Adam Lambert is celebrating Queen and Freddie...

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Adam Lambert is celebrating Queen and Freddie...

Postby Nicki79 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:58 pm

... but I feel, that he is not liked by many people posting in this forum. I guess, it's simply the fact, that most active members in this forum are longtime Queen-Fans. And if you are not into QAL, I accept that and wish you enjoyment with everything else, that Queen had and has to offer.

Nevertheless: I think, the whole collaboration between the remaining members of Queen and AL has come to a point, where it is an established and from critiques and concert-goers very well received act. It's a show to celebrate Queen and it's music and to simply have a really good time. And from that it's very different from the old Queen, where the original members simply played their own music.

One moment in the show is often pointed to as the moment, when Adam wins many of the doubters: It's when he first talks to the audience and is in a way "honoring" Queen. Here is a link this speech from Sydney (22/02/2018):
http://youtu.be/ISIlL7F5qRY?t=2m50s

All in all, I think, that Adam is really respectful towards Queen and their whole legacy. Here is a very interesting new interview from this week in Australia, where Adam speaks a lot about Freddie (and inbetween touring with Queen). I found it very interesting. He also explains a bit, what his ideas are behind the things, he does on stage. I bookmarked the interview, so it starts, where they start to talk about Queen: http://youtu.be/x5ANY6HdSM8?t=2m4s

To me, Adam helps Brian and Roger to keep the legacy alive. Sure, their music would live on without them doing it.
But I really doubt, that Queen would gather as many new fans without Adam. And people have a really good time at QAL-concerts, watching their old heros Brian and Roger, singing and celebrating Queen's music and honoring Freddie Mercury. I became a fan of Queen AND Adam (seperate and together) through my first show. Because it really was the best show, I've ever attended. And although I didn't expect it at all: The show in this tour (2017/18) is even better than the last.

After all my rambling: Brian, Roger AND Adam are very successful IMO in making people happy AND keeping Queen in people's mind!
And I often have the feeling, that they don't get enough credit for that in this forum. ;-)
:rockon:

Nicki79
Spread Your Wings

Re: Adam Lambert is celebrating Queen and Freddie...

Postby The__KingOfRhye » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:35 pm

Yeah, I agree. I think even people who aren't Adam fans should agree that he's been pretty good with honoring Freddie and Queen and all that. I liked what Adam said in the show I saw them at, (which is more than 3 years ago now, damn) something along the lines of "I wouldn't know what the fuck I was doing here if it wasn't for Freddie Mercury" :D

And btw, I am a long time Queen fan who's also a QAL fan.

The__KingOfRhye
The Show Must Go On

Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?

Postby fairydandy » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:01 pm

Let me think. Oh, yes, it's a Queen forum. In that lies the answer.

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby sharon20 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:22 pm

Agree Nicki, they are bringing joy to thousands of people, how can that be a bad thing.

fairydandy Why does one preclude the other?

sharon20
Spread Your Wings

Postby fairydandy » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:24 pm

sharon20 wrote:Agree Nicki, they are bringing joy to thousands of people, how can that be a bad thing.

fairydandy Why does one preclude the other?

She asked why he isn't popular on the forum. I gave her the answer.

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby sharon20 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:33 pm

I know, I just don't get the hate I suppose.

sharon20
Spread Your Wings

Postby fairydandy » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:36 pm

sharon20 wrote:I know, I just don't get the hate I suppose.

What hate? Personally, I don't 'hate' anyone.

It's rather like a Chelsea fan going to a Man City forum and wondering why no one supports his team in the way that he does. Sure, they like football too and they might even praise the other team every now and then, but it isn't 'their' team.

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby icy » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:36 pm

Queen gathers fans every day. My 8 year old niece likes the music...because she heard me play it.
The Queen catalogue is found and played more often than what some think. Last time I went thift shopping I overheard two people ask the cashier if they had any Queen music because they wanted to hear the music that their parents liked.
I will never think AL is the main reason so many people become Queen fans. I still stand by this that I saw at the Freddie Tribute. Queen Lives Forever...and it sure does, and not because of AL, but because Freddie and the other members put their blood, sweat and tears into the Queen music and worked their asses at it for years. Even when Freddie was very ill, it remarkable what he did vocally.
That's all a major part of the Queen legacy. That's why Queen are legends. That's why Queen's music is still played on TV shows, in movies, adverts...its out there and has been for years. And I dare say it will last for years yet.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby sharon20 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:37 pm

Fair enough, I can go with that.

sharon20
Spread Your Wings

Postby icy » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:51 pm

Someone tell me...why is it so important AL gets credit? Genuine question.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby fairydandy » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:59 pm

icy wrote:Someone tell me...why is it so important AL gets credit? Genuine question.

Because they are Lambert fans. It's that simple.

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby sharon20 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:03 pm

Agreed fairydandy, it's the same as Queen fans being very protective of Freddie and getting pissed at anyone who compares him unfavourably, like the odd one does. Back to your football analogy, explains why opposing fans kick seven bells out of each other.

sharon20
Spread Your Wings

Postby icy » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:07 pm

sharon20 wrote:Agreed fairydandy, it's the same as Queen fans being very protective of Freddie and getting pissed at anyone who compares him unfavourably, like the odd one does. Back to your football analogy, explains why opposing fans kick seven bells out of each other.

Nope, not the same as Queen fans being very protective of Freddie. I have never seen and read such defense about any celebrity here than I have about AL. Not even for Freddie Mercury himself.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby Nicki79 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:18 pm

fairydandy wrote:Let me think. Oh, yes, it's a Queen forum. In that lies the answer.

And Queen-Fans can't appreciate two of their heros touring and bringing their old songs to millions of people?

I don't want you or anybody here, to become a fan of Adam. And I don't have anything against fans criticizing, what they don't like.
My point is: If I didn't know better and if I was just reading in this forum, I would think, that Brian and Roger are mad, old and irresponsible, because they are touring with a guy from a talent show, who can't really sing (at least no rock-songs).That their show is boring, because the setlist is stale. That the singer is a puppet, who only does, what Brian and Roger want OR he is an "ugly guy" with embarassing stage antics and props. I could easily go on.

Then I'm at a concert: All I see and hear are happy people. After the shows I met up in a bar close to the Wembley-Arena with only Queen-fans: all of them loved the show.
Adam is there to help Brian and Roger. They needed a lead-singer and they chose him. And together they keep the music alive in a setting, they couldn't play alone.

After a few months here, I also got to know, that there are many silent members, who really like the shows. And who sometimes also got to like Adam. Unfortunately they seem not to be interested in posting much. That way, a few negative nannys get all the attention with their posts.

At last, I might just be wondering, why there are so few people on here, who are just happy, that Brian and Roger go out on tour, performing their songs. While these two are bringing so much joy to millions of people, playing to big arenas worldwide, that mostly sell out, you can barely read a positive word about that. And if someone dares to do that, then he/she is called a "Glambert". If Glamberts are people, who help Brian and Roger to celebrate their music, who honor Freddie and who are happily singing and dancing along at concerts, then I'm a proud Glambert. But actually I'm sure, that most people at the concerts are Queenies.
And thus, they would be in the right place in a Queen-forum.

Nicki79
Spread Your Wings

Postby CNB » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:22 pm

I’ve never seen such offensive language against a celebrity as is posted against a super nice guy like Adam!
Last edited by CNB on Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Next

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert