Production + setlist summer tour 2018

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Re: Production + setlist summer tour 2018

Postby icy » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:31 am

BitterTears wrote:Despite what they say publically, I doubt Adam really has much say or influence on the setlist.

Hmm. I wonder. Funny thing, I'd like to know is how was AL's solo songs decided on, at the expense of other Queen songs that I wish could be given a chance.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby snifflese » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:17 pm

I assume it is a courtesy to Adam. I am not sure why that would be surprising. It is only one song. How many did they do of Paul's? Not sure why you would begrudge him one song for all he brings to the concert? I would like Lucy, as Brian plays on that one and it sounds more like the Queen vibe, a good rock song. That would be my choice. I think they can do one with Adam just because!

snifflese
Spread Your Wings

Postby CNB » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:48 pm

snifflese wrote:I assume it is a courtesy to Adam. I am not sure why that would be surprising. It is only one song. How many did they do of Paul's? Not sure why you would begrudge him one song for all he brings to the concert? I would like Lucy, as Brian plays on that one and it sounds more like the Queen vibe, a good rock song. That would be my choice. I think they can do one with Adam just because!

Exactly! Thank goodness Brian and Roger are as gracious and appreciative to Adam as he is to them!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby snifflese » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:05 pm

The other reason for Adam's ONE WHOLE song is that he also has fans that go to the concerts for him and they might enjoy hearing something of his, too! There are quite a few fans who follow him all over so it might be nice to give them a treat also.

snifflese
Spread Your Wings

Postby icy » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:52 pm

snifflese wrote:I assume it is a courtesy to Adam. I am not sure why that would be surprising. It is only one song. How many did they do of Paul's? Not sure why you would begrudge him one song for all he brings to the concert? I would like Lucy, as Brian plays on that one and it sounds more like the Queen vibe, a good rock song. That would be my choice. I think they can do one with Adam just because!

They did a few of Paul's songs, I think it fitted in with those shows, more than AL's solo songs fits in these current shows. At least some of the Paul songs are well known in the classic and rock world. AL's songs...yea not so much.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby Nicki79 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:40 pm

I came across this radio-interview with Adam from a few weeks ago, where he answered the question about Queen-songs, he likes to perform. I have the feeling, Adam is not responsible for the inclusion of "Fat Bottomed Girls" into the setlist. :lol:
http://youtu.be/iyDgBy6f9Tw?t=5m52s (The video starts at the question about Queen-songs.)

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Previous

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert