ADAM PODCAST REQUEST!!

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Re: ADAM PODCAST REQUEST!!

Postby sharon20 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:42 am

I hadn't listened to this so I just played it now and all he actually says is that by definition he thinks Freddie would be classed as bi since he did sleep with women occasionally. That was just his personal opinion of labels In the context of the interview where they were talking about fluidity and what constitutes being gay or bi or whatever. I was expecting him to have been really indiscreet from all the comments.

Fans know Freddie slept with women on occasion, it's no big secret and Adam didn't say any personal details or anything that you couldn't find in a quick google or YouTube search, in fact the documentaries that are out there give way more information and detail. I really fail to find anything wrong at all in this.
 
sharon20
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 231
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:44 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: ADAM PODCAST REQUEST!!

Postby Nicki79 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:12 am

@sharon20
Thanks for being reasonable.
How did you like the rest of the podcast? I found it interesting, that out of the 3 mentioned Queen songs (AOBTD, STL, WWTLF) he would delete „Who wants to live forever“ (the recording). I mean, the choice in that game was hard, I think he loves all 3 of these songs, but interesting nevertheless.
 
Nicki79
We Will Rock You
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 563
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:52 pm
Location: Germany
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 45 times

Re: ADAM PODCAST REQUEST!!

Postby sharon20 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:23 pm

Nicki79 wrote:@sharon20
Thanks for being reasonable.
How did you like the rest of the podcast? I found it interesting, that out of the 3 mentioned Queen songs (AOBTD, STL, WWTLF) he would delete „Who wants to live forever“ (the recording). I mean, the choice in that game was hard, I think he loves all 3 of these songs, but interesting nevertheless.


I know he loves AOBTD, he's done it at a lot of his solo shows, and he's said he really connects with the theme of STL and he knows it was a real favourite of Freddie's as well. Deleting Brian's WWTLF though, ouch, I love that song and I get the impression he really loves performing it but he had to choose one, impossible choice really. His own song choices were what I would have predicted, I always felt NCOE wasn't a favourite of his.
 
sharon20
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 231
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:44 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: ADAM PODCAST REQUEST!!

Postby musicalprostitute » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:30 pm

hardwired wrote:QAL will be a small sad footnote in Queen history which stopped being active in 1991 and where two ex members decided to milk the brand until the last drop and stopped being a creative force


Er, no. You are dreaming again. Time to wake up and face the facts. QAL will be remembered for a long time by many, many Queen fans and Adam fans alike. This collaboration has done more for Queen's music and popularity than anything else I can think of in the last decade or so.

At the end of the day you simply cannot argue with facts. QAL are hugely successful and have now been fully embraced by most of the Queen fanbase; I am afraid you are in a very tiny minority.
 
musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

      
 
Posts: 4271
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Essex and Cardiff.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 455 times

Re: ADAM PODCAST REQUEST!!

Postby musicalprostitute » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:37 pm

Nicki79 wrote:@sharon20
Thanks for being reasonable.
How did you like the rest of the podcast? I found it interesting, that out of the 3 mentioned Queen songs (AOBTD, STL, WWTLF) he would delete „Who wants to live forever“ (the recording). I mean, the choice in that game was hard, I think he loves all 3 of these songs, but interesting nevertheless.


I enjoyed the podcast. As usual, Adam came across as likeable, courteous, respectful and fun. He did not say anything out of line and certainly nothing offensive regarding Freddie's sexuality (and I have a sneaky feeling that Freddie would love the fact that people can be so open about these kind of things these days).

Adam is always respectful about Freddie and Queen; I have never seen him say anything remotely offensive or negative about them. Not ever. I can see why Brian and Roger love him so much.
 
musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

      
 
Posts: 4271
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Essex and Cardiff.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 455 times

Re: ADAM PODCAST REQUEST!!

Postby hardwired » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:17 pm

Why should he bite the hand that feeds him? For me he is still arrogant and playing his rock Star part and is pretty badly at acting. He is the definition of being fake and manufactured. He stands for everything that is wrong with the music business today.
 
hardwired
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:33 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: ADAM PODCAST REQUEST!!

Postby hardwired » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:20 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
hardwired wrote:This collaboration has done more for Queen's music and popularity than anything else I can think of in the last decade or so.


It has done the most harm to the Queen brand. Since QAL Maylor are seen as sad moneygrabbers doing endless Nostalgia Tours with a casting guy. They have lost a lot of respect out there except in the Glambert world as they are saving AL from his nearing career end
 
hardwired
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:33 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: ADAM PODCAST REQUEST!!

Postby musicalprostitute » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:27 pm

hardwired wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:
hardwired wrote:This collaboration has done more for Queen's music and popularity than anything else I can think of in the last decade or so.


It has done the most harm to the Queen brand. Since QAL Maylor are seen as sad moneygrabbers doing endless Nostalgia Tours with a casting guy


No. The only harm it has done is giving trolls like you another platform to spout your negativity from. And you clearly are a troll as opposed to a true Queen fan: you just spend most of our time saying anything negative about Brian, Roger, QAL and AL...

...so, on that note, I propose that we all simply ignore your rants from now on; you simply go round in circles anyway.
 
musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

      
 
Posts: 4271
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Essex and Cardiff.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 455 times

Re: ADAM PODCAST REQUEST!!

Postby hardwired » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:53 pm

Being a Queen fan doesnt mean you have to like everything Maylor do. That would be a blind follower which I aint. Loving Queen and hating QAL is not surprising really
 
hardwired
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:33 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: ADAM PODCAST REQUEST!!

Postby Nicki79 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:11 pm

hardwired wrote:. Loving Queen and hating QAL is not surprising really

If YOU say so, it must be true. :lol:
The surprise is, that the QAL hater is spending almost his entire time in the QAL section. And this, while there is a new trailer coming out and a lot of traffic in the Queen section of this board. But all you seem to be interested is trolling. :roll:
Bye.
 
Nicki79
We Will Rock You
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 563
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:52 pm
Location: Germany
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 45 times

Re: ADAM PODCAST REQUEST!!

Postby musicalprostitute » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:19 pm

hardwired wrote:Being a Queen fan doesnt mean you have to like everything Maylor do. That would be a blind follower which I aint. Loving Queen and hating QAL is not surprising really


That is true. I am no blind follower either. But you just seem to spend most of your time attacking Brian and Roger's decisions and think that you know best regarding the band (when I would suggest that the two men who created the genesis of Queen know more than you, I or anyone).

I am not saying everyone should like QAL; I, personally, could not give a solitary shit who likes them or not. But there is a vast difference between healthy and balanced criticism and someone just blatantly attacking someone/something for the sake of it - which is what you seem to do.

A simple question: if you are not a troll, why on earth do you spend your time in the QAL forum knocking them?
 
musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

      
 
Posts: 4271
Images: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Essex and Cardiff.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 455 times

Re: ADAM PODCAST REQUEST!!

Postby hardwired » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:45 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:A simple question: if you are not a troll, why on earth do you spend your time in the QAL forum knocking them?

For me QAL is a personal insult and an insult to any Queen fan. They not only lost integrity by selling out , they stand against anything Queen once stood for from 1971-1991: Being a creative force, taking risks and not becoming their own sad caricature.
And the most apalling thing is that they sell this with their awful "Freddie would have loved it". Same apalling advertising as "Paul Rodgers was Freddie's favourite singer".
They ridicule the Queen brand with QAL. Handing over the crown to AL is the most disrespectful thing I can imagine. What has he done to deserve the crown ? He hasnt written a single note, is a casting muppet and cannot write a song to save his life. Maylor once hated casting muppets like this (C-lebrity anyone?).

Maylor deserve every attack they get. From once mighty legends to sellouts for a quick buck by advertising this as "Queen" when it clearly is so opposite to Queen as you can imagine.
I have lost every respect for them I once had. They are destroying their mighty legacy with QAL.
 
hardwired
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:33 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: ADAM PODCAST REQUEST!!

Postby Nicki79 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:03 pm

hardwired wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:A simple question: if you are not a troll, why on earth do you spend your time in the QAL forum knocking them?

For me QAL is a personal insult and an insult to any Queen fan. They not only lost integrity by selling out , they stand against anything Queen once stood for from 1971-1991: Being a creative force, taking risks and not becoming their own sad caricature.
And the most apalling thing is that they sell this with their awful "Freddie would have loved it". Same apalling advertising as "Paul Rodgers was Freddie's favourite singer".
They ridicule the Queen brand with QAL. Handing over the crown to AL is the most disrespectful thing I can imagine. What has he done to deserve the crown ? He hasnt written a single note, is a casting muppet and cannot write a song to save his life. Maylor once hated casting muppets like this (C-lebrity anyone?).

Maylor deserve every attack they get. From once mighty legends to sellouts for a quick buck by advertising this as "Queen" when it clearly is so opposite to Queen as you can imagine.
I have lost every respect for them I once had. They are destroying their mighty legacy with QAL.

That‘s your opinion. When you feel that way, you should find something else, that you can enjoy in your life. You and I, and some others here know, that you are spending a lot of time trolling QAL forums and social media. On here your comments are much more civilized, at least. But I don’t think you‘ll persuade anyone. The collaboration has been going on for 6 years. Many enjoy it, some hate it and everything in between. Your provocations on this forum won‘t change that. You won’t change the fact, that Brian and Roger love, what they are doing, nor the fact, that they are absolutely successful in that.
Just to add: Everyone, who knows Lambert a bit better, sees, that you are writing complete nonsense about him.

Edit: If you want to discuss your problems with Maylor and QAL, please open your own thread, instead of entering ethe existing ones.
Last edited by Nicki79 on Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 
Nicki79
We Will Rock You
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 563
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:52 pm
Location: Germany
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 45 times

Re: ADAM PODCAST REQUEST!!

Postby hardwired » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:09 pm

Nicki79 wrote:Just to add: Everyone, who knows Lambert a bit better, sees, that you are writing complete nonsense about him.

Regardless of what you think of his voice (I find it unlistenable) I am spot on with his non existing abilites to write a song. And he is completely manufactured and acting his rock singer role and failing miserably. He is a dance artist maybe if at all.
 
hardwired
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:33 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: ADAM PODCAST REQUEST!!

Postby Nicki79 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:13 pm

hardwired wrote:
Nicki79 wrote:Just to add: Everyone, who knows Lambert a bit better, sees, that you are writing complete nonsense about him.

Regardless of what you think of his voice (I find it unlistenable) I am spot on with his non existing abilites to write a song. And he is completely manufactured and acting his rock singer role and failing miserably. He is a dance artist maybe if at all.

I don’t think, his writing skills have anything to do with QAL. And what do you mean with „manufactured“?
 
Nicki79
We Will Rock You
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 563
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:52 pm
Location: Germany
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 45 times

PreviousNext

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests