ADAM PODCAST REQUEST!!

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

ADAM PODCAST REQUEST!!

Postby dee87 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:33 am

Sweet Jesus, I think it's time for Adam to be on a Queen Official podcast. Nick Weymouth, please organise.

I'd like to know about his;

Vocal technique and range/Classical training,
Favourite Queen song to sing, songs he would like to introduce into the setlist,
Best memory so far touring with the band,
Theatre background I.e Hair,
What he's learned from his time with Queen,
Working with Brian and Roger, what's the dynamic like,
Would he record new music if given the chance,

Please add more questions and bump thread if you want it to happen.

dee87
Spread Your Wings

Re: ADAM PODCAST REQUEST!!

Postby sharon20 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:10 pm

Sounds good but a lot of that stuff can be found in interviews on YouTube as well, except the vocal range technique etc, he never seems to talk about that.

sharon20
Spread Your Wings

Postby JLP » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:13 pm

Not being a twat but why not ask him to do this via HIS website?
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby AngelR » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:51 pm

I think Adam's too busy with his new album and no ending tour at the moment anyway....but if it's Queen + AL related, about Queen music and requested by Queen fans :!: why should it be on Adam' s own website???

AngelR
The Show Must Go On

Postby JLP » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:57 pm

AngelR wrote:I think he's too busy with his new album and no ending tour at the moment anyway....but if it's Queen + AL related, about Queen music and requested by Queen fans: :( why should it be on Adam' s own website???

By a Queen fan? So why the stuff about his theatrical background, training and So on?
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby AngelR » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:33 pm

sharon20 wrote:Sounds good but a lot of that stuff can be found in interviews on YouTube as well, except the vocal range technique etc, he never seems to talk about that.

There's a lot of dated information from their 2014 tour - not so much about the recent tour.
I think his vocal range has expanded lately - he sounds so different at a low register. I guess he still might be working with a vocal coach?

AngelR
The Show Must Go On

Postby AngelR » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:36 pm

JLP wrote:
AngelR wrote:I think he's too busy with his new album and no ending tour at the moment anyway....but if it's Queen + AL related, about Queen music and requested by Queen fans: :( why should it be on Adam' s own website???

By a Queen fan? So why the stuff about his theatrical background, training and So on?

Not sure why Queen fans are not allowed to ask about Adam's background?

AngelR
The Show Must Go On

Postby icy » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:39 pm

JLP wrote:

Alot of that type of questions/answers are on Adamtopia anyways.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby sharon20 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:45 pm

AngelR wrote:
sharon20 wrote:Sounds good but a lot of that stuff can be found in interviews on YouTube as well, except the vocal range technique etc, he never seems to talk about that.

There's a lot of dated information from their 2014 tour - not so much about the recent tour.
I think his vocal range has expanded lately - he sounds so different at a low register. I guess he still might be working with a vocal coach?

Yeah I notice his lower register is different. I meant he doesn't really talk about technicalities about his voice. I've heard people ask questions in interview and his opinion seems to be that it doesn't matter how high he can go or how long he can hold a note etc so much as does it sound good. He claimed to not know the top of his range although I suspect he just didn't want to talk about it, seems unlikely he wouldn't actually know.

He once did a Twitter party where he was discussing falsetto and other techniques etc with some fans who seemed to know about singing and he seemed quite into discussing it then.

sharon20
Spread Your Wings

Postby sharon20 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:49 pm

icy wrote:
JLP wrote:

Alot of that type of questions/answers are on Adamtopia anyways.

The stuff on Adamtopia is written by Cassie etc though so it's her thoughts on his vocal technique/range etc and not actually coming from Adam himself.

There is some info about the musical theater stuff etc. I read somewhere on there that he got asked in interview about vocal technique etc early on after Idol, but the interviewers didn't seem to know what he was talking about and kept changing the subject so maybe that's why he never talks about it anymore.

sharon20
Spread Your Wings

Postby Nicki79 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:00 pm

I remember, when I went online after my first QAL-concert in 2015 and checked Queen-Online, I found the podcasts really interesting. AND I didn't understand back then, why there was (almost?) every bandmember but Adam. A lot of the podcasts also involve QAL. There are even podcasts with some of the QEX members. So just from the point of my 3 years-ago-self: For newbies it looks odd and off, that there is no podcast with Adam.

As for the content: It should be something to get to know Adam:
-Where does he (musicially) come from?
-How did he become a fan of Freddie/Queen?
-What are his contributions to the show?
All in all, some background questions and mainly background information, so that newbies get to know him a bit. Because most casual fans (like I was one), just go to a concert for the music and have no idea at all, who the singer is (at least in Germany :lol: ). It could also be considered as a little advertisment on this page for QAL. ;-) I mean, there might be some music-fans, who try to find some background information BEFORE they buy a ticket. I doubt they go to the length and search for Adam's site. (I wouldn't have! I was going for Queen.) So a little bit of background information about the current lead-singer would be reasonable by know, IMO.

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby icy » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:06 pm

Nicki79 wrote:I remember, when I went online after my first QAL-concert in 2015 and checked Queen-Online, I found the podcasts really interesting. AND I didn't understand back then, why there was (almost?) every bandmember but Adam. A lot of the podcasts also involve QAL. There are even podcasts with some of the QEX members. So just from the point of my 3 years-ago-self: For newbies it looks odd and off, that there is no podcast with Adam.

All in all, some background questions and mainly background information, so that newbies get to know him a bit. Because most casual fans (like I was one), just go to a concert for the music and have no idea at all, who the singer is (at least in Germany :lol: ). It could also be considered as a little advertisment on this page for QAL. ;-) I mean, there might be some music-fans, who try to find some background information BEFORE they buy a ticket. I doubt they go to the length and search for Adam's site. (I wouldn't have! I was going for Queen.) So a little bit of background information about the current lead-singer would be reasonable by know, IMO.

Well first of, AL isn't a band member...he is a guest.
Right, because QOL needs more advertising for Q+AL. All the links, tweets, that are posted here etc isn't enough advertising :sarcasm: :roll:
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby Nicki79 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:11 pm

sharon20 wrote:The stuff on Adamtopia is written by Cassie etc though so it's her thoughts on his vocal technique/range etc and not actually coming from Adam himself.

There is some info about the musical theater stuff etc. I read somewhere on there that he got asked in interview about vocal technique etc early on after Idol, but the interviewers didn't seem to know what he was talking about and kept changing the subject so maybe that's why he never talks about it anymore.

I noticed, that Adam always dodges questions about vocal techniques and especially his range. He never answeres these. I think, that's clever. ;)
I don't know much about singing. I simply enjoy, what I like. :) By now I know, that Adam must be an absolute expert. It was mostly noticable, when he was judging at X-Factor in Australia. when he coached or gave critique, I could see, that he really knew, what he was talking about. So, hearing a bit about it, would be interesting. BUT I'm not sure, Adam would like to talk about it.

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby Nicki79 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:19 pm

icy wrote:
Nicki79 wrote:I remember, when I went online after my first QAL-concert in 2015 and checked Queen-Online, I found the podcasts really interesting. AND I didn't understand back then, why there was (almost?) every bandmember but Adam. A lot of the podcasts also involve QAL. There are even podcasts with some of the QEX members. So just from the point of my 3 years-ago-self: For newbies it looks odd and off, that there is no podcast with Adam.

Well first of, AL isn't a band member...he is a guest.
Right, because QOL needs more advertising for Q+AL. All the links, tweets, that are posted here etc isn't enough advertising :sarcasm: :roll:

Adam is a band member of QAL.

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby snifflese » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:34 pm

I am sure that Brian and Roger consider Adam a band member, this guest business is getting old, in fact I don't think I havce read that statement recently. He has been referred to as "family", so I am willing to bet he is a band member. You don't sing with the same lead singer for going on 6 years, touring all over the world, and not consider him a band member!! Kind of ridiculous, don't you think? He may not be a "Queen" member, but he for sure is a QAL member! Guest is for someone who comes on for a song or two or one show at the most.

snifflese
Spread Your Wings

Next

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert