Production + setlist summer tour 2018

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Production + setlist summer tour 2018

Postby TheHero » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:27 am

1. Will there be a different production than the 2017 tour?
(Will Frank still be a part of the show, or was he there for the NOTW 40th Anniversary only?)

2. A different setlist?

3. New opening songs, or still WWRY / HTF ?

Or maybe the summer tour 2018 is just an extended (bonus) part of the 2017 tour, and therefore with the same production / setlist.

What are your wishes?

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Re: Production + setlist summer tour 2018

Postby icy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:35 am

I doubt there will be any changes set list wise and production wise, since as of now the rehearsals haven't even started.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby grumpy dwarf » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:50 am

I hope they don't for the NZ/AU tour. We haven't seen it yet. I hope they wait until the European tour before a production change. I want to see Frank.

grumpy dwarf
Spread Your Wings

Postby sharon20 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:19 am

Brian said in his initial post that it was a continuation of the tour with the same production since it was meant to be visiting places they hadn't already been. I know the London shows have been tagged on but the rest are new ones. Guessing there probably won't be any set-list change either. Enjoy grumpy dwarf, the show was awesome.

sharon20
Spread Your Wings

Postby TheHero » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:12 pm

Perhaps they could add The Show Must Go On, a statement in itself.. and maybe Let Me Entertain You, since it is the Jazz album's 40th Anniversary.

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Echoplex » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:09 am

The production will be the same.

A show like theirs costs a fortune to design, construct and then tour with. They won't invest more money into something that only lasts two or three weeks at most.

If anything it would be scaled back, like Brian's Back To The Light winter leg when he returned to Europe/Uk for a handful of dates. I really don't see Queen taking that route, and remember there are still areas the tour hasn't visited yet.

What would be nice and vaguely possible is one or two different songs when they play London having played those venues before. But how knows they haven't played the first of the upcoming leg they might already have a couple of different songs lined up

Echoplex
Spread Your Wings

Postby icy » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:10 am

Echoplex wrote:The production will be the same.

A show like theirs costs a fortune to design, construct and then tour with. They won't invest more money into something that only lasts two or three weeks at most.

If anything it would be scaled back, like Brian's Back To The Light winter leg when he returned to Europe/Uk for a handful of dates. I really don't see Queen taking that route, and remember there are still areas the tour hasn't visited yet.

What would be nice and vaguely possible is one or two different songs when they play London having played those venues before. But how knows they haven't played the first of the upcoming leg they might already have a couple of different songs lined up

No more AL solo songs I hope. :-P
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby TheHero » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:06 pm

I think you are absolutely right Echoplex.

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby CNB » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:03 pm

I’ll say it again: I hope they add back It’s Late and Spread Your Wings and drop WWFM. It’s still up to Roger what he wants to sing for his solo!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby dave4343palace » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:40 pm

Unlike last year's disappointment where we were promised a changed set list that only ended up lasting a week or so, I bought tickets for the summer 2018 with no expectation at all to see a different set list to last year. But thinking about it, SURELY there will be some changes, even just to the London concerts where I can't believe they will put on exactly the same show as six months before to the same audience?

The thing I find strangest is that I would've thought that Lambert would be the one pushing for changes. Surely it must get boring singing the same songs and giving the same speeches night after night without challenging himself? I'm not talking about deep cuts, but even reinstating a few of the dozen or so other songs they've already done in the past would be a start...

dave4343palace
Spread Your Wings

Postby BitterTears » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:08 pm

Despite what they say publically, I doubt Adam really has much say or influence on the setlist.

BitterTears
The Show Must Go On

Postby snifflese » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:30 pm

Why in the world would they start rehearsals now? They just finished up the tour yesterday or the day before??? At this point in tim they should be pretty well practiced as there is a short amount of time between tour sections. I would skip "What do you want from me", which I have never cared for and play" Lucy", which is much more of a rock song and which Brian did play on. That song would fit right in! I hope there is a change in a couple of the songs, but I pretty much like anything they play. No complaints from me, but I would love "Save Me".

snifflese
Spread Your Wings

Postby snifflese » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:31 pm

Actually, I disagree about Adam having no say in the set list. I think TSMGO is out because that and WWTLF were just too strenuous on the voice that late in the show. It is a hard catalog to sing so I think his input would be quite important.

snifflese
Spread Your Wings

Postby Nicki79 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:47 pm

BitterTears wrote:Despite what they say publically, I doubt Adam really has much say or influence on the setlist.

I would say, he could have a bit more influence, if he wanted it. But it's not his music.
Adam influences the order of the songs. There are certain blocks and then intermissions, when he can rest his voice and Brian and Roger take over. When Adam had problems with his voice, TSMGO was left out (tour 2015), as an example.
But I felt as well, that Adam was very happy about the new songs IL and SYW during the US leg of the tour. And I can't believe, that he wanted to drop them. But standing in his shoes: When the "rock-legends" Roger and/or Brian decide to drop one of their songs, what is he supposed to do? They sure had their reasons.

One thing I'm pretty sure of: Adam was responsible for the adding of "Bicycle Race" and "Get down, make Love" for this tour. And those songs stayed in the set. Could be that the other's were Brian's idea and he changed his mind? Roger added IILWMC.

I hope, they will change the setlist at least a little bit for the summer-tour!

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby icy » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:28 am

snifflese wrote:Why in the world would they start rehearsals now? They just finished up the tour yesterday or the day before??? At this point in tim they should be pretty well practiced as there is a short amount of time between tour sections. I would skip "What do you want from me", which I have never cared for and play" Lucy", which is much more of a rock song and which Brian did play on. That song would fit right in! I hope there is a change in a couple of the songs, but I pretty much like anything they play. No complaints from me, but I would love "Save Me".

Check the date the thread was started. It was started before the most recent tour began.
I still don't expect any changes for the upcoming shows. For sure, there is time to rehearse, but I doubt it will be more than a couple of days of rehearsals, and no changes at all to the set list and staging.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Next

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert