Which dates are you going to?

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Re: Which dates are you going to?

Postby icy » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:36 pm

dave4343palace wrote:
icy wrote:
dave4343palace wrote:Does anyone have info on Lisbon gig please? Is the date of June 7th even official?

If I hear anything I will let you know. Are you planning or hoping to go to the show/s?

Great, thanks.

Definitely fancy a boys trip to Lisbon for a few days...so hoping that rumour turns out to be true!

Have got tickets for Wembley too. Am amazed that this is all happening so soon again and really believe it will be the last time we see them tour Europe (or North America). So that just leaves South America and Asia that will no doubt see 'one more time around the block'!

As its pretty clear the stage and set lists etc will all be exactly the same (as will AL's well rehearsed word-for-word speeches and 'jokes':( ), there is no anticipation or hope at all from my side like last year that things will be mixed up... so should be really great nights!

I hope Lisbon will happen for you :D .
If this is the last time, I think they will continue to add shows overseas. Honestly, I was surprised that they will tour again so soon after last time.
If this is the last time, I wish the set list, set up, could be different, but no, I'm not expecting changes at all. Which is a shame, I'd love to see new things, songs, visuals etc.
Enjoy the Wembley show :D
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby Radiogaga » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:17 pm

Well a good afternoon to all from sunny Devon.Ive looked at these pages off and on over the last few years but never got involved in posting.
The title which dates are you going to.....well if you live in the west country and beyond more than possibly none.
When we lived "up North" is was easy to get any show and have done many since Crazy tour 79.
This last tour though was impossible to get to as most apart from Manchester were in the week.This new set of dates is the same and why always London.
It appears most large groups now days to not venture west. Some do Cardiff but still hard to get to mid week.
Rod Stewart played Plymouth football ground in the summer of 2016 so that's a possible venue.
Do you think the likes of the Crazy tour smaller venues would work these days or do promoters/bands just want big venues?
With all the announced dates for different bands im not sure this is going to change.
Thanks
Richard

Radiogaga
Spread Your Wings

Postby icy » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:29 pm

Radiogaga wrote:Well a good afternoon to all from sunny Devon.Ive looked at these pages off and on over the last few years but never got involved in posting.
The title which dates are you going to.....well if you live in the west country and beyond more than possibly none.
When we lived "up North" is was easy to get any show and have done many since Crazy tour 79.
This last tour though was impossible to get to as most apart from Manchester were in the week.This new set of dates is the same and why always London.
It appears most large groups now days to not venture west. Some do Cardiff but still hard to get to mid week.
Rod Stewart played Plymouth football ground in the summer of 2016 so that's a possible venue.
Do you think the likes of the Crazy tour smaller venues would work these days or do promoters/bands just want big venues?
With all the announced dates for different bands im not sure this is going to change.
Thanks
Richard

Personally, I wouldn't mind smaller venues if it were to happen. Actually, I think those type of shows could be more interesting, for the guys and the fans. I wish Q+AL could try something along those lines, even a show that ess is more,a every so often would be cool, but i think it's gonna be pretty much going to be on the larger scale as long as Q+AL is touring.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby icy » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:46 pm

dave4343palace wrote:Does anyone have info on Lisbon gig please? Is the date of June 7th even official?

Dude, check your email if you are subscribed to here and/or OIQFC. Libson has been announced apparently on June 7th.Hoping you get tickets! Good luck! :D

ETA~ apologies, meant to send this via PM.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby Radiogaga » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:41 am

Good mohrning.sorry for the delay in replying. yes smaller venues would be nicer for a number of areas.It seems for larger bands the days of hammersmith Odeon,The rainbow,Marque,Rock City etc etc to name a few are all gone.
Perhaps with costings,the need to cover as many people as possible in say 5 dates instead of 25 dates this is now going to be the norm.
It would have been nice if Brian/Kerry could have widened theirs venues a little when they last played.
As you say this will most likely the only way they will play now whilst still touring.
Thanks Richard

Radiogaga
Spread Your Wings

Previous

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert