remembering and recreating the words and music to 26 different songs, co-ordinating every note and every move with 5 other people. Doing it all while being on show to thousands of people for every minute of it.

There are maybe a few hundred people in the world who play two hour arena concerts as lead guitarist. The ones who've been doing it for over 40 years can be counted on the fingers of one hand in a world of 7 billion people. It takes talent and hard work to get to that level and more talent and more hard work to sustain it. Neither fairydandy nor their bloke at work could come anything close to doing it at any age.

Stop this nonsense. He's 70, not 90. :roll: Given that he is already a technically gifted guitarist, given that he has done it hundreds or perhaps thousands of times, it can't be that bloody difficult to play the damned thing!

The thing about Brian is that he over-dramatises things. For weeks on end we get stereo pictures of that stupid exercise bike on his website. It's as if he is doing something exceptional here and it really isn't. Granted you have to be reasonably fit and granted he has to apply himself, but physically I do not agree that it's anything out of the ordinary. Look at Keith Richards, he's not exactly a keep fit fanatic, but he manages it. :roll:

https://media.gq.com/photos/565c619649a ... rds-sq.jpg

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby fairydandy » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:58 pm

Someone should split this topic now!

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby fairydandy » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:58 pm

CNB wrote:How many of the “experts” who laugh at Brian for calling these shows live and dangerous have done the same thing themselves? If it looks “easy” to you, that’s because these guys are so professional and so perfect, THEY make it LOOK easy!

What's dangerous about it?

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby Nicki79 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:15 pm

fairydandy wrote:
What's dangerous about it?

I think,I wouldn’t really call the show dangerous.
BUT: After the show, that I watched from one of the stage seats, the big, big screen came almost down on my head. :shock: I was just putting on my jacket, standing very close to the stage with my tour program lying on the stage. And although we were warned before the show, I didn’t pay attention to that screen. Thankfully one of the security guys/crew pulled be back in time... otherwise it would have come down on my head.
So since that stage does have a lot of gimmicks, it is in parts indeed dangerous . :cool: :lol:
The guy (Andy) , who led us around backstage before the show, told us, that it was his job as well to look out for the guys on stage during the show, since they sometimes forget, where NOT to stand at certain moments...

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby cjhill » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:38 pm

I come on here to read about the new announcements and all I see is a full blown argument ensuing.

Why does everything have to end with people bickering like school children?

Whether it is dangerous or not, whether it is exhausting or not, I for one, think it is great that Brian and Roger can still get out there and do the business after all this time, AND that they still have the enthusiasm for it (let's face it they don't need the money!)

Now back on topic. Does anyone know when pre-sale emails will be sent out?

cjhill
Spread Your Wings

Postby ronny verstraete » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:42 pm

Werchter Classic, 16/6/2018???

ronny verstraete
Spread Your Wings

Postby fairydandy » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:49 pm

. :)

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby The__KingOfRhye » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:25 pm

fairydandy wrote:
Echoplex wrote:You haven't got a clue really, have you?

Not really, I haven't played a guitar in a band. It can't be that difficult though (given that you can play a guitar). There's a 70 year old at my work place and he works 60 hours most weeks, doing very hard physical work. Some perspective, please. :?

Is that 70 year old guy installing microwave ovens, by any chance? Or moving refrigerators and/or color TVs?

The__KingOfRhye
The Show Must Go On

Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?

Postby icy » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:39 pm

fairydandy wrote:
icy wrote:I'm surprised by this news. Anyone hoping or will make plans to go?
( I do wish Brian would stop calling it dangerous when it turns out not to be, but now I wonder if there will be a new set list, stage set up? )

One more around the block!’ It’s live, it’s dangerous, and it takes every ounce of fitness we can muster. But it’s still fun!“

Every ounce of fitness we can muster? To play a guitar, really? :roll:

I think it takes an awful lot of energy and stamina to do these shows. But is it dangerous...not quite, especially with the same old, same old which I expect.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby CNB » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:08 pm

Yes, it could be dangerous on that stage! Brian gets raised off the ground during his guitar solo. Adam could slip off of Frank’s head during Killer Queen or his 6-inch heels could get tangled up in the pedals of that giant tricycle! :lol:
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby Nicki79 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:20 pm

CNB wrote:Yes, it could be dangerous on that stage! Brian gets raised off the ground during his guitar solo. Adam could slip off of Frank’s head during Killer Queen or his 6-inch heels could get tangled up in the pedals of that giant tricycle! :lol:

One time during „I want it all“ Brian stood above one of the „compressed air canons“, just before they are supposed to „blow up“ (I don’t know, how to call it). Adam just in time shoved him away... Otherwise the technician hopefully would have noticed and not pressed the button (though Adam came literally in the last second, so it seemed that the effect would have gone off nevertheless :shock: ).... or the Red Special would have been firewood.
Last edited by Nicki79 on Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby icy » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:23 pm

Nicki79 wrote:
CNB wrote:Yes, it could be dangerous on that stage! Brian gets raised off the ground during his guitar solo. Adam could slip off of Frank’s head during Killer Queen or his 6-inch heels could get tangled up in the pedals of that giant tricycle! :lol:

One time during „I want it all“ Brian stood above one of the compressed air „canons“, just before they are supposed to „blow up“ (I don’t know, how to call it). Adam just in time shoved him away... Otherwise the technician hopefully would have noticed and not pressed the button.... or the Red Special would have been firewood.

AL to the rescue of our gutiar God!!
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby Nicki79 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:50 pm

Here is the announcement from today by the BBC (lol at the last sentence :cool: )

Queen announced European summer dates, including one in London
Queen and Adam Lambert

The veteran rockers, ably-assisted by the vocal aerobics of singer Adam Lambert, have announced a run of shows, following up their 25-date tour which wrapped up in December last year.

Alongside shows in Italy and Germany, the band return to London’s O2 Arena on 2 July

Guitarist Dr Brian May said: “While we're still physically able to perform at those high energy levels on this massive scale, we thought... ‘YES !! One more around the block!’

"It’s live, it’s dangerous, and it takes every ounce of fitness we can muster. But it’s still fun!“

We assume the "danger" is largely experienced by the 70-year-old musician and his 68-year old bandmate Roger Taylor.

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/events/evfwhn/live ... 064b8e634e (Postet today at 13.24 h)

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby icy » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:19 pm

Nicki79 wrote:Here is the announcement from today by the BBC (lol at the last sentence :cool: )

Queen announced European summer dates, including one in London
Queen and Adam Lambert

The veteran rockers, ably-assisted by the vocal aerobics of singer Adam Lambert, have announced a run of shows, following up their 25-date tour which wrapped up in December last year.

Alongside shows in Italy and Germany, the band return to London’s O2 Arena on 2 July

Guitarist Dr Brian May said: “While we're still physically able to perform at those high energy levels on this massive scale, we thought... ‘YES !! One more around the block!’

"It’s live, it’s dangerous, and it takes every ounce of fitness we can muster. But it’s still fun!“

We assume the "danger" is largely experienced by the 70-year-old musician and his 68-year old bandmate Roger Taylor.

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/events/evfwhn/live ... 064b8e634e (Postet today at 13.24 h)

Ouch :lol:
But I'm glad these things weren't called dangerous AL wearing the footwear while riding a bike, AL singing on Franks head :lol:
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

PreviousNext

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert