ADAM PODCAST REQUEST!!

The forum to discuss the ongoing collaboration with Adam Lambert. Talk about the tour etc in here but please and chat type stuff into the designated chat thread in Fried Chicken.

Re: ADAM PODCAST REQUEST!!

Postby musicalprostitute » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:26 pm

hardwired wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:A simple question: if you are not a troll, why on earth do you spend your time in the QAL forum knocking them?

For me QAL is a personal insult and an insult to any Queen fan. They not only lost integrity by selling out , they stand against anything Queen once stood for from 1971-1991: Being a creative force, taking risks and not becoming their own sad caricature.
And the most apalling thing is that they sell this with their awful "Freddie would have loved it". Same apalling advertising as "Paul Rodgers was Freddie's favourite singer".
They ridicule the Queen brand with QAL. Handing over the crown to AL is the most disrespectful thing I can imagine. What has he done to deserve the crown ? He hasnt written a single note, is a casting muppet and cannot write a song to save his life. Maylor once hated casting muppets like this (C-lebrity anyone?).

Maylor deserve every attack they get. From once mighty legends to sellouts for a quick buck by advertising this as "Queen" when it clearly is so opposite to Queen as you can imagine.
I have lost every respect for them I once had. They are destroying their mighty legacy with QAL.

But it is only you and a few others who think Adam is a 'casting muppet'. Clearly many more see him as a fine singer - they wouldn't be selling out everywhere otherwise.

And we have been through this c-lebrity thing before: the lyrics do not mention anyone like Adam at all - they are clearly talking more about the Big Brother/Love Island kind of celebrity that has been going on in recent years.

And you honestly think two 70 year old multi-millionaires are going out on the road across the globe for the money? It is clear they do it for the love of it - one only has to look at Brian's beaming face every night to see that (seldom have I seen him look so happy up there).

Brian and Roger are quite happy in the knowledge that the majority of real Queen fans will be happy for them - even if they don't buy into the QAL thing. You, on the other hand, in your dislike of QAL have become bitter towards Brian and Roger too...very sad. How can any true fan be so vitriolic and bitter when they know that the two founding members of their band are so happy where they are now? I think they deserve to be happy.

You are just blinded by your hatred of all things QAL. It's a shame that a purported Queen fan chooses to spend his time bitter about something he will never change; why don't you go and enjoy the old concerts instead?

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby icy » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:28 pm

sharon20 wrote:I hadn't listened to this so I just played it now and all he actually says is that by definition he thinks Freddie would be classed as bi since he did sleep with women occasionally. That was just his personal opinion of labels In the context of the interview where they were talking about fluidity and what constitutes being gay or bi or whatever. I was expecting him to have been really indiscreet from all the comments.

Fans know Freddie slept with women on occasion, it's no big secret and Adam didn't say any personal details or anything that you couldn't find in a quick google or YouTube search, in fact the documentaries that are out there give way more information and detail. I really fail to find anything wrong at all in this.

Freddie didn't live by labels. Would AL or Glamberts years after AL passed away, want AL's sexuality to be discussed and to be published but a tabloid? No, I don't think so.
It's no big secret, but it's isn't AL's place either to label someone else.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby hardwired » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:03 pm

icy wrote:
sharon20 wrote:I hadn't listened to this so I just played it now and all he actually says is that by definition he thinks Freddie would be classed as bi since he did sleep with women occasionally. That was just his personal opinion of labels In the context of the interview where they were talking about fluidity and what constitutes being gay or bi or whatever. I was expecting him to have been really indiscreet from all the comments.

Fans know Freddie slept with women on occasion, it's no big secret and Adam didn't say any personal details or anything that you couldn't find in a quick google or YouTube search, in fact the documentaries that are out there give way more information and detail. I really fail to find anything wrong at all in this.

Freddie didn't live by labels. Would AL or Glamberts years after AL passed away, want AL's sexuality to be discussed and to be published but a tabloid? No, I don't think so.

YUp exactly - the longer this shameful collaboration exists they more he is leaning out f the window. I don't care about AL's sexuality and I don't care about Freddie's sexuality. I care first and foremost about the musical genius of Freddie. WHy doesnt he say sth about that? He is just a karaoke stand in who goes that far that he labels the guy he is living from. He should be as ashamed as Maylor should be ashamed doing this thing.
Last edited by hardwired on Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hardwired
Spread Your Wings

Postby hardwired » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:10 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:Brian and Roger are quite happy in the knowledge that the majority of real Queen fans will be happy for them - even if they don't buy into the QAL thing. You, on the other hand, in your dislike of QAL have become bitter towards Brian and Roger too...very sad. How can any true fan be so vitriolic and bitter when they know that the two founding members of their band are so happy where they are now? I think they deserve to be happy.

You are just blinded by your hatred of all things QAL. It's a shame that a purported Queen fan chooses to spend his time bitter about something he will never change; why don't you go and enjoy the old concerts instead?

Call it bitter - I call it utterly disappointed. What they did with QPR was ok. The name was debatable but it was a believable work pairing.
QAL is just a sad attempt at pretending they are still in their heyday. COmments like "we are better than before" or "AL is hittin higher notes than Freddie" are just awful to read or hear. And selling this with Freddie would have loved it just makes me angry.
Freddie would NOT have loved it to go out on endless nostalgia tours. He once said he wont be on a stage when it becomes ridiculous. Seeing two 70 year olds pairing with a 35 year old casting contestant is exactly what I call ridiculous. They are a human jukebox. Exactly that what RObert Plant for example hates. Instead he is playing smaller arenas , is doing new albums every two years and doesnt lose his integrity. How bored can you be playing WATC and WWRY for the zillionth time?
Freddie and John were always my fave members. Freddie was the glue that kept it together. QAL are not even a band. WHo is playing bass in the shadows? This is the Maylor ego show, pretending to be relevant while it is totally ridiculous. If you need a backup drummer than its time to give it up. Sad but true.

hardwired
Spread Your Wings

Postby sharon20 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:13 pm

icy wrote:

I didn't get that impression personally, more they were talking in a general sense and the guy asked him about Freddie and he was saying it as his opinion based on the definition of being bi/fluid as opposed to someone who's gay. The guy then asked Adam if he was fluid or gay. As to his sexuality being discussed, he's so used to it being one of the first things asked about for years I'm sure he wouldn't be bothered in the slightest. The fact is that labels are a big thing at the moment and it seems to be a hot topic, certainly Adam keeps being asked about all that stuff in almost every interview, about himself but also about other people in the industry or just in a general sense. The guy interviewing has a bit of a rep, but I'm sure Adam wouldn't know about that and everyone knows the tabloids love a click bait headline for sensationalist purposes, nothing you can do about it except refuse to do interviews at all.

sharon20
Spread Your Wings

Postby Nicki79 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:16 pm

I hate it, when people are spreading their opinions about something, they didn’t listen to. :roll:

But I will be nice and tell you, that both of you (icy and hardwired) are looking a bit dumb, because Adam spoke highly about Freddie. And he was talking about the things, YOU are criticizing. But, hey, go on. I won’t stop you. :lol:

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby sharon20 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:24 pm

hardwired wrote:
YUp exactly - the longer this shameful collaboration exists they more he is leaning out f the window. I don't care about AL's sexuality and I don't care about Freddie's sexuality. I care first and foremost about the musical genius of Freddie. WHy doesnt he say sth about that? He is just a karaoke stand in who goes that far that he labels the guy he is living from. He should be as ashamed as Maylor should be ashamed doing this thing.

Well if you listened to the rest of the podcast or indeed any of the interviews he does you would know he talks a lot about Freddie, how brilliant he was and how he was inspired by him, he sings his praises all the time so why focus on one tiny thing and ignore the rest. There wasn't anything bad about what he said and if it were anyone else, Elton John for example saying the exact same thing I doubt anyone would bat an eye.

sharon20
Spread Your Wings

Postby sharon20 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:25 pm

Nicki79 wrote:I hate it, when people are spreading their opinions about something, they didn’t listen to. :roll:

But I will be nice and tell you, that both of you (icy and hardwired) are looking a bit dumb, because Adam spoke highly about Freddie. And he was talking about the things, YOU are criticizing. But, hey, go on. I won’t stop you. :lol:

Yeah, he actually says Freddie forsook labels altogether.

sharon20
Spread Your Wings

Postby icy » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:27 pm

sharon20 wrote:
icy wrote:

I didn't get that impression personally, more they were talking in a general sense and the guy asked him about Freddie and he was saying it as his opinion based on the definition of being bi/fluid as opposed to someone who's gay. The guy then asked Adam if he was fluid or gay. As to his sexuality being discussed, he's so used to it being one of the first things asked about for years I'm sure he wouldn't be bothered in the slightest. The fact is that labels are a big thing at the moment and it seems to be a hot topic, certainly Adam keeps being asked about all that stuff in almost every interview, about himself but also about other people in the industry or just in a general sense. The guy interviewing has a bit of a rep, but I'm sure Adam wouldn't know about that and everyone knows the tabloids love a click bait headline for sensationalist purposes, nothing you can do about it except refuse to do interviews at all.

I have no problems with AL discussing his own sexuality. That's his choice, and I actually applaud him for it, because I know it's helpful.
Discussing Freddie's sexuality and labelling him. Not good to do it in the first place, Freddie was a very private man offstage. I will always say he deserved his privacy. Freddie isn't around to say how he would feel, but I'm giving my take on how I feel about it. AL has apparently talked to some of Freddie's friends and speaks about it to a tabloid reporter or journalist. I don't think that's a good thing. And the documentaries I have seen about Freddie are usually done with care and respect. There have been a couple, I never gave the time of the day.
I expected more from AL than this. He may be singing Queen songs for years now, but that doesn't give him the right to speak about Freddie's sexuality,IMO. I thought he was a jerk when he said he wanted to have a part in the Biopic as one of Freddie's Lovers. Now, he has labelled Freddie, as bisexual when a couple of months ago he didn't even know how in or out of the closet Freddie was. That's quite a leap in a short time.
Freddie was Freddie and I admire and respect the guy. A massive talent taken too soon.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby icy » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:31 pm

Nicki79 wrote:I hate it, when people are spreading their opinions about something, they didn’t listen to. :roll:

I said I listened to that part of it that I'm discussing here.
I'm not a bit dumb, but thanks anyways. :roll:
Oh so, AL spoke highly about Freddie. That makes it ok? Not to me it doesn't. Speak of someone's sexuality when the other person isn't around to give his side of the story isn't speak highly of someone, in my books.
But hey, go on defend AL.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby sharon20 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:40 pm

icy wrote:

Oh so, AL spoke highly about Freddie. That makes it ok? Not to me it doesn't. Speak of someone's sexuality when the other person isn't around to give his side of the story isn't speak highly of someone, in my books.

I personally don't take individual bits from various interviews I look at the thing as a whole and basing my opinion off what he said now and previously it sounded like "I don't know how in or out of the closet Freddie actually was" meant that Freddie wasn't open because at the time it wasn't as accepted but that he didn't exactly go out of his way to hide that much either. In other words he was hiding in plain sight. Adam even said that Freddie used to joke and once said "I'm gay as a daffodil" in interview. That is a different subject to me than talking about being Gay or Bi and the only reason that subject came up is because the guy asked him. It was literally less than a minute of a whole interview and he was talking in general terms the same as he would if asked about Elton John or Boy George or George Michael, based on things he's heard or read. That isn't the same as saying anything personal and those documentaries that are around have all referenced his sexuality far more explicitly.

sharon20
Spread Your Wings

Postby Nicki79 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:45 pm

icy wrote:

Then maybe the part you listened to was shortened or otherwise edited. But Adam didn’t „label“ Freddie anything. He explained his thoughts about it.

I think you and I won’t agree on that topic. And no, I don’t think, that Adam, Freddie or myself would give a shit, if someone else is discussing our sexuality at some point. I don’t even think, that Freddie was that private about it, because from what I‘ve learned, everyone, who knew him, knew about it. It had just been a different time without internet and all that came with it.

Nicki79
We Will Rock You

Postby icy » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:55 pm

Nicki79 wrote:
icy wrote:

Then maybe the part you listened to was shortened or otherwise edited. But Adam didn’t „label“ Freddie anything. He explained his thoughts about it.

I think you and I won’t agree on that topic. And no, I don’t think, that Adam, Freddie or myself would give a shit, if someone else is discussing our sexuality at some point. I don’t even think, that Freddie was that private about it, because from what I‘ve learned, everyone, who knew him, knew about it. It had just been a different time without internet and all that came with it.

Oh, I'm sorry. I'm a bit dumb not to say anything about it anymore.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Previous

Return to Queen + Adam Lambert