Adam Lambert is celebrating Queen and Freddie...

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Re: Adam Lambert is celebrating Queen and Freddie...

Postby fairydandy » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:13 pm

snifflese wrote:Once of my first posts, if not the first! My memory is not perfect, but I remember that and I am not going to go searching for it. You also stated that I couldn't be a fan and I think it was MP that said how would you know. First post or not, it was one of the early ones. I had loved Queen since the early 1970's, but I guess that wasn't good enough I don't have time to go looking.

Once again you are misreading what I said. My intent was that even tho Brian and Roger created just as much music and are still out there delivering, not much is said that is really nice about them. It is always Freddie and John that get the accolades and I don't understand all the criticism of Brian and Roger? Why, other than it ties into QAL which a lot of you don't like. Because Brian and Roger are part of QAL, they don't really deserve much of your respect and I don't think that is fair. They are working harder than John to keep the music alive and I think that is commendable. As far as Freddie, he will always garner accolades and respect. I just find the treatment of Brian and Roger pretty despicable on a Queen site. It is surprising to say the least. A cover band they are not!

I don't particularly like Brian or Roger, but it has nothing at all to do with Lambert. Brian annoyed me when I met him at Las Vegas, it was almost as if he couldn't be bothered. That being the case, why did he plant himself in the Queen WWRY gift shop in Las Vegas, where he knew his fans would be? Roger, not my type of person at all, I'm afraid.

If you were offended, then I am sorry. It's just a posting style, it isn't real. I struggle with people who take it all so seriously. I have had some dreaful stuff said to me, but it's absolutely meaningless.

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby fairydandy » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:15 pm

The__KingOfRhye wrote:
fairydandy wrote:It's rather like a Chelsea fan going to a Man City forum and wondering why no one supports his team in the way that he does. Sure, they like football too and they might even praise the other team every now and then, but it isn't 'their' team.

I don't think that's a good analogy at all. Adam and Freddie aren't opposing sides, they're not competing against one another, as much as some people seem to want to make it out to be that way. Sure, you can like one over the other, but it's not like a sports rivalry or something where people generally choose a side. It's not Michigan vs. Ohio State (go Blue!) or the Yankees vs. the Red Sox, just to throw some American references in there. Or, to make another sports analogy, it's like if your favorite team had a superstar player, one who was considered the best of all time, but he retired, so the team signed a young free agent who's a pretty good player in own right. You can say the first guy was the greatest, and the new guy will never equal he did, but you can still think they're both good. You can like the 'new guy' while still thinking the 'old guy' was the best.

So serious. :roll: But let's be fair, you never have a good word to say when I am around! I am used to it. You will disagree just for the sake of it.

I could cry myself to sleep....

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby The__KingOfRhye » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:21 pm

fairydandy wrote:So serious. :roll: But let's be fair, you never have a good word to say when I am around! I am used to it. You will disagree just for the sake of it.

I could cry myself to sleep....

No, I just genuinely disagree with you most of the time. If I was just disagreeing with you for the sake of it, I wouldn't have gone to the length I did to illustrate my point.

I can't think of any off the top off my head, but I KNOW there's been times when I've agreed with you about something! It's had to have happened at one time or another.....:lol:

The__KingOfRhye
The Show Must Go On

Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?

Postby fairydandy » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:23 pm

The__KingOfRhye wrote:I can't think of any off the top off my head, but I KNOW there's been times when I've agreed with you about something! It's had to have happened at one time or another.....:lol:

You agreed when I called Sniffer a witch. :P

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby CNB » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:02 pm

FD you are so bad and such a troublemaker! In what century were you in Las Vegas? The 19th?
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby snifflese » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:06 pm

Thanks for the apology, FD. I am sorry, too. I can understand why you might feel that way about Brian if you felt he just brushed you off. I think that is the way many celebrities are and he seems a rather reticent sort. Seems like lots depth, depression, kind of a tortured genius if you look at both his musical and academic achievements. Sometimes those folks have a hard time around a lot of people. Roger I know nothing about, nor your issue with him. I have had no interactions with them, but think it is so cool that two old dudes can still get it on and give me so much enjoyment. I am amazed at how they can still bring it every night (not every night, but...). They looked like they were having so much fun and truly, I have a quarter of the energy they do. I really respect that!

snifflese
Spread Your Wings

Postby Nicki79 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:47 pm

CNB wrote:FD In what century were you in Las Vegas? The 19th?

Couldn't be. The city was founded in 1905. ;-)

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby CNB » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:56 am

Don’t know which thread to post this in but I really like it — Queen Musical Revolution (1973-2017):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeHzBH9GnQ0
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Previous

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert