ADAM PODCAST REQUEST!!

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Re: ADAM PODCAST REQUEST!!

Postby icy » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:39 pm

snifflese wrote:I am sure that Brian and Roger consider Adam a band member, this guest business is getting old, in fact I don't think I havce read that statement recently. He has been referred to as "family", so I am willing to bet he is a band member. You don't sing with the same lead singer for going on 6 years, touring all over the world, and not consider him a band member!! Kind of ridiculous, don't you think? He may not be a "Queen" member, but he for sure is a QAL member! Guest is for someone who comes on for a song or two or one show at the most.

AL calls himself a guest. ;)
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby fairydandy » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:41 pm

I would like to ask him if the end to this project is anywhere in sight?

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby icy » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:43 pm

fairydandy wrote:I would like to ask him if the end to this project is anywhere in sight?

:lol: :lol:
Hmm. I think those coattails he is riding on might firmly be in his grip :-P
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby Nicki79 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:48 pm

icy wrote:
snifflese wrote:I am sure that Brian and Roger consider Adam a band member, this guest business is getting old, in fact I don't think I havce read that statement recently. He has been referred to as "family", so I am willing to bet he is a band member. You don't sing with the same lead singer for going on 6 years, touring all over the world, and not consider him a band member!! Kind of ridiculous, don't you think? He may not be a "Queen" member, but he for sure is a QAL member! Guest is for someone who comes on for a song or two or one show at the most.

Yes: A guest for Queen. But he's a member of QAL.
Even Neil, Rufus and Tyler (his came later though) recorded podcasts. That's why I was really surprised earlier, that there is none with Adam. By now, I'm not surprised by it.

Nicki79
Spread Your Wings

Postby icy » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:54 pm

Nicki79 wrote:
icy wrote:

Yes: A guest for Queen. But he's a member of QAL.
Even Neil, Rufus and Tyler (his came later though) recorded podcasts. That's why I was really surprised earlier, that there is none with Adam. By now, I'm not surprised by it.

Why aren't you surprised there is none with Adam? He might have been asked, and was too busy or refused for all we know.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby sharon20 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:07 pm

Nicki79 wrote:
sharon20 wrote:The stuff on Adamtopia is written by Cassie etc though so it's her thoughts on his vocal technique/range etc and not actually coming from Adam himself.

There is some info about the musical theater stuff etc. I read somewhere on there that he got asked in interview about vocal technique etc early on after Idol, but the interviewers didn't seem to know what he was talking about and kept changing the subject so maybe that's why he never talks about it anymore.

I noticed, that Adam always dodges questions about vocal techniques and especially his range. He never answeres these. I think, that's clever. ;)
I don't know much about singing. I simply enjoy, what I like. :) By now I know, that Adam must be an absolute expert. It was mostly noticable, when he was judging at X-Factor in Australia. when he coached or gave critique, I could see, that he really knew, what he was talking about. So, hearing a bit about it, would be interesting. BUT I'm not sure, Adam would like to talk about it.

This is a transcript of the Twitter conversation he had, just in case you want to read it. Bit hard to follow, his answer appears to be above the question. People mistakenly thought he was using falsetto all the time in the high notes so he was explaining it, he seemed happy enough since they were understanding him so I'm guessing he would talk about it if the person asking the questions was knowledgeable. In a normal interview there'd be no point as they likely wouldn't understand the terminology.

http://adamlamberttv.blogspot.co.uk/201 ... ert-1.html

sharon20
Spread Your Wings

Postby Nicki79 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:12 pm

sharon20 wrote:
Nicki79 wrote:
sharon20 wrote:The stuff on Adamtopia is written by Cassie etc though so it's her thoughts on his vocal technique/range etc and not actually coming from Adam himself.

There is some info about the musical theater stuff etc. I read somewhere on there that he got asked in interview about vocal technique etc early on after Idol, but the interviewers didn't seem to know what he was talking about and kept changing the subject so maybe that's why he never talks about it anymore.

I noticed, that Adam always dodges questions about vocal techniques and especially his range. He never answeres these. I think, that's clever. ;)
I don't know much about singing. I simply enjoy, what I like. :) By now I know, that Adam must be an absolute expert. It was mostly noticable, when he was judging at X-Factor in Australia. when he coached or gave critique, I could see, that he really knew, what he was talking about. So, hearing a bit about it, would be interesting. BUT I'm not sure, Adam would like to talk about it.

This is a transcript of the Twitter conversation he had, just in case you want to read it. Bit hard to follow, his answer appears to be above the question. People mistakenly thought he was using falsetto all the time in the high notes so he was explaining it, he seemed happy enough since they were understanding him so I'm guessing he would talk about it if the person asking the questions was knowledgeable. In a normal interview there'd be no point as they likely wouldn't understand the terminology.

http://adamlamberttv.blogspot.co.uk/201 ... ert-1.html

Thanks, I knew about that. I meant, he never speaks about his range. Sometimes he does speak about techniques. At least, when he thinks, it's important.

Nicki79
Spread Your Wings

Postby sharon20 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:41 pm

Ah right, yeah he doesn't seem to think range is important and I know what he means really. It's no good being able to hit a note if it sounds rubbish so I suppose he's right in saying "but does it sound good".

His recorded range is said to be E2 - Bb5 (3 octaves, 6 semi tones). Not sure if he has a wider range than that live, don't think anyone's done a profile on it for a few years.

There's a few vids on YouTube showing male vocal ranges and he's included in some with examples from songs.

sharon20
Spread Your Wings

Postby Nicki79 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:51 pm

icy wrote:Why aren't you surprised there is none with Adam? He might have been asked, and was too busy or refused for all we know.

It could be. But I wouldn't be surprised, if he was ignored in the first place.
Why I think so?
Because his name was barely mentioned on "Queen-Online" (and I'm not talking about the forum). By now, there are more posts of reviews and so on. In early 2015 there was no information about QAL, but the announcement of the tour (if I remember it correctly).

And when I look at Instagram, I'm greeted with:
"QUEEN is Freddie Mercury, Brian May, Roger Taylor and John Deacon and they play rock 'n' roll."
All right. But as someone, who just attended a QAL-concert, I'm wrong then.

I remember checking the pictures on instagram (I came later to instagram, so this must have been in 2016): old pictures of Queen, new pictures of QAL. No picture involved Adam.

All these are examples, that all together showed me, that the people, who run Queen-Online and other Queen-related social-media, don't want Adam related to Queen at all. It did change a bit by now. I think after 6 years, there is no way anymore to ignore Adam completely.
Remind, that's only my personal impression.
I understand, that Queen-fans don't want Adam to be a part of Queen. But an online fanpage should in my opinion be a source of the current tour as well. And Adam is a big part of that. How about:
"QUEEN was Freddie Mercury, Brian May, Roger Taylor and John Deacon and they played rock 'n' roll.
Brian and Roger are out on tour now with Adam Lambert." ?? It wouldn't cost Queen anything. It might just sound more up to date and more welcoming for newbies, who just witnessed a great concert and really liked the frontman.

That's just my opinion and suggestion. No, I don't need it and I don't need a podcast as well. It would just make Queen-Online more open-minded, if it included the current frontman just a little more.
Last edited by Nicki79 on Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nicki79
Spread Your Wings

Postby icy » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:10 pm

Nicki79 wrote:
icy wrote:Why aren't you surprised there is none with Adam? He might have been asked, and was too busy or refused for all we know.

It could be. But I wouldn't be surprised, if he was ignored in the first place.
Why I think so?
Because his name was barely mentioned on "Queen-Online" (and I'm not talking about the forum). By now, there are more posts of reviews and so on. In early 2015 there was no information about QAL, but the announcement of the tour (if I remember it correctly).

And when I look at Twitter or Instagram, I'm greeted with:
"QUEEN is Freddie Mercury, Brian May, Roger Taylor and John Deacon and they play rock 'n' roll."
All right. But as someone, who just attended a QAL-concert, I'm wrong then.

I remember checking the pictures on instagram (I came later to instagram, so this must have been in 2016): old pictures of Queen, new pictures of QAL. No picture involved Adam.

All these are examples, that all together showed me, that the people, who run Queen-Online and other Queen-related social-media, don't want Adam related to Queen at all. It did change a bit by now. I think after 6 years, there is no way anymore to ignore Adam completely.
Remind, that's only my personal impression.
I understand, that Queen-fans don't want Adam to be a part of Queen. But an online fanpage should in my opinion be a source of the current tour as well. And Adam is a big part of that. How about:
"QUEEN was Freddie Mercury, Brian May, Roger Taylor and John Deacon and they played rock 'n' roll.
Brian and Roger are out on tour now with Adam Lambert." ?? It wouldn't cost Queen anything. It might just sound more up to date and more welcoming for newbies, who just witnessed a great concert and really liked the frontman.

That's just my opinion and suggestion. No, I don't need it and I don't need a podcast as well. It would just make Queen-Online more open-minded, if it included the current frontman just a little more.

Queen was and always will be Freddie, Brian, Roger and John though.
And QOL is open minded. If that wasn't the case, discussions about many things ( not just AL )wouldn't be happening.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby snifflese » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:28 pm

If you are an example of "open minded", it is not a wonder that there is little mention of Adam. You guys seem to totally forget that it is not Queen touring right now and for the last 6 years, it is QAL, a beast of a different color!
This is also a QAL thread, not a Queen thread and it is also totally different!

snifflese
Spread Your Wings

Postby icy » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:36 pm

snifflese wrote:If you are an example of "open minded", it is not a wonder that there is little mention of Adam. You guys seem to totally forget that it is not Queen touring right now and for the last 6 years, it is QAL, a beast of a different color!
This is also a QAL thread, not a Queen thread and it is also totally different!

I said QOL is open minded. I'm well aware what you think of me by now. So because of me there is little mention of Adam?
Oh I think we can bring up Queen with Freddie here, not against any rules whatsoever. And besides, AL wouldn't be where he is without Queen.
I can tell the difference between Queen and Q+AL. One was and remains orginal, groundbreaking, legendary, one is not so orginal and groundbreaking, legendary.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby Nicki79 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:50 pm

icy wrote:And QOL is open minded. If that wasn't the case, discussions about many things ( not just AL )wouldn't be happening.

In your opinion. Not in mine. And especially not concerning the collaboration.
(And as I mentioned, I wasn’t talking about the forum at all.)

Nicki79
Spread Your Wings

Postby icy » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:59 pm

Nicki79 wrote:
icy wrote:And QOL is open minded. If that wasn't the case, discussions about many things ( not just AL )wouldn't be happening.

I've been here long enough to know this place is open minded. The people here have alot to do with that.
I feel Q+AL and especially AL gets enough free advertising here, considering what I've seen since Q+AL began. Shows info are on the home page. I don't have problem/s with how things were done. Ask any rock fan who they think Queen is, I dare say much of the time it's Freddie, Brian, Roger and John who they mention. Not Lambert, no matter how many Q+AL fans are 'won over'.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby AngelR » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:10 am

Nicki79 wrote:

I remember good old times when whole threads were deleted together with all concerts photographs and reviews. No wonder there is hardly anyone posting now.

AngelR
The Show Must Go On

PreviousNext

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert