ADAM PODCAST REQUEST!!

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Re: ADAM PODCAST REQUEST!!

Postby icy » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:16 pm

Nicki79 wrote:
icy wrote:
Don't know why he even would talk about Freddie's sexuality at all. Some will say, oh AL was asked and couldn't say no, I would rather not talk about it.
But he has talked about it lately. I dont think it's his place to do it. And considering how much he has contradicted his statements from not knowing how in or out of the closet Freddie was, to now AL saying Freddie wasn't gay, but by definition he was bisexual...and apparently in the shitty Sun tabloid publishing it...
Sorry, AL isn't looking good here, IMO. If he wants to talk about his own sexuality, go for it. Leave Freddie's sexuality out of it, I wish AL wouldn't even go there in the interviews.

You know, you emphasize the topic of Freddie’s sexuality even more by your posts about that under every interview link, do you? ;)
I realized, that you tend not to talk about the things you liked in an interview. :lol: There are 28 more minutes. Adam spoke highly about Freddie. He talked about being backstage at the venue before a gig, about some Queen songs (game: repeat, shuffle or delete?), and about so many other things. I was sceptical, because of the Sun connection at first as well. But the podcast is great: some light and good researched questions got answered in detail by an Adam, who was in a good mood before a concert.
If you want my opinion on why Adam might be talking about Freddie’s sexuality suddenly, you‘ll have to wait till later. I‘ll enjoy my vacation and go fishing now. 8-)



Yes, because it stuck me he spoke about it again and the conclusion he came to a out it. From not knowing how much Freddie was in or out of the closet, to know saying Freddie wasn't gay, but by definition he was bisexual, that's quite a leap he made. What found it very unsettling he would even talk about it at all and I will voice my thoughts about it.
I didn't listen to the full interview. The Sun by the way is a shitty tabloid that treated Freddie like shit in his last years. I usually don't even click on links or anything to do with it.
Sure, tell me why you think suddenly he is speaking about it lately?
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 16386
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 254 times
Been thanked: 558 times

Re: ADAM PODCAST REQUEST!!

Postby hardwired » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:05 pm

Nicki79 wrote:
hardwired wrote:The podcast is awful yes

OK then. Tell me: What exactly is awful about the podcast?

AL, a stand in singer, is talking about another ones sexuality what is none of his business. It happens that the guy he is talking about is responsible for making his living as he is doing karaoke of this guy's songs
 
hardwired
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:33 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: ADAM PODCAST REQUEST!!

Postby Nicki79 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:44 pm

icy wrote:Sure, tell me why you think suddenly he is speaking about it lately?

First of all: I don’t think, it’s a big deal. Adam actually didn’t say anything, that Freddie fans, who are interested in the man behind the music, don‘t know. Even to me, nothing of it was new.

In this Interview, somewhere really in between a lot of other things, the interviewer asked Adam, why he thinks, that Freddie was bisexual (referring to an earlier interview) and Adam explained that. He started:
„I think...“
In my mind I could actually hear Freddie saying: „You can think, whatever you want, darling.“ :lol:

But whatever. You’re right, that it’s a bit strange, that Adam lately started to talk about Freddie’s sexuality. I was really startled by it, when he talked about it in the Attitude magazine. Especially, since he himself had said some time ago, that it bothers him, when all the interviewers want from him, is to talk about his own sexuality.

So here is my take on it (and it’s just my opinion):
Adam started to talk about Freddie being bi shortly after the first trailer for the Queen film came out. The trailer had been criticized by some members of the gay community, because Freddie was shown with a woman. They said, that the film is going to downplay the fact, that Freddie was gay.
I remember, that Adam at the time had been asked about the trailer and the „scene“ with the woman and he simply answered, that he had seen Freddie with a man as well and that you can’t judge a film by a trailer. (I’m with him on that.)

Adam adores Freddie. That becomes pretty clear, when you listened to parts of the 90% of the podcast, that didn‘t make it into the written Sun interview. It also becomes clear, when you know Adam a bit better. I‘ve seen, that he has a picture of Freddie in concert in his house, as well as some (early?) sketches of the Queen crest, that Freddie had drawn.

Therefore I think, that Adam tries to spread the opinion, that Freddie was bi. Although most people might not be interested, many of his peers in the gay community are. And some of them won’t be amused to see a film, where Freddie as the gay idol, they had looked up to, is portrayed with a woman. On the whole, their reviews can harm the film, when the rumour spreads, that it’s not accurate.
Adam is something like a spokesperson for the gay community. Surely not for all of them, far from that. But in the music industry his word as Queen‘s singer means something and there are especially a lot of (younger) queer people, who look up to him. They will believe him much more, than when Brian and Roger tried to explain, that Freddie wasn’t gay.

That’s my take on it. I could be wrong, but it would fit with the timeframe and Adam‘s sudden „change of mind“.
 
Nicki79
We Will Rock You
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 511
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:52 pm
Location: Germany
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 35 times

Re: ADAM PODCAST REQUEST!!

Postby Nicki79 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:52 pm

hardwired wrote:
Nicki79 wrote:
hardwired wrote:The podcast is awful yes

OK then. Tell me: What exactly is awful about the podcast?

AL, a stand in singer, is talking about another ones sexuality what is none of his business. It happens that the guy he is talking about is responsible for making his living as he is doing karaoke of this guy's songs

Thanks. You are judging the podcast by icy‘s response. You have actually no idea, what you’re talking about, because I can tell from your answer, that you didn’t listen to it. You are only here to mock Adam. Or is there any other reason for you to be in this thread?
You don’t like him, I got that. You can leave now and let the people interested in QAL talk about it.
 
Nicki79
We Will Rock You
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 511
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:52 pm
Location: Germany
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 35 times

Re: ADAM PODCAST REQUEST!!

Postby icy » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:06 pm

Nicki79 wrote:Thanks. You are judging the podcast by icy‘s response. You have actually no idea, what you’re talking about, because I can tell from your answer, that you didn’t listen to it. You are only here to mock Adam. Or is there any other reason for you to be in this thread?
You don’t like him, I got that. You can leave now and let the people interested in QAL talk about it.

A few things first. Don't lump hardwired in with me, or I with him. I have a mind of my own, and I have actually discussed AL speaking about Freddie's sexuality here on QOL before. I don't know if hardwired listened to the whole interview, I can say I haven't. I couldn't stomach any more of it to be honest.
I don't think hardwired is judging things by my response.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 16386
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 254 times
Been thanked: 558 times

Re: ADAM PODCAST REQUEST!!

Postby Nicki79 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:11 pm

icy wrote:
Nicki79 wrote:Thanks. You are judging the podcast by icy‘s response. You have actually no idea, what you’re talking about, because I can tell from your answer, that you didn’t listen to it. You are only here to mock Adam. Or is there any other reason for you to be in this thread?
You don’t like him, I got that. You can leave now and let the people interested in QAL talk about it.

A few things first. Don't lump hardwired in with me, or I with him. I have a mind of my own, and I have actually discussed AL speaking about Freddie's sexuality here on QOL before. I don't know if hardwired listened to the whole interview, I can say I haven't. I couldn't stomach any more of it to be honest.
I don't think hardwired is judging things by my response.

I think, he did. He only found something to criticize after you posted your response. ;) :lol:
You have your own mind and I don’t think, you have anything to do with him. All is good.

By the way: the part you’re referring to is towards the end of the podcast. But it sounds, as if you haven’t listen to anything else but that. :?:
 
Nicki79
We Will Rock You
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 511
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:52 pm
Location: Germany
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 35 times

Re: ADAM PODCAST REQUEST!!

Postby icy » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:19 pm

Nicki79 wrote:
icy wrote:Sure, tell me why you think suddenly he is speaking about it lately?

First of all: I don’t think, it’s a big deal. Adam actually didn’t say anything, that Freddie fans, who are interested in the man behind the music, don‘t know. Even to me, nothing of it was new.

In this Interview, somewhere really in between a lot of other things, the interviewer asked Adam, why he thinks, that Freddie was bisexual (referring to an earlier interview) and Adam explained that. He started:
„I think...“
In my mind I could actually hear Freddie saying: „You can think, whatever you want, darling.“ :lol:

But whatever. You’re right, that it’s a bit strange, that Adam lately started to talk about Freddie’s sexuality. I was really startled by it, when he talked about it in the Attitude magazine. Especially, since he himself had said some time ago, that it bothers him, when all the interviewers want from him, is to talk about his own sexuality.

So here is my take on it (and it’s just my opinion):
Adam started to talk about Freddie being bi shortly after the first trailer for the Queen film came out. The trailer had been criticized by some members of the gay community, because Freddie was shown with a woman. They said, that the film is going to downplay the fact, that Freddie was gay.
I remember, that Adam at the time had been asked about the trailer and the „scene“ with the woman and he simply answered, that he had seen Freddie with a man as well and that you can’t judge a film by a trailer. (I’m with him on that.)

Adam adores Freddie. That becomes pretty clear, when you listened to parts of the 90% of the podcast, that didn‘t make it into the written Sun interview. It also becomes clear, when you know Adam a bit better. I‘ve seen, that he has a picture of Freddie in concert in his house, as well as some (early?) sketches of the Queen crest, that Freddie had drawn.

Therefore I think, that Adam tries to spread the opinion, that Freddie was bi. Although most people might not be interested, many of his peers in the gay community are. And some of them won’t be amused to see a film, where Freddie as the gay idol, they had looked up to, is portrayed with a woman. On the whole, their reviews can harm the film, when the rumour spreads, that it’s not accurate.
Adam is something like a spokesperson for the gay community. Surely not for all of them, far from that. But in the music industry his word as Queen‘s singer means something and there are especially a lot of (younger) queer people, who look up to him. They will believe him much more, than when Brian and Roger tried to explain, that Freddie wasn’t gay.

That’s my take on it. I could be wrong, but it would fit with the timeframe and Adam‘s sudden „change of mind“.


Freddie sexuality was a big deal at least to some of us. I don't think he hid who he was.
So you are excusing it to say AL is not saying anything that was known before. A couple of months ago, AL state in another article he didn't know how in or out of the closet Freddie was. Now, AL is saying Freddie wasn't gay, and by definition, Freddie was bisexual. See the point I'm making? Also, Freddie isn't here to give his side of the story, and it's likely he wouldn't have given it anyways considering how private Freddie was.
AL adores Freddie you say. Not a good way to prove it by talking about someone else's sexuality. AL has said he spoke to band members and friends of Freddie's. Did they expect AL to go to the press about Freddie's sexuality?
AL may be the spokesperson for gay rights. Guess what though. He isn't Freddie's spokesperson.
AL is often onstage singing Queen songs, has made a pretty good life for himself from doing it. I wish he would keep Freddie's private life out of the press. It makes AL look attention hungry. One thing to speak about AL's own life, but Freddie's sexuality...what a mess.AL isn't helping things at all by doing this. It's actually very off putting.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 16386
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 254 times
Been thanked: 558 times

Re: ADAM PODCAST REQUEST!!

Postby icy » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:22 pm

Nicki79 wrote:
icy wrote:
Nicki79 wrote:Thanks. You are judging the podcast by icy‘s response. You have actually no idea, what you’re talking about, because I can tell from your answer, that you didn’t listen to it. You are only here to mock Adam. Or is there any other reason for you to be in this thread?
You don’t like him, I got that. You can leave now and let the people interested in QAL talk about it.

A few things first. Don't lump hardwired in with me, or I with him. I have a mind of my own, and I have actually discussed AL speaking about Freddie's sexuality here on QOL before. I don't know if hardwired listened to the whole interview, I can say I haven't. I couldn't stomach any more of it to be honest.
I don't think hardwired is judging things by my response.

I think, he did. He only found something to criticize after you posted your response. ;) :lol:
You have your own mind and I don’t think, you have anything to do with him. All is good.

By the way: the part you’re referring to is towards the end of the podcast. But it sounds, as if you haven’t listen to anything else but that. :?:


Wow, imagine that. Critising something after my posts...as if that's never happened on QOL.
No, I didn't listen to anything else other than that part. That was more than enough for me.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 16386
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 254 times
Been thanked: 558 times

Re: ADAM PODCAST REQUEST!!

Postby Nicki79 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:44 pm

I see , it’s better to leave that topic alone.

I don’t know, where you have listened to that podcast (and no, I don’t want to know). But unfortunately it seems, that you fell for the Sun and the interviewer, who made this their headline. Yes. I know, that’s how newspapers work.
In the end, it’s really just a very short part out of that long podcast.
 
Nicki79
We Will Rock You
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 511
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:52 pm
Location: Germany
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 35 times

Re: ADAM PODCAST REQUEST!!

Postby icy » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:51 pm

Nicki79 wrote:I see , it’s better to leave that topic alone.

I don’t know, where you have listened to that podcast (and no, I don’t want to know). But unfortunately it seems, that you fell for the Sun and the interviewer, who made this their headline. Yes. I know, that’s how newspapers work.
In the end, it’s really just a very short part out of that long podcast.


Well, you are the one that brought it to here. And I gave my POV about something in particular. Sorry, it wasn't glowing what I posted.
I hate the Sun that's nothing new, nor do I like it when AL speaks about Freddie's sexuality. But no, I didn't fall for anything.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 16386
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 254 times
Been thanked: 558 times

Re: ADAM PODCAST REQUEST!!

Postby Nicki79 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:02 pm

I brought a podcast of 30 minutes on here. To hear Adam talk about Freddie’s sexuality you need to listen to at least 20 of them.

I have no issue with your point of view. It seems something personal and important to you, since you are writing that under every interview-link, where Adam has lately talked about Freddie. I haven’t heard or read complaints by anyone else so far. (Other than hardwired, who complains about everything QAL.) Maybe it’s also possible for you to accept, that it isn’t a big deal for most people.

Actually, I just think, it’s a pity, that this great podcast is reduced to one minute. Good Night!
 
Nicki79
We Will Rock You
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 511
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:52 pm
Location: Germany
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 35 times

Re: ADAM PODCAST REQUEST!!

Postby icy » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:10 pm

Nicki79 wrote:I have no issue with your point of view. It seems something personal and important to you, since you are writing that under every interview-link, where Adam has lately talked about Freddie. I haven’t heard or read complaints by anyone else so far. (Other than hardwired, who complains about everything QAL.) Maybe it’s also possible for you to accept, that it isn’t a big deal for most people.

Actually, I just think, it’s a pity, that this great podcast is reduced to one minute. Good Night!


It strikes me when he talks about it. Yes, I feel it isn't his place to do it. Even if I'm the only one who feels the way I do about it, does that mean I should not share what I think about it?
I don't know what others think about it unless they post how they feel.
I think it's a pity AL would even go there about a person's sexuality when that person isn't around to give his side of the story, and who likely would not have spoke about it to begin with.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 16386
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 254 times
Been thanked: 558 times

Re: ADAM PODCAST REQUEST!!

Postby snifflese » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:08 am

There you are, Icy and you are like Caroline rushing to defend Freddie at all cost. Do you see a slight similarity in what you do and you think she does? It is very apparent to me.

I think there is probably a reason Adam said what he did and I would assume it came from Brian and Roger and other intimate friends of Freddie. I assume you were not initmate with him, because you weren't even a fan until after he died. Could it possibly be that Brian and Roger might know more than you think you do and want it put out there that Freddie was really bisexual? It is in the movie (from what I read above), so maybe they do want that put out there because it is true. Why would you care if Freddie is bi or gay? Who cares? It doesn't make a difference to the majority of us and why you would spend your time making such a fuss? I don't get it. You are so obsessed with the tiniest details. Adam probably said what he did for a reasom. He is a grown man, who has been intimately involved with Queen and the group of people who knew Freddie, so he might know the truth. Maybe it is time for everyone to know the truth of Freddie's sexuality and you certainly can't say that it isn't so. For me and most people it doesn't make much of a difference. He is still the great Freddie Mercury who could sleep with whomever he wanted to and that was just OK by me. Just as it is OK for Adam to answer a question.
 
snifflese
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:06 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 45 times

Re: ADAM PODCAST REQUEST!!

Postby icy » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:55 am

snifflese wrote:There you are, Icy and you are like Caroline rushing to defend Freddie at all cost. Do you see a slight similarity in what you do and you think she does? It is very apparent to me.

I think there is probably a reason Adam said what he did and I would assume it came from Brian and Roger and other intimate friends of Freddie. I assume you were not initmate with him, because you weren't even a fan until after he died. Could it possibly be that Brian and Roger might know more than you think you do and want it put out there that Freddie was really bisexual? It is in the movie (from what I read above), so maybe they do want that put out there because it is true. Why would you care if Freddie is bi or gay? Who cares? It doesn't make a difference to the majority of us and why you would spend your time making such a fuss? I don't get it. You are so obsessed with the tiniest details. Adam probably said what he did for a reasom. He is a grown man, who has been intimately involved with Queen and the group of people who knew Freddie, so he might know the truth. Maybe it is time for everyone to know the truth of Freddie's sexuality and you certainly can't say that it isn't so. For me and most people it doesn't make much of a difference. He is still the great Freddie Mercury who could sleep with whomever he wanted to and that was just OK by me. Just as it is OK for Adam to answer a question.


Yeah, sure I do what CNB did on QOL. :sarcasm:
Yes, I was not fan until after Freddie passed away. I have said that before, you make it seem like I have said otherwise.
Sure if Brian and Roger want to put out there if Freddie was bisexual. Why have AL do it for them? Why doesn't AL explain why Freddie's sexuality is so important for him to discuss lately? I have no problem with the truth, what I do have an issue with is AL speaking about Freddie's sexuality when the man was very private and not here now to give his side of things. That should be obvious. Because AL can talk about Freddie's private life, doesn't mean he should, IMO.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 16386
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 254 times
Been thanked: 558 times

Re: ADAM PODCAST REQUEST!!

Postby hardwired » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:38 am

This shameful collaboration is one thing. But seeing AL becoming the spokesperson for Freddie is a new alltime low. Can anybody stop him please.?
 
hardwired
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:33 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0 time

PreviousNext

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests