ADAM PODCAST REQUEST!!

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Re: ADAM PODCAST REQUEST!!

Postby Nicki79 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:30 am

icy wrote:
Nicki79 wrote:
icy wrote:And QOL is open minded. If that wasn't the case, discussions about many things ( not just AL )wouldn't be happening.

In your opinion. Not in mine. And especially not concerning the collaboration.
(And as I mentioned, I wasn’t talking about the forum at all.)

I've been here long enough to know this place is open minded. The people here have alot to do with that.
I feel Q+AL and especially AL gets enough free advertising here, considering what I've seen since Q+AL began. Shows info are on the home page. I don't have problem/s with how things were done. Ask any rock fan who they think Queen is, I dare say much of the time it's Freddie, Brian, Roger and John who they mention. Not Lambert, no matter how many Q+AL fans are 'won over'.

I never said, that Queen is anything else than what you said. I just tried to explain, why I wasn’t surprised, that there is no podcast with Adam.

And another reason to add: I remember, that it was very interesting to read the „Notes from the Road“, that Nick did, when he accompanied QAL on their first tours. I really liked them. But It became over the time very apparent to me, that he never mentioned Adam, when he could avoid it.I was new to QAL. I understood, that he was a fan of Brian and Roger and had the impression, that he became somehow close to Neil and Rufus. Thus he naturally mentioned them more often. However, I read one of his notes and remember, that he mentioned, how 5 members of the band on stage did - he only „forgot“ one. He managed to ignore the frontman.
Since it were only his „private notes“, I accepted it and was happy with what I got.

But I thought, Nick was/is also involved with the podcasts? So: No wonder to me, that there was/is none with Adam.
And again: that was only my personal impression. And everybody is allowed to have their opinions concerning the collaboration and Adam. But don’t tell me, people here are open minded towards it.

Nicki79
Spread Your Wings

Postby dee87 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:41 am

JLP wrote:Not being a twat but why not ask him to do this via HIS website?

Because Adam at this point deserves to be on an Official Queen podcast, Marc Martel has been on twice so far and so have many other people connected to the Queen brand, while not being in the original band itself.

After touring with the band for six years it would be good to hear his side of things on an official podcast and by someone connected to the band I.e Neil. I really really want to know about his vocal technique, vocal range, vocal training, has he had to change certain song keys or are they all sung in the original key, how does he protect his voice, how much does he improvise on songs, how difficult is it to sing the songs live with no click track, when they improvise who follows who, what influence has he had on song choice, set design, improvisation etc. Any funny touring stories,
has he heard from John Deacon, what were his preconceived ideas about Brian and Roger and how does he feel performing alongside them now. What does/did Freddie mean to him. How does/did he see Queen as a band and their legacy. If he were to pick 5 songs to showcase them to a new fan what would he pick. What Queen song would he like to completely flip and sing a different way, example love kills which they changed from a disco song to a ballad.

Also, Adam doesn't have a podcast on his website so asking there would be pointless.

dee87
Spread Your Wings

Postby dee87 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:58 am

JLP wrote:
AngelR wrote:I think he's too busy with his new album and no ending tour at the moment anyway....but if it's Queen + AL related, about Queen music and requested by Queen fans: :( why should it be on Adam' s own website???

By a Queen fan? So why the stuff about his theatrical background, training and So on?

Because that is something you do when you are interviewing any singer. I'd want to know their background, how they got into music, what influenced them etc then ask them about current stuff. Prime example is Kerry Ellis who performs with Brian sometimes and has been on a podcast. I literally know nothing about her and would be very interested to hear a little background info so I know more about her and can thus appreciate her performing with Brian a bit more.

dee87
Spread Your Wings

Postby icy » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:20 am

Nicki79 wrote:I never said, that Queen is anything else than what you said. I just tried to explain, why I wasn’t surprised, that there is no podcast with Adam.

And another reason to add: I remember, that it was very interesting to read the „Notes from the Road“, that Nick did, when he accompanied QAL on their first tours. I really liked them. But It became over the time very apparent to me, that he never mentioned Adam, when he could avoid it.I was new to QAL. I understood, that he was a fan of Brian and Roger and had the impression, that he became somehow close to Neil and Rufus. Thus he naturally mentioned them more often. However, I read one of his notes and remember, that he mentioned, how 5 members of the band on stage did - he only „forgot“ one. He managed to ignore the frontman.
Since it were only his „private notes“, I accepted it and was happy with what I got.

But I thought, Nick was/is also involved with the podcasts? So: No wonder to me, that there was/is none with Adam.
And again: that was only my personal impression. And everybody is allowed to have their opinions concerning the collaboration and Adam. But don’t tell me, people here are open minded towards it.

Is it that big of a deal that he hasn't been on the podcast, and Nick didn't mention him in his entries? I thought Nick was fair. Was he mandated to mention AL?
But I will tell you people here are open minded. Just because they don't agree with you about AL, doesn't mean that they aren't open minded...they just don't agree with you about Lambert.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby Montavilla » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:41 am

So, yeah. I think it would be fun to hear a podcast with Adam. There's a lot oft, 5 minute interviews, where he says the usual stuff: Brian and Rodger are great, Freddie was a god, he's so honored.... etc.

But, like any artist or performer, the better interviews are the ones that last a little longer and go more in-depth. It might be fun to ask him about the other members of the band -- like Spike and Neil and Tyler. Just because I'll bet nobody ever asks him that, and he might be able to give some new perspective on this group and what they all contribute.

Ask him to talk about Freddie's vocal technique and how that may have influenced him. (Not just the performance, but the vocals.). Who else has influenced him musically? What part of his training/experience was helpful in tackling the Queen catalog?
"You are right!!!!" - The Milkman
Maybe you should shut the fuck up? - fairydandy

Montavilla
The Show Must Go On

Postby sharon20 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:11 am

dee87 wrote:
JLP wrote:Not being a twat but why not ask him to do this via HIS website?

Because Adam at this point deserves to be on an Official Queen podcast, Marc Martel has been on twice so far and so have many other people connected to the Queen brand, while not being in the original band itself.

After touring with the band for six years it would be good to hear his side of things on an official podcast and by someone connected to the band I.e Neil. I really really want to know about his vocal technique, vocal range, vocal training, has he had to change certain song keys or are they all sung in the original key, how does he protect his voice, how much does he improvise on songs, how difficult is it to sing the songs live with no click track, when they improvise who follows who, what influence has he had on song choice, set design, improvisation etc. Any funny touring stories,
has he heard from John Deacon, what were his preconceived ideas about Brian and Roger and how does he feel performing alongside them now. What does/did Freddie mean to him. How does/did he see Queen as a band and their legacy. If he were to pick 5 songs to showcase them to a new fan what would he pick. What Queen song would he like to completely flip and sing a different way, example love kills which they changed from a disco song to a ballad.

It would be interesting but unless/until they do one there are quite a few interviews where he talks about some of the stuff you mention. Not as in depth as a podcast but there is some of the info out there.

sharon20
Spread Your Wings

Postby musicalprostitute » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:01 pm

I think an Adam Lambert podcast would be perfectly logical in the current circumstances. Those who don't have any interest in the man simply have to not listen.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby Nicki79 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:02 pm

dee87 wrote:
JLP wrote:By a Queen fan? So why the stuff about his theatrical background, training and So on?

Because that is something you do when you are interviewing any singer. I'd want to know their background, how they got into music, what influenced them etc then ask them about current stuff. Prime example is Kerry Ellis who performs with Brian sometimes and has been on a podcast. I literally know nothing about her and would be very interested to hear a little background info so I know more about her and can thus appreciate her performing with Brian a bit more.

If you or anybody else is interested in Adam's background and how he got into music: I found this documentation "E! True Hollywood Story" about him very interesting. It's from 2010, so nothing about Queen or anything current. But it tells Adam's story from childhood to his first tour. (I couldn't find that one on youtube - on there is another one, which I find has less information). So here are the links:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xfq0wn (part 1 of 7 - childhood, some time in his voice-teacher Lynne talks a bit about her first experiences with 10-year-old Adam. Besides, she was his voice-teacher for a looong time, as far as I know.)
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xfq11l (part 2 - here you find the most information about Adam in theatre groups in highschool, on a cruise ship and the European production of "Hair")
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xfq8ow (part 3 - in "Zodiac-Show", "Wicked", "The Citizen Vein")
You can find the other parts on the page.

A podcast about Adam and his view on Queen would be great though! :D
Last edited by Nicki79 on Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Nicki79
Spread Your Wings

Postby Nicki79 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:05 pm

Sorry, double post.

Nicki79
Spread Your Wings

Postby CNB » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:39 pm

I’m not into podcasts or impromptu twitter parties. I don’t need to know what is Adam’s favorite color or what he ate for breakfast or exactly what music he is working on. I can wait until it is released. I am happy with whatever he decides to do and certainly has never needed MY input! :)
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby Nicki79 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:52 pm

CNB wrote:I’m not into podcasts or impromptu twitter parties. I don’t need to know what is Adam’s favorite color or what he ate for breakfast or exactly what music he is working on. I can wait until it is released. I am happy with whatever he decides to do and certainly has never needed MY input! :)

:?:
I think, the starter of this thread asked "QueenOnline" to do a podcast with Adam. If you have ever listened to one of the podcasts on here, they are all related to Queen and mostly you get very interesting background information about music and how people are working on it, ect. It has nothing to do with what you mentioned above, IMO. And they are not initiated by the one interviewed. So Adam wouldn't really be able to decide to do one, if he wasn't asked...

Nicki79
Spread Your Wings

Postby icy » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:16 pm

AL did a live video the other night where fans asked him lots of questions which he answered.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby icy » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:20 pm

CNB wrote:I’m not into podcasts or impromptu twitter parties. I don’t need to know what is Adam’s favorite color or what he ate for breakfast or exactly what music he is working on. I can wait until it is released. I am happy with whatever he decides to do and certainly has never needed MY input! :)

Do you know what a podcast is? I've listened to 100s about many different things, I've never heard of anyone asking about favorite color, food, it's usually very in depth about many different subjects.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby Nicki79 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:22 pm

icy wrote:AL did a live video the other night where fans asked him lots of questions which he answered.

Nothing about Queen though. (I asked, but he omitted questions about the rumoured record with Brian and Roger for the film).

Nicki79
Spread Your Wings

Postby Innuendoes » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:41 am

Nicki79 wrote:
sharon20 wrote:The stuff on Adamtopia is written by Cassie etc though so it's her thoughts on his vocal technique/range etc and not actually coming from Adam himself.

There is some info about the musical theater stuff etc. I read somewhere on there that he got asked in interview about vocal technique etc early on after Idol, but the interviewers didn't seem to know what he was talking about and kept changing the subject so maybe that's why he never talks about it anymore.

I noticed, that Adam always dodges questions about vocal techniques and especially his range. He never answeres these. I think, that's clever. ;)
I don't know much about singing. I simply enjoy, what I like. :) By now I know, that Adam must be an absolute expert. It was mostly noticable, when he was judging at X-Factor in Australia. when he coached or gave critique, I could see, that he really knew, what he was talking about. So, hearing a bit about it, would be interesting. BUT I'm not sure, Adam would like to talk about it.

As of Sept 12, 2016

Vocal Range: E2-B5
Voice Type: Melisma Tenor

Significant High Notes:

B5 ("Aftermath")
B♭5 ("Play That Funky Music (Live on American Idol)")
A5 ("Black Dog (The Zodiac Show Live)", "Crawl Through the Fire (The Zodiac Show Live)", "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction", "Play That Funky Music")
G♯5 ("20th Century Boy (Glam Nation Live)", "Aftermath", "How Come U Don't Call Me Anymore? (Upright Cabaret Live)", "Rockstar", "Sure Fire Winners", "You Can't Win (Upright Cabaret Live)")
G5 ("Black or White", "Born to Be Wild", "Can't Let You Go", "Crawl Through the Fire (The Zodiac Show Live)", "Heaven on Their Minds (Live)", "I Believe in a Thing Called Love", "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction", "If I Can't Have You", "Music Again", "Play That Funky Music", “Sleepwalker (Live on The Jay Leno Show)")
F♯5 ("20th Century Boy (Glam Nation Live)", "For Your Entertainment", "Love Wins Over Glamour", "Somebody to Love (Live Big Ben 2014)”, "Whataya Want from Me")
F5 ("20th Century Boy (Glam Nation Live)", "Can't Let You Go", “Crazy (Art 4 Life Benefit Live)", "Feeling Good", "Fever", "How Come U Don't Call Me Anymore? (Upright Cabaret Live)", "Pop That Lock", "Quiet Desperation", "Runnin’", “Stone Cold Crazy (Rock in Rio 2015)”, "You Can't Win (Upright Cabaret Live)")
E5 ("Aftermath", "Crawl Through the Fire (The Zodiac Show Live)", "Fever", "I Believe in a Thing Called Love", "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction", "Play That Funky Music", “Sleepwalker (Live on The Jay Leno Show)", "Whole Lotta Love (Live on American Idol 2009)")
E♭5 ("For Your Entertainment", "Love Wins Over Glamour", "Pop That Lock", "Rockstar”, “Somebody to Love (Live Big Ben 2014)”, "Sure Fire Winners”)
D5 ("Born to Be Wild", "Can't Let You Go”, “Crazy Little Thing Called Love (Live Big Ben 2014)”, "Feeling Good", "Fever", "Heaven on Their Minds"(Live)", “I Want it All (Live Big Ben 2014)”, “Marry the Night”, “One Vision (Rock in Rio 2015)”, "Play That Funky Music", "Quiet Desperation", "Radio Gaga (Live Big Ben 2014)", "Runnin’”, “The Show Must Go On (Live Big Ben 2014)”, “Under Pressure (Live Big Ben 2014)”, "Whataya Want from Me”,"“Who Wants to Live Forever (Live at Isle of Wight 2016)")
C♯5 ("20th Century Boy (Glam Nation (Live)", "Another One Bites the Dust (Live Big Ben 2014)”,
"Aftermath", "Black or White", "Chokehold", "How Come U Don't Call Me Anymore? (Upright Cabaret (Live)", "I Want to Break Free (Live Big Ben 2014)”, "Shady")
C5 ("Bohemian Rhapsody (Live)", "Crawl Through the Fire", "I Believe in a Thing Called Love", "If I Can't Have You", "Pop That Lock", "Sleepwalker")
B4 ("Black or White", "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction", “I Want it All (Live Big Ben 2014)" "Play That Funky Music”, “The Show Must Go On (Live Big Ben 2014)”, "Sure Fire Winners", "Whataya Want from Me", "Whole Lotta Love (Live on American Idol 2009)")
B♭4 ("Radio GaGa (Live Big Ben 2014")

Significant Low Notes:

E3 (“Another One Bites the Dust (Live Big Ben 2014)”, "Whole Lotta Love (Live on American Idol 2009)", “Who Wants to Live Forever (Live at Isle of Wight 2016)”)
D3 (“Crazy Little Thing Called Love (Live Big Ben 2014)”, "Feeling Good", "Heaven on Their Minds (Live)", "Play That Funky Music", "Runnin'")
C♯3 ("Aftermath", "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction", “Under Pressure (Live Big Ben 2014)")
C3 ("Fever", "Pop That Lock", "Quiet Desperation", "Runnin'", "Sleepwalker")
B2 ("Chokehold", "Nirvana")
B♭2 ("Love Wins Over Glamour", "Shady")
A2 ("Runnin'")
E2 ("You're The One That I Want”)
Sometimes our tears blinded the love
We lost out dreams along the way
But I never thought you'd trade your soul to the fates
Never thought you'd leave me alone

Innuendoes
I Want To Break Free

LEMONed I Scream

Previous