Adam Lambert is celebrating Queen and Freddie...

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Re: Adam Lambert is celebrating Queen and Freddie...

Postby icy » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:05 pm

fairydandy wrote:
icy wrote: :lol: :lol: to everything except the Brian will get depressed again.

He's hinted at it again. Instead of a stereo photo of his exercise bike, we got 'treated' to a video of a boat cutting through the waves with the caption, 'Bin fightin' the blues. And Losin'. I almost wanted to jump overboard, or at least throw him overboard.

I sincerely hope he is doing well. Blues/depression can be a bitch. I was hoping this short tour wouldn't be hard on him. Here is hoping all will be well for him.
But Lambert on Line/LOL...that's genuis! :lol: .
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby snifflese » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:11 pm

This isn't about recognition or anything like that. Why should we go to LOL as you say? This is a Queen board and this is just one thread among the many. I don't think the majority here care if you like Adam or not. It is just annoying for some of you to come in and crap all over it. Why can't this be a place for QAL fans to discuss the band as it is now and be able to talk about the vocals or anything Adam or QAL related without snide digs from the oldtime Queen fans? There are lots of places for die hard Queenies to go to discuss their interests on this board.Now if they like to discuss and not cast aspersions (and there are a number who do!), then that is a horse of another color. Too many people won't come here to discuss because it becomes very unpleasant. I think the very first time I posted on here(long ago) you called me a witch and that I wasn't a fan. It is not quite that bad now, but why does that have to be? We are entitled to free speech also as JLP just stated. I don't find the Adam fans being nasty or calling people names or anything like that. They would just like an honest exchange and I don't see why that isn't possible. If someone can't do that, there are lots of other threads to post in with like minded Queen fans. Not sure why that is so hard to understand.

snifflese
Spread Your Wings

Postby icy » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:19 pm

snifflese wrote:This isn't about recognition or anything like that. Why should we go to LOL as you say? This is a Queen board and this is just one thread among the many. I don't think the majority here care if you like Adam or not. It is just annoying for some of you to come in and crap all over it. Why can't this be a place for QAL fans to discuss the band as it is now and be able to talk about the vocals or anything Adam or QAL related without snide digs from the oldtime Queen fans? There are lots of places for die hard Queenies to go to discuss their interests on this board.Now if they like to discuss and not cast aspersions (and there are a number who do!), then that is a horse of another color. Too many people won't come here to discuss because it becomes very unpleasant. I think the very first time I posted on here(long ago) you called me a witch and that I wasn't a fan. It is not quite that bad now, but why does that have to be? We are entitled to free speech also as JLP just stated. I don't find the Adam fans being nasty or calling people names or anything like that. They would just like an honest exchange and I don't see why that isn't possible. If someone can't do that, there are lots of other threads to post in with like minded Queen fans. Not sure why that is so hard to understand.

Did you already forget your posts and replies to me in the last few hours? You called another singer "that horrific person" just last night. That's erm nasty, I dare say, was it not? Never mind the digs you throw my way about 'asking' if English was my first language etc, was that not nasty?
Last edited by icy on Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby fairydandy » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:23 pm

snifflese wrote:I don't think the majority here care if you like Adam or not.

You clearly haven't read the first post. It was begging us to like him and it was begging for a discussion around it.

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby icy » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:25 pm

fairydandy wrote:
snifflese wrote:I don't think the majority here care if you like Adam or not.

You clearly haven't read the first post. It was begging us to like him and it was begging for a discussion around it.

Yea, it's either all or nothing apparently.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby fairydandy » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:27 pm

snifflese wrote:I think the very first time I posted on here(long ago) you called me a witch and that I wasn't a fan.

No, I said 'burn the witch', a phrase that I have used many times in humour over the years. That's not the same as calling you a witch.

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby snifflese » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:29 pm

No, I don't think "horrific singer", which is what I meant, is that awful. I truly don't feel he has much of a voice and to have someone sing Queen like that, it was horrific to me. I am talking about the c... word or witch or some of the really nasty things said about Adam and the awful insinuations about Brian and Roger. I would never guess some of the people here were fans of them. It seems the praise pretty much only extends to Freddie and John and as you know, I don't get the laudatory remarks about him. Although given those folks opinions, I can see why they would say that. I will curb my tongue, but that is not a bad word as far as I am concerned. That is not the type of word I was talking about.

snifflese
Spread Your Wings

Postby snifflese » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:37 pm

I didn't find it funny and as that was my first post, I would have no idea as to your sense of humor and even having read your posts over the years, still not funny. I think the post about discussing the concerts was simply a point of discussion. No one is begging you to like QAL. I am sure that is not possible. It might be fun to see if there are any things that a long time fan might like and then things they absolutely don't. What else are you going to discuss? It can be done in a polite way. QAL fans should be allowed to gush a little or discuss things they find interesting without crap being thrown at them. Nothing wrong with talking about costumes, lighting, etc. I love Brian in his bat wings outfit. That is so cool! But here it becomes how we are not about the music. As if all the peripherals don't matter. Maybe years ago they didn't, but it is all necessary now to sell out concerts. For me it is the music and the vocals. That is why I love Queen and I love Adam because he makes it possible to still tour and I have enjoyed their concerts more than any I have ever seen. But part of the allure is also all the other things and that is how it is nowadays. There are very few artists that can sit and plunk a guitar and make millions. There are some, but Queen is not of that ilk. They are a spectacle and many parts go into making it a spectacle. Not much else to say!

snifflese
Spread Your Wings

Postby icy » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:37 pm

snifflese wrote:No, I don't think "horrific singer", which is what I meant, is that awful. I truly don't feel he has much of a voice and to have someone sing Queen like that, it was horrific to me. I am talking about the c... word or witch or some of the really nasty things said about Adam and the awful insinuations about Brian and Roger. I would never guess some of the people here were fans of them. It seems the praise pretty much only extends to Freddie and John and as you know, I don't get the laudatory remarks about him. Although given those folks opinions, I can see why they would say that. I will curb my tongue, but that is not a bad word as far as I am concerned. That is not the type of word I was talking about.

Your posts are still there, as well as mine. You called Nate that 'horrific person from Fun'. Hell, imagine if AL was called that horrific person singing Queen songs. You can't have it both ways.
Why must it always come back to who you think is a fan or not? Because some don't see Q+AL the way you do?
I haven't read really nasty things about Adam, Brian and Roger here in ages.
If it bothers you people praise Freddie and John...they were and will always be an important part of Queen. You don't get the laudtory remarks about those two, but you want all the praise for Q+AL. Just wow.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby icy » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:42 pm

snifflese wrote:I didn't find it funny and as that was my first post, I would have no idea as to your sense of humor and even having read your posts over the years, still not funny. I think the post about discussing the concerts was simply a point of discussion. No one is begging you to like QAL. I am sure that is not possible. It might be fun to see if there are any things that a long time fan might like and then things they absolutely don't. What else are you going to discuss? It can be done in a polite way. QAL fans should be allowed to gush a little or discuss things they find interesting without crap being thrown at them. Nothing wrong with talking about costumes, lighting, etc. I love Brian in his bat wings outfit. That is so cool! But here it becomes how we are not about the music. As if all the peripherals don't matter. Maybe years ago they didn't, but it is all necessary now to sell out concerts. For me it is the music and the vocals. That is why I love Queen and I love Adam because he makes it possible to still tour and I have enjoyed their concerts more than any I have ever seen. But part of the allure is also all the other things and that is how it is nowadays. There are very few artists that can sit and plunk a guitar and make millions. There are some, but Queen is not of that ilk. They are a spectacle and many parts go into making it a spectacle. Not much else to say!

Hmm.
Yet, you go for me when I express my views about what I like and don't like, go figure. Are you saying you would accept other pov's if people dared give theirs takes about what they like and don't like?
Let's hope so.
At the end of the day it's the music that can change people's minds. If those minds can't be changed, no biggie.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby icy » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:51 pm

fairydandy wrote:
snifflese wrote:I think the very first time I posted on here(long ago) you called me a witch and that I wasn't a fan.

No, I said 'burn the witch', a phrase that I have used many times in humour over the years. That's not the same as calling you a witch.

I think you posted that in a reply to me once or twice through the years. And I loved it :lol: :P .
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby fairydandy » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:54 pm

snifflese wrote:I didn't find it funny and as that was my first post <snip>

Not according to the search function it wasn't. I didn't call you a witch either...but stay tuned... :P

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby snifflese » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:05 pm

Once of my first posts, if not the first! My memory is not perfect, but I remember that and I am not going to go searching for it. You also stated that I couldn't be a fan and I think it was MP that said how would you know. First post or not, it was one of the early ones. I had loved Queen since the early 1970's, but I guess that wasn't good enough I don't have time to go looking.

Once again you are misreading what I said. My intent was that even tho Brian and Roger created just as much music and are still out there delivering, not much is said that is really nice about them. It is always Freddie and John that get the accolades and I don't understand all the criticism of Brian and Roger? Why, other than it ties into QAL which a lot of you don't like. Because Brian and Roger are part of QAL, they don't really deserve much of your respect and I don't think that is fair. They are working harder than John to keep the music alive and I think that is commendable. As far as Freddie, he will always garner accolades and respect. I just find the treatment of Brian and Roger pretty despicable on a Queen site. It is surprising to say the least. A cover band they are not!

snifflese
Spread Your Wings

Postby The__KingOfRhye » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:08 pm

fairydandy wrote:It's rather like a Chelsea fan going to a Man City forum and wondering why no one supports his team in the way that he does. Sure, they like football too and they might even praise the other team every now and then, but it isn't 'their' team.

I don't think that's a good analogy at all. Adam and Freddie aren't opposing sides, they're not competing against one another, as much as some people seem to want to make it out to be that way. Sure, you can like one over the other, but it's not like a sports rivalry or something where people generally choose a side. It's not Michigan vs. Ohio State (go Blue!) or the Yankees vs. the Red Sox, just to throw some American references in there. Or, to make another sports analogy, it's like if your favorite team had a superstar player, one who was considered the best of all time, but he retired, so the team signed a young free agent who's a pretty good player in own right. You can say the first guy was the greatest, and the new guy will never equal he did, but you can still think they're both good. You can like the 'new guy' while still thinking the 'old guy' was the best.

The__KingOfRhye
The Show Must Go On

Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?

Postby Nicki79 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:12 pm

The__KingOfRhye wrote:
fairydandy wrote:It's rather like a Chelsea fan going to a Man City forum and wondering why no one supports his team in the way that he does. Sure, they like football too and they might even praise the other team every now and then, but it isn't 'their' team.

I don't think that's a good analogy at all. Adam and Freddie aren't opposing sides, they're not competing against one another, as much as some people seem to want to make it out to be that way. Sure, you can like one over the other, but it's not like a sports rivalry or something where people generally choose a side. It's not Michigan vs. Ohio State (go Blue!) or the Yankees vs. the Red Sox, just to throw some American references in there. Or, to make another sports analogy, it's like if your favorite team had a superstar player, one who was considered the best of all time, but he retired, so the team signed a young free agent who's a pretty good player in own right. You can say the first guy was the greatest, and the new guy will never equal he did, but you can still think they're both good. You can like the 'new guy' while still thinking the 'old guy' was the best.

:agreepost: Thank you! That' exactly, how I see it.

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

PreviousNext

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert